/ovg/ - 24 hours of Daytona Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help (link currently dead,RBDK pls fix) :
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?iwo0ls9brfbgmbx
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=165752712
wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wait wtf

Is that this weekend?

Second for delayed starts.

Yes, that's the reason why we moved the GT3 race one week back

>being this slow

>not being with the elite at daytona rn

no next weekend

FUCK

I CANT MISS IT

Sorry mane

Im too caught up with school and shit

>not doing homework while watching the race

Is there gonna be a stream set up?

IMSA usually has a full stream for free

Excellent what time are they starting. I'm assuming this kicks off on Saturday

Im not sure. I think 10am for me (PST) Idk about you

What was that arcade racing game with retro graphics and a ton of characters? There were guns and power ups and shit too. It had a classic Porsche as one of the cars. It was set to come out this year I think

Racing Apex?

Yes!
Thank you!

What time does DAYYYYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA start tomorrow?

1430 ET/1930 UTC

Cool, thanks.

SHORT LAYOUT

Colour me intrigued.

>autodesk
I know that life senpai

Attached is the setup for Trois Riviers that Pastor Maldonaldo (Guzzah?) requested.

mediafire.com/?iwo0ls9brfbgmbx

Will lurk the thread and take questions about anything sim racing/real racing for the next 30 minutes or so.

Fuck me, forgot my super secret trip code.

maaaaaate this setup is BLOOMIN' GREAT®

Are you still doing oval racing? Or did you increase your racing plate?

Driving two different oval cars this year. All of my racing has been paid for. Haul ass with no prior experience aside from >vidya and people will take notice very quickly.

Sounds fun, what cars?

rally championship 2000 review when

>mfw when i go every year
>mfw when i sneak into the ferrari club and act like i belong there

so who is ready for the Ford GT to get ass blasted by two corvettes again?

Still doing shitbox whenever I can because it's fun and there's a good group of regular drivers at my local track. Other car is the complete opposite end of the short track spectrum, but I have to fly out to all the races.

They blew all their money on graphics. It's not a very good game. Maybe I'll surprise you with it as a novelty in the future.

I'm rooting for the BMWs desu
>have to fly to the races
PRO
RACER

Flying out to more than just races. Have to do a photoshoot very soon so that's it's own mini-vacation.

I have no idea what in the fuck I did to deserve the life I'm currently living.

>even a photo shoot
GT3's soon my boy. Clearly the racing gods feel you have done enough suffering in life that now you can shine I guess

Power-to-weight ratio is the same as a GT3 car so you're sort of close.

Put a wing on it and call it a day I guess. Hope the outcome is fun regardless of track position. Also don't blow your car's engine like I did

I blew two engines in Hornets. The second one lost me the championship. It's nothing you can control in shitbox racing considering the engines are built to get you to the grocery store, not long-term performance driving. Plus, if you've got a group around you who don't give a fuck about doing repairs so long as you pay for the parts, it's a non-issue you shouldn't beat yourself up over. Cars cost money, and sometimes they explode. It's part of the game.

Pic related. Passed the leader, blew up five laps later. That was engine #1.

What I beat myself up over was joining the team I did but live and learn I guess. Many issues went into the engine blowing like one the owner decided hey let's take a drive shaft from a completely different model of car and use that. Was fun though had to drive off into the grass car full of smoke and couldn't breath. Will you be using that same car or get a whole new one for your local races?

Thought I clicked on /ovg/ but I guess I joined tripblog general instead

is he sperging out again?

So how good is Automation?

You'd be genuinely surprised at how many local racers have no idea what they're doing. Real world racing is very much like sim racing in that aspect. Hate to use a shitty example, but you wouldn't use a setup built by Leoda in OVGT3, for example. These people are a bit harder to spot IRL because everyone can at least built a car and talk as if they know their shit.

I was lucky to get on-board with a guy who won the championship in 2015 and built cars together with his friend as a hobby.

I won't be making a run at the shitbox championship so I'll be running my car owner's sunfire that he raced in 2016 whenever I'm home for the weekend. The #2 cavalier is sitting in pieces at the pick & pull. Drove it too hard and econoboxes wear out pretty quick at that pace.

Tripblogging aside, it's pretty neat that a couple of Veeky Forums nerds playing pirated copies of rFactor for lolz got into amateur racing.

you do realize that if you go anywhere in racing above driving hondas at some dinky canadian oval, everyone who hates your blog will be out for your head?

Yeah guess that's a good way to look at it. Poor little car.

The autistic comments on PRC are funny more than anything. It'll just be more of the same. And when Brodie started running in the K&N series for a bit, a lot of the guys that shit talked him on the forums came out to the races and were otherwise normal dudes that were happy he made it.

I'm more worried about old high school buddies/women/former coworkers showing up and acting like they can just tag along for whatever. It's already started to some extent and that's before we've even announced anything. All I've really done so far is let my inner circle know and change around my social media a bit.

James give me your ride, I'm pretty sure I technically beat you in a video game at least once so I'm basically Jimmie Johnson.

This isn't actually a terrible attitude to have.

The problem comes with iRacing kids who straight up demand an ARCA ride.

Go out and pay your own way to race some shitty class, and make it known to everybody on the property that you have no idea what the fuck you're doing aside from >I play vidya lel. Establish yourself as a guy that has the potential to win every weekend despite never driving a race car before in his life, and you'll have offers.

So it's basically the Ruf when it was good except it doesn't flip over all the goddamn time and the brakes are touchy as fuck.

Not sure I'd call it easy to drive because you have to be loose as -fuck- to go fast and it's easy to lock the rears.

strangely homoerotic

No /ovg/ races at all this weekend because of DAYYYYTONAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, right?

There's WTCC

So no /ovg/ races then

It's WAT:WTCC not SJ's VTCC

At the risk of embarrassing myself.... How do I make tracks for rfactor?

Anyone have a good introduction for retards?

xD good post my man

Maya/3d studio max/blender

Theres a very good tutorial about it (using Maya) on youtube, just search for "Maya rFactor 2". Its split in several parts

>elite
Sure thing bud

I'm kinda sad for the WEC cars being spec. DPi is the prototype to watch, IMHO.

how long until the daytona 24?

2pm ET

Anyone remember this?

I used to play it for hours as a kid. I remember when XP came out and it didn't work on it, I reinstalled Win 98 just to play it.

i do. i was just a kid then, i always thought there is some kind of car driving mode in it, just hidden in some very clever way

street legal racing that i found years later was a godsend

Qualifying is on right now

only nu-males played with mechanic video games, real men played with actual bits

That's a weird way to say 2 days ago

>caring about p2 in the first place

will you play with my bits, daddy?

daddy had the biggest wrench

WTCC will start qualifying at 21:00 GMT and it's on oulton park. I don't know if SJ will run VTCC. The daytona 24 starts at 19:30 GMT, so you will not miss all the shuffling and battles in the start until they spread out.

The info's on the doc: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=165752712

P.S.: To anyone who wants to participatte.I wouldn't advise you to run the RWD cars. They don't cope when with the crest climb.

P1 is dying.
GTE is sandbagging BoP fest.

WEC P2 has Tracy Krohn and the DPi class has variety.

>>>>/ogc/

Contemplating getting Assetto Corsa or Project Cars. The first and only game I have is Dirt Rally, and as fun as it is, I'm getting tired of running the same stages over and over. I'm not really that interested in circuit or track racing, but I'd be willing to give it a try if it will be a breath of fresh air.

wat-ovg.liveracers.info/Live/?server=WAT: WTCC

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?

If you get PCarsbuy the GOTY version

If you dig well enough, you can find some good cars and tracks for AC. I would only get pCars on a big sale with all the DLC.

Lads anyone seen the lates grand tour?
There is no way benteyga is faster than x5m!?

If you wanna race with us, get AC. Besides, pCars2 is currently in development and in early testing, so waiting for that instead of buying pCars would probably be the smarter move

Yes, and I was mildly upset when they reached the Norisring and then went in a stupid quarry to race despite the fact they had a perfectly good race track.

PCars is simcade with only one redeeming quality, which is nice graphics. ACorsa is proper sim (except lack of simulation value), and there is a lot of mod content like RX stages or even full rally ones. That being said, it's stupid to get AC for rally. Tarmac physics is only thing done right there, so closest thing to rally you can do well in AC is nurburgring.

Just get RBR and mod it. It's abandonware now, so it's free.

Anyone with a G27 got any tips on how to heel toe with the pedals? I can't seem to get my feet in the right position, the throttle is too far away.

i've been to that church where they were revving the nuts off that 911

There's a huge gap between the brake and throttle, that looks uncomfortable to toe-heel in.

Just get a hex key and unscrew the face of the brake pedal and screw it back in to the right-most hole. Easy.

You can move the plates. Each plate has 3 spots to screw them in. Unscrew the plates and reposition them to your taste

Yeah its a big gap. I'm so used to my car irl where the pedals are practically touching each other they're so close. I'm able to just roll on the ball of my foot to blip the throttle

does anyone have a link for the race today, I cant figure out imsa's site

yeah I figured that out but where do you go from there? has the stream not started yet or something?

The race starts in 3 fucking hours

huh...I thought it started at 1030 est, my mistake

only a furfag could be this stupid

Did someone have a non-paid link for IndyCars mod for Assetto Corsa?

it's trash.

dont have any Classic indy mods?

Downloading everything now, ill join you guys tonight

V1.2 or the updated V1.25?

1.25, it's an update so you need to dl 1.2 too