/ORG/ - Off Road General

>Suburban Master Race Edition

ITT:
Sliding off perfectly straight roads
Trying to climb a hill in your 2WD S10
Pretending IFS is best because you don't "need" SFA
Shitposting general

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=suburban&sort=date&hasPic=1&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=451&nearbyArea=349&nearbyArea=249&nearbyArea=561&nearbyArea=167&nearbyArea=250&nearbyArea=168&nearbyArea=170&nearbyArea=354&nearbyArea=17&nearbyArea=356&nearbyArea=278&nearbyArea=276&nearbyArea=286&nearbyArea=173&auto_make_model=suburban
newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5979584749.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Collecting parts edition?

Toyota a shit.

Guys. My CD clutch is burning out and slipping when I play it at high speeds. Pic related.
I see some scratches. Is it salvagable or do I have to get a new CD clutch? Checked the master cylinder and it looks fine.

What would be a better offroad adventure/tow pig/org/?

A 2012 f250 4x4 diesel
Or
a 2003 f250 4x4 diesel

Both would be crew cab short beds.

I'd personally go for the 03 if it's 7.3 or the 2012 if the 03 is 6.0. The 6.0 was just poorly designed.

Is this replacing an existing rig or are you looking for a starter?

Replacing a junker 97 chevy k1500. Tired of doing things to this shit. I'm a diesel mechanic so I'm more inclined to the older 7.3 because emissions. But the 2012 has the new 6.7l which seems to be doing good.

my friend is going to buy a used suburban next month because he heard you can fit 4'x8' in the trunk.. what's the best model/year for under $4k?

if you feel like searching: newyork.craigslist.org/search/cto?query=suburban&sort=date&hasPic=1&searchNearby=2&nearbyArea=451&nearbyArea=349&nearbyArea=249&nearbyArea=561&nearbyArea=167&nearbyArea=250&nearbyArea=168&nearbyArea=170&nearbyArea=354&nearbyArea=17&nearbyArea=356&nearbyArea=278&nearbyArea=276&nearbyArea=286&nearbyArea=173&auto_make_model=suburban

Should've started with a 3/4 ton as those old GMs can be great, but the Super Duty is a great platform as well so you should be happy with it. If you're a diesel mechanic then I assume you'll be working on it yourself? Make it easy on yourself and get the 7.3. There's plenty you can do to it to help with power if need be.

newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5979584749.html
3/4 ton is a huge plus for stronger trans and rear end.

7.4l is great for a ton of torque with potential for a fuckton of power with heads, cam, and tune.

96+ is great for the Vortec engines which have more power and are better on gas.

Another Burb master race thread?
Wasn't that the last thread?

>tfw no floods
:^(

No, last one was shitposting meme edition, and now there's another one.

Cavy make it out in the picture. What did the nigger write on the wall?

Cant*

Dont know what the fuck my fingers were doing

Last year I helped a friend put together a fairly traditional mud buggy using an old VW frame, v6 and lots of pick and pull parts, it was fun.

I was thinking this year of doing something like that myself, but are you limited to just the bug frame? Assuming you don't want to fab anything.

I have a Jeep xj with the 5.2, could you possibly chop that all up and into a buggy format? I've seen chop tops that look kind of neat.

What other frames can you use for something like this? Pretty much just looking for a summer project to be honest.

>What does the graffiti say?
You don't want to know. This is apparently where the edgy teenagers come to hang and act out against the "System"