/mcg/ - Minecraft General: Toxic Jungle Edition

Previous egg: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LwkO1y4bTEE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227951-placeable-items#t1:description
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hi

halb ploze goys wat do

oh jezus chwist get da wattuh nigga

it goin down

Boring trash about to become boring again as staple mods come to 1.10.2

gatdam bootleg chinese fireplaces

I guess I'll ask again here since I guess the other thread isn't being used for some reason.

I have GardenStuff, Growthcraft, AppleMilkTea2 and the Plant megapack now as well. Is that overkill? Too much?
I also have Witchery and Thaumic Bases.

PMP by itself is already pretty overkill imo.

I bet when TE comes to 1.10.2 and modpackmaker start putting it in , the "i dont like 1.7.10 because TE does everything"will be gone and 1.10.2 will be the same as 1.7.10 but less optimized and with less mods. Only that now they wont have an excuse on to why the ""upgrade""

>plant mega pack
It's the definition of bloat, and that's coming from somone who likes things other people call bloat.
The rest is good.

Broville is such a great map, but it makes me wonder if the creators of such of a map could figure out how to make a working aircraft using slime blocks, observers, and pistons. Is this even possible?

So... no plant megapack then? It looks like the author has completely abandoned it too, so maybe not keep it.

You're joking right? slimeblock flying machines have been a thing for literally since slimeblocks

Well try and decide yourself.
Personally, I hated it because:
>quantity of plants over quality
>most of the plants are useless and/or ugly
>shit isn't oredicted properly (e.g the tomato crop itself being cropTomato, not the fruit, so you get retarded recipes)
>any free lot of grass is covered with those plants

Daily reminder that it's not bloat if you use and enjoy it.

Daily reminder to ignore all bloatposters.

Have you ever played with PMP though?

in my opinion, it made terrain less boring to explore and made the world more alive, and you would consider travelling thousands of blocks to get those perfect plants for your comfy garden from "garden stuff"

But the crops were objectively bad, that can't be denied

Reminder to NOT generate worlds as "Large Biomes"

too big for your boipussy to handle?

Why?

For some reason it really fucked up mob spawns to the point where they wouldn't spawn at all outside of spawners and worldgen was generally a pain in the ass. I was using comfyserb's pack at the time so it may be different for others.

that shouldn't happen, and sounds like some mod nuked them, or a fuckhuge amount of non-despawning chunkloaded mobs were lurking somewhere, usually, fucking zombies holding eggs

Does the pack have any mob spawning mod (Mo'Creatures CustomMobSpawner is a sure way to fuck up forever a world's mob spawns)

I just realised that my big reactors config is using "nerfed" version instead of "default" one, what's the good alternatives to high energy generation i can use?

It seems so be consuming so much, but maybe my reactor is shit? i have 13x13x5interior, on 85% rods it makes 12krf\tick and uses 0.75mb\tick.

Yeah, but nobody has managed to create an actual controllable one that can fly in any direction and look like an aircraft yet.

I'm playing the same back on a normal default world and mobs are spawning everywhere. Unless a roguelike dungeon was fucking up spawns in every direction as badly as it was for me then I'm blaming large biomes.

Sometimes when i can't work on worldpainting or retexturing I just make aesthetic shit that gives me a boner again for the style I'm working toward.

Your post apocaliptic world is really comfy, it looks like if the world took a break after the nuclear winter and seems like a more pacific era than the one before the world went to the shit.
youtube.com/watch?v=LwkO1y4bTEE
This is what comes to mind when I see pics of your world.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? There's nobody on the server and it's literally just the start of a skyblock

>Nerfed BR is still MAWPC
Who would have tought.
As for your question, isnt there a page that lets you design a reactor and tells you its stats?
Why not use Valkyrian Warfare?

I love that song!

I like to think of the genre as post-post apocalypse. The end of the world happened, and society has mostly bounced back, however the whole planet has been mined to hell by pre-war mega-conglomerates, so only already processed metals are really available without excavating large amounts of rock. I'm inspired by ghibli, phantasy star, last exile and nihei mostly.

your host is shit and overselling resources like crazy
how much you paying and for what?
pay for a vps and I'll set you up for free

>those lilies
What mod add those? Need more aquatic based plants.

Those are just Pixel Perfection lily pads, theres a bunch of different random versions.

$16 CAD/month for a 4GB server from MelonCube.

wat is vps

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_server

(not him)
vps = Virtual Private Server

basically. if you want things done right, do them yourself, for every man-in-the-middle added between you and your server, the cost increases drastically

That's looks great

Ah, okay.

I feel the urge to play again. I should suppress this, right?

no, embrace it

I'd want to play on a server. Last time I did that everyone was like 12, I'm 24.

>I'd want to play on a server
ew servers

Thats what I was thinking too, it doesnt feel like a Madmax world where tiranny rules all and the world is still hurt due to the apocalypse, it seems more like the wounds began to heal.
>Is that Shaders or done with Optifine/PP because thats top comfy.

I don't find single player fun.

check the OP servers, the amount of Hitlers and weeb autism scares kids away

Stay the fuck away from public open servers

depends on what you want.
SoS adds gems and dust placeables. SoS also has no config for changing colours of stuff so if you don't like a colour you're stuck with it
or you could fork the mod and change it yourself
it works right away and is very intuitive; place ingot on ground with right click. makes collide-able blocks so you can walk over up to a half-slab's worth of ingots (32 i think)

IngotPyramid has config for colours. pretty sure it doesn't have any of the extra features of SoS like gem and dust placing.
using it is kind of convoluted. you place a piece of carpet, hit it with an ingot, break the carpet ??, and you get a full block to put ingots in. you can change the rotation and 'layout' of ingots, so like organized grid piles or pyramids.

your mileage may vary with either

I don't like all my progress and effort erased every couple months either.

Its shaders, PP AND optifine!

Also can anyone tell me of a territory control mod OTHER than Territorials Dealings 1.10?

It's mostly that I don't find the idea of developing a world, working hard to make it pretty, collecting a bunch of shit, etc etc, so that I and only I can see it.

You could always take screenshots. I myself enjoy having a world all to myself to develop and maintain.

As much as i like the idea of non-standart cookie cutter samey packs, i don't really get that whole "It's TE fault" meme, even considering i dislike TE, RF and what they brought.
What are those fabled interesting pack are even? The only packs that have some idea, concept and theme behind them that i know are all fucking 1.7.10 - Blightfall, Banished, Obscurity, and so on. I'm constantly checking packs for 1.10 for something to jump on for a refresher and all i see are endless skyblocks and All-The-Mods-minus-some-maybe-to-not-be-a-complete-fucking-copy.

>Expecting logic from Leddit.

All CofH ever did was make a unified power system, I don't get all the hate. It used to be where we had 3-4 different power units and you'd be lucky if they interacted between other mods.

And no one can ever convince me that power loss on idle machines is a fun or interesting concept.

Looks like FTB utilities has chunk claiming but its not quite finished yet for 1.10.

Anyhow, I gotta sleep. goodnight folx.

My biggest issue with SoS is the fact that hoppers and pipes can't feed into it. IngotPyramid had a good idea in making the block use an internal inventory, even if you can't use create micro/half blocks with it. I know you can use an Autonomous Activator to simulate rightclicking to add to the SoS stack, but that just isn't as convenient as placing hoppers/pipes directly on the stack.

Conversely, the big advantage SoS has over IngotPyramid is being able to extend the stack seamlessly by continuing to right click at the bottom, allowing you to create towers of ingots without placing new blocks at the top manually.

Somebody merging the two when?

>you'd be lucky if they interacted between other mods
I remember converters for everything to eveyrthing existing.
But yes, there's certainly a plus to universal API hiding behind all different power systems, but you know very well what i meant with "what TE\RF brought"
It's not fully CofH's fault, which is why i'm not shrieking that i hate it and demand it brought down. Just that i really dislike the outcome

shit's too slow senpai. needs a better box with a beefier cpu.
or someone is running around doing worldgen

>4GB serb from MelonCube
How are they, specifically for modded serbs? I was thinking of getting one for a group of 5-6 friends on a personal modpack, but if they are shite like this I might look into the VPN option.

>but you know very well what i meant with "what TE\RF brought"
Apparently I don't then.

Play on the upcoming new trainserb

From my experience before this started happening, they're great. Support is good if you need it and it's pretty simple getting mods installed on the server if you know what you're doing.

I'm down if you are you interested

Please tell me about it.

I didn't even consider the lack of a full-block meant it lacked an inventory to hop/pipe into. honestly I was enjoying the simplicity and collision more than automation potential.
automation would be basically required though if you were to make a vault, making IngotPyr. the more attractive option.

except for the part where you have to make the new blocks manually but that could be done ahead of time.

I wonder if golems could place ingots on SoS stacks

trains
industry
autism

Sounds okay to me. I'd probably only need the serb for a month at best, since we usually burn out after getting our autism fix.

I'd have to spend the night pregenning the world to a 500x500 square, perhaps.

Does Pixel Perfection have a lot of mod support? Or am I going to have a load of out of place looking blocks and machines if I use it?

custom modpack, current server has been up for about a year, revolving around trains and other such fun stuff. It's one of the comfiest places ever, even if you just want to explore.
New server might come out in a few days, will be on 1.7.10 or so.
Check the old serber list in the OP, or play on any of the ones on the new serber list.

i changed my mind but imma write a guide to running a custom modpack server

Will it be all economic and shit? It's been ages since I've played but the most fun I have is usually being a giant jew.

Sharing is caring.
It's just about building cool stuff, user.

uh, until then, poke meloncube support and they might move you to a new node (or tell you to suck their fatty, its your fault)

they're massive communists man (but play anyway because its great fun)

the physics infuser got a brand new model that doesnt look like coagulated grape soda so that will be coming soon

Actually, more importantly, does it apply new textures to Chisel blocks?

If you want to trade you trade.
Economy plugins are retarded, especially on modded serbs.

in the previous trainserb, there was some economy going on, but it's usually about favours, help me today, I help you tomorrow

you can always be the pioneer and try to jew the server

>Somebody merging the two when?
this, a million times this. give the mod PI's color config settings with its choices between bricklay and pyramid lay, along with automation potential, but with SoS's simple functionality and placement mechanics. so we dont need carpet bullshit.
and please for the love of god make sure it doesnt crash optifine like fucking SoS says in its description. how come chisels and bits works fine with optifine but SoS needs a disclaimer?

I like running a little shop or just selling things to other people's shops. Going on a shopping trip in a little bazaar is fun. Any decently popular servers that would fulfill that instead?

Maybe I'll check it out. I'll read the list then.

>finally set up draconic reactor
>input/output carefully calculated for maximum efficiency
>obtain all the RFs
>core starts changing color after an hour or so
>containment field strength: 15.47%

Would the second floor be a good place to set up a castle's kitchen? Or should it be on the ground floor?

Keep in mind I'm planning on having my master bedroom on the third floor.

the kitchen should not be far from the dining hall

If I were a king, I would want it directly beneath my room so all the ovens and shit keeps the room warm in the winter.

Wise.

Smart.
I'll have to think about positioning it close to the bedroom and squeeze a dining room somewhere nearby.

>playing draconic dildolution

What is a good energy regenerator that is not draconic (don't know how\too early), big reactor (too retarded to build one) or lava (it's too much cheese)? Good enough for quarry and evereything.

technic is okay, right?

>IE diesel gennies running off of BC fuel
>mekanism

Anyone aware of how well this works?
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/227951-placeable-items#t1:description

Mekanism windmills, thermal generators, solar panels and hydrogen too.

This, oil is really good if you don't like lava. Put it through an upgrade compression dynamo and enjoy your non existent energy problem.

>using TE for power
>ever

there really isnt many great servers, wait for trainserb2
i will also probably run a shop on trainserb so you're not alone

>8x dynamos
>Not amazing
When they give ~2k rf/t and can fit almost anywhere, they're hard to beat. Fairly inexpensive to produce and an array of them can keep up with most dedicated reactors. Good early game that lasts well into late game.

I checked out the list and the highest populated one has 14 people. It also didn't sound too appealing to me. Anything else you can tell me about trainserb2? It's been ages since I've played so I'm not getting that much from the description in the OP.

Will it have shop mods? So I don't have to sit in a building all day/hope people are sitting in their shop all day.

And they're boring and nowhere near as entertaining as even diesel gennies, and definitely nowhere near as autism as mekanism.
TE is a mod that should be ignored.

Downloading Direwolf20 to play on iPwnAge. Never really bothered with FTB in general, though. I know it's pretty huge, though. Anything I should know about the server or the pack straight off the bat?

That's nice, but user was asking for good energy, he didn't mention anything about fun energy.

Good could be interpreted as fun.

ic2 has a trade block, i think theres going to be forestry which has a better trading system

im probably going to set mine up to be computer controlled, so you just take the train to prince lycide's frontier store, chuck whatever you want to sell into a hopper and then press a button for your item to be dropped on your head

>ic2

I assume that's an update/server thing? As in it just sort of exists and I don't need to worry about it?