What was it's point?

What was it's point?

to make merica great egain

To appeal to rich bastards who thought they needed a truck.

Its the same shit with the Cadillac XLR.

The shitty is that anyone buying a high priced ford truck probably opt for a fully optioned out F250 or F350 instead.

To compete with the escalade and break into the relatively non-existent luxury truck market.

For what it cost Ford, I think it sold pretty well. Not like they spent any R&D, marketing, or factory costs.

Can someone Photoshop the Lincoln navigator into a pickup

>those wheels.

You mean the Escalade EXT? The XLR is a C6 Corvette with a Northstar.

I tried

Shit, I thought they stopped Lincoln trucks with the 2004-2008 f150

To compete with Escalade EXT and Sierra Denali.

It failed miserably, as did the Blackwood.

This is the truck that the owner of a business or a ranch would drive.

I was thinking a real short bed from this pillar back. like the explorer pick up turd they made

No I meant as comparison.

The XLR was the Corvette for bastards who didn't want to be caught driving a normal "Corvette"

This. Its for someone in a "work truck" industry that doesnt need to really work.

To trick Mexicans into paying $60,000 for an F150

Tow boats, PWCs, horses etc

Why the fuck would you want a Northstar over an LS? Explain it to me. The numbers don't add up and the reliability of them is not even comparable.

Yuropean sophistication

To make money.
>It costs $$ to give an f150 a minor face lift
>We'll make $$$$ from idiots who will pay extra for an f150 with a minor face lift.

sweg

OK, I thought you just put the wrong model. The XLR was more upmarket, didn't share any body or interior pieces like the trucks/SUVs.

Cadillac hasn't used an OHV engine in anything but the Escalade and CTS-V since the early '90s.

Correct. They still wanted to fit in with the truck guys, but they didn't want to give up their "one upmanship" option.

Lincoln changed the name of luxury with the Navigator. They tried it with the truck. Didn't go so well.

to make bottom tier scam artist contractors appear as though they are doing well

>concept

So you can look like a retard at the country club *and* on the ranch.

>What was it's point?
to make you upset

Would buy / 10

People wanted a luxury truck but too poor to get a f250.

>regular cab long bed
you tried too hard friend
>quad cab short bed
here we go, this is real success on the americuck market