/ORG/:

Welcome to /ORG/: birb hunting edition.

Snowrolling and trail hunting season is upon us. The January temperate weather is cooling down again and we're getting back into
S N O W R O L L I N G trails.

>post comfy rigs
>post jacked southern rigs
>post overlanding adventures
>post ways to say safe on the trails
>post crow hunting tips

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ptGyOmcFpio
youtube.com/watch?v=P2PKb9sdUWE
chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/5959471162.html
youtube.com/watch?v=P8zX5XHs064
youtube.com/watch?v=7YpajtwZFQU
youtube.com/watch?v=WsWIQxrx1lg
youtube.com/watch?v=Zm5x-RcVzYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>post crow hunting tips
Do crows even taste good?

>Tacofag made waffies edition

Can you use a waffle iron out of your trucc battery?

If I put an inverter, then yes

Thanks for the idea

DO IT PHAGGIT

I like this /org/ better. There's no hate except for the crows

There's also no OR. It's like /b/ contained to a thread within Veeky Forums

Guys. My CD clutch is burning out and slipping when I play it at high speeds. Pic related.
I see some scratches. Is it salvagable or do I have to get a new CD clutch? Checked the master cylinder and it looks fine.

It's not like we don't talk about off-roading. It's just not an exclusive topic to these threads, so there's a bit of filler

A bit of filler is fine but this seems to be more dedicated to filler.

crowposting general
niceposting general

we don't get angry until someone comes in here with an IFS with 6inches of ground clearance and tries to show off

Bruh. Have you ever been to offroad discussion meetups at coffeehouses or gasbars before? Depending on the season or the location, offroading can take up around 10-25% of the time.

On the actual public forums, a similar thing happens because anyone who can afford the rigs for technical paths normally spend their time at work paying for their hobbies or other things with their lives.

/ORG/ itself is filled with just a general group of regulars who talk aout lives and are waiting for winter to end so they can meet up. Then they answer the 1 in 10 posts where anons come in and ask a legitimate question then leave. That never happens on dedicated offroad forums as often as it does here.

I will agree there is filler. But keep in mind that relatively, there is not as much filler as normie offroad groups during their downtime.

Plus at least these fillers generate useful memes (someone post that copypasta of the samurai angre bost)

Pls don't summon dat trypfag.

>waiting for winter to end so they can meet up.
So this thread is for jeepfag normies rather than people pumped up for snow wheeling?

Also these threads would be boring as hell if it was all just jacking off over ARB armor and Dana solid axles

In my defense, I've been posting my off-road trips here (because I don't get snow)

Actually. Jeepfag normies are a huge minority here for some reason.

It's just that people are seeming to be free more in March / April than right now. I can snow wheel (we call that S N O W R O L L I N G) in the winter but not really many people like to join.

Mind you, I snowroll mainly out of utility at this point to get to un-maintained farmhouse road of my clientèle and for icefishing. But a lot of the normiefags don't like to crush snow for some raisin ):

>the sound of virgin snow being crushed by my duratracs
>using my bumper to push a young pine tree and having snow fall on my windshield
>piling up snow on my ext. cab up to 1ft tall to serve as insulation as I sleep in my cab until day break
>driving through the snowstorm up north with chains and being the only one on the road that has any grip and can go above 60 safely
>towing people out of ditches and them give me 10-20 dollars for my "trouble
>augering the lake to determine ice safety
>driving 50 on a frozen lake with a friend on skis hanging onto the back of my tailgate
Fuck I wish it wasn't 0degrees right now...

jeepfag reporting in

>check catalog
>see 2 /org/

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You my favorite jeepfag

You chose the right /org/ friend!

Technically there are three. The old /ORG/ hasn't bumped to limit yet - only image limit.

Remember that time we had two /ORG/s, the old bumped out /ORG/, and the /ogr/: dirt edition thread?

You're cool. Thanks for editting the name of that image to suit the situation!

flex life

fuuug the civil war continues

burbanfags vs yotafags

when will the casualties be enough? End the brutalities. THINK OF THE GAY FROGS!

goddamit you're right there is 3

inb4 this shit gets out of hand and we end up with 50 /ORG/

Veeky Forums master takeover when?

I really should disconnect my sway bar next time before seeing my flex :v

I like Burbs tho. I grew up with my parents driving an old '98 with god-tier barn-doors in the rear

You have disgraced your family.

>leave org for a few days
>niceposting is kill

Well it was nice while it lasted

Well we had a '98 Suburban and a '92 Toyota SR5 Pickup. My dad liked the pickup because he never had to do more than basic maintainence and the damn thing never quit.

So no.

Hek off

I'll give you some NICEPOSTING
welcome back friend how much offloading did you do?

pls no bully

YOU WANT NICEPOSTING HUH????

How's your evening going, man? Welcome to the new /org/ thread

Bullying isnt niceposting, don't worry friendo!

ILL SHOW YOU SOME.....
very nice posting
why did you leave for a few days user we where worried sick about you.

> I'll give you some nice posting

IS THIS POSTING NOT NICE ENOUGH FOR YOU

We were a family, now look what we've become :(

We're nice here I promise

I SAID WE ARE NICE!!!

o-okay

AHHHH THE 2Ds ARE INFILTRATING US

WHERE ARE THE 3D WAIFUS!!??!

we have become...

I'm here. I'm here.

I can take the field path home between powerlines but only if I get off work at 1am on the weekends. Otherwise, it attracts too much attention.

Apparently Veeky Forums doesn't allow sounds in .webm files so here you go:

I am the 3D waifu

This is awesome I'm saving this

That's not very Ka-why-yee of you, Crownon

I remember that bost, tacofag. He wasn't talking about your vehicle. Nice try tho

Bretty good muh man. I love Veeky Forums at 3am.

y the fog am i up rite now

Wait, it wasn't? What was he talking about then?

Now I;m sad

youtube.com/watch?v=ptGyOmcFpio

chicken BTFO

Is that a Ranger pepe!?

>tayposting irl

How's everyone doing this weekend? Late to the party as I spent this weekend swapping out the Trans in my LTD to a T5.

Feels good to have it start up again after 2.5 years! I'm kicking myself though for having it sit for so long though. Had to clean out the dead mice, and the windshield started leaking at some point. Once the interior thawed out, the passenger side was wet, and the questionable water mixing in with dead mice means the interior smells like rotting aids.

Hey amigo!
Saw your post and pulled up Craigslist looking for YJs again. I may need help...

Haha just saved this

>Tay IRL
Where are you? A corn field?

>Detroit meet to wire up dual batteries when?

All I need is a bit of notice to let work know, a full tank of diesel, and the time to swap out my wheels for my AT KOs with pathetic amount of tread life!

Not sure on my electrical system yet... It's complicated haha.

youtube.com/watch?v=P2PKb9sdUWE

>tfw no grant moni to buy cheap offroadan suzuki/geo shitbox
fugg learning

>my sides

>implying the stuff that plumbs houses isn't gud enough for a snorkel
PVC STRONK

I guarantee you this will be the funnest thing you will ever drive.
I'd also recommend tying the exhaust up a few inches.

>$900
surely kidneys are worth about that much, right? chambersburg.craigslist.org/cto/5959471162.html

>spending nearly 1,000 to own a geo whom the previous owner drilled a hole in the fender

I hope you're only going to meet him so you can shoot him.

>not wanting additional engine bay ventilation for high-intensity wheelan
birb pls

good thing he shows you how easily it gets high centered to let everyone know they shouldn't buy it.

>where were you
There's this grass path with a deep valley that I can take to get to my work if no one is around. We got a minor amount of snow and there was less traction today so I could do doughnuts without pissing off the field workers in the morning.

Not an argument. It's a fucking Geo Tracker - you shouldn't be doing intense rock climbing with it.
.... thought with this Geo, it really doesn't matter.

Can we appreciate that this guy probably bought a snorkel interior kit but decided to not buy the exterior kit? It has the two holes needed for mounting the snorkel rail. So at least he knows what not to cheap out on. I just wonder why he drilled the second hole in the first place.

Maybe he had two snorkels in the past for some reason.

>ded mice smell
Coffee grinds. baking soda. and more coffee grinds.
This is how I get rid of the musty smell in my old leaking Colorado. It's also how I completely remove the smell of cigars from my truck after we do a tobacco hotbox during camping. I have also used coffee grinds to soak up chemical spills at work. That shit's magical.

My fabricator actually has a coffee shoppe right beside me so I have gotten kilogrammes of fucking coffee grinds and shit for free. Dump the coffee grinds (medium grinds) everywhere on the seats, floor, panels, etc. Wait a day and just vacuum them up.

Then leave baking soda with some rubbing alcohol to kill off the decaying shits.
Repeat with coffee grinds until necessary.

Just buy a samurai you dumb faggot
you can get one in decent condintion for like 2k you retarded poorfag
they have huge aftermarket support so you can mod it from there kys i hate you

WHICH /ORG/ DO I POST IN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Do stutted tires actually help in the winter or is it too late?

This is the right one

Studded tires work well if you have heavier snows with a lot of ice, and if you're still getting snow, I'd say go for it.

other /ORG/ is no where near as DANK as this one.

Hella

why so mad user

Such anger :O

Uhm, i am here for the first time, and is it okay to ask a question on sort of off roading or do you guys do other things in here?

wtf are you some sort of autist
yes ask the question and if we don't like it we'll pelt you with image macros or just not respond

yeeeee famski ask away

we do all the things

Okay, i am a poor nigger living by the polar circle in a sad ass FWD wagon and i've been fucking close to getting stuck in the snow a few times now. For just tackling snow, what should i do? driving style? fatter tires? Something else

And yes, i know i should have a proper vehicle for this but i am poor as fuck. Thanks

its mostly other things
such as patiently waiting for a certain poster to post his butthole

SNOW TIRES MOST IMPORTANT, IF YOU ARE RUNNING SHIT ALL SEASONS OR SUMMERS YOU WILL BE GETTING STUCK

ALSO

>FWD
>/ORG/
>EVER

HMMMMMMMM

KEKEKEK

if youre poor as fuck, watch some videos about snow driving and maybe get a set of chains if you can afford it.
throwing some random shit in the back of your wagon for better weight distribution will help quite a bit as well.

I have good winters, no studs mind, but that wont make much difference in snow i figured

have done, and will do. Thanks man

Tell us what you drive, and what rubber its on

Tyre chains. They're like $50 bucks new.

If you're near the polar circle, that's the best thing you can have for your vehicles other than a powerwasher.

Be nice, user. He's a meek guy who wants his question answered

otay... maybe not that nice.

Pic related. Non-studded Nokian Hakkapelitta or however the fuck you spell that

yeah, probs have to get those

>noodles are cheaper than a tow truck

Dimensions of the tires?

Where are you driving on Hakkas that you're almost getting stuck?

put some bags of cement or bags of sand in the back of that thing should help out.

>hacca
>gief da hacc some chains
And sorry - I meant that used chains are $50. New ones should be $100 for a set and $150 for like 4. If you can't afford snow tyres, chains is definitely the way to go.

Hell if you're in the arctic circle, even if you do have snow tyres, chains are a good thing to have.

That's for rear wheel drive, user. He has a
>FWD
C'mon. I expected more from you.

Tie cinderblocks to your front hood, user.

they are 195/60 R15 i believe. And yes, i was on those when almost stuck. As i said, lot of snow

fuck, that hurts a little more. And i'm not technically on the polar circle, just very close

WHERE

Reading comprehension, do you have it?

I normally enjoy /ORG/ threads but this one is fucking awful. Makes me not want to even post pictures.

On my old S-10 (Colorado) RWD, I could get away with just having chains on the back tyres.

If you can't afford it, get some old chains and put it on your front tyres. Those are the most important. I've seen people running tyre chains only on their driver side tyres before but I feel like that'd give some weird fucking driving conditions.

What does /ORG/ think of that?

oh shit your right my autism kicked in I though I saw awd

oh, no i don't, really. English is hard for me. Russia. And not really in a city either.

also, i had to drive like 400 km to even get those tires

y

depends on conditions, preferable chains on all 4. If not chains on drive wheels will also work just not as well.

also
>S-10 (Colorado)
>RWD
how much crying did you do?

>chains only on their driver side
wat de fuck
i've never heard or seen that before seems a bit odd

it's the fucking birbs isn't it

youtube.com/watch?v=P8zX5XHs064

>4 WHEEL DRIVING IS FUN IN A JEEP
>4 WHEEL DRIVING
>4 WHEEL DRIVING IS FUN IN A JEEP
>4 WHEEL DRIVING

yes but how do they handle at highway speeds?

nice songs

post more yeep videos

youtube.com/watch?v=7YpajtwZFQU

posting more

youtube.com/watch?v=WsWIQxrx1lg

RIP

youtube.com/watch?v=Zm5x-RcVzYo

SEX TRUCCC

>implying the only samurai available locally doesn't cost as much as my miats did (4500)
>while somehow being equally or even less practical
it does look bretty neat though