An Veeky Forums Approved Race

Lemons is shit. Most of us have shitboxes, yet we don't want to wreck them. I want to know what type of race would be best for this group; I'm thinking a sort of cost-based division with two categories: a top speed run with time and speed achieved averaged together as well as time achieved in a race from one location to another to determine class winners.

Anyone else ever have any thoughts about this?

I have been to a few Lemons races. They are not actually that bad and are really fun to participate in.

I'd love to do like a rally type thing across a few states with Veeky Forums. Like everyone would meet up in NC or something and we'd spend a week going on some huge road trip across the US.
I've seen a few of those superspeeders videos and it seems like so much fun, even if we don't have supercars.
We'd like decide on a route and then race each other on that to a destination.

Touge battle only Veeky Forums approved race

So, Cannonball Run meets Wacky Races?

chumpcar

u-car

Bingo

The only race Veeky Forums approves is a benchrace.

nobody here even knows what fast is. i've seen fast, and i've seen what the general Veeky Forums public do. this is not the place to get your speed fix

Why does Veeky Forums suck so much?

I never knew how much I needed that in my life until now.

because its all-inclusive, and the majority of people are slow or not even inclined to go fast. the 1% of car/bike guys who are serious about racing, or even muh tooj, will join specific cliques and avoid lowest common denominator discussions. to be part of this group you need the opportunity to develop skills, which require either money or extremely fortunate geographic location, persistence, and an environment with other fast people so you dont just think you're fast (major Veeky Forums pitfall, watch /dbt/ webms).

it'd be nice for us to make a new website specifically for Veeky Forums meetups. of course in addition to Veeky Forums. maybe a map for anons to find each other to go on drives.

I can see it now. Someone enters with pictures related as "Team Bench Racers."

This a real world Wacky Races thread nao

The last one is key. My geographic location (Oregon) is good, but the car scene around here is mostly split into jerking it to classic cars, off-roading, and stancefagging. There's a small road racing scene that does a half-dozen hillclimbs between June and September, and a handful of track events at PIR and ORP, so there's not a lot of opportunity to develop skills.

Now, if you're a motorcyclist, shit is much different.

You realize it would degrade to Mad Max meets Death Race 3000 by the end, don't you?

>Implying that wouldn't be even more awesome.

What starts out as the Veeky Forums teams line up to compete in a Cannonball Run style event with cars more suited to a live-action version of the Wacky Races turns into Mad Max as the teams struggle to keep their shitboxes together long enough to make it across the country; repairing them with whatever they can scavenge, until the battle for 4th place (because someone with a decent, maintained car already took the top three places) turns into a cross between the climax of Fury Road and Death Race 2000.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm funding this.

>as the teams struggle to keep their shitboxes together long enough to make it across the county

FTFY

Tell me that it wouldn't be more entertaining than Nascar.

I need this in my life

Says you.

If there were a rule of nothing but sub- $5k cars, what teams would we see?

Man, this shit will be fun. My Camry has such shitty tires on it that it goes full Initial D on anything besides completely dry roads. They aren't even bald, their traction is just that bad. Plus the fuel filter was likely never ever changed for all 363K miles, the ignition wires are failing, timing belt needs to be replaced, exhaust is literally rotting away, and probably still running the same trans, brake, and coolant fluids when it was new. Wonder if I should put money in it before I race it.

Lol you want to do a rally.

like an old guy boomer rally.

faggot