Kei Cars in America, When?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dbe0HQDq_z0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what is google

they don't meet DOT requirements

I'm talking straight out of my ass but I want someone to correct me

In a culture where bigger is better, never.

Besides, cheap gas and big cars is one of the Bread and circuses tricks to keep the population stupid.

You can already import certain Kei trucks, If I'm not mistaken you can import some cappuccinos and autozams.

Unless you asking for legal over the road new ones, then no, that will likely never happen.

Happening under your nose OP
youtube.com/watch?v=dbe0HQDq_z0
>car must be 25 years old to import law

Never, if trump has anything to do with it.

Trump has talked about bit about removing a lot of regulation from the automobile industry.

Aside from lack of demand, the main problem for kei cars in the US is passing safety tests.

Brand new Kei Cars can be imported as off road vehicles. For example, my state allows utvs and atvs to be used on roads and registered if your county allows it. More than a few midwesterners use Suzuki Carry's and equivalent mini trucks for farmwork etc as well. Several universities around the country use them for on campus service and maintenance.

I know a guy who does this for a living, he actually straight up uses loopholes in states that you can register and title them on road and then transfer them to other states once you have a title. He has clients that use some other Suzuki models in the lower states for postal work (imagine amazing MPG, 4WD, and storage). Despite what Jalopnik will tell you, you can title and ride modern kei cars without it getting impounded. The odds of getting it taken away are very slim and he's never had it happen to anyone.

The 25 year rule does allow any kei car of that age to be completely legally imported as a car and not just off road etc.

>he actually straight up uses loopholes in states that you can register and title them on road and then transfer them to other states once you have a title
My friend here in CA did this to get his 2 stroke (CA green sticker, no plate) YZ250 a vermont title

Actually saw this on Insta today

Trump is interested in protecting the american auto industry, removing import taxes and restrictions would not accomplish that.

This should go without saying, but the safety and environmental regulations he wants to remove from the automobile industry are not tariffs.

By the way, foreign car makers like Honda already make 99% of their US sold cars in the US. If Kei cars suddenly become in demand in the US, and safety standards are lowered again enough for Kei cars can pass, then you'll see them manufactured here.

Now.

A Cappuccino or Beat will cost $7-10k from an importer, possibly less if you import it yourself. I keep looking at this one Cappuccino, but I know it would go over terribly if I ever took it to work.

Ford Festiva?

You can't get any more Gay though, so what's the problem?

I couldn't care less how I look when I drive, it's more of a safety thing with the company president. I'd likely get myself fired if I ever showed up with a motorcycle, and I'm fairly certain Kei cars would get the same treatment.

A Festiva is not a kei car.

That's just a subcompact. Has to have a really small motor to be a kei car, less than or at 660cc in displacement

GF has a smart roadster, '04 (yurop)
Her dad has quite an impressive garage, so we've been thinking about slapping a k1600gt engine up in there
>1.65L I6
>90 twisties at 1500 rpm
Dis gon b gud.

Nice, I'm thinking about fucking Jennifer Lawrence. The only difference is that might actually happen, while a Eurotard who has never turned a wrench in his life in a country where changing air cleaners is illegal has a 0% chance of doing that swap.

What kind of job cares about what you drive?

Why would J-law have sex with a block of salt? Or more importantly, how?

>Trump has talked about bit about removing a lot of regulation from the automobile industry.

And about imposing tariffs to prop up American car manufacturers.

>Americans getting in Kei cars

Kek

>his boss cares about what you drive
ayy lmao

never, because Laquisha and Olivia need this 5000lbs SUV to get their kids to and from school safetly

>this level of amerifat asshurt

Lol

I own one in Australia :3

I would love to import an AZ-1, but I legit think I wouldn't be able to fit inside it. I can fit inside a miata just fine with the seat all the way to the front. can the aussie in the thread clarify if they are roomier then they look?

Yes but

This is the worst shit. Atleast some schools in my country started banning this "parental-taxi service", since parents would clog up the main roads with their pigfat SUV's while waiting for their little shits and with the child's health in mind before it becomes an obese hamplanet.