Will elon musk be the next the next henry ford?

will elon musk be the next the next henry ford?

what will the future of electric cars look like under a trump admin?

Other urls found in this thread:

tesla.com/de_AT/blog/tesla-repays-department-energy-loan-nine-years-early
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_station
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

*Record Stratch*

*Freeze Frame*

Yep, that's me in the corner. You're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Buckle up, it's a long story.

Lets go wayyyy back....

>will elon musk be the next henry ford
Yes, Elon is our Lord and Savior. We don't deserve him. Electric is the future.

Trump will make petrol even cheaper. Electric is dead and it was never alive because it's a meme technology only liberal arts majors fall for.

t. exxon mobile rep

let the free market decide, the way it should be. Teslas have a market because they actually look like normal cars, and don't pretend to look like anything other than a normal sedan, unlike most "green" cars of all kinds, which tend to all imply you like dildos up your ass and have a Bernie Sanders bumper sticker.

It also got it's start because Tesla received government investment and loans in it's early days. The free market prefers the status quo, and reacts too slowly to change.

henry ford actually cared about industry and his nation
musk just wants to steal tax dollars

>musk just wants to steal tax dollars
How so?

$5 billion in government subsidies
and they sell off about $200 million in 'zero emission vehicle credits' every quarter

>only tesla gets subsidiaries
this is how depserate ice fags are

tesla.com/de_AT/blog/tesla-repays-department-energy-loan-nine-years-early

You are now aware that Ford didn't get a high-profile bailout because they bailed themselves out with billions of federal dollars earmarked for EV and hybrid R&D.

well ford had a 6 billion bailout in the 2008 gfc... but that was needed to keep one of biggest manufacturers in north america alive
tesla just wants to ride the $4billion a day climate change industry wave

all that m,oney they still cant build a car that can out accelerate a gokart with a f150 engine

1/10th of all the subsides theyve received wow

Where did you get the 5 billion anyways? And all things considered, it was still a good investment because the US government created a company worth 40 billion now, and created a high tech manufacturer.

what's up with all the new shitty trips? I thought it couldn't get worse than Brosifine but here we are.

the only high tech shit in teslas are the battrey and they are designed and made by gooks lmao
my butthair trimmer has an electric motor, big whoop

Ford wasn't bailed out.

>putting half a ton of notebook batteries and a bunch of washing machine motors on four wheels is considered "high tech manufacturing"

And?

I wouldn't call technology from the 70's high tech.

in denial

>they bailed themselves out with billions of federal dollars earmarked for EV and hybrid R&D.

That was a loan from the US government, which they paid back. Ford also sold off their assets in Mazda to help reduce some of their losses.

>has to split hairs over "high tech" instead of addressing the real point of the jobs made and the value of the company itself
I wasn't aware that street viable cars have been around since the 70s.
>inb4 one offs or rarely sold examples with double digit ranges and 35 mph

Ford never received any money from the bailout fund. They took out a loan to use towards creating more fuel efficient vehicles, which they paid back.

>They took out a loan to use towards creating more fuel efficient vehicles, which they paid back.
Kinda like Tesla.

Electricity is cheaper and I'll take charging overnight than having to ever go to gas stations again.

So there we have it

Ford & Tesla will be the kings of North America autos in the future, as FCA slowly dies out and GM forever tries to compete with itself.

t redditor feels at home with namefag

Filtered SJW cuck.

>tfw no teeny wankel/turbine range extender for EVs

So you have no desire to go on a road trip ever again?

t. exxon mobile rep

gm btfo
>what is a supercharger

>What is still over an hour for a full charge

>this is what ice fags believe

>giving the 90 kWh Model S an additional 170 miles (270 km) of range in about 30 minutes charge and a full charge in around 75 minutes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_station
Thats what we believe because it's true

>not knowing elon is updating his superchargers to allow full charging in less than 30 minutes

Recharge rate of 10miles/minute vs 300miles/minute @ 30 mpg

>will elon musk be the next the next henry ford?
Only if Tesla keeps all its plants in the USA. Tesla signed a contract in June 2016 that it was going to build a car assembly factory in China with majority partner Jinquiao.

The purpose is to avoid the 25% additional tax the chinese government charges Tesla. In 2015 USA Tesla cars were estimated to incorporate up to 80% of the materials from Asia. Presumably, the future chinese-made Tesla would have a high parts count from China too.

After Tesla trains all those chinese workers, there probably will appear lots of copycat Tesla makers as has happened with so many other companies that partnered with chinese companies.

That's definitely a hologram

>Ford wasn't bailed out.
That is correct. Ford was not bailed out. It only made use of loans which it paid back with interest. So the taxpayers (government) actually made profit on both Ford and GM. In that sense, let there be more loans since they've been profitable.

>Electricity is cheaper and I'll take charging overnight
No road trips for you then. No charging stations.

The Tesla literature also said that results in shortened battery life to charge at the faster rate.

If we all stopped driving cars powered by gasoline, where would we get tires and asphalt to pave roads for electric cars to drive with?

Wouldn't tires and asphalt increase in price because of this?

Infrastructure taxes will be made. Or maintained roads will simply become fewer.

ICE makes jobs for people

Motors make robots make motors.

All the thermal inefficiencies and other maintenance for ICE is why it is one of the most important markets.

Similar to how if people stopped dying, it would be bad for GDP.

We either go to zero point type efficiencies or stick to easy hydrocarbons (not tar sands for example).

Tesla had a field driven carriage almost a hundred years ago.

>being so poor that you don't own multiple vehicles
>Tesla for DD and short trip (second vehicle for special purpose (cargo, off-road, play toy, etc.) and long range trips

I have two cars and a motorcycle now. I'd buy the fuck out of a Tesla for DD purposes.