Alfa Romeo DTM when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tTwYHY7mY8c
youtube.com/watch?v=xNudUiDEciY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I remember hearing a story about another DTM spec alfa that was beating the germans at the time and one of the german drivers became such a sore loser that he purposely bump the guy in a corner turning him over even though he was an entire lap behind because i guess the thought of Luigi winning a mainly german motorsport was too much.

In theory, could anyone enter DTM if they made a spec car for it? even Cadillac? Volvo did it.

my fucking dick

>Alfa Romeo DTM when?

Over 20 years ago.

Never.

Actually, Marchionne wants Alfa to get back to F1.

>In theory, could anyone enter DTM if they made a spec car for it?

Yes. DTM racecars are only silhouette racecars. Like NASCAR and V8 Supercars, they are not based on production cars.

I'm jizzing my pants

Yes, they joined DTM 1993, fucked the germans and left a few years later.

DTM is a snorefest, and has been for years. All manufacturers are scaling back for 2017 due to high cost and lack of public interest.

They'd spend millios on a series that may be shut down by 2020.

There are rumors about Alfa joining V8 Supercars since the new ruleset allows for smaller turbo engines as well as V8s in 2018

And there were some negotiatons about a BTCC programme last autumn, but nothing came of those unfortunately. That would have been awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=tTwYHY7mY8c

>a series that may be shut down by 2020

DTM pisses me off so much, because of how they don't even attempt to fulfill their plans.

The plan was to have 3 series over the world running with the same rules and engines. DTM, Super GT and a series in the USA. I think this plan started 5 years ago.
Since then, the US series has been dropped, DTM now uses all the rules except for the new engines, and Super GT uses all the rules (I think they even started using them before DTM)
DTM was supposed to get the new engines in 2015, then they delayed it to 2017 and now they delayed it to 2019, and I bet they will delay it even more.
Even worse is how some Super GT teams wanted to use DTM Audis or BMWs and then supply their own engines, but these manufacturers just won't allow it.
Now, the japanese are pissed and might drop the GT500 class and run a second GT3 class, with the works cars having slightly modified aero and stuff to differentiate them from the already existing GT300 class.

This is what kills the sport. I don't want to watch bubbles that look like different cars, I want to watch different cars with different engines and chassis.

Yes, then the "luigi" (Sandro Nannini) went right back on the track with no hopes to win, but only to smack the shit out of the loser cunt.

>tfw V8 Star won't be revived in your lifetime
All the fighting and pushing and crashing was fucking glorious.

youtube.com/watch?v=xNudUiDEciY

When they want to get humiliated by superior engineers.

I've read they wanted to do like the gt500 and allow only 2l turbo inline 4's which kinda sucks

Like 1993?

Yeah, that's what I meant
The plan was for all series to have these 2 litre I4s. SGT changed to that pretty much instantly, yet the DTM keeps delaying that change. But it's pretty much too late now, with SGT considering dropping out the GT500 class as I mentioned and DTM slowly dying. This year, there are only 18 cars, 6 less than last season and I only expect this trend to go on

meanwhile, TCR Germany, published a 32 car entry list for the 2017 season in November 2016.

I know TCR is an entirely different kind of series, but i'm glad touring cars are still happening in germany

>It's even Alfa-related

Like in the '90s?