Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums

Lets assume for a minute that I have a car worth around 24 grand, and that I am likely going to come into a cash infusion of somewhere between 40-100 grand that I can spend on a stupid toy if I want.

What is the most bang for my buck I could possibly get performance wise. At first I was thinking about getting a Challenger with the 6.4L hemi, then I started thinking about BMW M3s.

Let's set the budget at 45k USD, what would you buy? This does not have to be a new car, I am not opposed to buying used to get a better car for my money.

What would Veeky Forums do? Pic related is my currently car, inb4 wrx meme's, yes I fell for the meme, help me out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=78Vg3rEIH1E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic is car im currently oggling.

This is what I'd get. But I don't know if you're on the Japcrap claptrap bandwagon like I am.

Do you have a house? If not, get a house. If you do, pay it down some more or do some renovations. You'd be retarded to spend 45k on something that'll be worth 20 in a few years.

make WRX faster

I have a house.

is that oregon or washington

mod the saturn and make it the fastest sl2 on earth

Oregon, good eye

i grew up in the mid willamete valley so I know a shitastic depressing oregon fall/winter day when i see one. that neighborhood looks like it belongs in salem or a suburb of portland

Sandy

2014 Stingray ?

i own a pure red WRX (MY16) as well so i guess we should fag-marry.

So does my boss at work, who is female, except hers is a 2015, same color though.

ITT op shows how people get massive amounts of money and still manage to be poor their whole life

100k is not a massive amount of money.

Considering he's driving a WRX and this money is coming from elsewhere, yes it is to him

No, but he's right, it's a great example of how people make dumb ass financial decisions when they think they have more money than they actually do. It's why most NBA/NFL players end up broke despite making millions in their careers.

>hey i just got all this money that i could use to invest or whatever, but let me buy this rapidly depreciating asset that i won't even care about in a year

>100k
>massive ammount of money

Im loling at you user, i make just under 200k a year. 100k is only massive money if you work a fastfood job.

I am the OP.

You're right its not the smartest thing to do with the money. But heres my rationale, and I'm sure you'll shit all over it but I might as well share.

I'm pretty young right now, late 20s, yeah I could invest it and retire a couple years earlier. But its not the kind of money thats going to change my life, its the kind of money where I could buy a cool toy or I could retire in 28 years instead of 30.

Why not buy the toy while I can enjoy it?

No, you're right, I would totally do the same thing knowing it's stupid.

But don't spend half of it, and dont spend it on a fuckin brand new car that is going to depreciate 50% the second you drive it off the lot. You can have fun with it and be smarter than that.

here is what you should really do: buy a cheap pickup truck and a nice kart. the money will last a lot longer and you will learn to drive right instead of crashing your expensive new M3.

plus, the kart is a lot more fun to drive, trust me. you already have a WRX anyway

how much is a nice kart

$4-5k for a really nice brand new one

4 stroke

He drives a WRX. He does not make 200k/yr or even 60k/yr.

>whoops, didnt mean to autosubmit.

4 stroke briggs&stratton 206 or a clone of it will be probably the most popular class and best for beginners, plus the engines wont require nearly as much maintenance.

2 stroke classes more competitive and you have to know what you're doing with the engine or be able to pay someone who does ($$$) and i know you're thinking "hey i have $100k" but $100k is nothing to some of the people out there racing karts.

Anyway, you can buy a real car if you want, but just think - not what $100k could do for you when you want to retire, but even in a few years what you could turn it into if you're smart with it. How long until the novelty of an M3 wears off?

I make 45k/yr pay scale for my current position tops at 54k.

How fast are these 4 stroke 206 karts, just out of curiosity?

I make roughly that delivering pizza.

You should do what I did and buy a C5 corvette for 15k and stop pretending you have a future at your current income, do not waste that money.

I have a lot of love for them, tons of fun to drive and the high revving v8 is intoxicating, just be sure to keep a few grand back because lol vanos.

Have you ever been to any of those indoor karting places? They will shit all over those karts. I don't know exactly 0-60 on the 206 but I would guess under 5. A shifter 125 can do it in about 3.5.

And they will pull G forces in the corners that you will not feel anywhere else on 4 wheels.

>45k year delivering pizza
Horseshit.

He sucks a lot of dick for extra tips.

They can go 60mph, wut?

I work 6 days a week and usually I make $150-250 a night. It's easy.

A CPO Camaro 2SS. It performs damn near as well on the track as a new M4.

Maybe I'll just mod my WRX a bit, I dunno bros, every time I mention this to people, in real life and on the internet everyone says id be fucking stupid to spend that money on a car.

But by god I love cars and I love driving, my car is my most prized possession and some days its the only thing that can cheer me up.

Shifters like mine will top 100 on a track with a long enough straight

Is your gas paid for? What about the extra wear and tear on your car?

anyway im gonna go but tl;dr if you want a fun car buy something cheap. if you are interested in a kart, find your local kart track, go out there when there's an open practice day, and talk to whoever, tell them you want to get into karting and if they can point you to anyone.

The wear and tear on my car is kind of irrelevant, I go through tires and brakes 2-3x a year and I spent $5k last year on gas but I grossed about 40k. Ceramic brakes are $30/pair and I buy $80 tires.

One year my transmission died but it was only 1.5k to replace

People think spending money on fun is bad. Without this windfall, you wouldn't have this opportunity, so blowing the money will make no difference on your day to day life. Unless you do something dumb and take on a payment, it won't make your life worse. Don't let people take away your enjoyment because it isn't practical.

We're trying to help maximize his future enjoyment by budgeting, you dumbass, not telling him to never touch the money.

buy another goddamn house then
You wanna be poor forever?

Your car budget should be maybe 3k max.
That's plenty to get a stupid toy.

its retarded.
My dad is filthy rich and he doesn't even drive top trim land cruiser.
He buys property and invests it into his company.
And the income he gets from property he saves up and spends on stupid toys.

TL;DR
don't be an idiot, invest. Or one of these days youre gonna be the faggot living in a morgaged house barely able to pay the bills for the house and car and have to eat beans.

>Your car budget should be maybe 3k max.
>That's plenty to get a stupid toy.
PLENTY ENOUGH FOR A FUCKING GO KART BITCH

youtube.com/watch?v=78Vg3rEIH1E

>everybody in this video is a better driver than everybody on Veeky Forums

3k car budget? What you smoking bud?

This is how poor people stay poor

How is investing 100k going to make me rich dawg?

For that price I'd get a new Camaro SS 1LE

Probably cigars because he knows how to manage money and didn't stay poor his entire life by spending life-changing amounts of money on a fucking car

money goes in, more money comes out. you can't explain that

Maybe you guys are right, just invest the shit and spend a few grand on a more reasonably priced toy that I want. I do want a drone and a new camera, but fuck I wish my car was faster.

Everybody always wishes their car was faster.

Maybe you're right, maybe I'd get a M3 and then 6 months later I'd want an Audi R8 or something. I should really think about this, 100k is a pretty nice investment foundation. Or maybe i'll invest the 100k and the market will crash and I'll lose half of it.

You only lose if you sell

>inb4 wrx meme's, yes I fell for the meme
no, you blindly bought a car with bad expectations

It is a lot of money, even if some Veeky Forums pseudo-richfags scoff at it. You'll be doing a lot more research than just asking Veeky Forums before you make any decisions, obviously.

>Or maybe i'll invest the 100k and the market will crash and I'll lose half of it

Unless you tie it up in some specific sector that goes under, you will never "lose" it. Put it in an index fund.
Market goes down, market comes back up. It always does, long term. Even if you had invested 14k in 2007, right before the crash, it would be worth 20k today.

If you were to invest that $100k into the market, and let it sit for 20 years, you'd have $330k.
If you were to invest that $100k, and contribute $300/mo, for 20 years, you'd have $470k.
If you were to invest that $100k, and contribute $500/mo, for 30 years, you'd have $1.1 million.

At the very least you'll have a house paid for, best case you'll be able to retire.

Somebody explain this investing where you get guaranteed positive returns with 0 risk

>invest vanguard targeted retirement plan
>don't look at the balance, contribute every month
>retire

The market as a whole is not going to eat your money, and as long as you keep contributing during periods of decline, it basically offsets the losses from decline, since you'll have that much more when it rebounds.

If the stock market zeroes out and doesn't come back up, then you'll be more interested in things like not dying during the apocalypse that is occurring.