>He want to buy so we sign the title and he cuts me a check
>He offers me a ride, so I have him take me to my bank a block away
>He's still outside the bank parked when I leave so I begin to walk to my work
>I'm almost a block away
BANG
>Obvious car crash sound
>Oh god it's not...
>He crashed the car
>There was a new F150 two spots away from him and he fully accelerated into the end of the truck bed trying to leave the lot

Goodnight sweet shitbox, I'm sorry I did this to you.

Was it manual? Maybe he didn't know much

Auto ;_;

This can't be real...

Did he have an undercut, sunglasses, flannel shirt and ear piercings?

He had gauged ears.

>not owning a tesla
and nothing of value was lost.

His ancestors are eternally shamed

Pic of car OP?

>he cuts me a check
you done fucked up! unless you cashed out right there.

>sold my miata to my top mate
>happy because I get to see that shitbox flourish as it now lives in a garage
>even lets me drive it after he installs mods
I feel for you op, I really do

Picture taken right before he drove me to the bank
I hated to do it, but I saw his balance on his phone and dropped it into my bank ASAP. I was a little tweaked yesterday because he could have drained or moved the money since he crashed the car. The money is in now.

How are people that retarded at driving, all you have to do is fucking pay attention

I'm literally an autistic ADHD fucker and I have never once got in a car accident, save for denting my bumper pulling out of a parking spot next to a curb when I was 16

I've been in 4 accidents after having my license for 8 months

None of them were my fault kek

>none of them were my fault
Doubtful. You're probably one of those assholes who slams on their breaks at yellow lights.

EVERYONE is incredibly ashamed of him

Please tell me you signed a release of liability form and removed the car from your insurance prior.

Tbh you shouldn't have done it.

>rear ending someone
>not your fault
Pick one

>putting yourself in a situation to get rear ended
>"Y-yeah, not my fault."
I fucking knew it.

You have a good friend, my dude.

yeah right
your insurance co will not think so

>None of them were my fault kek
>kek
So all of them were your fault?

>rear ends someone
>"it's your fault for putting yourself in a situation to get rear ended!"
user confirmed for a woman

exactly this situation got me in my first and only 'crash' in ten years.
i just so slightly bumped his numberplate, no damage. he didnt call the cops. i guess he was ashamed and knew what he had done.

I'm guessing you pull out in front of people like a dumbass.
>I'm the only one on the road!

>I've been in 4 accidents after having my license for 8 months
>None of them were my fault kek
Insurance companies also look at people who get into situations even though they are not legally charged. Some policies are also written with "chargeable incident" which means that even if it was not your fault, if the incident had any charges, it can raise your rates.

That's why it sucks if an underinsured driver hits me. Or if someone hits and runs me. Both of those raise my rates even though it was not my fault in causing the accident.

I'm not even the guy you're arguing with but you're just moving goalposts now.

Was right. If you pay attention to your surroundings and have a safe following distance you will never rear end somebody.

>that fucking prius in the back

>safe following distance
*cuts you off and brakes*

I've only posted once until now, idiot.

2 of them were me being rear ended by people on their phone. I was stopped well early (rain) and one skids into me. The other one stopped and just rolled into me.
>had a trailer hitch on kek
1 was an old couple backing up too far and tapped me when I was parked on the otherside of the road
The final one was where I was sideswiped on the freeway

>SoCal drivers

I didnt report the first 3 to insurance because almost no damage to my truck but theirs was fucked. The 2 rear ending incidents where both people were on their phone (teenage girl and dude) shit themselves because I told them I saw them on their phone. They all told me they didnt want the insurance to get involved and they said they'd fix my car. Declined because almost no damage.

My sideswipe got the insurance involved, found the other drive at full fault.

>being this autistic
I dont brake for yellow.
Why are you tryna put blame on me for asshats not paying attention behind the wheel? I bet you use your phone when driving.

You are putting yourself in the line of fire by doing it but we should look at it the way insurance companies do, where a percentage of the blame is given to each party. In this instance the one slamming the brakes is to blame for erratic driving, however if the other party was at a safe distance like they should be, it wouldn't matter. I give it 40% to the stopped car and 60% to the car following as tailgating is ALWAYS wrong.

Suddenly I'm much more afraid to put my Corolla up for sale. The plan was to park it at the high school on a weekend, and sell it to some kiddie and their dad

wtf I don't want a 16 year old crashing my car on a test drive

I guess this is why boomers say "NO JOYRIDES WITHOUT CASH IN HAND"

>tfw miata is a bit of a liability now but can't sell it cause I don't trust anyone to take care of it like I do
Life would be easier if I didn't get so attached to my cars.

>moving the goalposts
This was about someone panic braking at a yellow light
also
>having such bad tunnel vision that you can't see the maniac to your right crossing 3 lanes in 1 second
Woman detected

>have black friend
>he loves BMW
>has an e34 540i 6spd
>tastefully modified
>bbs lm rims
>tinted brakelights
>magnaflow mufflers
>Dinan tune
>he meticulously cared for it
>Almost in pristine condition inside and out
>always garaged stored and babied
>He lists the car up for sale because he is buying an e34 M5
>asking 9.5k
>Some young kid comes along and buys it with daddy's money
>next my friend saw it he removed the BBS rims and replaced them with 22s, slammed it, and stupid amounts of camber.
>had a massive dent on the rear quarter

I've never seen him so upset. At least he has an M5 now. He hopes to turbo it.

I've been in 2 both in the same spot.

>3 lane road with one lane turning into a side road
>people speed down the 3rd lane and merge in at last second.
>First- car speeds to the very end of the lane merges right into my rear bumper t boning me down into the tree line.
>second - Car mergers directly infront of me and them slams the brakes. Luckily a cop was coming the other direction and saw it.

>e34 540i 6spd

Those are rare as balls where I live. Rarer than the M5

Not just his ancestors

>When someone else ruins your pride and joy.
Feels bad, man.

A buddy of mine had a MK4 Vauxhall Astra that he also nicely modified. Subtle boot spoiler, mesh grill, bigger Vauxhall alloys, slight front and rear bumper spoilers. Serviced and cleaned at regular intervals. He really liked it and I like that shape of Astra as well.

Selling for like a grand or something last winter and some young boy racer type bought it. We both saw it on the road couple of weeks ago. Aftermarket alloys from Halfords of all places, fat rear spoiler, tinted windows and those weird Altezza-style lights. Although, I did say he kept the mesh grille.

I think he's still broken up about it...

>mk4 astra
nothing of value was lost, unless it was the 2.0 turbo

My girlfriend had the same car fucking thing ate through the plastic gear that changes the transmission from park to drive. After that the timing belt snapes on the highway at 2 in the morning... total shit box... but still i feel bad for any shit box. That guy will end up accidently killing him self

get that teenage pussy for payment from the accident?

You have the parent test drive it because the kid is too retarded to know what to look for.

>"chargeable incident" which means that even if it was not your fault, if the incident had any charges, it can raise your rates
This is why everyone who works for car insurance companies needs to be gassed.

>try to sell my valiant
>price it realistically, i want 2500 ono
>it runs, its registered, its reliable and fun to drive
>it has a 265 hemi too AND a regal which sweetens the deal
>only $500 more than i payed for it
>literally 5 seperate wogs and dagos message me
>all of them want to strip it for parts for their cars
>all offer me various amounts of 2000 bucks less than what i asked
i mean, i shouldn't go full i know what i got, but fucks sake EVERY old guy wanted to strip it for parts, i have too much feelings attached to this car that i might die with it

I had the same issue recently. A bunch of 50 year old washouts showed up. Bald hair, cyclist sunglasses. THEY all tried to tell me my car was not worth what I had it for because:
>I KNOW WHAT U HAVE
Priced it reasonably..and still some of them tried to cut 2.5k out of the thing. I told the all to go fuck off and stop wasting my time. The last guy got the worst of it because I told him if hes so much of a shitbag that he has to insult a 20 year old selling a classic car to get it hes probably a failure in life and cant afford my decently priced care anyways. He looked astonished that I paid him 0 respect lmfao. Boomers pls go

never driven a suzuki, how do those things handle?

>I don't want a 16 year old crashing my car on a test drive
Before a test drive, you always ask for drivers license. If the person has no license, then they cannot drive your car. Then you ask for proof of insurance for driving any car at all. Insurance typically covers someone seeking to buy a new car and doing a test drive. If the kid doesn't have insurance, then his dad will do the test drive.

>The plan was to park it at the high school on a weekend, and sell it to some kiddie and their dad
Time to press a clay copy of the key or take a picture of the key during test drive. Only got the test drive so I could make a copy of the key. Don't buy the car. Owner leaves it at the school lot. Come back at night and everyone gets to hoon the car until it lands in the ditch. Go get pizza. Good times.

I've been in 1 minor accident that was partially my fault and didn't get reported in 8 years of owning and driving cars.
Only cost me 30 euros to settle.
Get good.

>mfw gave my first car away
i knew this feel well

Fucking boomer scum. How come most old people have no fucking self-awareness? Is it some sort of brain rot? You did good, user.

ausfag detected

You're a terrible person.

And a nigger, possibly.

/dat/ are talking about you mate better come in and fess up

That's not how car keys work

>timing belt snaps
That's your fault bro

>Automatically Drives itself into a truck and kills the driver
Kek

>Likes guys with boobs
Kys

The driver wasn't paying attention for 10 seconds. Tesla wasn't at fault.

Nah its not a lot of them. A bunch actually cruise with me on weekends and we chill at some cool pie place they introduced me too. Its totally cool and I enjoy conversing with them. SOME boomer tiers are just shit people, always looking for the buck and think they are the shit for some reason. The guys I cruise with are cool as shit and are always down to help me pull something off my car as I am with them.
>mfw I just realized I have a crew

>art student
haha, don't trust modern hipster libtard numale feminist cucks to have ANYTHING to do with a piece of machinery

>being a homosexual

>Halfords

oh god

>guys with boobs
Proof? More pics.

This is why I am afraid to sell my E30. The price range I would be listing it would be cheap enough for a college student and that e30 would be kill.

your post made me finally decide to get a dashcam. Shit like that happens all the time where I live and the cops usually do a pretty good job but they can't be everywhere.

Are you supposed to put a dash cam on the front and back both? I'm about to buy a car soon and I'm so paranoid about having something happen I want video to prove it wasn't my fault.

>lights turn yellow
>floor it just in time
>dude behind me floors it right through the red

Never sold a car. Scrapped a van that was more rust than steel. About to sell one that I have no real emotional connection to, while I restore my first ever.

My mom has one though
>her dad bought her a 71 Cutlass when she graduated
>she was living the dream of that era, being a teenager with a powerful V8 and blowing out the speakers with Def Leppard
>her dad was a mechanic and kept it running better than great despite her abuse
>she got in a couple accidents but paid to have the body fixed professionally so it was good as new
>eventually settled down with my dad and got a more responsible car
>gave the cutlass to her cousin as a graduation gift so he could have the same fun times
>he totaled it within two weeks

In the back of my mind I carry a resent for her because of this story. If she truly loved it she wouldn't have given it away, and in my opinion no car from that era is more deserving of love.

After replacing the struts, mounts, and endlinks it handled great. Prior to that there was a lot of body roll.

In four years of owning it I never once had an engine code and it always started right up even in -10 degree weather.

I feel the same way. I'm riding all my cars to the grave. If I can't ride her, no one else could. I know its a little selfish of my, but I'm just that attached to them.

Nah, if she didn't care about the car she would've just sold it instead of giving it away to someone in the family.

this so much.

feels great too cause you never have to worry about retail value. my cars are absolutely covered in dents and scratches, no fucks given the drivetrain is perfect.

and you dont waste money buying cars you dont need swapping dds over and over, instead you can just buy cars that fit a gap in your current lineup.

A lot of dashcam systems come with two actual cameras and the wiring to hook them up. You can get a decent one for $50 or $60, but I wouldn't be too paranoid. Once you get your car and get comfortable on the road, you'll realize that defensive driving can prevent most accidents.

Do you live in Wisconsin? There used to be literally one of those in the town I live in but I haven't seen it in a while.

>undercut
Is it irrational that I absolutely hate anyone with that look?

Iowa

>tfw had shitbox for 120,000 miles of glory
>when to college in it, picked up the girl I'd almost call wife in it
>so many close calls, so many long drives, summation of existance happened with that car
>she starts to die
>suspension is totally fucked... 1 of 2 motor mounts torn off... bearings squeek...
>173k miles... decide to sell it to some mexican so it can have one last drive and I can get more than scrap value for it.

>deal with typical craigslist BS
>indian guy (feather not dot) wants to buy it for his 17 year old daughter.
>meet up, start talking about the car inside and out, mention I am a civil engineer
>"wow-ie you must know A LOT about cars then, you sure loved this thing."
>go for test drive, I don't want him to notice the bearings scraping, so I keep talking
>blow away Listerine connoisseur with technical stuff
>turns out a lot of his bosses are civil engineers since he works for the state highway dept.
>"well she makes some noise, but I trust you, you're one sharp guy"
>1500 cash at the tag office
>signed over to him
>gives me one last ride to my house
>tfw never again will I be in this car
>watch him drive away, bearings scraping into the distance

>tfw she won't last another 3k miles
>tfw 1500 richer

>>watch him drive away, bearings scraping into the distance
lost it

>Driver of self driving car wasn't at fault