Daily vanlife thread

Daily vanlife thread.
Will Trump make vanlife great again?
Can we do the 70s over and make it so chicks want to fuck strangers in the backs of custom vans again?

Other urls found in this thread:

phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5978053422.html
seeker.com/in-the-future-we-might-live-in-roaming-autonomous-cars-2208968746.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seems like these /vlg/ threads died off for a while when the weather got cold.

Everyone freeze to death?

this shit is so cringe

Could you just park a van in the woods in yankland and live a relatively undisturbed life?

Many are doing just that.

depends on where you park

keep it away from the public eye and private property and probably

>make it so chicks want to fuck strangers in the backs of custom vans again?
this was just code for raping high school girls
paedophilia was low key acceptable in the 70's

free love baby.

theres still loose sluts everywhere these days

much more than back then Id say

you know its a problem when sluts are offended when you call them what they are

Who the hell poops in an alley?
Van fags poop at Walmart or the Planet Fitness.

How so?

pa/g/eets

>Trump
>nostalgia for an age they never lived in
>manchild tier thinking that almost proves they never leave the house

I wonder

This.

Planning on buying a bus and remodeling it into a full RV, few years off though. Planning stages right now.

>not voting trump
>van life is for all times
>implying i will ever leave the van

how are you going to heat it

Reporting in. Roasty-toasty in muh van at 5 - 15 burger units night temp. Vandwelling killed my Veeky Forums addiction. Hard to find a coffee shop where some fag didn't get the ip b&. There's workarounds, but I'm too lazy. On the plus side, I've been very productive.

I've pissed in the same alley like 8 times now and they still don't know.

I don't get why you faggots always go for giant shit like box trucks and schoolies. They're a piss on gas and a piss to park, you know?

Shit, I have a minivan and I could do with less space.

The fuck you putting in there, a yoga studio and a full baker's kitchen for your gourmet cupcake business?

I kind of want to do it in some shitbox suv like a trooper or explorer. Something you can beat the crap out of and get on crappy dirt roads.

i was chilling inside my BARE BONES 250 transit (literally zero insulation. not even flooring.) and it wasn't even that bad and it was 30F out. it blocks the wind which is all i need to be comfy

30f is doable easy.
10f starts to get tough.

i have a van. i want to sleep in it but i havent yet. probably mostly because my parents wont approve. ill do it this year

Fuck you people are tough with cold weather. Anything below 45F and Im fucking out. Could not hack the van life.

Van fags refer to it as planet shitness.

If you get a membership at the right time of year, it can be as little as ten bucks a month and every location in the country.

>because my parents wont approve

How old are you, twelve?

>45F

T-shirt weather. Just acclimate yourself brah. Cold climates a comfiest.

OR get a nice propex

Does anyone have any nice van pics to post?

>Who the hell poops in an alley?
Homeless people living in vans. They poop even on residential lawns too in bushy areas during the daytime. Sometimes, closely spaced cars in a parking lot provide opportunity for a piss so a car may have piss on it since the cars block views and they can finish a piss before people walk close enough.

>Will Trump make vanlife great again?
If only vanlife was with those people from that era.

That era and its people don't exist anymore. Most of the vans now are full of potentially violent people who have no where else to go. They got displaced from their jobs by immigrants and refugees eager to work harder and longer for less pay.

Picture shows example of when a homeowner confronted occupants in a van that had been living in front of her house for weeks. Homeowner Cynthia Nelson said she noticed problems with noise, garbage, and drugs as soon as the van appeared on the public, gravel parking strip -- littering the lawn in front of her house with needles, trash, propane tanks and other garbage

"When you see needles on the ground that have been used by people, you don't want that in your neighborhood," Nelson said. "I just got fed up."

Nelson said she reached her breaking point on March 10 after several failed attempts to try to get the van out of her neighborhood.

She approached the van and heard someone cursing inside, she said.

The next thing Nelson remembers was she was on her porch with a bloody face waiting for an ambulance to take her to the hospital, she said. Nelson suffered a broken bone in her face and severe bruises near her nose and eyes. A portion of the left side of her face is now swollen.

"I feel violated that someone put their hands on me. And I don't remember," Nelson said. "Everything hurts. I want my headaches to stop. I want my nightmare to end. I want to feel safe when I got outside," she said.

Nelson said after the attack happened the vans and recreational vehicles on the street haven't come back.

The van was spotted early Friday evening about 7 blocks north of her home. The van's owner, who told KOMO News he is homeless, said he's spent the past 2 months in the hospital and doesn't know who attacked Nelson.

2 months living in hospital at taxpayer expense is pretty expensive. Hooray for today's modern vanlifers.

You might be able to insulate a van, if it's big enough. That aside though a thermal sleeping bag can have your back to pretty low temperatures. Wouldn't be glamorous, but nothing about living in a fucking van seems that way so IDK.

Your body acclimates to whatever climate your experiencing. If it was 2.0C outside right now I could walk around in a long sleeve shirt, provided that it wasn't windy.

>Drugs and needles
>Littering
>Loitering
Why didn't the bitch call the police?

Or just mind her own fucking biznatch

>Why didn't the bitch call the police?
The police were already being prosecuted by Obama's federal investigation for profiling blacks. The police were also being cited for using violence against blacks (never mind that the blacks rioted and actually attacked the police first). So the police were unable to continue more than the minimum activity against blacks due to a court injunction as well as federal overseer appointed to the police department. Obama wanted no more Trayvon or whatever else media circus like those other places in the country.

As a result, many anti-loitering laws were not enforced against blacks (but were enforced against others). As a result, many abandoned car laws (72 hours) were not enforced against blacks. And many RV and vans parked even in the back of some stores were NOT cited and NOT towed. While that sounds impossible to you, it was because of the black activists continually filing lawsuit after lawsuit against the police for almost every case that blacks were prosecuted. By using the shotgun approach of throwing a billion mud balls at a wall, sooner or later one was going to stick. And that's what happened. The blacklivesmatter movement is very active in my area since there are lots of angry blacks using social services upset at losing additional income from drugs.

>Why didn't the bitch call the police?
In a lot of usa cities, you have to prove who pooped or tossed the needle. You can't just say so and have the police accept that as truth.

If you fail to convict in your accusation, you are subject to a racial discrimination and defamation lawsuit from the local BLM. Everyone knows to contact their local activists for options on how to make money. The homeowner then settles out of court by giving money to the accused in order to drop the lawsuit.

If the vehicle is pushed just 30 feet every 72 hours, then it avoids the loitering law too. So they get pushed back and forth if their engines no longer run. The law only requires a different location and doesn't mandate a check if the vehicle can run or not.

Very little truth in this post

Your proof?

So the lesson learned is to stay away from darkies. You still need to be told this?

That's racial profiling.
People get into trouble doing that.

Well for one thing, your 30ft every 72hrs is bogus.
That might be the case in a few places, but that is local zoning and different everywhere.
I don't think you have traveled much and I also think you are not 18 yet.

Why are t5 conversion kits so damn expensive? Am I just caught up in VeeDub tax?

Germans don't work cheap.

>That might be the case in a few places, but that is local zoning and different everywhere.
That guy is right.
72 hours is the standard time in many american cities.

It's a lovely van but Fuck me the parts are expensive

phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5978053422.html

Why the fuck isn't this 4wd.

>Will Trump make vanlife great again?
Seems like most of them started living in vans because a nigger was going to take all their freedoms, maybe now they'll go back and live with their parents again

>Thinking police will pass up any opportunity to fuck with minorites anyway
>Thinking black people magically avoid prosecution even with BLM

Lol

>many
Try a few

that thing is rad

My friend just bought a westfalia to try and do this van life thing. It's brown and has this blue hippy swirl decal on it. He calls it the baked potato.

I don't understand it at all.

Sounds like you don't live around ghetto goblins.

Lucky you.

>people living in a van littering in front of your home
>not your business

Come live in front of my house and do that, cunt. I'll show you how to mind your own business with my sledgehammer and my dick.

You will need more than hammer user.
You better come heavy.

You will understand once he posts pics of himself camping in that rig on tinder.
The amount of tail he is in for is ungodly.

Wood burning stove while sitting, electric heater while running

Cause I'm better at interior remodeling then automotive shit and can turn a bus into a fucking mansion

>You will need more than hammer user.
dawww the mallninja thinks he can fend me off with his folded mirrion times katana
The hammer is to smash every window and panel on the van after I finish with the sodomy

Just shoot them you edgelord

when my company sends me out on domestic business and I can drive there, I sleep in my station wagon and shower at the truck stop, and collect a $75/day company stipend for it

They think i'm using airbnb

I don't know any van dwellers that do not have at least one firearm .
If the van is registered as an rv, the it's your home.
If someone tries to break in you get to kill them.

>Can we do the 70s over and make it so chicks want to fuck strangers in the backs of custom vans again?

In the future, some of us might live in self-driving roaming autonomous cars. Your address is your phone and deliveries are made to your phone (GPS location).

seeker.com/in-the-future-we-might-live-in-roaming-autonomous-cars-2208968746.html

The problem about fighting homeless is that you have a fixed vulnerable location. When you go to work, they get revenge on you. And if you don't have a garage, your poor car is out there all alone at night.

>70s style self driving hot rod van with mural and I am banging Indian and Asian chicks inna back.
Pls Dolan, make it real

>will trump make vanlife gr8 again?
if you mean everyone will be living in their vehicles, yes, yes he will
>My wagon is ready

>do 70's over? Fuck strangers in vans?
no that sounds terrible

Do you honestly not want to ever get some strange pussy?
Are you a male?

I've had strange pussy and a '91 G20, it's not worth looking like a tool in a fuckvan m8
>just go to a bar and wait until last call
thanks for the laugh tho

All of this. If you're going to beat down a homeless person- especially a van dweller, you'd best make sure you incapacitate them permanently. If they don't retaliate against you directly, they'll find a sympathetic cops or lawyers and ruin your shit that way.

You're almost always better off letting local police deal with homeless bullshit.

I bet you
>voted to clinton
>drive an audi, lexus or other douche-mobile
>despite not living at home, your parents still pay for everything via trust or whatever.

That's not even cringe-worthy manchild tier. that's just plain still-a-child tier. Come back in 18 years, and in the meantime let the rest of us men have our van fantasies.

How would driving a cool van make you look like a tool?

98 Dodge Ram Van 3500 V8
Vs.
99 Chevy Astro V6

First, go newer.
Tradeoff is gas mileage vs room
ASTRO is way smaller.
Astro also available in AWD

Seattle.

Post-menopausal woman.

Junkie PNW derelict squatters.

In other parts of the world where testosterone and the law of the jungle apply, you'd have 3 friends, 6 dollars and 12 minutes of problem resolution and something to watch.

I did that all year until the snows came. Tecnically there'd like a 2 or 4 week limit but USFS doesn't care that much if you ain't a filthy homeless guy

>You're almost always better off letting local police deal with homeless bullshit.
That's the ONLY way. But you have to complain about them anonymously. If they know it was you that kicked them out of your neighborhood, they will damage your car. That's happened here already.

And those that say key your car, that's wrong for homeless here. They simply throw some rocks at your car or house windows and be on their way.

Or how about just letting them be.
Are theyou really hurting anything?
Where do you suggest they go?

You would be surprised how well bullet-wounds in the head get them out of your neighborhood. Drop one, and they all get the message.

They will knock on the door of the van at all hours if they think someone is inside.

A dog helps.

>They will knock on the door of the van at all hours if they think someone is inside.
>A dog helps.

If the homeless campers in front of your house try to guard their van with a dog, that would be illegal. The homeowner has the right to be anywhere on the owned property at any time of day without the homeless dog attacking the homeowner.

Dude.....what?

>I've had strange pussy once , it was awful

I couldn't tell what the hell side that guy was even on.

>They will knock on the door of the van at all hours if they think someone is inside.

If you mean the homeowners will annoy the homeless camping in front of the house and driveway, that is not effective. The homeless won't leave just because someone does the "knock and run" trick just like teenagers do to some houses for laughs.

The homeless are invincible.
They have already lost everything.
They have nothing to lose.
If they feel they have been wronged, they have all day long to think of ways to fuck with you because they have NOTHING else to do and nowhere important to go.
I'd you get them arrested, it won't be for over a week or two and then they are back.
Many are not rational and some are insane.
Do not fuck with the homeless

Threads like these makes innawoods life look like paradise. Glad I went the /k/ommando way.

>If they feel they have been wronged, they have all day long to think of ways to fuck with you because they have NOTHING else to do and nowhere important to go.

The homeless have the police at an impasse right now. The seattle police got in trouble with the federal government over racial profiling, but what to do whenever they walk over any of the overpasses (built-up areas, parks, buildings) or bridges spanning the freeway? The police can't follow them onto the bridges and ask what they are doing anymore due to racist profiling charges.

Any black homeless is legally able to carry a rock while crossing a bridge over a freeway! To stop them is racist! To prevent copycats, it is not usually mentioned in public media (TV news, newspapers, radio news). But it happened frequently enough that finally a radio news anchor and talk show host got nailed by a homeless.

So he talked about his experience on the radio. Since it happened to a prominent member of the media, the other local media publications decided to break the silence and cover it. The homeless drop BIG rocks (not small ones) onto fast moving cars on the freeway in hopes of killing uncaring racist people who pass by with their successful lives and leave the homeless behind to wallow in their poorness and misery.

The rocks go right thru the windshield since a car at 60MPH has huge momentum. If a person is there, it would kill them. Otherwise it goes thru the front seat (no steel plate) and lodges into the rear passenger seat because they have a steel backplate.

Our worst year had 4 deaths from rock droppings.

I feel like the real racists here are the stones themselves as they are causing most of the actual racial dammages

Dude... I'm sorry you're afraid of Pioneer square. I lived up there for almost a decade and managed to literally have zero problems even though I worked downtown there.

Are you that same fucking faggot who keeps posting that same picture of Salt Lake City calling it Denver?
You do it on /pol/, I've seen it on /trv/, and now on Veeky Forums.
You're fucking obnoxious and setting off my autism. Change that fucking filename.

I'm okay now. I moved out of the south seattle area. I've only been mugged twice (both times by black youths). I wasn't racist but after the 2nd vicious mugging beating, I lost faith in blacks because non-black lives don't matter to them.

The 2nd mugging was the worst since they were mean even after getting the money. They klunked me like all violent muggers do and then kept punching me in the face and another kept kicking my ribs trying to break one. Black Lives Matter!

They riffed my pockets and took the car and house keys of course, but my car was too far away for the remote to show them which car to steal. They only stopped since other people were coming. Black Lives Matter!

The black muggers were stylishly dressed and well-fed and healthy looking. They didn't look deprived or homeless. One of them laughed a lot too at my plight since I VOMITED FROM THE BEATING. Black Lives Matter!

I have just the spare rod key inside my leather belt. So after that I stumbled back to my car and started it fast before the alarm goes off since I had no keyfob. I then pressed Onstar and told them what happened. After verifying the car and me, I called the police as the car has its own cellphone since I had nothing else on me but clothes and that one keyrod. Black Lives Matter!

The mugging cost me $420 more later because I had to buy replacement keyfobs via the dealer AND have new codes set in the car computer and the keyfobs. The old keyfobs would no longer work due to being administratively designated as stolen. Black Lives Matter!

I also payed a bunch more money for new door locks for my home since they had my drivers license, home address, garage door key, house keys, mailbox keys, bike lock keys, etc. So I had to buy new locks too and pay the post office for a re-keyed mailbox and new keys. Black Lives Matter!

There's no free replacement of stolen smartphones. So you have to buy a new one. More money yet again. Damn. Black Lives Matter!

Are you a white male ?
You whole story sounds pretty racist to be desu user

>I feel like the real racists here are the stones themselves as they are causing most of the actual racial damages

The real racists are the white drivers that keep on ignoring the blacks. They are the ones that created the problem. It's racist to blame the blacks.

>Could you just park a van in the woods in yankland and live a relatively undisturbed life?
It depends. It has to be on public land and not in normal tourist areas and you need ranger admins to be forgiving. They run a check on your plates and look for the mandatory state pass. I don't know of any unregulated area allowing camping without a pass (it seems all places are covered).

What some homeowners did was sneak by at night and quickly stab the tires. That means the police can tow it as a derelict because it clearly cannot be driven. More homeowners need to put on hoodies and masks and take the law into their own hands to anonymously drive out campers in front of their homes.

>Junkie PNW derelict squatters.
They are pretty scary. They won't even go to the free needle and exchange center. Instead, they break open those used needle containers in the library restroom to get syringes. I saw one busted open a few days ago.

There's so much syringing that there is a used syringe collection box in the restroom AND one in each individual toilet stall too. I was a bit shocked to see so many collection boxes.

Jesus Christmas where do you live?
Sounds like fucking commie hell

Holy fucking shit.

Wait a minute.
>they break open those used needle containers in the library restroom to get syringes
You're not putting some chemical in those containers... why?

>mandatory state pass
I live in the national forest, never been asked by the forestry guys or Fish & game for any "pass"

>You're not putting some chemical in those containers
I am not maintenance or staff. Just a normal library user mentioning something I've seen in some KCLS branches.

You haven't seen those wall-mounted metal-shielded disposal units then. They are merely low-security collection containers for used syringes so that they don't throw them into the trash or into the toilet to plug up the pipes. These containers aren't filled with chemicals or other booby traps. KCLS is a pretty liberal institution. It would not even consent to security cameras in its parking garages or outdoor public spaces. As a result, crime occurs. But if it had security footage, then the courts or police can subpoena it for investigations and use it for their photo identification databases.

Syringe disposal units are a necessary evil in some branches. If KCLS public library branches in certain problem areas like South Seattle or Highlands / Renton don't provide disposal, syringe parts can get into the trash and possibly poke someone. Or they get into the plumbing and can't make it past any turn in the pipes. That makes clogged up pipes that are expensive to fix.

Can't help it that in some library branches, more than half of the users are homeless who basically live/sleep there or use the library as their base of operations.