It doesn't seem like this is going to succeed when both the optima turbo and tucson have a much more proper transmission

it doesn't seem like this is going to succeed when both the optima turbo and tucson have a much more proper transmission

You can see they were trying soooooooo fucking hard to get something close to the BMW meme nose.

I love the damn thing.
Will probably buy one pending a test drive.

4500rpm redline

uwotm8.jpg
where did you see that?

Same jdm autist bmw hate poster!!!! Gawd quit pointing out flaws in what i like!!!!! Fuck off, jdm fags!!!!

Is this the new Alfa?

No. It's the new Kia Stinger GT. RWD sedan with a turbocharged V6.

That's clearly 6500 you moron. Which is perfectly normal.

Not the guy mentioning the 4500.
t. nice helpful poster

Does anyone know about pricing?

Probably gonna be in the 30s starting since it's supposed to be upmarket of the Optima

You know, atleast the Koreans are trying. i gotta give em credit. How much progress have american cars made in the last decade? Not nearly enough.

Hahahaha, dat >interior

There's just one single important question. How does it FEEEEEEL? The answer to this will make or break the entire car. Is it gonna be cheap, powerful sports-sedan or a horribly behaving landbarge?

Wow that looks fucking retarded.

>implying that interior isn't cool as fuck

Kind of funny that now even the interiors are starting to mirror Audi designs.

it was modeled after your mothers face faggot

I love they have blacked out the pillars and roof. Gives it that premium feel. I really hope this is as good as it sounds.

I'm guessing 39k Canadian start. Upper models 55-60k CAD.
They've putting a lot of tech into this. I think they want to compete with the Genesis sedan with this car.

>makes all of its torque and horsepower before 2000 RPM on a turbocharged engine

you dont need it to rev high

Except that it's smaller than the Genesis, and why would Kia compete with Hyundai/Genesis? The K900 is the car you're thinking of but it's more like a Ford/Mercury kind of scenario. They're the same company

>feels burdo bordo, man

What the bell are you talking about? That interior looks Benz as hell, right down to the 3 circular vents and the cla-looking floating tablet.

loadsa chinks ITT

Rumours of 40k base and 55k top spec in AUD.

why are gookshit shills so butthurt lately?

exactly. lots of benz going on...

the vents are round, that's pretty much it though

shifter and steering wheel spoke looks audi-ish too...

come on man, i love that asian cars are giving german cars a run for their money these days, but the tablet, with three round equally spaced vents with adjustment nubs is uncannily similar.

Everyone knows who Kia is trying to go after here, using some their design ideas to a degree isn't terrible.

Your mom's butthurt last night after I got done with her.

The tablet.... just like in the mazda 3.
The 3 round vents, like in the Audi TT, And the mustang.

Would be very surprised if this turns out to be true, I would think 50k base stretching into the 70s.

That puts it nearly in line with the s3 and m240. It can't get that high. 55k is ss commodore territory. Which is about right.

Orrrr all of that, just like most new Benzes.

I know I meant that I don't see the similarity to the Audi. Kia is just too stupid to copy Merc properly, they even forgot they used round center vents when they designed the left vent. It's why no one will ever take the gooks seriously. Copying the technology is bad enough but they can't even come up with their own interior. If a new Kia was just a 4 year old Mercedes from the factory I would consider buying one but they just aren't. The moment you close the door you know you're driving korean shit and not a Mercedes.

My only issue with the steering wheel is that nasty kia badge,
>shallow I know
and the shape; lack of thickness, bolstering, and no flat bottom.

Considering it's going to be Kia's "luxury sedan" I personally believe that a sporty steering setup is necessary to compete with the jdm market.

>Surely tuning can fix this... right?

There's a more than solid chance you'd need a bigger turbo, beyond just tuning.

What is the big deal about flat bottom steering wheels? I also don't get the attraction to fat/spongy steering wheels.

I love that this car is being made. We should all be applauding Kia's efforts and hoping that it's as good as they want it to be.

Lmao get out
Fucking keeping up with the Jones' badge wanker

The JDM market doesn't consider buying anybody else's cars. If more people knew it, maybe it would snap some people out of the John & Yoko bullshit.

>SMALL
>H
>A
>N
>D
>S

>luxury sedan
>compete with jdm market
You've missed the point

nice argument, shill. a fucking Skoda Superb has a higher build quality than your gookshit.

>"""luxury"""

Alright badge wanker, keep ogling over base model a3s.

Just excited to have air conditioned seats desu

It's the same game for many aspiring premium products. Press releases say it's targeting the 3-series, but it is a size class larger.

Looking at this and the Giulia, it's about 10 inches longer, same width. Both companies could have benefited from collaboration. More options, special editions, faster development, bigger ad budgets.

Basically, it's for obese amerifats that want a 5 series but could only afford a 3 series.

The 3 series is already so god damn big these days, thank god for the 2 at least.

Except it's being released under genesis as the G70 as well.