/wpsg/ - WoW Private Servers General

Vanilla:
Crestfall is still in development. Something of a Corecraft-esque project in terms of release date predictions, but they don't seem to want to pay quite as much attention to detail as CC, and they're a bit more vocal about development (but not open source.)

TBC:
Hellground: its coming back! The devs are wiping the old character database, adding back attunements, modifying raid content a little bit and releasing a progressive version of the server. This is the only chance we will get to play progressive TBC in a while on a server that isn't completely shit or P2W, and its likely there will be a new Veeky Forums guild there, too. Website: hellground.net.

Atlantiss: the Cata server (atlantiss.eu) is developing a TBC server called Netherwing. Some say its promising, but since the testing so far is closed, its difficult to say. This project will also be progressive.

Gummycraft (aka. Burning Crusade and Valiance WoW):
Gummy's advertising campaign for the server has been going well and its gaining traction amongst ledditors and the like. This one isn't progressive. Its also going to be hosted on the US (or in America at least, apparently) and uses questionable advertising techniques, bashing other servers and other devs as well as claiming credit for work they didn't do with a lot of technical mumbojumbo to make it all sound very impressive to the ignorant. Quality-wise looks alright. But we all know about Gummy's moodswings. Website: burning-crusade.com.

WOTLK:
Sunwell.pl, the Polish server known for their TrinityCore fork Sunwell Core, released their server again recently, apparently assisted by some Theatre of Dreams devs or at least their administration (or maybe they just jumped ship.) Its progressive and they've just released, Naxxramas and T5 were not immediately released but will come in about a week. The server now has an English speaking website, but is still heavily Polish.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.hellground.net/topic/49173-third-poll
wow-hellground.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=drJWxMLrpE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A
FUCKING
IMP

Wew, that serious discussion about vanilla warlock leveling got me all fired up.

What's a good server to fuck around on while we wait for gummycraft?

Siphon life is a good spell and you should use it

hellground wwu

If you really want to trigger me, start a discussion about soul shards.

God, I hate soul shards.

nice server name you got there

Yes, those autistic americans have no imagination. Hellground is the best name i have ever heard. The name alone gets you hyped up!

Isn't a server name like Burning Crusade (R) grounds to get your ass DMCA'd?

yup, the dumbass is also planning to host it in NA.

How shit is enh sham during heroics, t4, t5?

Pretty shit

mediocore dps, epic tier utility, 1 is mandatory to each raid, 2 for specific setups

>Epic tier utility
Enjoy getting benched for hunters

Enhancement in melee group is the #2 raid DPS spec in the game (#1 being the first shadow priest) and if you run a dedicated hunter group or are an absolute madman running two melee groups, you'll definitely want to take a second. Their personal DPS is also quite respectable (middle of the pack), not that it's the metric you should be looking at.

As far as 5-mans go, enhancement is a bit iffy. If you were running a melee-stacked group they'll again be the greatest party DPS contributors just like in raid melee group but in low-end gear you might want crowd control which melee specs tend not to offer so, while it's not the worst spec (nothing's stopping you from putting down wrath of air totem and giving lust to mages and locks: enha in caster party is worth more than a rogue or warrior for example would be), you don't get full mileage out of the spec and the bursty nature of windfury is a bit annoying when mobs die quickly and gracetime required to be 100% safe from overaggro is quite significant in relation to combat length (at least when warrior tanks are concerned, with ferals and pallies it's less of an issue).

Who wants to be me dedicated ignite slut for HG?

t. gonna raid as a pvp specced fire destro

what is this t. meme

You can be my CoE bitch

t. is shortened terveisin which means regards in Finnish

t. spoonfeeder pro

I don't take malediction, I ain't bottom :^)

It's short for "terveisin" ("regards" in Finnish) and has become an ebin imageboard meme as of late. Have you really not seen it elsewhere?

t. knower

>as of late.
It's been around on both Finngol chans and international chans for a very long time

it's like med vänlig hälsning (MVH)

I am serious though, we're gonna roll Fire Destro + Fire mage 2v2s and be ebin memesters.

Also, can you name your character vabaduce and pretend to be dutch? Thank you.

why would I want to play pretend?

To please you Dom, of course.

thanks friends!

As for the question of seeing it around, i've been seeing it around and based on context i'd assumed what it meant but had no clue what "t." meant, or why every other post in /wpsg/ was signed with it.

i wouldn't have had this problem if i was still friends with Hiivasiena

ded

hellground /when/

28/1 or 4/2

God help me I am downloading the client.

I must rice my UI before the server comes out.

>needing addons on a 20 year old game

That's so fucking far away my mongolic nigga

>not using backported elvui

Nigga, who do you think I am?

I write my own minimal UIs from scratch because I am a LUA God and professional GNU/Linux desktop ricer.

I will have a cute anime girl appear on the screen every time I crit with soul fire.

where can I buy wow keyboard

ebay maybe

Haha, bitch ass nigga, I riced my Gentoo before you were even born. I am so good LUA I practically see LUA in the fabric of the universe. Not only that but I don't even use spellbars in my own minimalistic hentai creations because I know my bindings like my dick knows your mom's ass.

> forums.hellground.net/topic/49173-third-poll

new poll lads. Remember to vote for 2x 1-60 1x 60-70.

Oh yeah, well I have implemented my own Terminal emulator in Lua and only interface with the game through WoW API calls.

I can type /run CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt(Rank 11)") so fast, your momma wishes my Cherry Blue mechanical keyboard was her clitoris.

Forgot season 1 didn't have rating requirements desu

NO. I'd rather have it other way around

benis :D

I wanted to make a joke about your mom's clit and my Thinkpad Trackpoint, but that would be dumb because nobody types on their Trackpoint(tm) style pointer.

Why?

Dude I created my own spellbot that is basically a LUA creation so complex and so undetectable your head would explode if I ever showed you it. It's so perfect ut can pull 5k dps in t5 as mage ez. It's so perfect that your mom was impregnated with you the moment she saw it.

vanilla levels don't ever make me feel like kyssing, because they don't more than 4h

You're not very funny.

IMO outlands is more about seeing all the content. At 2x you can easily skip 2 zones completely.

Yes, when I leveled on HG i hit 70 with about 30% of nethwerstorm done and SMV completely untouched

wow now i'm 100% sold

It's breddy good though because you're left with all dem quests for jewgolds

wow-hellground.com/
username: Administrator
pw: password

r u a hacker

yes

man i love how dodgy absolutely fucking destroyed any credibility he had by buying gold and how he has handled the damage control
bravo you fucking clicking retard

This is a good point, then you still lots of Q's to do at 70 between dungeons and BGs.

And i guess most people won't mind skipping BEM.

le hackerman face

youtube.com/watch?v=drJWxMLrpE0

>skip 2 zones completely.
gladly skip horrible zones like smv and half of terrorak/blades edge

I actually kinda like blade's edge. Terokkar is worst zone; it is so depressing.

Half of Terokkar is great. Tranquil forest with beautiful light shafts and some questing locations (Cenarion Thicket, the blood elf place etc) are really efficient. Bone Wastes admittedly is pretty shit on all accounts, though.

Zangar is best by a landslide, the absolute comfiest part of the game.

mop warrior is FUN

my nigga, zangar is the best

Rate my model editing skills.

Now I have to edit some cache files to have him show up as "Kushmonster" instead of "Infernal".

u just got doxxed kiddo lmao.

Fugg, I'm going to get my keepass database hacked now.

RIP neighbor's wifi.

How is charging on hellshit?

Shit
But on Dalaran-Wow it's not

>dalaran-undeadstartingzone.webm

Ha, got em!

Who got what?

Elysium will shutdown in one month. We'll all be 70 while all the elysiumcucks come crawling to hellground.
screenshot this

>wanting that cancerous general's redditbabbies on poleground

i dun want em

I really like this picture

It will probably be fucking fantastic, but /wpsg/ is hating it because of Hellground.

It's a pointless server because we will soon have access to a 100% flawless server with true hardcore progression

>2x 1-70
Damned Poles

it's high tier on hellground because totems and totem talents are positively bugged

Part of me is happy about it because i'm going to try to get some friends into wow who have never played and i don't think they would be able to make it to 70 at 1x without quitting.

Oh god why is that nost general so fucking shit?

>Guild wars (not the MMO)
>constant HURR KEK BULL spam
>faggotry
>LOOK AT ME I PLAY A FEM NELF
>low tier garbage being posted 24/7

its filled with this generation ADHD redditors

Is there gonna be any cute RPers on hellground? :3

which comes first? half life 3 or official blizzard legacy servers?

Blizzard in its arrogance will never release legacy servers, because to them it seems like admission of a mistake and that the newer expansions are worse than earlier iterations of games. What I can foresee them doing is reboot of the game with all the plethora of design mistakes, abortions and unwanted bullshit like all the queues, botched stats, botched questlines, retarded class changes, retarded talent trees, limitless gold and especially stupid raid easy/normal/hardmore system.

Too many people, I think. So it devolves into who can grab more attention. Kronos general wasn't even as bad.

Yea, make sure to go horde.

>because to them it seems like admission of a mistake and that the newer expansions are worse than earlier iterations of games.
This is probably one giant myth and always has been. A company looks out for profits. That's it. They probably are being genuine when they say they would make it happen if it were easy, but they probably don't feel like the money invested in basically making a new game would rake in enough money. Mind you, people can continue to play free private servers and you'd need to pay for Blizzard legacy servers. They're probably skeptical on just how many people would actually pay for it when no one has been for years. A company being too proud to make profits is seriously some of the silliest shit.

Why even want legacy when we'll soon have hellground

>This is probably one giant myth and always has been

Dunno, but they are humans too and some of them have worked on WoW for (probably) most of their professional life. It's easy to get defensive and defiant as fuck when people criticize, even if you're employed in a corporation.

>A company being too proud to make profits is seriously some of the silliest shit.

Just like Games Workshop (WE DON'T DO MARKET RESEARCH), don't you think?

I am. I want my cute blood elf girl to get split in half by enormous Tauren dick.

I honestly don't even entertain the idea because of the state Blizzard is in as a company.

Presumably they would be like Diablo 1 """"""""""remake"""""""""" in D3 (ie. D3 map generator with D3 enemies with D3 tiles with D3 classes with D3 items with pixelation filter)

PAGE10

DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE MOTHERFUCKER DIE

It's not just that, blizzard knows for a fact that legacy servers would not be profitable.

Releasing legacy servers would be equivalent to releasing a second MMO that directly competes with the current one.

Why the fuck would they want to compete with their own product?

The only way to make it profitable is to make people pay TWO subscription fees, one for legacy and one for retail.

Is it better to roll as PvE frost as 70 and make myself frozen shadoweave or roll as fire, OOM constantly but have spellweave set?

Roll fire and be my ignite bitch, I love you long time.