[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

[ D a i l y B i k e T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

RIP (rest in pussy) 400cc sportbikes edition.

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Fun Webm

>/dbt/ map
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aQYFOIvc7ZM
youtu.be/8AsKOL8ccNk
youtube.com/watch?v=tjN5q9Ixen4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The feeling of owning a brand new, much better bike is worth the other $5k, and it'll cost you like $500 in interest by the time you're done with the payments.

what if you're not a consumerist whore so the thought of owning new things doesn't excite you and you'd rather just work on your skills on what you have soon as the bikes are still better than you are?

bike running again after shitshow of home wiring
now i just need a horn and some time at vicroads to get it registered

posted on /wsg/ for the sound

Replacing two bikes with one isn't the most consumerist thing ever. You could look out for a used one, too.

Unless you bought your current bike brand new and have taken perfect care of it since then, anything else is a ticking time bomb without extensive service records

>cucktorian

What "invasion" day rally did you attened, you unaustralian piece of shit.

Please show your anecdotal evidence

a family barbeque and working on the bike in the webm
im not a cuckbournian, i enjoy skids and racism

>is worth the other $5k
Nah m8

I don't think the 501 would fill the KDX's shoes.

Post bikes.

Muh pa bought a honda off craiglist and it broke down because the last owner was a dipshit and never changed the oil, hyuck

>not wrenching a used bike/lookin it over as soon as you get it
your pa is a fuck dyup shut

mah pa fucked yer ma, darnit

will trump bring back the two smoke sportbike?

4chans 18 and up, bud

No he will tax the hell out of import bikes. And Harleys will become the only reasonable priced bikes compared to piece of shit gook pasta nigger bikes

Post about that time you did butt stuff

>no mention of alcohol induced stupor

I see through your ruse.

>Honda has so much money they can build in the US whenever they want
>implying

Honda a shit. Pls go back to suck chink BBC cuckold

Then why do they keep fucking winning everything that isn't WSBK

Fuck off cuck

jorge/ducati champ 2017, just wait for it.

At least a cuck gets laid.

What is the best moto race and why is it the Dakar rally?

Why do japan roads look as perfect as a pool table surface?

So jelly...

They invest heavily in infrastructure

Because you are a doe eyed weeb. Their roads are still shit too.

Because that's freshly paved and they actually used real pavement. They do the same thing in Europe.

>Americans will never know feels other than chip and seal roads

thats now how you spell baja1000

Two coat spray sealed roads are good, just don't ride on fresh ones.

they have good and bad roads like everywhere else.

there are bits of roads surfaced like racetracks in australia and 2 km down the road it can be basically gravel.

400cc sportbike edition is a good edition.

Love it. I could not have made a better decision for my first bike than the GS500. She forgives me for every mistake I kade/make and all small problems that may occur, you can handle by yourself with very little knowledge.

And it only cost me 680 Euros.

>tfw you have a wet dream about your sister

Where's your trip kkk?

Ok, so I live in Denmark, and I can't carry a gun or a knife while out in public or riding.

Knife laws are retarded (Maximum 4cm blade in public, no switch blade) and gun laws are non existent as police are the only ones allowed to carry guns

So what can I do if somebody tries to hijack my bike?

Beat them up

be insured against theft
use actioncam while riding
park near doors of commercial establishments for cctv coverage
get a big fuck off lock

Let them take it and make an insurance claim

petition to change your shit self defense laws

Resist if you can. Let them have it if you can't. Common sense.

Best edition

>being this dead
>yuropoors actually being at work

>australians deserted this barren shitposter land

lame

Not again...

All it took was one two five cubic centimeters!

who Kawi here?

Yee

I think my next bike is going to be brand new or at least demo. I've had five used bikes so far, in varying condiiton, and I'm just getting tired of
>overdue service items
>some hidden mod buried halfway down the engine
>poor break in technique
>aftermarket has come and then gone away

I can keep a nice bike nice, but I'm sick of overhauling things that haven't been treated properly.

I have owned a bike from the other 3 Japanese manufacturers but never a Kawi, I'd like too just for completeness sake but there aren't really any that interest me.

Headbutt with helmet. Also never use a knife for self defense, it's an incredibly bad idea.

>The feeling of owning a brand new, much better bike is worth the other $5k
Lol no it's not. Nothing is.

Funny enough I've owned the three 3 but not a Suzuki yet

Finnfag here, are there actually hijackers there? Is it immigrants or poles?

Post sister.
You don't have hijackers in Denmark, fuck off.

If I want to change the engagement point of the clutch lever do I have to get adjustable levers. I've heard people say to increase freeplay but that just seems like it would result in the clutch not disengaging fully

Your knife laws are sensible.
>carry a fuckoff maglite
>encounter
>blind
>smack
>blind
>smack
>blind
>smack
Don't worry about breaking a maglite. I've hammered nails in with them, broke door handles and even burst a battery inside the light, and it still worked. Get an LED one for maximum durability.

That said
>Insure it against theft
>Park it away from the street
>Put a tarp over it
>Big fuckoff disc brake lock
>Disconnect the battery
>If you feel you must, buy a Lithium-Ion battery and take it inside with you
>Buy a big fuckoff chain and wrap it around a tree or something

The trick is to make your bike harder to steal than someone else's. If they know they're going to take minutes pulling a lock off, or heaving the bike into a truck, they're much less likely to steal it. As opposed to finding someone's scoot-scoot that only has the steering column lock on. Then they can just hammer a screwdriver down the keyhole and away they go.

As for keeping a weapon like a flashlight on your bike, the Hell's Angels used to keep hammers and axes on the inside of their forks. But that requires you seeing your attacker approaching. So it doesn't always work.

>carry a fuckoff maglite
It's called a nigger knocker

>your motorcycle never rode through the legs of a cgi dinosaur
why live?

400cc V4?

get yourself something nice m8

Not even the W800?

>Also never use a knife for self defense, it's an incredibly bad idea.

But why?

This is the best looking Kawasaki bike, all the others look like big plastic toys.

better to shoot the nog man, dat ccw life brah

Because you will hurt yourself badly if you don't know what you're doing.
The majority of the people that use knives for defense or attack hurt themselves, look it up.

I bought a 929rr for 2k in running condition. A new 600 with vastly similar specs and less usable torque is 11k.

Explain why on earth I would buy the new 600

>huhuhuhuhuh I say nigger on Veeky Forums
Fuck off.

Because they don't drive on the Wong side of the road

Seconded

That frame that goes around the entire engine is so ugly I'm so sorry

>Implying I don't have a 5D maglite that I call the nigger knocker

Nignog detected

You've never been in a knife fight, have you?
youtu.be/aQYFOIvc7ZM
This is between two people who know what they're doing.
youtu.be/8AsKOL8ccNk
Yours will probably look more like this.

spent $2,000 on my gixxer and it would absolutely destroy anything you own

because knife is not a stopping weapon, but a penetrating one. When you stab a drunk or angry guy in the chest, he will beat you to half death and only then notice he is stabbed. And then he will die and you will get charged.

There are three outcomes:
1) You slice him a bit, small bruises do not stop him from whooping your ass
2) You stab him, it doesn't stop him but he later dies
3) He takes your knife and stabs you

Only real downsides to the gs500 would be
>no fairings
>shim and bucket valves

otherwise gs500s are great, I'm considering picking up an old high miler purely to rack up commuting miles.

It's like he's never been in a fight.

>craptastic handling and brakes
>outdated even when it came out

It does everything a motorcycle is supposed to do, it just doesn't do any of it well.

Try and consider that In countries like mine ccw isn't really a thing.

Fellow euro here, I got mine. You need to fight the law, but it's worth it. That said: chain. You're carrying it for safety anyway, right?

this is an ignorant opinion
>hurr this bike isn't a 2017 gixxer

Simple tech, forgiving handling, and easy maintenance are advantages on this class of bike. Having six piston brakes, USD showas, and an expensive alloy frame would literally make this bike worse at what it needs to do.

>Fellow euro

More specific?
Here is only allowed if you can provide a good reason to, i.e. if your life is threatened by mafia and shit

>gunfreaks
No one is gonna hijack your shitbike. Even if they did you wouldn't even be able to draw the gun before they get the bike, shooting someone in the city while he's riding away seems like the perfect way to kill some bystander, probably some kiddo who was waiting for the bus, and end up in prison.

You're all fucking retarded.

This is you.
youtube.com/watch?v=tjN5q9Ixen4

Freedom, motherfucker.

Fuck the bike, what about your life? How much is that worth to you? You gonna just hope the next person that accosts you doesn't feel like ending your pathetic existence?

What about your home? Family? You gonna be a cuck and trust the lives of probably the only people you actually care about to some guy you don't know and never met who is probably sitting all the way across town? Yeah, I'm sure he'll do a great job identifying the body of your daughter once all is said and done.

>freedom

>muh FREEDOM!
Seriously? You're on the same level of ISIS, if this is your reasoning.

>Fuck the bike, what about your life? How much is that worth to you? You gonna just hope the next person that accosts you doesn't feel like ending your pathetic existence?
What the fuck are you talking about? Where the fuck do you think you're living? You're in Denmark, for fuck's sake, who the fuck is gonna try to kill you on the streets while you're riding? Same shit if you're not that guy and you live in the US.

If you live in the city the chance that someone is gonna enter your house and threaten your life is like

So what would you recommend for a stopping weapon, then?

Those portable sticks that cops carry? Pepper spray/bear repellent?

(guns aren't really an option here)

Read into the weapons laws of renaissance Germany and the accompanying self defense laws.
That was a time and place more armed than America. But they also had strict laws with self defense and charged/punished people for violating them.
And it was a lot more violent than America is right now.

>crime
>denmark
????

Slovakia (i'm even on the /dbt/ map). Here as well you have to have been previously a) assaulted b) robbed or c) killed previously. There's exceptions to every rule: here also if you can prove you carry large amounts of money on you for business purposes, you're a journalist etc. you get a free pass. We once had a metal barrel stolen from our garden away from the house (total price about 2 euro at scrap metal center) and this qualified as being robbed, and since there's no place to store the gun at the garden, gotta carry it.

Talk with your national gun owner's group, they're probably your best resource, I know mine was. Be prepared to get asked stupid questions from cops and have your answers ready, with a printout of the law in your hand.

You could also stage a fake robbery, have a statement taken and use that for the permit. Welcome to /k/

Maglite or a metal rod attached to your frame or fork.

Also your riding gloves should have reinforced knuckles so you can beat the everloving daylights out of an assailant unless you're a weakass pussy beta cuck

Flashlight.

>c) killed previously

Something that would be ready to use while you're on the bike, obviously. Use your head.

While this kind of shit might fly in Eastern Europe there's no way it would work in Denmark.

>must carry gun at all costs
I bet you also ride dangerously on public roads and defend people who do it.