Copy tons of projects by watching Udemy tutorials

>copy tons of projects by watching Udemy tutorials
>change projects slightly and put on GitHub
>apply to jobs, get multiple offers
>go to work, copy and paste code all day while listening to music
>get paid $85k/year without producing any actual work

Welcome to programming. It's half just watching tutorials and mindlessly following along.

You did it.

Pretty much. Rarely do programmers actually innovate and realistically you're better off for it. There are well established means of accomplishing certain functions and roles for a reason.

For example; homemade cryptography is always a bad idea.

regardless, you need to be pretty smart to pull off such a "stunt".......especially the whole "act like I know what I'm doing" bit

however, you WOULD think some of your coworkers might catch on...at some point...right?

just saying if you want your scheme to continue you need to stay ahead of the curve at every moment to avoid being "outed" as the pseudo-(not quite what they thought you were) con-artist code monkey

I always thought of doing that but have no programming knowledge other than watching few video tutorials on Python and SQL.

Tell me If I were to do something like that which language should I fake or which is the most popular language for a job position asap.

im considering doing this,Im in uni and just completed data structures

>no programming knowledge

im OP

>copy tons of projects by WATCHing Udemy tutorials

i still learned

java

what do you think of this?Im currently 2nd year CE student

WSFS Bank
IT & Database Intern
This position is an internship opportunity working Mon – Fri., with a flexible schedule of 20-40 hours per week. This position is located in Newark, Delaware and will be starting at $12.00/hr.

I hate to break your fantasy up but $85K/year programming isn't a reality. Maybe project management or working for a large company. Reality is programming jobs are $35-45K starting and maybe max out at $65K. Programming doesn't make huge bank. Project management and R&D teams do. You need more than coding skills. You need people skills. You need social skills. You need teamwork skills. That's why these large companies like Google would rather hire an arts major and teach her how to code rather than teach somebody autistic enough to get a CS degree to interact with humans.

>inb4 a bunch of college students say nuhuh muh Google payscale says otherwise or I make $85K/year so you're wrong everybody is me!!!

>this entire post
sour grapes

You're going to have to tone it down, dude

It's reality. If it seems sour to you, then grow up.

The only reason you may be getting paid $85K or whatever is the location, and the cost of the living there is no different than getting paid $45K someplace else.

Also according to the government, computer programming jobs will decline 8% by 2024.

If you want to make decent money and not be worked like a slave on a mediocre salary, go into network/systems administration or

I had a CS degree and reality hit me like a brick wall. I had job offers that made up there in the $70s and $80s, but they were in large cities where a 600 square foot apartment started at $1,200 a month. In any reasonable location to live, you won't get that starting. Not even 5 years in unless you're management. So I decided to stay close to home and I was making $47K salary as a programmer being worked like a slave. I quit and went into administration. I get paid $72K a year salary working 8AM-4PM Mon-Fri. Been here almost 2 months now and never asked to work overtime.

The fuck are you getting your information? I have done both sysadmin and developer work at 80k/yr.

>That's why these large companies like Google would rather hire an arts major and teach her how to code rather than teach somebody autistic enough to get a CS degree to interact with humans.

R...really? Hmmmm
>Arts major
>Practically learned management skills
>Basic understanding of computers because I've work with a lot of codecs and often have to write batch scripts and chains of plugins/effects

Where do I apply?

Java ? Idk about Java or any language out there but isn't Java like a big massive thing which takes long time to learn to be able to get a job.

Is there any other language or course I can learn fake or Fake then learn to get a job. Ive heard of people faking SAP Fico and other modules and got jobs.

Please give me options guys. Accounting grad here with 4 years in insurance underwriting recently moved to Toronto and all jobs seem to be in IT.

Bumping for suggestions

>Also according to the government, computer programming jobs will decline 8% by 2024.

Just curious about this-- BLS also projects a 17% increase for 'software developer' jobs by 2024. Is there really that much of a difference between the two?

>he thinks "inb4" is a shield to protect his shitty comment's obvious holes

>maybe max out at $65K
Yeah. Maybe. As in maybe not. As in someone with 10+ years of expirence in ANYTHING can make more than 65k. The father of one of my friends is programmer monkey working for Oracle and he makes $100k+. You find something you love and fight your way up the ladder.

Don't pick a job for its salary. Employers don't care about your job, they care how many years of XP you have. Would you want to spend YEARS doing something you don't like? That's a bit like saving sex for your old age. If you truly love something, you can become a success at it no matter what it is.

haha

i live in delaware and am going to apply for this job and steal it sooo fucking hard

holy shit dude get btfo

>Udemy tutorials
nice shill

>must have a million certs and know a company's proprietary software inside out before you get the job
>12 buck an hour

Is it even worth going into IT any more? The stress, 24/7 availability and the amount of knowledge you must have in order to get paid slightly more than someone working at Costco is pure insanity.

>>go to work, copy and paste code all day while listening to music

I copy and pasted my way through a CompSci degree. I got a 2.1 and still have literally no idea what I'm doing and i'm too scared to apply for any software jobs in case they find out i'm full of shit.

>Art fags get bank from google

Are you serious?!

It's not enough that these people get through college with an easy af kiddie degree, drink, smoke and not have a care in the world while being entitled, but they get paid 10x more than what their degree is actually worth.

I hate this world.

stay pleb dumb code monkeys while I get paid top dollars to write tools you dumbfucks use everyday.

c++ pleb here, anyone knows good online freelance websites?

I'm not American so moving to an American city won't work

you should write a framework that allows modular processes to be plugged in and put the code monkeys out of business.

Actually costococucks make more than that.

Depends. In the web development game, it's JavaScript with libs such as Angular.js, node.js, jQuery etc. For back-end web, it's Ruby on Rails or Django. For databases it's usually sequel or mongodb. For business solutions, it's typically Java (muh security). For game development and integrated systems it's usually C++, and the list goes on and on and on. If you're interested in a particular niche, start looking up that field's development, find the most common/popular thing to use, and go for it.

I like fucking bitches with big personalities. Which one should I learn?

There are. Typical programming jobs are no more than just code monkey stuff. Essentially the program is written for them, they just turn it into a workable code. A software developer from the designs of whatever is given, can think about how it works, and develop code without having it written for them. The extra pay is for the logic and thinking behind the code, not the code itself.

Honestly, Java is not hard to learn, but to be effective at it you need to learn the underlying structure of what you are doing. I would recommend starting with python , then moving to C++, then moving to Java. Python is for getting the gist of basic programming. C++ is so that you know what happens behind the scenes of python and also start working with classes properly, then Java because it's all just classes anyways. Good luck anons.

Then you're probably in the mobile app dev world and GOTTA GO FAST. Learn Ionic for that, and make apps to get rich and fuck bitches.

Ionic is an angular.js framework that allows you to write HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to create phone apps for both Android and iOS at the same time. Its crazy easy to learn. Go for it.

Or if you just want to learn Java, then start out with that immediately and stop wasting time on all that other shit.

What you're doing is suggesting for someone to learn French because then it's easier for them to learn Italian afterwards.

Nigga, just learn Italian straight off.

No, what I'm sugggesting is to become a software developer and actually understand what you're doing, otherwise enjoy being a code monkey. Of course you can learn Java from just Java. But will you take the time to learn more about the field? Also, a good dev knows many languages and styles.

>arts major
>teaching HER to code

Ionic is this easy to do like you said ? Where do I start ? Heard of this Ionic thing for the first time

Yeah, ionic is pretty easy, and to make it even easier, then created a drag and drop app creator for it. Look up Ionic Creator and see some YouTube videos, then to get into the code, look at ionic's website to get started.

>go into network/systems administration
what would be a good degree in that ?

I live in a city where programmers are extremely in demand, and sys/network admins even more but there are millions of different certifications