/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

The wind is blowing edition

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda prizes on MyNintendo
Twilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc
Link theme for 3DS:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/82df9c18e92f49fc

>TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/
It will include Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, A Link Between Worlds, Ocarina of Time, and Skyward Sword cards.

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk
zeldainformer.com/adventure-log-for-breath-of-the-wild-unveils-memory-recovery-system/
youtube.com/watch?v=PrMf-pvlthg&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Noice, a new thread.

With that said, here's what is to be your threadly lesson of Learn2Hylian with your teacher, HylianAnon.

For this thread's Hylian word, we learn a special word which I think all anons should learn and memorize by heart for later use.

i fukked ur waifu

well botw looks ghibli as hell, so you've gotta bring back the tree spirits.

What are the chances they ever bring back child Link in the main console games? I miss him. ;_;

What if .. What if I don't have Iron Boots?

We're kinda stuck with Windwaker-style Link for our child Link games.

Speaking of which, I wish the guy would get a redesign already, he's had like five games with the same design/art style.

Then they'd better have a Zora tunic/blue tunic equivalent.

I want to explore the bottoms of every lake.

I like the WW Link design, I'd be sad to see them drop the style after it's become kind of a staple, but at the same time I do want to see a different take on young Link.

I kept thinking they were all sequels to each other when I was growing up- instead, ST takes place a hundred years after PH, and Minish, 4S, and 4SA aren't anywhere near WW.

I'm down for the style being in the WW timeline, but it gets confusing

Don't get me wrong, I like Windwaker Link as much as the next guy, but I think it's time to see another Link who takes a drastic departure from the usual art style rather than have just one Link as the "alternate" design.

The best possible solution is they bring back the Zora mask from MM and you get to swim at super fast speed and do a bunch of sick flips and shit and you can just automatically sink if you feel like it. Too bad there's no way it will happen.

I'm still pissed that they ruined the Zora swimming in the 3DS Majora's Mask remake. Best swimming in any game I've ever played and if you want to replicate it you need to go get Romani milk.

The suit in Twilight Princess wasn't quite the same, but it was a decent compromise.

I was fine with the new swimming.
But I do find it weird that you had to expend magic to use the original swimming.

For real, the masks made just exploring the areas so much more fun. Nothing beats blazing through the fields as a goron or cutting through the waters like a blade as a zora or seeing private moments with the stone mask or tricking other species into thinking you're one of them to get into their private lairs. Fuck why can't they bring those mechanics back.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GERUDOS JEW NOSES

They aren't attractive.

We've only seen it from the front, for all we know it's still huge.

It's been long enough that fish people evolved into bird people, the Gerudo can evolve smaller noses.

stranger danger

So did anyone ever do more of the map from yesterday

I doubt it's huge, but front view still makes it obvious it's a pretty aquiline sort of nose.

Someone posted this

Can't you still do the OG swimming without magic, just without a force field?

This as well

Reminder that Sheik is MALE

Did they ever translate the top part?

No

Yes. Zelda uses her magic to change her sex, so Ganondorf can't spot her.

oh boy here we go

Sweet meme, bro

>the Sheikah disappeared/scattered/died
Goddamn this vague language! That's such an important detail.

I'm not going to reply, and you shouldn't as well.

>Did they ever translate the top part?
Doubtful that there's even an image clear enough for that
At least we have the basic idea of what happened

It's how it is, not a meme.
It's not like you can prove me wrong with an actual argument.

youtube.com/watch?v=1CfFnLoiLqk
You can use TP wolf link? Child timeline confirmed?

>amiibo feature being canon

Just accept you desperately want Zelda to have a penis, user. It's ok

Well, not really

I saw someone in another thread mention something about a memory reel? Where is this shown?

I just don't "get" Zelda.

Is it a Nostalgia thing? I missed out on the N64 era almost entirely (only played Conker and Super Mario 64, loved them) but I just don't get the appeal

>Babby tier story
>Simplistic gameplay mechanics
>Simplistic puzzles
>No real writing, let alone good writing

I've never gotten the appeal. The story was always too childish to be taken seriously (typical generic "hero must save da world from le evil bad goym), the writing sounds like something from a childrens TV series and the combat/puzzles were so mind numbingly basic that they were flat out boring.

I don't get this series at all, not saying it's shit, just asking for some perspective on where the love comes from.

As it stands, it seems like the most blatant case of Nostalgiafaggotry to me...

The Gerudo have a nice looking town.

What happens if you have Link walk around in it without a shirt?

GAME OVER
(You had it coming.)

>165734086
>Blatant baiting during slow euro hours

You unlock the Hot Coffee minigame.

>Poor Little Hylian Boy

>It's not like you can prove me wrong with an actual argument.
To be fair, you never had an actual argument either. Just stated hearsay.

So, we can all agree now that Link somehow died 100 years ago, correct? The evidence has really started to pile up and it seems like it's all but been confirmed.

>wakes up in the chamber of resurrection
>doesn't remember anything about his past
>has to recollect his memories
>has to complete shrines to collect spirit orbs, the name of the item strongly suggesting that they're fragments of the hero's spirit or soul
>right-handed
>still no traditional tunic

The big question is this: is it the same Link that died from 100 years ago who just happened to be revived - or are we playing as a "fake Link - like a clone or artificial construct of sorts who's filling the role of the old hero by gathering up the pieces of the spirit and implanting his memories into our "Link" via Bladerunner replicant style?

You really don't need an argument once you consider the bodytype of Sheik in the official OoT artwork.

I don't think he really died. He was injured pretty hard, almost deadly, but they put the body in stasis to save him.

I think he's going to be the same Link from 100 years ago mostly what this guy said

Resurrection implies death though.

I seem to recall back when they first started letting people play the game and had those treehouse streams, Aonuma or someone drew attention to the fact that the clothes Link starts out with are a little small on him, implying that his body was smaller whenever he first went into stasis. Whatever that means.

This. A dead body or a clone wouldn't grow over the time. He is the original Link, not a clone.

Considering the preorder numbers and the general consensus online, I'd say it's safe to say the Switch will sell pretty good.

Things can change

Can't do worse than the Wii U.
I love my Wii U

The Wii U had an okay launch, and basically never did good ever again.

Between Zelda for launch of Mario for the Holiday, with Splatoon bringing up the middle in the Summer, it should probably have a good first year, which should also hopefully give it enough of a sustained set of sales to establish a basis for further development.

>still no traditional tunic
I love how the green tunuc doesn't appear in any art of botw. You can feel the game is cutting some ties with the past but still keeping in mind what made the older games good.
Of course, the green tunic will appear for sure later in the game.

Where does Tri Force Heroes take place in the timeline?

After ALBW I think.

I think Wii U's 2014 was still better than what we saw for other gen 8 consoles so far.
Bayonetta 2 (and 1 port), Smash 4, MK8 (and great season pass), Dong Freeze, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors. This ignoring the smaller indie games. That year Splatoon was also first announced.
Listing these games with the Switch around the corner seems strange but back in 2014 it was a big deal.
Kinda ironic a good slice of Switch's killer apps for its first year are Wii U ports or sequels to series started on Wii U.

This actually has me thinking that we haven't seen any flash back scenes yet... at least not ones involving Link anyway.

Well we don't know if there will be flashbacks in general either.

Have a wonderful day.

fi sucks tho

Truly I missed this

Be nice. Fi is love.

What should I draw today, /lozg/?

Fi being cute in BotW, please.

BotW Zelda with her beautiful eyebrows.

ignore the waifufags

draw something cool like a classic zora devouring a botw zora

A guardian in as much detail as you can muster

Adorable but slightly eerie

A field of Fi is somewhere I would like to hang out.

There is a part of the game called "Recovered Memories", which are marked by a film strip in the Sheikah Slate. Presumably these are either the game's cutscenes after you watch them, or flashbacks like in Assassin's Creed 2.

Nani

>There is a part of the game called "Recovered Memories", which are marked by a film strip in the Sheikah Slate
What? What's this?

It's like a diary called an adventure log. Sort of like an inventory where Link collects recalled memories. zeldainformer.com/adventure-log-for-breath-of-the-wild-unveils-memory-recovery-system/

Looking at it, it seems more a collection of all the cutscenes you see so you can watch them later. But maybe you are right and those are flashbacks.

Huh.
Well, I guess that user who thought the third icon was korok given gel was off

Nevermind, I cannot read

What could ruin botW for you?
So far Nintendo seem to have fixed all the issues with SS. People complained about SS being too linear, having wagglan and having a long ass intro tutorial and cutscenes before arriving to the meat of the game.
BotW does all the opposite and also goes back to its NES roots of the first Zelda game.

What we saw up until now is gorgeous to say the least. But what could ruin this perfection for you?

The music being sub-par, as well as there not being any actual dungeon quality.

>The music being sub-par
Nothing to worry about, famalam.

youtube.com/watch?v=PrMf-pvlthg&t=0s

I don't trust trailer music desu.
Not after what happened before.

>Not after what happened before
What happened?

I recommend it. Aside the great combat with 4 Links's group formation, the game features a course system instead being open-world, which each course is linear and provides unique challenges and obstacles, plus some exploration on some courses, along NPCs to talk.

The graphics are based on ALTTP, so it quite fits with the game, since it's a 2D Zelda, plus they look nice. The soundtrack is also remastered with ALTTP musics.

It's best played with friends, but solo can be good too, with either a GBA or even the Gamecube controller. Go play it on Dolphin.

I've never said this before, but the frame rate.

Shit music or lack of music in the world.
weapons breaking all the time.
low amount of dungeons, i want alot of dungeons like 8-10 (don't really care for shrines)

also i want the medallions back from lttp.

I want Quake with environmental damage now.

We see 2 "different" Links in the trailers. One is only carrying the Master Sword and nothing else, and one with the Sheikah Slate along with a bow and various other weapons. Since we get the Sheikah Slate right at the start of the game, all the scenes we've seen where Link doesn't have it are probably flashbacks of what happened 100 years ago.

Only flaw in that is there's a scene of Link with the Sheikah Slate standing in front of the (non-damaged) Master Sword

I'm pretty sure the Master Sword is going to get restored at some point in the game.

>from 'LOZ' two phantoms were born

It does. I can't remember where in the trailers, but we have seen the Master Sword of Resurrection in pristine condition.

Gerudo girl is holding one.

She's holding a Chakram, which is the far more likely of the two.

Is she?
looks nothing like it

>Chakram
We've seen nothing to suggest that there is a class of reusable throwing weapons in the game.

It's a thunder rod.

Draw Kass and that not-Falco black bird together.