Going to buy my first car. Is this a good starting car? I like how it looks...it's very basic, though

Going to buy my first car. Is this a good starting car? I like how it looks...it's very basic, though.

Are VW Jetta's ok? I drive 84 miles/per day

Other urls found in this thread:

auffenberg.com/used/Volkswagen/2014-Volkswagen-Jetta-ofallon-il-4dbfe6b60a0e0a171812578acb0dcd0e.htm
cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Dodge-Challenger-Chicago-d894_L7510#listing=156134696
kbb.com/nissan/sentra/2005/sedan-4d/?vehicleid=1372&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=180000&pricetype=trade-in&condition=very-good
kbb.com/cars-for-sale/448056903/?totalresults=34&index=3&origin=index&atcmake=honda&atcmodel=civic&searchtype=all&zipcode=&year=2015&distance=150&tab=paymentcalculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Here is the car I'm looking at

auffenberg.com/used/Volkswagen/2014-Volkswagen-Jetta-ofallon-il-4dbfe6b60a0e0a171812578acb0dcd0e.htm

that 1,8 is anemic but idk man. I think they are expensive to run for commuter cars.

As much as I like VW and VAG in general, if say find the cheapest thing you can to learn on, you'll fuck a lot of things in it. After a year or two get something nicer

>Are VW Jetta's ok?
No. look at the VIN. See that very first number "3"
That means it was built in Mexico.
The Mexican built VWs are KNOWN for many many reliability problems. Do not touch that thing.
Go look at a Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Dodge Dart or Chevy Cruze instead. Any one of them is a better car.

It's not even the 1.8L. The new 1.8L Turbo makes 150 HP. This is beyond anemic.
It's the 2.0L SOHC 8V 115 HP engine they've been using, literally, since the fucking 1980's

Sorry, i should clarify. It's my first car I myself am picking out and paying for.
My previous one is a Nissan Sentra 05 with 180k miles but I want a newer car for the highway...

Maybe I should just fix my nissan a bit and not get a new one.
IDK

Alright, thank you user. I actually like the newer civics.
I dont want a huge monthly payment so I need to be careful.

Im staying away for this jetta. Going to try out other cars now. I just want a car 12k or less...this is kinda overwhelming

Are you the same user from the other day who asked about fixing that B15 Nissan Sentra with $2200 income per month?

We told you to buy a 01-05 Civic for 3k.

Put on your lederhosen ,op.
Welcome to the euro fag world of financial wallet failure repairs and deep deep ass madness.
Prost!

Just get a civic for 3k. No need to spend 12k on an econobox.

yes that was me.
that doesnt sound like an upgrade to me from my 05 sentra

You know what. Maybe i will just say fuck it and go take my sentra to a repair man and see what needs to be done!
I mean its already paid off so its nice not having a monthly payment

What's wrong with the sentra?

when i pump gas into it it starting leaking it out during the pumping process.
there is like a loose wire looking thing that needs to be replaced for $90...
Also while I drive i hear this rotating scrapping noise and my belt squeaks.
thats all i can think of
oh! and my windershield wiper fluid thing leaks out the fluid

That's basic shit. Probably less than 1k total. Not worth getting another car over.

>that doesnt sound like an upgrade to me from my 05 sentra
It is. Your Sentra has 180,000 miles on it. Think about that. You CAN find 01-05 Honda Civics on your local craigslist with under 100k on them.

Not for 3k. Besides, mileage doesn't matter. How it was maintained is more important.

i agree, it isn't. Ok i'm sticking it out with my nissan! thank you all goodnight

>Yes, it's a V6, but for the price it is better then that Jetta.

cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Dodge-Challenger-Chicago-d894_L7510#listing=156134696

Be specific on the issues these cars are having. Don't assume built in Mexico equals shit. Coming from mk7 gti owner.

I used to work for auffenberg as a salesman. do you like being fucked in the ass?

You are what I am afraid of becoming as I age. You have 12k and choose to buy a boring econobox. For fuck's sake. There are so many interesting cars to choose from in that price range and you're looking to buy a car of a 45 year old cuck.

It's fuel efficient though.

It's slow.
It uses an engine from the 1980's.
It's unreliable

I'm just terrible with big decisions.
My Nissan needs fixing now and I am wondering if I should go out today and look for a used vehicle or just fix up my sentra. It might cost over $500, though...
kbb.com/nissan/sentra/2005/sedan-4d/?vehicleid=1372&intent=trade-in-sell&mileage=180000&pricetype=trade-in&condition=very-good

I don't even know what car to look at. I guess Civics...

I heard Dodge Darts have awful reliability too

Anything made in mexico is shit, especially cars.

We told you to just fix it. Borrow a parent's car so they can rent one while your car is in the shop. Unless you're old enough to rent.

Is that 2200 take home or 2200 before taxes?

better than Volkswagen. Think about that for a moment.

>better than Volkswagen

I remember his last thread. It was 2200 per month take home, with living expenses around 800 (300 for rent).

I told him to shut up and buy a 7th gen civic but he bitched it doesn't seem like an upgrade over a beat into the ground Sentra

see:

I'm a different guy and might be able to get a 07 Passat and I'm trying to figure out If it would be a good fit for me. it would essentially be free so that'd be good.
basically I'm going to college across the state from my parents. this is my first year and I'm living on campus and my car's tranny is going out and the cost to fix it would be about what the car is worth so I left the car at home. next year I'll be off campus so I'll need to bring a car. my parents might be getting a new car so they said I could bring my moms old car here to drive. I'll have to drive all the way across the state multiple times a year which includes crossing a mountain pass. Other than that It would mostly be just driving around town. I won't have a garage to work on anything myself so anything I would do would be in a parking lot but the winters are extremely cold so for half the year any problems would need to be taken care of by a paid person. The car has a rebuilt title so that is kinda concerning, my parents have made sure everything is working properly, when they first bought it there was a few problems but they made sure everything is good and for the past couple years there has been no problems. Would this car be a good fit for me? I'm worried about reliability

kbb.com/cars-for-sale/448056903/?totalresults=34&index=3&origin=index&atcmake=honda&atcmodel=civic&searchtype=all&zipcode=&year=2015&distance=150&tab=paymentcalculator
Thoughts?

i was actually looking at this car (VW) new a few years ago but went with a civic instead. i was too sketched out by the mexican build quality

fix the trans and have a good car. if you got the passat you'd be inheriting it's problems and it's worthless since it's a salvage title.

the new 1.8 makes 170 you retard

1.8t makes 185 on decent gas
>I've dyno'd my daily