>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:
>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/

this one was made first this is the thread

DRZ always comes first

yeah, like i said before. I think it looks pretty cool..m8

awesome fzr parked at campus. he had a holographic '90s forever' sticker on the other side of the tail

i agree, they look cool. especially the 250L rally and the new 450r and rx. but the 250s have crap engines and clutches i hear.

>mfw kiddie bike liking Aussie scum can't even put an edition or delete unnecessary meme arrows in the OP

drz400 or 500exc and super the fuck out of it?

drz400

what a beast
>those leather tail bags

How often do you guys just get on your bike and drive randomly with no destination?

All the time when I'm not commuting. I just explore places near me and remember the good riding/chilling spots.

If I wasn't confined to an Island, maybe.

every day

where do you go? different cities? just up and down streets? through neighborhoods?

Underaged think the 90's was supper awesome and cool. I bet that faggot was born in 1999.

Only so many places you can explore on an island.
ayyy lmao.

Your Island looks nicer than mine.

Mine is an overcrowded spit of rock and sand sticking out into the frigid waters of the north Atlantic. Getting to the main land requires driving through NYC and crossing two or more bridges that are deemed among the worst in the country in terms of structural condition.

Im in the middle of the ocean and you have to take a plane to visit anything. Its one of the nicer looking islands of our chain.

All the time. Did it earlier today because the weather was decent. I often end up riding the same roads though, many of them not even good roads. I think it's better to have a destination that will take you to new places but if you just want to ride anywhere will do.

I technically live on an island
It's constantly eroding, beach parking lots get lost to the ocean, in the summer it's a nightmare, and the only thing connecting it to the mainland are two bridges which can take hours to cross with traffic.

I'm pretty fucked if there was ever an evacuation.

Daily bike thread or dead bike thread?

ayy lmao

Better than nobike thread
>inb4 it already is

/dbt/ bring back 80's big boy bikes edition

>matte black engine and exhaust hnnng

>tfw dead dbt

>tfw no qt dakar racer gf

Head over to the _actual_ thread, this one is about DRZs which are infinitely inferior to the best beginner bike ever.

>1991 street legal KTM 540 2stroke
>4000
on the one hand:
>25-year-old bike
on other other:
>is there anything new with a comparable power-to-weight ratio, and if so is it street legal and how much does it cost?

which island you on brah

>autists fighting over which thread is used because someone is triggered by a meme
nah, I think I'll just come back later

Maui.

Prove that you're not a public transportation user. Post pics of what your bike currently looks like.

basically

>dads bike wont start
>figure the battery is flat
>charge battery
>start bike
>we mechanic now
tell me about your recent wrenching adventures

ayyyy I was there for New Year's!

looked into renting a dirt bike but there didn't seem to be much.

I'll be that guy

k
Alot of people visit from other islands too haha. Its one of the more expensive islands too.

>took apart carb to clean
>put back together
>bike wouldn't idle without choke
>cleaned pilot jet better
>put seafoam in fuel
>fixed

Recently I used vaseline to get the carb to slide onto the cylinder and enjoyed the experience. Is this normal?

Also, do you replace the carb gasket as a rule or do you let the inspection determine that? Last time I just used a little bit of liquid gasket to be sure and it really gave me some peace of mind.

i dont know what the most common phone mounting solution is within dbt, but I would've thought the stem mounted RAM balls thing is quite common. Was looking at them myself, and (at least in the UK) the prices are retarded for little bits of plastic so i thought about alternatives and came up with this: (pic related)
everyone has a gopro lying around somewhere right? and if not the little sticky bases are a few pennies on ebay etc. You can use the touch screen through the case which is nice, waterproof if you're caught out in the wet and you still need nav.. Plus with gopro sticky mounts you can put it anywhere. I was thinking I'm gonna mount mine either on the tank at the front, closest to the clocks. Might put it on the underside of the windscreen though, I'll see when it arrives whether that position would obstruct my view of the tach / speedo.

Fed up of riding around and getting lost, pulling over to check phone, and get lost again etc.

probably better to use wd40 to slide the carbs back on.

and do you mean float bowl gasket? you should replace them unless they look pretty new, just to be safe.

>Clutch side crank seal leaks on rm250 so it burned gear oil
>Take it apart and put new one it
>Is even worse now and hardly runs
GG Me

The Enduro/SMC-R/Duke 690 come to mind, as well as the Aprilia SXV550

Me and all my friends use the same 20€ thingy

All my friends and I*

I don't like putting WD40 on rubber parts. Gasket looked good enough and I am a cheapskate

I don't like putting sticky mounts on my bike as a mechanical mount is safer. Can recommend replacing one of the handlebar bolts with a ram bolt - keeps your handlebar clean.

I've cracked too many of the little black clips to trust my phone to that. Ram mount with the bungee retention. You've got a lot more positioning options to avoid glare this way too.

No one except foreign students says it that way
Just like "if i were" instead of "if i was"

Did you rig up a shift gauge?
Also, nice red hat.

Triumph Thunderbird, you the guy in DC?

How do you live with yourself knowing that non-native speakers have a better grasp of your mother tongue than you have? It's embarassing 2bh.

than you do*
Poor timing for making mistakes.

WD40 on rubber is fine, and better if it gets in your intake than vaseline

its a twinshock R65, no swaps or major reengineering done.

i wish i was a manlet, my elbows are in my knees. manlets have it made on bikes, i'd be 5'8" if i could

It's just a healtech gauge. I got tired of trying to shift into 7th.

Baltimore DC metro area

I am a non native speaker tho

Ayy, nice.
You ever hear of dcsportbikes? They organize rides pretty often.

Then should you not strive to improve your grasp of the English language and use correct grammar as much as possible?

>leaky radiator in muh Ranger
>shop quoted me $120 for the labor, i've bought the parts already(a little over $200)
>go to shop and assholes kpt blowing me off until tomorrow and so on
>get frustrated
>about 14:30
>go to hobby shop and do it my fucking self, with lifts and al
>check out handy dandy Hayne's manual
>oh cool, this is pretty straightforward
>drain out shitty coolant
>little drain plug is clogged up with congestion that i takes forever to drain
>fucking hoses were caked with gunk
>bottom hose drains out the rest rather quickly but more fucking messily
>had to be very cautious not getting coolant into my face
>install everything back on
>wasn't so bad
>installed the top hose backwards until one of the guys commented on my work
>i tried to secure the upper hose that i installed backwards with zip ties to keep it away from the serpentine belt
>woops, that was until he said some shit
>fix it
>ok
>warm the bitch up
>now 19:00
>clean up the lift bay and pay the guy $43 for the space
>thermostat was being retarded but eventually recalibrated the day after

feels good that i did it myself, it sure built some more wrenching confidence. I called my papa about it afterwards. I felt really, really good

I'm already in a club, thanks.

Not a club, it's a forum.

>time for an oil change
>4th or so oil change on this bike since I bought it
>call dad, buy filter + oil
>dad comes over
>tells me to do the work myself this time, he'll just supervise instead of doing the wrenching like before
>change oil and filter
>perfect
>replace dad's car battery and do minor repairs while we're at it (license plate lights, trunk lights, fuse replacement)
Wrenching with dad is best wrenching. Can't wait for him to get his own bike so there's another machine to work on with him.

Doing something useful feels great. Also, fuck shops that keep postponing. Stopped going to a shop within walking distance thats very reasonably priced for that reason.

I also wrench with my dad but I teach him (despite knowing fuck all) because he knows even less than fuck all.

I'm having a really tough time with corners. Sure, through the suburbs is fine cause that doesn't even count as a turn, but tight turns just aren't working for me. I'm scared I'll fall over, and I'm not sure if I should be holding the clutch in through them and the whole "turn the wheel opposite movement" is so non-intuitive. Tips?

hit up a parking lot, set your throttle to just keep you moving, loosen up on the bars, and start doing tighter and tighter circles. you'll learn fast that the bike wont just fall over. dont ever touch the clutch unless you're shifting or stopped

I took the kneepads out of my trousers to make them more comfortable.

Am I a massive retard for doing this?

lean more, the bike turns more.

really? I feel like i've a habit of down shifting through a corner, of course these are neighborhood speeds since I'm not confident enough to dare go on the highway (and the wind blows me to the side, it's so god damn terrifying).

Quick questionnaire
>are you American
>have you ever ridden a pushbiek
>wat bike

>tfw hate father
>tfw always wrenching alone in the cold and dark because no electricity in the garage

downshift before a corner, accelerate through the corner. if you pull your clutch to the bar and hold it there you're screwing yourself

>buy 2002 sv650s
>runs gr8!
>take home
>coat tank
>put tank back on
>low idle, sometimes cuts out
wut do

>added insulation to garage
>installed 8 LED TL-style lights
>put in a convection heater
>custom made a large tool wall and bought bunch of tools to add to it
>proper workbench and drawers on the todo list
All with based dad. How come no electric in garage?

U blocked the fuel hose

>tfw dad used to work as mechanic / taught mechanics for 20 years
>tfw he actually has a mech engineering degree
>tfw have unrelated engineering degree myself
>tfw getting taught interesting shit by dad while doing useful work with him, and teaching him shit from my field in return

>How come no electric in garage?
Condo.

>tfw we don't even talk anymore
kys

mayb but I don't think so Tim

I guess I could pull the petcock off and take a look

You should really try towork things out with him, wrenching with dad is GOAT.

He's a piece of shit andI don't want him around,
also his conversation are fucking stupid, only talks through clichès and platitudes and it's too inept to put a nail in a wall.
I fucking hate him so much.

Geez user, where did he touch you?
>also his conversation are fucking stupid, only talks through clichès and platitudes
How would you know if you don't talk to him?

Are you serious? don't you think that maybe in 20 years I've had the chance to talk to him before?

I'm sorry user. Get some friends or uncle or father-in-law I guess.

It's too late.
It was always too late.

All that's left is to commit sudoku now.

>wr has a pedo-stache
I honestly don't know what i expected

sauce?

In 1st gear my bike is extremely twitchy, it either goes, or its not going, no matter how little throttle I give it. There's no happy middle ground to just cruise along at slow speed (5-10mph).

Is that normal?

His FB

gib
t. drobe

Find it ureself

Give me a hint, I've tried and failed in the past.

Look in the archives i guess

Noob here. What the fuck is a "scrambler" bike? What's its purpose?

What for? Searching for 'wr facebook' and 'wr fb' yields no useful results.

PayPal me money for rare anons

I can send you some original cursed Bimmer user stickers instead.