/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Ancient, shrouded thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tXwxAgA7tak
youtu.be/WglvyYOKJpY
discord.gg/Jq6ZJBc
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

People still do the level 98 thing in this game? Lost all my builds when I had to get rid of my old PS4, and I'm starting up a new game right now.

PURGE FILTH

People will argue about the level until the sun goes out. You'll want a 98 or so (maximum 10 levels above should be relatively okay) if you're going for FCs, higher if you're doing co-op. That being said, start a Tomb Prospector cosplay, fitting the part for friendly spelunking.

I WIIL MARRY, LOVE AND HOLD HANDS WITH THE DOLL!

I planned to do that, but I forgot how to build characters in this. I know it's 50 of main combat stat, but I forgot about which starting class is good, what the HP stat should be at, etc etc.

>we se huge white pillars that "hold" the skye in the hunters dream
>in DaS the primal world has them too

L O R E

O

R

E

WE ARE BORN OF THE BLOOD

>You will never drag yourself back to the Dream to find the Doll waiting for you
>You will never walk in on the Doll trying on all the different attire you've accumulated and stored
>You will never find the Doll cleaning all the blood off your weapons and trying to repair them
>You will never watch the Doll try to talk with the Messengers

Show of hands, who subscribes to the "doll is a fucktoy" theory?

>raises hand

40-50 hp is good for pvp
20-25 in a secondary stat is optional

she has as much charisma as the blue haired girl from evangelion that doest says anything but is a sex idol aparently, whats up with you guys and submisive girls ?

Yes, though so shitters over level to 117 so they can have an unfair advantage in the FCs.

In Ash Lake they were basically a stand in for the roots of Yggdrasil.

You mean the one in the abandoned workshop? I can dig it.

>she dresses as maria
>sweating intensifies

I found this buried away on my PC, alongside what appears to be a Logarius Wheel setup and a Kos Parasite Setup. Should be good enough I suppose.

TAKE THAT BACK!
REI IS A PIECE OF SHIT!

"Every Great One loses its child, and then yearns for a surrogate. The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream." - Abandoned Workshop
Lets go over the Great Ones and their dead babies
>Odeon -Mergo/Arianna/Iowaska's baby
>Ebrietas - Rom (who isn't truly a great one because no child)
>Kos - Orphan
>Moon Prescence - The doll(?)
>Amygdala - ?
>Emissary - ?

Wet Nurse is the last one and here's my retarded theory. She's actually the child of one of either Amy or the Emissary who seem to want to help out the church (Emissary for obvious reasons, Amy for more obscure reasons) who was created in order to help the church commune with the gods, she dies so it fits right?

Demon's Souls takes place betweem Dark Souls universe and Bloodborne universe.

The nightmares were created in the first place because the Old One, the first great one, dreamed them into existence a la Azathoth. By lulling him into sleep at the end of Demon's Souls magic was lost and the dreamlands were allowed to keep existing (this is where the "Nightmares" and "Dreams" got their name from). We also see evidence of the Old One's fog being able to create physical realities out of thoughts in Shrine of Storms.

Then we get to Bloodborne. We see the evience in Father Gascoine, who came fron a foreign land and mentions the "Umbas word, he probably came from Boletaria.

It is here that Chester is somehow pulled into the past into Dark Souls 1.

Aldrich saw all of this coming and could have potentially avoided the age of great ones or age of Deep Sea or become a Great One himself but we kill him in Dark Soul 3.

Sharing is caring.

both are quiet and only speak of lore ramblings, also they may or may not fuck you over in the end

>we are born of the meme makes it in the game
>instead of "the blood makes us human, the blood makes us more than human, the ood makes us human no more, I urge to to fear the old blood as you proceed" which was closer to the japanese and made more sense/was clearer

Why tho

>Contrary to most advice, do not go for the face

>nose bop him

Okay, when I get to old yarhnam. I have to skip everything and go straight to the boss. Kill it, then go back to kill amelia. This opens up the old workshop where I can go get killed by the snatcher to get to the gaol. Beat the boss there and work my way back to old yarhnam through the boss lamp and it finally lets me talk to djura without actually aggroing him? CORRECT?

Just because all great one lose their child doesn't mean all in game old ones are currently trying to have one

APOLOGISE

As I interpret it, Gehrman and Maria had a thing for each other but never went anywhere with it. After Maria stopped hunting, Gehrman made the doll as a sex toy to alleviate his frustrations, and when he was placed into the dream, the doll came with him, now animated with the personality of his masturbatory fantasies.

>You are free to use anything you like
>Even the doll, should it please you

The Doll actually cares about us, and is capable of a larger range of emotions than Rei (not much of an accomplishment). It's only implied that the Doll was used for sex, but her nature seems to be more of a nurturer and mother than that of a lover. The love she mentions does not guarantee a sexual love, it could be a more paternal love.

>one of the is Lucifer's advice

You know you're supposed to ignore those

wait thats that the jap text said ? thats miles more clear, gotta leave some ambiguity somewhere i guess

Always do the opposite of what Luci says.

Would you a Iosefka?

They have a lot of things like that. For instance, the Old Hunter's Bone uses a gender-neutral term instead of "he" being a student of Gehrman

>inb4 you're using Maria's remains to quicken.

That leg guy's advice is shit. Ignore it. The leg method might be faster, but it is also riskier and forces you to deal with the shitty hit boxes. If you are struggling with the Hotdog then that is exactly what you are having trouble with. The nose bop strategy, on the other hand, is almost entirely safe.

youtu.be/tXwxAgA7tak

Don't kill yourself today.

Oh man, you gonna love this youtu.be/WglvyYOKJpY

Got the brussel sprout form, is it any good? it feels like its fun as fuck. Should I upgrade the parasite to make it work?

We have a discord. Maybe to use as a platform for announcing events.
discord.gg/Jq6ZJBc
Join it or don't.

>droplet gems fom the frenzy lanters are cursed
>droplet from the doll in the dream is clean, but has no value, according to the description
>you can only obtain droplets from them
>exept the one of gas can wife

>using Maria's hunter bone to quicken my hunter boner

It's pretty annoying to set up but if you go pure arcane its fucking awesome. I have 40vit/70arc with everything else at base and I'm having a blast fucking shit up with hunter tools and my 900 damage parasite that has stupid range and a special attack that hits for 2000

thanks i have been meaning to ask the link for a while now

Not exactly.
1. Don't kill Djura. Doesn't matter if he shoots at you or if you kill beasts or the hunter on the way, just don't kill Djura.
2. Kill Blood Starved Beast. After you do so snatchers will appear and the door at the Cathedral Ward will open.
3. Go to the Gaol. Get killed by a snatcher, there's one right outside the Ward so just look for it and die.
4. Meet Paarl. Doesn't matter if you kill him or not, just receive the insight by looking at his health bar and that's enough.
5. Talk to Djura. Either from Paarl's or BSB's lamp go to his tower. Some say that you can't kill any beasts on the way but I've done so and still could talk to him, just make sure he doesn't see/shoot at you before being at the top of the tower.

is the L2 and the dash r1 the only good things about it ? i use the parasite without the ruse to meme sometimes, they think they are in for a normal fistfight then bam!

Shit mane, that sounds pretty awesome
This is my first character, which I use in these games to try everything and disregard level. So I'll give it a try.

Gasoline's wife had it inside a what if Gascan was a hunter of the dream and killed a few winter laners then put a droplet gem inside a pendant for his wife?

In my experience, whenever I injure a beast along the way, he'll go straight to fighting. I would kill Paarl and sprint to the tower, not stopping for anything.

Started a new character
Who wants to help a negro out?
Been ages since I have played gunna get to furry pope then il start ringing for help

I got it for fucking free and still feel I wasted money. It was fine up until Iron Keep and Shaded Woods. Chariot was shit but manageable, but Iron Keep's knights are fucking Red Spider tier since they aggro from across the fucking map and Shaded Woods has literal invisible enemies and more cheap ambushes than anywhere else so far.

I was burnt out on Bloodborne, but fucking hell playing this mess is really rekindling that fire huehuehue. Wouldn't be so bad if I could just co-op through some areas, but I have seen a grand total of three actual human summon signs so far and have been invaded by humans twice. No one plays it.

Anyone calling Bloodborne dead is deluded, it's way more alive than DaS2.

A Iosefka would me.

he could not have dreams, as he turned into a beast, and the dreams/messengers protect you from it

>Chariot was shit but manageable
That was one of the few fights I liked in DaS2.

>furry pope
I'm accepting this as Gascoigne's new name.

>and the dreams/messengers protect you from it

Only while you're under moon presence's contract as far as we know

Nah was talking about the negro on the bridge

Furthermore, Gascoine was a church hunter, not one of Gehrman's. That also reinforces my notion last thread about blood gems being a pre-Dream discovery.

It has the heaviest stun of any weapon, it does poison on a few attacks and has a couple attacks with projectiles, The running r2 multi-hits for around 1000, a lot of it's attacks are multihit, a couple of the attacks have literally bullshit range like the charged and tricked r2 .

The only real drawback is that it's so fucking slow so you're pretty much always punishing, which is why everyone mentions the dash r1s

It wasn't so bad once you got the fight itself, the run to the lever was a nice gimmick, but the boss run was pretty shit. I think that made a little more frustrating each time going through those five dark damage guys.

i got platinium mad after finding out the pharos door was a dead end area and was onlly for "pvp" as in " people enjoying getting pitted agais rape elephants and rats out of fun", i send like 2 hours grinding lockstones from the rats thinking there was a treasure SOMEWHERE, but its just a ded area in a ded game

>going through game to get platinum trophy
>power cuts out
>load up ps4 quick again
>save corrupted
>attempt to recreate it
>New Game?

aaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>furry pope
isn't that Amelia?

Wait, I thought that was Amelia?

As far as we know, the Dream is inseparable from the Moon Presence, so any dream hunter would be immune.

I see a lot of people say that but in all of my runs I killed the two werewolves and the three patients near Paarl's and always could talk to him. Maybe I'm the weird one.

just made a fresh new FRC Ihyll
anyone want to go spelunking?

glyph: dbgdc54g
password: bbgfun

It might just be you, then. I remember in an old NG+ run, I attacked a beast patient on the way there, and he came out swinging.

i think rom may be a child of ebrietas, which would explain why she mourns her

I am talking about the run. Everything before the boss fog was just tedious.

why do you say that ? what hunter that had dreams( protected MP by default) went beast mode ?
holy shit this, im the one that mentioned the feelings in the other thread, i know that if im patient and kill the mages and the skeletons and leave the lever for last the fight is not as bad, but the run from those fags is the worst, i find out with the that there is a frame in the "entering the fog" animation where you can be killed

The nights brims with defiled scum,
and is permeated by their rotten stench! Just think, now you're all set to hunt and kill
to your heart's content!

Gascan no longer dreams, we can summon him with the Old Hunters Bell.

wait you can run with the L2 ? nice

do you lose the stats on the head and arms gear with the milk rune ?

>Gascoine was a church hunter

Only he initially wasn't even part of the church and he left them eventually. There's no indication church hunters can't be beckoned to the dream.

I mean, Moon Prescece was guiding Ludwig through the Holy Moonlight sword, so MP has clearly no qualms about using church hunters.

i would do anything under that fags guidance, everything he said sounded so inspirational

>what hunter that had dreams( protected MP by default) went beast mode?

Eileen was beggining to show signs of scourge madness and bloodlust if you don't follow her questline properly, also this:

No the l2 is always a stationary thing that takes like 2 seconds but the sprint into R2 is kind of a double armed hug that hits for like 100 then 200 then 700 damage. You kind of have to sprint right for their center while locked on so it's hard to time right to land all of it but accursed brew into the sprint r2 kills almost anything

oh right, the bad end of her quest, my bad then

l

I guess the big question here is exactly how all-encompassing being sustained by the dream is. He does, however, specifically mention beasts having overrun the workshop, which clearly isn't the dream workshop.

>Looks up some text

Okay, the bell does specifically state that it draws hunters who have left the dream, and the easy ending involves forgetting the dream, so he could have worked in both workshops.

>tfw finally not a manlet in ayy lmao form
I can finally stand before the doll.

We already had one and have since March.

my genocide crusade begins... here

Luci is right this time though
>t. not luci

was hatred really that shit ? i see no discussions on it

If I'm remembering right, it's not that it was shit, it's that it was just okay. Just okay and comically edgy.

Does it take long to find lost/ uncanny versions of non dlc weapons without online?

There's a bath messenger in one of the lorans that has them

BL4 without using guns is probably the most satisfying run I've ever done.

It's random so no way to tell.

>non dlc weapons

It was Old Discord was overrune some beastly idiots who use it as a group chat to talk about school.

I recently started a challenge run where my controller is a fightstick. I have a newfound appreciation for having free access to my camera.

It's better as of recent

I think that happened like once.

for a str/arc build
do i want uncanny or lost or regular MLGS?

Read the OP.

Anyone have the Iosefka face sliders? I can't seem to find the original one anymore.

fuck the OP, it has some really useful stuff in it but it is organized and categorized so incredibly poorly.

try this
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html

is that the voice of amygdala you hear when you are transported to the hunter's nightmare? Who says:
>Curse the fiends, their children too.
>And their children, forever true.

It's Kos. End of story.