/srg/ - Speedrunning general

hello

agdq is over thank god

Other urls found in this thread:

synchtu
reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5o3o9b/the_story_about_how_almost_an_entire_speedrun/
twitter.com/Stryder7x/status/820732497982013440
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tfw no speed bf

unofficial community (1 man) bonus stream:

synchtu dot be/r/agdqbonus

A few hours left in the originally 24 hour playlist.

Is NBA Street Vol. 2 a good speed game?

any game is a good game if you love it and don't mind playing it over and over

out of bloodbourne, dark souls 3, some bethesda game, a ps2 run that works on emultator, or a game that literally nobody plays so I can be the best; what is more fun to run

>dark souls 3
then if your runs are garbage leddit will whiteknight for you

Any webums of the WW runner calling Narcisso Cosmo?

run glover

Reminder to speedrun.

>implying I would run at CuckholdryDoneQuick

Hello!!! I'm new to the speedrun community!!
Let's kick cancer butt together!!!!
which game should I play?????

The VODs are on twitch/youtube, so make it?

Run TimeSplitters 2 Hard Mode

The beanie guy in the super metroid race was great, why are all these pussies so offended by him?

Any time you tell normies that what they're doing is stupid, they all gang up on you and ostracize you. It's the reason why a democracy is a bad idea

Which version, PS1 or N64?

what is that??????

so who all won the free hotel prizes at agdq this year? kind of nice to see the hotel helping out a couple attendees. they helped people more than GDQs helped the runners.

Is Pimp My Ride a good speed game?

PC for free BKT

So what actually ended up happening to Linkus.

Surely they didn't actually ban the guy.

You fucking idiot, why didn't you respond sooner? I already went and bought the N64 version, asshole.

the hotel doesn't help them you mong, it's GDQ footing the bill for their attendees

The current popular run is HRT any %

How do we promote NASA?
What's the largest view count it's had?

Underrated

thank tyrion

Thank Tyrion

got bussed

Waluigi is going to stick with Cfb forever.

will we ever see worcestershire at a marathon again?

what does /srg/ think of immersedcimp?

probably: literally who

he streams like 16 hours a day everyday. idk how he does it

Is cfb eternally OUR GUY after last night?

more like immersedchimp

german engineering

Will /srg/ last until SGDQ?

Bubbles makes a fool out of himself running a game that he's only pretending to be good at, and when the DS speed community calls him out on it, they're being witchhunted as evil bullies, some runners even having their stream banned for hosting and mocking him.

Speedrunning has just gotten too big and entwined with popular social media. You shouldn't have to play politics to call a bad run bad, or to point out a runner entered an event under false pretenses and doesn't know what he's doing.

Fuck this community, I'm done with it. It's like a bunch of goddamn highschoolers stirring drama, the communal love for the hobby is buried under miles of reciprocal handjobs. Maybe I'll go full hermit mode and just do runs in solitude. Maybe I should just quit this shit entirely, I keep getting more frustrated by what it's becoming.
Fuck it.

>Miltent, the guy who just got the Dark Souls 2 All Bosses speedrun WR does a stream where he makes fun of Bubbles del fuego for having a shitty run at AGDQ
>Its brutal and relentless but one of the fucking funniest things I've seen on twitch
>Tons of other runners are there and participating
>Miltent gets BANNED from TWITCH for bullying

Fuck Twitch man. Fuck AGDQ.

Bubbles also alienated everyone in the speedsouls community so the Bubbles bashing was inevitable in the community. Reddit's witchhunting blew it up without any context and made it like every Souls runner and community member hates each other, which is simply not true.
Some jokes went a little too far, sure. But get Miltent banned a couple of days before his sub button comes through for making fun of a bad run is ridiculous. Reddit is acting quite smug right now thinking they've done a great justice, but they've just escalated some jokes into a whole drama scene that won't die out for a while now.

If Reddit never got involved, the "bullying" in the souls community would be reduced to just "hey the run was pretty bad, but it was expected since Bubbles doesn't know what he's doing. oh well funny to watch."

>publicly shaming someone to an extreme is alright if it's funny
I personally dont really care, but you can't get mad at twitch, it's not like it was just a single joke, the whole stream was dedicated to making a shitter feel even more shit

That was seriously one of the funniest things I've seen.

Bubbles Deserves the criticism. The souls community is largely shitty and cancerous, and the top guys (Distortion2 especially) are fucking faggots for sure, but bubbles is definitely an outsider.

Claiming he "routed" a route that got used for probably a week that others were working on in tandem is a fucking joke.

Having a run thats nearly double the record is a fucking joke.

Having a back up file called "Kill yourself" is NOT worthy of criticism?

His only save was telling everyone he had cancer, which is a fucking free pass.

I would just speed run in secret. Fuck streaming too. Its nothing but cancer.

Why the fuck do you care what someone outside of your speedgame community thinks?

BE MY BESTIE

Always and forever

Can't wait for the biopic

back to l e d d i t you thin-skinned faggot

>I would just speed run in secret. Fuck streaming too. Its nothing but cancer.
this

Because their dumb reddit drama gets people I like fucking banned.

>I personally don't care
>thin-skinned faggot
go back to 9gag moron

siglemiqt makes my heart go doki doki

Who is on the figurative Mount Rushmore of agdq. I say Werster, cosmo, trihex, and someone, I can't think of the perfect 4th

So which general is more autistic, this one or the starcraft one?

Is starcraft even a game anymore lol

Siglemic

x-com ufo defense

above it all

What was the best run now that the dust is settling? I want something comfy and fun to watch

I fully realize I may just have to go back to 2012/2013 but there's gotta be something good this year

Starcraft

They just talk about gooks

It's worse than Kpop general

No. Brood War is though. Lmao

Shit no I remember now it's spike vegeta

faggot

Its not worth watching any of it.

What are some really dank speed games out there that more people need to know about??

There's this thing

did /v/ leave yet?

it's ded, so yes

When will GDQ be great again?

Mike Uyama surely needs to die or move on, or possibly go to jail. PCF needs to be shut down, and it needs to be rebuilt by people who are honest and not corporate.

reddit.com/r/speedrun/comments/5o3o9b/the_story_about_how_almost_an_entire_speedrun/

L M A O

make own speedrunning marathon desu

am involved in this shit AMA

Well the marathon is over. What a lot of great runs! Some nasty drama but people are buttwholes glad they are banned. Well I'm going to catch up on rspeedrungaming so many new threads since last night.

Hi guys, I'm up for the morning. Took a look at last thread, started thinking a bit harder about things other than "lol fuck yeah let's do it."

Here's the idea so far:
- Events happen on the trimester. (every four months)
- Event is (at first) 12 hours long - 3pm to 3 am, Friday/Saturday.
- Every runner receives $20 just for showing up and taking their time. It's not a lot, but it's something. Speedrunners of all skill and renown will be welcome, but will be paid the same amount.
- Links to donate directly to the streamers will be provided right in the stream info, as will another link to donate directly to the stream
- Still looking into the charity angle. Would be a good way to gain legitimacy, but may detract from the overall idea
- Stream will be hosted at a house (most likely mine) in order to keep costs low at first, and build it up over time

I am open to all suggestions and criticisms.

whens ds1 dist

I came up with teardrop JKanStyle at least that's the claim JKanStyle shame I didn't bother JKanStyle to learn the rest of the game JKanStyle

im proud of u!

how about you stop being a populist tripping RETARD that will never get anything done and is just using valid criticism to the gdq events to get some attention to himself

/srg/ group photo

Does anyone have a copy of that apology letter chibi put on pastebin last year?

i need suomi in my life

wally is such a fucking faggot

Reminder that Sigemic BLEACHED her

Shut the fuck up, Wally

:3c

Can't I help people AND satiate my ego?

no???

if you are just going to give 20 bucks dont pay them at all.

you can't do charity and have people donate to either event or streamer, would thin out what each thing receives.

Have runners who attend pick a charity, and have everything earned during their run go to their charity of choice.
Keeping it small (5-10 runners) for the the first few events shouldn't be too expensive and if popularity grows you can look for sponsors to help fund larger events.

I know you want to pay runners, but I really don't think it would work out very well. having food at your house would be good enough. The even (I feel) should be about the runners just having a good time and showing off their skills with the charity aspect there to make it special.

these are of course just suggestions

I wonder what kinky diaper stuff they did together

no furries

>get paid just to be an asian woman and do nothing else

truly the easy mode of life

No diaper posting

the event needs to last at least one weekend so people can justify even traveling to it.

once it grows you should focus on making money through tickets. treat it like a convention. charge ticket prices, charge for vendor space, charge for special shit etc. you wont have to even think about that for a long time though so just focus on how to subsidize the costs early on. the main way is by splitting costs with everyone. any money made early on should 100% be put back towards decent equipment for the next event. don't overspend on shit like GDQs did, but don't run some terrible set up like NASA did.

another way to help pay for the event is you could treat the event like some patreon shit where viewers could donate and get rewards based on how much they donate. $25 get a poster, $50 get a shirt, $100 get a signed game or something.

main point is, you can't pay runners until you start generating revenue. you wont generate revenue until you get popular. so in the short time just focus on making the event fun.

IT'S SPREADING

twitter.com/Stryder7x/status/820732497982013440

spoonfeed a newbab like me a run-down of all the speeddrama that happened at agdq

cfb dropkicked the audience through a table for being autistic idiots
apparently the audience wasnt allowed to be autistic idiots for super metroid so it was boring
idk i didnt watch the fucking thing im not a fucking lamo loser lamao i just heard about this stuff but yakno hahahaha pretty funny stuff hahahahaha look on reddit theyre crying about it still haahahaahahhahahahahahaha "that wasnt appropriate"" ahahahahaaha stupid fucken babies retards

That's a great idea. I'm definitely trying to ensure that the runs are at most ~1hr long each, aiming for about 20-30 minutes a game.

no, it's going to be all furries

I don't think a weekend event would be a good idea. I live in California, it's a highly populated area, and we'd easily get enough runners for a 12 hour event at first. Gauge interest, see if it should be cancelled or expand. It's worth a shot.

>submit game you don't run
>gets accepted
>don't practice until a few days before agdq
>lie about finding glitches and routing the game
>fuck it up horribly
>get made fun of

wow the souls community is fucking horrible!!!!!!

forgot
>announce that you have kicked cancers butt twice for sympathy and attention

>t. impenetrable criticism shield

>furries
DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D