/shmupg/ - shoot 'em up general

Tiddy Edition

This general is for discussing all shmups/stgs (shoot 'em ups/shooting type games).

Previous thread: (Cross-thread)

Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s

Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

>RECENT RELEASES:

Caladrius Blaze
store.steampowered.com/app/386770/

DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu
store.steampowered.com/app/464450/

Mecha Ritz Steel Rondo
store.steampowered.com/app/463070

RefRain
store.steampowered.com/app/435970/

Shmups Skill Test
store.steampowered.com/app/430290/

WITCH-BOT MEGLILO:
store.steampowered.com/app/437020/

Blue Revolver
store.steampowered.com/app/439490/

>UPCOMING RELEASES:

Xydonia
indiedb.com/games/xydonia

iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/

Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194

Other links
STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch
twitch
prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000666.000001290.html
8ch_net/v/res/11717681.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_KINiDMQsJU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no shitposting allowed.jpg
it's not shitposting it's funposting!

>spend 1 hour on ketsui trying to get ura loop requirements with savestates
>kill final boss without bombing once and have 138 mil in the end
>dont get into ura loop

also that fucking huge ship at the beginning of stage 5 is total complete bullshit since it has so much hp and the enemies shooting from left combined with its screenwide pattern make it almost impossible to kill without bombing

gibsmedat stgweekly

"stg" "weekly"

Are versus shmups like Senko no Ronde, Acceleration of Suguri, Virtual On and Gundam EX VS shmups?
Does anyone here play these games if so?

>Are versus shmups like Senko no Ronde, Acceleration of Suguri, Virtual On and Gundam EX VS shmups?
Yes.

>Does anyone here play these games if so?
PoDD is best versushmup.

>tfw can't beat Raymoo on Lunatic

>Gundam EXVS
>shmup
I, uh, what? I mean I ply the exvs games but what would make you think they are shmups?

waiting warmly for Fruitbat Factory to release the Steam version of Acceleration of Suguri 2 with improved netcode, lobby support and more

Otherwise I just play Twinkle Star Sprites for versus

>that fucking huge ship at the beginning of stage 5

It's easy just misdirect the bullets

8ch net/v/res/11717681.html

help bump this thread

Hah, that's like the stupidest thing I've ever hear-
>Follett

watching the STG weekly episode on DFK and I wanna strangle cream.

Glad '''she''' gave up on shooting games.

It's possible that she's back, considering that she watched and wrote in chat on today's STGWeekly episode.

Guys im prepping strikers 1945 plus 1cc grinding in the next period and I was wondering if there is any traps around picking up specific difficulty level or region?
Asking because I am noticing if i set it to level 1 the game goes harder on me than when I set it on level 8 US region and I cant seem to find any info on it.

>was wondering if there is any traps around
kamui was streaming

50% of shmup players should be womyn tbqh

the patriarchy controls all the best scores

twitch tv/gunnerstg

mushi maniac

she kept talking about how hot trap15 is, aquas and co just ignored her. it was awkward.

>trap
>hot

nigga is a skeleton, surprised his arms don't snap in half picking up a jamma board

i guess she has different taste in men than you user

That's been a meme since forever.

Indeed.

New discord when

I don't see any breasts there.

Denial is a terrible thing, child.

I FINALLY BEAT HIBACHI!!! Had to use a couple continues because fuck the last phase but I finally did a 2-ALL of DoDonPachi!

>Had to use a couple continues
>2-ALL
user, I have some bad news...

B-Breasts? Look, breasts?!

>but I finally did a 2-ALL of DoDonPachi!
>Had to use a couple continues
Sit down, user. We've got something to tell you which you should know.

Whatever. I beat the damn game and that's all I care about.

Fucking loser

The question marks are fairly telling, dontcha' think~

Stupid moo cow...

A 3cc is still pretty good for clearing both loops, though.

>using continues
>beating the game

I gice up trying to make a shmup. A shmup without homing lasers is no real shmup, and I just can't figure out how to do them decently.

>A shmup without homing lasers is no real shmup
CCWI is not a real shmup

stupid plank of wood

Blagh, I've been playing Deathsmiles for over 5 years now and I still can't even clear Canyon consistently, letalone Death Mode Hades Castle after it. At this rate, I'll never be good enough for Casper!

are you that dude who's sperging out over it on /agdg/ and saying he could do better games than 90% of people from there like right now

>sperging out
It's just same shit as here again. The whole thread is just full of aggressive assholes who spit on you every chance they can get.

And if you defend yourself then, then you are the shitposter. Go and fuck yourself, you fucking retard.

i'll just link the first posts from that exchange that show you were the first aggressive asshole in there
now please calm your autism and acknowledge that general has enough of its shit and doesn't need more

> →
> →
Those two posts were me yes, but I really cant see what is supposed to be aggressive about this... Are you fucking retarded perhaps?

Go and fuck off, if you have no fucking clue, you fucking retard. Veeky Forums is just full of aggressive assholes.

oh the ironing

>Veeky Forums is just full of aggressive assholes.
Then maybe you should leave Veeky Forums. You won't have to deal with us, and we lose one aggressive asshole.

>me playing shmups

Fuck off retard. I am sick of you low IQ dumbfucks here.

It's not that the rest of the net would be better, retard. I think you really should care about your own shit, or just stfu completely.

>tfw when OP image is my waifu

Seriously, I don't see how anyone can play any other character after trying out Layis. Her shot and her first element shot are way better than everyone else's.

fuck you too, garegga

>and I just can't figure out how to do them decently.
I implemented curved lasers myself in C once as a simple test. Basically, the way it worked was by implementing a linked list of bullet structs in which the first node (the front tip of the laser) "controlled" or "lead" the rest of the laser. Each frame, it would iterate through the array backwards and set each node's position to that of the previous node in the list and so on, until it reached the first node, whose movement would be calculated as normal based off of velocity, etc. If I wanted the laser to grow, I would add a new node to the back end, or remove the last node to shrink it. It was fairly rough and inefficient since I didn't plan on using it for anything, but it more or less worked perfectly.

>accuses people of being low IQ
>cant figure out how to make lasers
kek

I also already have a homing laser, but I just can't figure out how to fade them out, or go comepltely into the target, you know.

They just always disappear instantly, as soon as the parent gets destroyed. Which basically looks like shit.

Another problem I also have is that I don't know how to put a collider on the whole laser. It only has a collider at the front, but if you'd collide at its middle point, it wouldn't harm you.

>but I just can't figure out how to fade them out, or go comepltely into the target
Depending on how you want to implement it, you could have it to where when the front node reaches its target, it is removed from the list and control is then transferred to the next node, or make it to where each node has an "active" flag that determines if it is drawn and has an active hitbox.
>I also have is that I don't know how to put a collider on the whole laser.
For mine, each node already contained a bullet struct which, in turn, held a rectangular hitbox. From there, doing collision checks was as simple as testing each node's hitbox against the player's.

>it is removed from the list and control is then transferred to the next node
yes yes, there are many ways to do this, but problem is I don't know how to code this

>each node already contained a bullet struct
I also already tried this, but this doesn't work for me. I tried making a string of bullets out of several children, but it didn't help shit.

>I also already tried this, but this doesn't work for me. I tried making a string of bullets out of several children, but it didn't help shit.
The main idea of my implementation is that the first node is the only bullet in the list that "acts" like a bullet; the rest are blind followers that do not move and act based off their own velocity, but instead set their position to that of the next node's. This creates the illusion of having the laser move, when in reality each node is just shifting forward.
>yes yes, there are many ways to do this, but problem is I don't know how to code this
As long as you're only updating the first node and then shifting the positions of the rest, removing the first node from a linked list would work fine because the second node would then become the first.
I wish I hadn't gotten rid of the source code for mine, I'd share it with you if I still had it.

Jesus. Take a chill pill, kraut-kun.

prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000666.000001290.html

are you ready for more kusoge?

>CAVE still milking what was once a honorable and highly respected STG series for easy mobage cash
YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

aquas streaming muschi muschi pork

After the trainwreck that was Gold Label, I don't exactly trust them to make another mobage. I mean I guess I'll try this one if it gets an English release but I'm not expecting much.

>After the trainwreck that was Gold Label, I don't exactly trust them to make another mobage.
i agree it is shit but think about this for a moment: they're making another one and therefore it made/is making enough cash for them.

God damn, I'm bored tonight. I got my ass kicked by the Canyon in Deathsmiles for at least a few hours today, so I don't feel like doing that anymore. But I don't know what TO do...

Possibly, but it's only been a month since Gold Label came out. I hope they haven't shit out another mobage from scratch in just that time. I think it more likely that they developed Gold Label and this at the same time, and are just spacing out the releases a little.

Ultimately this must stem from the significant success that Mahou Otome has had, and I guess they're trying to replicate it now but not doing a very good job so far.

>But I don't know what TO do...
Same thing but stream this time.

>But I don't know what TO do...
stream

>Ultimately this must stem from the significant success that Mahou Otome has had
why don't they just port it already

But Casper took such a vicious beating earlier, I don't want to put her though it again so soon!

Port it to what, PC? I guess that could work, maybe.

Casper is missing.

pls rember that wen u feel scare of frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day

So it's Windia's time to shine?

Gas all desufags and 2hufags.

don't 4get to post here too!!

8ch_net/v/res/11717681.html

2 dad threads to keep alive, great.

No, go away.

I guess.

So apparently Caladrius Blaze is not playable in Offline on Steam

I think I'm gonna refund it and re-buy on GoG. This port's a mess, but the game itself is fun

Nah.

No.

The graphic doesn't looks bad unlike Gold Label
youtube.com/watch?v=_KINiDMQsJU

Alright.

>i guess she has different taste in men than you user
Her ability to obsess and dedicate suggests she has above average testosterone for a female so no surprise she is attracted to a more effeminate male subject with a little circumstantial encouragement thrown in.

>it was awkward.
Best thing about Cream desu, i find the awkward amusing.

>The whole thread is just full of aggressive assholes who spit on you every chance they can get.
>Go and fuck yourself, you fucking retard.

Ever played self reflection? great game you should try it.

>Fuck off retard. I am sick of you low IQ dumbfucks here.
The i.q meme again, i get that you don't actually know what i.q is a measurement of or how it manifests itself in reality but please stop wheeling it out every time. You're like a leftist shouting ism buzzwords.

>aquas streaming muschi muschi pork
Now he's drunk streaming gimmick like a degenerate, hurrr im so drunk rite guise XD.

>tfw cream got so triggered by shitposting she got taken to a psych ward one time

>Her ability to obsess and dedicate suggests she has above average testosterone for a female so no surprise she is attracted to a more effeminate male subject with a little circumstantial encouragement thrown in.
y-you mean she's into dominatrix ?

is this meme gamepad?

Caldrius is a great game. Hope it works out better for you

For whats its worth, that was and still is the best controller I have ever used. Well at least what they are trying to emulate.

And btw, is Guardian Legend considered a shmup?

quick question to everyone here. What would be your top 3 best shmup? As in what is the game that you actually have fun playing.

CCWI
Garagga
Gradius

I use the original Saturn controller with an adaptor whenever I play a Dreamcast shmup

kek

Isn't there a 2hu WR player who actually uses a saturn controller?

Gradius+Salamander (love all of them)
UN Squadron
Undead Line

Ikaruga
CCWI
R-Type/Gradius (find them equally good)

I think Jaimers uses a saturn pad

>R-Type/Gradius
Oh also Darius of course!

Actually when I think abou it, the best shmups would be
Gradius
R-Type
Rayforce
Just simply because they influenced so many great games. They truely were ahead of its times.