youtube.com/watch?v=3TJv0J4FmIo
youtu.be/yPfCoHErp1c
youtube.com/watch?v=kxCy80s8ylY
youtu.be/ljPxfGfRldw
youtube.com/watch?v=ugMRzPGNNkY
youtube.com/watch?v=e701QHyCr0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I, by far, put the most hours into GT2.

I played that game for everything it was worth. Then it got a second life when started using Game Shark with it and discovered the "boost cheat.

You could use it in replays on the focused vehicle. It was hilarious watching the AI try to cope with 300mph.

I tried playing GT4 recently. Horrible game. Steering is too wonky. If you oversteer, you will 100รท of the time over correct. It's just not possible to control anything.

For me it got a second life when I started using Game Shark and swapping car parts.

Maybe you just suck at driving

>GT4
>horrible game

forzafaggots need to eradicate themselves.

No.

Yes GT1 and GT2 are the best racing games ever made. Sucks that Gran Turismo Sport wasn't very good hopefully when GT7 comes out they redeem themselves.

GT2 and 3 are great but Forza 4 is the GOAT driving game

Original is the best and has the best soundtrack. Especially the manufacturer tracks:
youtube.com/watch?v=tTxKyhntay4

Excellent game. I also got a lot of enjoyment out of R.C. Pro-Am

so fucking much this
i loved that game

spent every cent i had playing this in the laundromat across the street decades ago

Battle Mode

Stereo sound cannon
Fuck yes

You mean that game that isn't out yet?

Yes

thanks for the nostalgia, OP

Bit offtopic, but what's the best available racing game on PC/PS4 right now? I already have Assetto Corsa for that simulator itch, and Dirt Rally for those sweet Funland maps, but I want some arcadey street racing or if that doesn't exist, it can be tracks too.

Pic related is easily the most fun I've ever had playing a racing game

Use Dosbox to play Whiplash. It's a 20 year old game but still kicks ass.

yup

three was also based

I should probably go back to my old save and get all gold licenses but damn, some tests are just too hard.

Are any driving games (with steering wheel and gas/brake pedal) useful in training potential new car drivers how to drive better before they get their learner's permit?

Forza 3 is probably the best. Gran turismo was honestly never really that good as a simulator

Not quite

GT1 had better driving physics and cars had some power unlike in 2. Fuck all of you dumb nostalgia fags.

Still playing GT4 here.

This.
Arcade as fuck, but that's what makes it great.

>this fucking music

youtube.com/watch?v=xLyL-NBjVNE

bump.
Gran Turismo was awesome. even modern games like pCARS don't have a proper version of Suzuka with the hairpin and Casio Triangle. That Sakkitto bullshit almost ruins the game for me.
La Sarthe, Nurburgring, Suzuka, Fuji, DTM, SuperGT the game had everything.

love gt2 and gt4, but does anyone else have trouble playing them with analogue sticks? older ps1/ps2 games just feel really strange playing with them.

try tweaking the controller settings on the emulator. lower sensitivity and move accel/brake to the shoulder/trigger buttons instead of face buttons.

Fuck yes.

Anyone here play Test Drive Unlimited? That was the most fun i've probably had with a racing game spending hours and hours exploring hawaii listening to Rise of the Valkyries
I've started playing GTA online with the stunt races again and those are pretty good fun too

2 has better engine sounds than 6. And that's sad.

Grid 2 IMO. On ps3

youtube.com/watch?v=3TJv0J4FmIo

I always lose at my favorite game.

This guy

I did this over the last couple months just because I forget if I did back then. aced 'em eventually, but being late by .00X happened way too much.

>analogue sticks
>emulator
I still have my Mad Catz wheel and PS1. And an old CRT television for Duck Hunt.

Not much on the PS4. I enjoyed The Crew for awhile but the handling isn't that great and cars cost alot unless you drop real money.

Need for Speed 2015 can be pretty fun. It does have some flaws like the fact you need to be always online. The car list isn't massive but you can only have 10 cars at a time.

I'm not sure if Drive Club is a sim or not. I don't really know of other arcade racing games. I really want a 4x4 truck racing game on the PS4

GT2 wasn't bad in terms of the tests.

GT1 was absolutely fucking hellish. The A license alone probably took 300 tries in total. I'm not kidding.

Is it possible to beat the silver truck?

Seriously excellent game. Estimates have it as a 24-30 hour game, but I haven't beaten it yet and it seems like it'd take much longer. But it has such a unique atmosphere.

Never heard of it before, but I love discovering new games on PS2. Unfortunately Supercar Challenge was a letdown of a purchase.

I don't know how they got the precious metal tiering so precise. Bronze was an entry level win, you had to work for silver, and only if you've truly mastered a skill can you hope to achieve gold. I don't know if they did hours of play testing or what.

yea, not too hard, I took a lot breaks. just wanted to share the pic, probably the only time I got one exactly

>cars cost alot unless you drop real money

Just grind the US Tour race in Michigan once you get to level 50, it's the best cash/time race in the game. Otherwise do the same thing (around the US perimeter) with the checkpoint sprint in events and you'll be like in the top 1% for that part and get easy Platinum for it,

TDU is easily my favorite sandbox driving game, was also one of the first games I got to play online and that shit blew my mind a decade ago. Never got around to playing TDU2 but I always heard it was bad, damn shame.

real life

Assetto Corsa. Hands down.

How did you get it to look so smooth and modern?

still probably my favorite car in a video game

Probably using shaders.

I enjoyed both. There were some shoehorned in social-bullshit in 2, but beside that it's more of the same.

It's well documented that physics were retarded in GT4. You couldn't get a car to oversteer and once you did it was way too easy to overcorrect because the tail had no momentum.

youtu.be/yPfCoHErp1c

>open diff
>proper donuts

What's the best PS4 driving game?

>Wasn't very good
It wasn't very released yet buddy

youtube.com/watch?v=kxCy80s8ylY

GOAT

> No one said pic related. Its like you all have been living under a roc.

youtu.be/ljPxfGfRldw

GT was great to collect cars. Enthusia had better phyisics by far.
Forza is superior tho.

Forza was a great game but Forza 2 had the worst advertising campaign ever. There was an ad in game informer that was like one of those fold out cologne sample ads. Instead of cologne it was burned rubber smell. It was disgusting. Nauseating even.

booOOOOOOO boOOOOOOO

>the worst advertising campaign ever.
That's actually pretty clever. And here you are talking about it all these years later. I'd say that's a damn good ad campaign.

This

i dont even normally play ps2 games on emulators, it always feels like theres a massive deadzone on the anologue sticks for some reason, and its hard to make sensitive adjustments whilst driving as you either dont turn at all, or youre full lock sliding everywere like a bogan in a commodore.

Actually that's a great point. Not great at judging advertising though. Around that same time there were 2 games coming out together and we had a betting pool at the store about which would be the better game. Two worlds and Bioshock. Lost $100 on two worlds.

Gran Turismo 2 had a similar thing, with the game discs having a smell of burnt rubber. It was very faint though IIRC (atleast faint enough not to get nausea)

Yeah. Great visuals for the Dreamcast, solid mechanics, nice variety of cars, and a /comfy/ as fuck soundtrack. Club Paris is pure euphoria.

youtube.com/watch?v=ugMRzPGNNkY

bought this game day 1 in circuit city damn the feels and the reason why i love edm music mostly trance/techno ...street racing all over the world thats the dream senpai

This was the best midnight club

Anyone ever play Days of Thunder?

It was enjoyably terrible.

WRONG

Am I the only one?

GT4 doesn't even simulate an open diff properly. If you're completely overwhelming the tires all that should happen is a peg leg burnout, not slow forward motion.

That game wasn't too bad. It got really fucking hard later on, but it was fun in places. Jet Car built by the USAF was the best IMO.

I never could get past the first part.

my fuckin' nigga

here you go

youtube.com/watch?v=e701QHyCr0o

Unrealistic: Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition Remix
Realistic: GT 2

Literal best game ever.

>they will never re-release NFSPU
why even live :(

GT did not simulate suspension and tires properly until 6 (and still doesn't have working camber). What separates 4 and 5 from the earlier ones, is that they didn't fudge with the physics to make things more responsive than what they really are. So everything understeers like shit until you really screw with the ride height/tire choice.

NBD IMO, GT4 is the best virtual matchbox car collection I ever had. Load times and lag hold back the PS3 GT's, and Horizon 1 and 2 come somewhat close, too.

What makes it better than other TXRs?

It's okay buddy, you can buy Need for Stance 2015.

Still bumping Felix da Housecat in my Car

Yes, but you will tend to use the wheel too much while driving in real life. Nevertheless I pass the driving exam in the first try

This

This

ahh fuck the feels, this was my jam as a 9 year old

Is that the announcer from Capcom VS SNK 2?

me too
S13 best starter

my setup