Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/VX_Aeon/status/820438008797265921
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sniff goober gear

Reminder to support the amazing people at Arcsys by buying TWO characters for $60.

Is Millia good for beginners?

i wasnt going to but now i will

I wish Millia was my personal footsies trainer...

OP, what would you do without "sniffs"

It's going to be at a discount.

SFV is a good game

im gay

>goobers still post in /fgg/ even though their game is dead abd they probably play 1-2 matches a day

lmfao

What the fuck is up with that nose

if you play rushdown character you don't deserve my points

oy
vey

What's a rushdown character?

>tfw T7 is still not out
>tfw booting up my PS3 is too much of a hassle, and I don't want to leave the comfort of my pc
>tfw stuck playing T3, T5 and T6 via emulators
H-Harada p-please

Rushdown is high IQ.

the epitome of toxic gameplay, usually have a divekick and retarded normals on top of being fast and putting you in obnoxious 50/50 tick throws

Why didn't they just call it Street Fighter II Mugen Edition

a lot of jap celebs and media moguls are korean, so the oy vey joke made by random user could be a decent allegory to kikes and the west. That said, there's nothing wrong with juri's nose.

why is Balrog so excited about cammy's completely flat ass

what is your nickname at your locals?

people started to call me Slippy because my hands are always sweaty after I play a set and go to shake hands. as a precaution other players started fist bumping me instead to not feel my sweat which I don't mind but it stings just a little bit.

I kinda miss being relatively unnoticed and just called "that Dizzy player."

our guy does it again

put juri in tag 2 please....

they call be BBC Slayer because no black person has ever won against me

he's never seen a vertical buttcheek before.

they call me the scatman because I love eating shit

>juri fanart always makes her look 10x as ugly as she is in-game

>Alex is apparently the worst character
>I'm completely free to him
>and I'm a urien main (the most broken character since Ivan ooze apparently)

>he fell for the urien is good meme

Juri's in game model is actual among the best in the game, they really nailed her face which I'd something to marvel in SFV.

play king of fighters xiiii

But I wanna stop playing fighting games and fix my life

Fortunately for you those are mutually inclusive.

BB anyone?

How are Dante and Vergil good in umvc3?
Strong? Difficult?
I know virtually nothing about the game but want to get it just to play them.
Who could be a third with them?
Someone from Capcom preferably.

Pretty much

Zero/Dante/Vergil in that order, have fun.

You can use Trish for an all DMC team.

kek

Forgive my ignorance but how does the order matter?
The only tag game I played was Skullgirls.

I'm gonna do that

>playing Guile
>fight a Ryu
>he leaves after the first game (I lost)
>fight an Alex
>he leaves after the first game (I win)

do people really hate Guile that much

They probably hate your playstyle.

SONIC

SONIC

SONIC

I just woke up from a dream. Fated Retribution was finally being released. It has crossplay after all and the netcode was beautiful. SFV began sinking in numbers and soon it was second to Tekken 7. /fgg/ was finally having discussion about fighting games.

now why the FUCK is this allowed? at least make it so everyone can do stuff like this, not just Urien

twitter.com/VX_Aeon/status/820438008797265921

X-Facor. X-Facor lv3 Viogil is fucking dumb.

How else are they going to make money if they don't make the most expensive DLC character also the strongest?

>most expensive
does he not cost the same price as everyone else?

>/fgg/ was finally having discussion about fighting games
No way fag

yes

dw though, stick to it. butthurt fags would call me gimmicky and an asshole when i'd 5-0 them in UIV with Vega.

Technically yes but since he's the last released character of Season 1 and the amount of FM you can get by playing the game (outside of the meaasly 50 FM you get for playing online) is finite most people will have already used up all the FM from their sources by the time he was released.

>17 second combo
And you guys claim to play this game because anime games have 10 second combos.

Urien is not a street fighter character

This is the most stupid shit I've ever read.

Evil Ryu wasn't either?

Why is it stupid?
If it's so stupid then it should be pretty easy to prove me wrong.

The value of FM is tied to supply and demand. At the beginning FM was flowing because you could get it in so many ways, but as soon as these sources depleted and all the FM was spent on content that was released before Urien, the value of 100k FM at the end of 2016 was much much higher than the value of 100k FM at the beginning of 2016.

You do realize how impractical this is right? It requires perfect spacing and is scaled as fuck so its not even optimal

how many years does Ultra have to lay to rest till it is considered SF2 worthy of community resurrection?

Crouch tech fighter 4 is a better game than street fighter 5

Sad but true.

what does that have to do with anything

*Against a dummy that won't CC, and also comparing 60% dmg to 80% and beyond plus bullshit instakills.

Shit like that will never happen in a real match in SF.

Get out goober.

I really wish there was a "GG" option after a match.

Whenever I finish a game, win or lose, I like to say good game or GG to my opponent to show respect. I can understand why they wouldn't add a full chat system (because of the salt that tends to form from fighting games) however I think they should regardless. Player interaction is an important part in building a community, and in my opinion, "saving" players from toxicity is not a good trade-off. I think a simple GG button could work. Nothing that you can spam, just a one time use per match. This is entirely the decision of the company and shouldn't be a priority in comparison to some of the other problems that NEED fixing, however it should still be a goal for them to reach someday.

I like to throw a lot
I try to throw a decent amount of sonic booms
I can't anti-air for shit and drop combos all day

Not everyone was a day one player. Everyone knew who the characters were from the get go and weren't forced to get every single one of them, just like they weren't forced to get them day one before having any info on them. There were additional sources of FM added after launch. Basically you're making a lot of assumptions to try and justify your ridiculous statement, and it's just laughable.

they need to add cfn messages because i'm sick of finding people on psn to call them fucking faggots after sets. it gets even worse on steam when i have to add them as a friend just to tell them to kill themself.

no one could know Juri was going to be a piece of shit and Urien was going to be top tier gorilla

Good thing you don't have to pre-order characters.

calm down goober

dude shut the fuck up already, you're not smart

Goobers always crack me up.

casuals don't like zoning

Can someone tell me why every move Akuma does is +50? I only use Balrog and Bison and and yet everytime I try to punish ANY akuma player with a standing fucking jab (3 frame jab with Balrog), it can't do shit. Akuma is able to jump in the air, flip forward and slide on the ground without being punishable from a 3 frame jab. As soon as I get into the corner, he's able to keep me there unless I spend an EX meter, If I get more lucky than a lotto winner, I'm able to grab him or spend a v-gauge. At least with R Mika I was able to punish her in Season 1. But with Akuma, nothing is punishable (besides his DP and heavy tatsu).
Can anyone explain to me why I cannot punish anything akuma does with a STANDING 3 FRAME FUCKING JAB.
And don't tell me I need to "git gud kid". I barely play this game anymore because I can't enjoy it anymore when you've got bullshit like this. R Mika was obviously annoying in Season 1, but at least I can combat her. Even Urien can be annoying but I can combat him. Hell, even fucking Rashid and Laura are amazing now but I can combat them. I've had my fair share of wins and losses against them, but most of the time I would have fun. I can't have fun against akuma players. They keep me in the corner and I'm unable to escape without sacrificing my shit while they can just try their hardest to put me back into the corner. If you put akuma in the corner, he's able to fucking teleport out of the corner without spending any meter.
So again, can someone explain to me why Akuma is the most broken frame character in the game?
My rank: Super Gold (almost Ultra).

>tfw waiting patiently for Tekken 7 so I can finally drop Dizzy for Dragunov/Steve Fox and go back to primarily SF and Tekken

What is taking so fucking long

zoning is for pussy fags

u fokkin wot m8?

There's additional ways of getting FM now. Daily challenges, and you get a bunch of FM for buying a character (Since you can go through all their shit) etc.

I get what you're trying to say. That you can get only so much fight money but they keep adding content so if you've depleted your fight money you're up shaft creek. Which is why I appreciate the addition of 'daily' challenges.

It is honestly kind of a shit system. Most F2P models such as League for example give you a relatively stable 'income' of in game currency which allows you to invest time to purchase content if you so choose. Rather than frontloading.

It's not a great system but they seem to be trying to address it?

>complaining when playing top tier balrog
lol

brick told me zoning doesn't exist in SFV

i'm waiting for tekken x sf or sfxt 2

Who cares. He's fun. Who do you play?

I'm just bothered with Akuma's cr.hp being +3 on block, but it looks like -50 because of Akuma lingering with the arm extended for what seems to be an eternity. Such a misleading move.

Jesus christ what? Like all or almost all of Demon Flip's followups are beaten by crouch blocking.

The gay slide thing is punishable as all christ like, for absolute certainty. Are you sure you aren't getting buggered by lag or something? Because you should be able to punish loads of stuff with a 3f jab. Sounds like something's off with your timings or input delay or some other nonsense.

I'm waiting for Rev 2 and Tekken 7 so I can drop Alex for Leo and Venom.

Guile can do it to Ryu

Ryu because I play Street Fighter and he is the most pure character.

>Leo
barely even a tekken character. Stick to airdashers you faggot weeb.

mfw a 09er diaper tries to teach me about street fighter

Nope, the palm followup hits overhead and the sweep is actually only -2

>Honest as fuck character
>barely tekken

Don't try to pass for a Tekken player, Capcom orphan.

-2 is plenty to punish with a 3f jab

>Honest
this meme needs to end

What if Ryu had better denjin setups and a better fireball? Don't try and take away some of the only fun SFV has. Make everyone else fun so you could inflict your bullshit on him.

Fuck making everything weak.

Also this posting unrelated 3dpd meme has to stop.

>yfw Capcom says they will put out a small patch before the CPT and they buff Urien

Street Fighter is supposed to be slow and honest and based on fundamentals.

You just want Yun and Decapre and Rolento and El Fuerte back.
They are not Street Fighter.

fuck off kike

lol what, do you understand what punish means

I gotta be straight with you
Street Fighter has not been about "honest" gameplay ever since ST