steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?538081-Bayonets
youtube.com/watch?v=kgCo_ewGktA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pls respond

>no history tw game for several years
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH /TWG/

THE AIR WAS FILLED WITH SMOKE AND BLOOD

I just sacked and captured this little place

New BOTET update when.

Just need to change one little thing

>settling in Italy
LMAOing at your life desu senpai

Ahhhh, much better

>not wanting to live in the eternal city

oh and one more thing
gotta integrate, y'know

>wanting to be surrounded by a sea of barbars and nomads

>rome

I love you

but user, i AM the barbar

which is why you should conquer some place far away from your fellows and become civilized

rest in piss

Rejoice! For a Knight of Bretonnia provides your shield.

What better place than the heart of classical civilization?
What better place to spring forth to "liberate and civilize" the world?

in all seriousness I find migrating to the middle east pretty fun, since you normally don't get to fight sandpeople as barbars at all, my Saxon campaign in which I moved to Caucasus was really fun

>Want to play Empire/Napoopan and bayonet shit
>Empire is buggy as shit, braindead AI
>Napoopan has horrible ear rape noise bug
>No bayonets in FOTS

Being a bayonet fan is suffering.

modded empire is decent desu

There's a mod to add bayonets for FOTS
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?538081-Bayonets

so lads do i go take africa for myself or do i help my (only) ally syracuse take it by sacking and raiding?

>Daimyo cut off behind enemy lines and surrounded
>fights off Hattori army with 2000 more men
>my turn comes
>Enemy ninja detected!
>whatever
>can't move my Daimyo to my navy waiting at the coast to escape
>can't move him anywhere
>what the fuck?
>notice enemy ninja inside my Daimyo
>can't do anything
>can't even take my own 6 star ninja out just to kill him

WHAT DO

So it's nearing the end of turn one for me, and I spent all my money on mercs to crush the quadians and the caledoneans, and now I'm wondering what to do next. Gonna try to hold every scrap of roman clay, but where should I send my spain/africa armies? Should I try a similar strategy next turn with the alamans and marcomans with the money I'll get from the church demolition?

I dont want to meagerly defend, I want to try to eliminate as many enemies as possible as fast as possible. Any tips?

>date
lmao eat poo

>Changing Roma to Rome
Disgusting english-speaking pig

>Should I try a similar strategy next turn with the alamans and marcomans with the money I'll get from the church demolition?
yes, destroy both of them, also finish of ebdanians and picts too

user pls

Africa is surprisingly peaceful, and the ERE should be strong enough to hold the eastern border for you. Just focus on your northern borders for now, trying to catch hordes before they break through to your lands and start raiding.

Britain is the raping ground of Europe, so expect it to fall fairly quickly, despite your best efforts. Holding the German border is more important than sending spare legions up to bully Celts.

How do you even get behind enemy lines without capturing castles in S2? The terrain between settlements is always a corridor, two corridors on both sides of mountains when it's really wide

nice

german/10

absolutely disgusting

how do I make these into one image for easy posting?

>I dont want to meagerly defend, I want to try to eliminate as many enemies as possible as fast as possible.

godspeed user - Fortuna audaces iuvat

Someone tell me what the fuck is going on here

I originally took them, but on my way out they took them right back with full stacks.

I would just reload a save, but on my last turn I got a heroic victory on the Northeastern Hojo province that I'm not sure I can duplicate.

Huh. I didn't know Burning Man was held that far back in history.

Back in the good ol days it was an actual man

>FOTS has spear levy
>but now bow levy
Pretty bullshit, Bow Kachi are expensive as fuck.
I'd use time warp but it clogs up the UI so much with all the extra units that aren't always necessary or are sometimes worse than the FOTS counterpart. eg Yari Ashigaru. iirc they were the same price as spear levy but shittier in every way. Spear wall isn't exactly useful when almost every enemy has a rifle

That's the point, user. Kyudo and kyujutsu became skills that only the most dedicated practitioners kept alive. There are no yumi levy because there weren't enough bows or people that knew how to use them.

shied

who needs bows when you can recruit yari ki with 75 charge bonus?

How do I design an anti-horsefucker army?

Who are you playing as in which game?

What game are you playing/what faction are you/what strain of horsefuckery are you up against?

Visigoths
Attila, Visigoths, Huns

use spearmen and defend bridges

For Attila? Heavy spear units with good missle block chance

Let the horsefuckers waste their arrows on you and then they'll charge sooner or later

modern army BTFO

Germanic spearmasters, elite germanic archers (flaming shot), noble germanic cavalry, one raider/vanguard deployable cav to go kill the hunnic large onagers, some sort of melee inf for the uars, and a large onager of your own to force them to come to you. Utilize the range advantage of the elite archers and focus fire their bow cav. Protect your archers with your spears, be sure to put them in spear wall or turn off fire at will to make sure they brace vs hun cav. Try to find somewhere to hide a cav unit so that you can save your army from the large onagers (armstrong guns) that hun doomstacks always bring

t. crassus

So I've just finished successfully defending Camulodunun and now I've got 37k in the bank and a lot more enemies to kill, but I'm gonna sleep now because it's almost 4:00AM and I've lost control of my life.

I shall update when I next play. Wish me luck /twg/

>BTFO
>Pyrrhic victory
Oh I am laffin

Why didn't the samurai all just wear bulletproof armor?

But user what about the canons?

>samurai
>having access to armour thick enough to stop 19th century firearms

I fucking love light peltasts

If only the Samurai used superior Japanese katakana's.

Then they could have cut the bullets in half and wouldn't have to worry about armor!

>he has so little fate in his fighting skill he would rather dishonour himself wearing protection against ranged warfare

kommit your sudoku my friend

Samurai are shitters who got beat up by drunk Portuguese seamen.

Pretty sure they weren't in conflict with the portuguese

I'm talking about one incident that happened once, when some Portuguese got up to no good in a bad neighborhood and the Samurai didn't much enjoy it.

>start a fots campaign
>browse through factions
>check sendai
>faction bonus: "Putting your pillow in the freezer is more efficient than flipping it over to get the cool side."

What the fuck?

what?

Roma Invicta
Kill em fast because each one that falls will have another ready to take up it's fight

Those icons look a lot better than the originals

I'm as confused as you are. Sorry for the awful resolution and tiny text but that's how it appears in-game.

I unironically prefer vanilla unit cards to the ones from any and all r2 mods. I have no idea why everyone hated them so much

>western nations in FotS are tied to your faction, with the US reserved for Imperials and France for the Shogunate

Does this mean I can pick an Imperial faction, switch allegiance, and get a French port?

possibly, but you will take a large honour hit, -1 honour to stitch to shogunate and -1 more to switch back

which is a shame because french unit and ship are the best

I finished my first Shogun 2 playthrough yesterday, what do the katanas symbolize?

Edo and Kyoto, the city of the Shogun and the Emperor respectively.

The sword is the soul of the samurai

Your favorite mods for Attila? Radious is shit.

Ok ty. Don't know much Jap history besides Oda.

kek, what the actual fuck?
That never happened to me but whatever you're doing, keep doing it!

atleast try it before you spout shit like "radious is shit"

its not half as bad as everyone here is making it out to be, you dont get the most popular mod EVER by being bad.

>you dont get the most popular mod EVER by being bad

You do though.

I've played 60 hours with Radious. I don't really like it. I'm wondering if there's any better ones. There's a lot more good mods for any other TW game.

>Bought Warhammer during winter sale
>having fun apart from having to deal with the massive Wood Elf Empire in every campaign
>Battles play smooth even with "high" graphical settings
>Mfw every loading screen takes 2-3 minutes for some reason

At least it gives me a reason to get up and do a little exercise before and after every battle.

>every loading screen takes 2-3 minutes for some reason
Get a SSD, very much worth it!

this finna look like its gonna be real fun

Get the no wood elf confederation mod, they're gonna fix it in the next patch but that's a bit off. And as it is now the wood elves are basically end times 2.0 with how they expand.

Also as the other user said, a ssd will help you out with the loading times. I went from 2 minutes to 30 ish seconds with an ssd.

ayooo

ahhh warhammer.....the eternal total war game...

Are you playing with some mods?

>as it is now the wood elves are basically end times 2.0 with how they expand.

tbqh I kinda enjoy it.

The Chaos invasion isn't nearly threatening enough, hell in basically all Empire and Vampire campaigns it's entirely possible to have 4 stacks sitting in ambush stance by Praag by the point it spawns and blow them all the fuck out with no effort.

Ironically the Chaos invasion is only actually scary when you're playing as Chaos yourself.

Warhammer is a piece of shit game made by kikes as the ultimate cash cow combo and is played and funded by retards

wew

>funded by retards
guilty!

It's pretty shit if you want some challenge. It's popular because of casuals.

That repressed anger.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgCo_ewGktA

What mods do I get for Attila for maximum Attila horsefucking?

FOTE?

>funded by retards
b-but I bought it too

>warhammer franchise funded by retards

who'd have thought a monty python/grimdark tongue in cheek fantasy setting would attract such support.

Are there any good campaign AI mods for FOTS?
Getting spammed by fullstacks and being constantly declared war on gets really exhausting.