Is this a good car? Should I buy one?

Basically looking for an affordable sports car. I don't want the new miata nor do I want to buy into the brz etc etc meme. I want a fun rwd Japanese sports car...is this the one?

Other urls found in this thread:

motortrend.com/cars/nissan/370z/2017/
motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2017/
lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5969530092.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

have you driven the new miata or the brz before?

Yes. Tiny engines...Not as speedy as I would like for my fun car.

look at mustang or camaro's

Yes they are good 7.5/10 of the way from the factory. I love the naturally aspirated engine and hydraulic steering. Gets my vote for able to daily drive and still be fun pushing with regard to legal limits.

these are the competitors, both great nowadays too

For Japanese yeah.

350z/370z gets a lot of hate on Veeky Forums but they are pretty fun cars

thats cause Veeky Forums is full of honda kids or public transport fags the understand nothing about cars.

It definitely gets my vote even though I feel it's slightly expensive. If your thinking of buying new, I'd look for a newer one that's very lightly used so you can get the new and potentially unmolested feels - but at a price lower than brand new off the showroom floor.

>fat
>underpowered

It's like claiming a chuby chick is an 8/10. No shes not, you've just lowered your standards that far.

I love Veeky Forums...

Miata are god tier...
2100 lbs/116 hp =18lb/hp

350z fat and underpowered
3200 lbs/287 = 11lbs/hp

You are delusional.

Plus you can actually get decent gains from tune and bolt ons on the z. Intake and exhaust and tune gives you what 10-13hp on a miata.

Why get a shitty z when you could get a G37 or a cayman s or Mustang gt. It's not the 90s any more. Japan doesn't make good sports cars any more.

not all miatas are 116 hp. mine comes in around 12.6lbs/hp

i think the Z is pretty expensive for what it is.

motortrend.com/cars/nissan/370z/2017/
3/5 Would not bang

YOU WON’T LIKE
Heavy

motortrend.com/cars/mazda/miata/2017/
4.5/5 You fall in love, you win.
YOU’LL LIKE
World-class handling.

Lol..Just drop the gear to accelerate.

>Japan doesn't make good sports cars any more.

So the G37 isn't Japanese now?
Not that anyone should want one. It's a heavier, slower 370Z with ruined handing characteristics.

G35 or G37.

It's not ruined. It's comfier

It's for poseurs who can't handle a real sports car.

That's a lot of words to say "it's for guidos."

No it's not. It's a comfier dd for people that like having power and having less of the boyracer image.

>g37

Implying that the G37 isn't just a fat 370Z.

>falling for Veeky Forums memes

>less power
>more weight
>worse handling
>more $
But your ass feels slightly better in the seat and the strangers on the road might think better of you.

I'm sorry it's just not adding up for me.

The 370Z weighs less than the competition with more power, and has more power than the competition that weighs less.

>comparing a NA to a z

Do you have a specific reason for sticking with Japanese cars?

I'm going to assume this is your full time job. LMAO

They are fun, and cheap is you buy an older used one. I've seen some in the 6-7k range that are in good condition.

I think they are a little overpriced for what you get, but they are relatively new and seem to last awhile. So several thousands for a '03 or '04 may not be bad.

Rather have a 350Z, at least they're cheap. Get a mustang.

To be honest OP, getting a 370Z these days is dumb as fuck. Overpriced, underpowered, too heavy.

Get yourself a BRZ and make power with the difference you would be spending on a Z. $5k can get you more power than a 370Z would be making.

FUCK
THE
BRZ

Falling on minata and gt86 memes

Mad that the BRZ is outselling the piece of shit 370Z?

What's wrong with those two cars? Newer Miata or 86 have grabbed my attention for something to buy in the next three years or so.

>$5k can get you more power than a 370Z would be making.
how
it's a big power deficit to make up

Hyundai Genesis

+130 whp is easy with FI
which can be had for ~5k

That engine will be blown to kibbles and tits first red line

They are nice cars but overpriced as fuck, in my country for example:
> Miata ND HR 29K
>GT86 32K
>370z 32K
I test drive all of them,and they feel like toys vs 370z

sure thing kid

You do know this has the engine from a Renault van right?

By this logic crossovers are also cooler than the BRZ dumbass.
Get out of my face now

Shifting in the 370z is terrible. It hangs the rev when you clutch in to shift up, as if it's trying to baby a slow driver. It's practically impossible to shift from 1st to 2nd quickly smoothly. Visibility was also shit and the engine sounded like a vacuum cleaner.

The BRZ and Miata I test drove had none of these problems.

Disclaimer: I didn't like the brz, miata or the 370z

Is there a comparable car you've driven you did like?

My friends all drive Japanese, I Cherish their friendship and want to have more in common to talk about and go to meet ups with, plus I admire Japanese reliability (I'm not OP so I don't mean Nissan).

no it doesnt

I've seen more boy racers in G35/37s than I've seen in Z cars mainly because that's all they can afford.

OP here. I bought it. Should be delivered by the end of the week.

The hanging revs is probably an emissions measure to ensure fuel is burned completely between shifts. It's based on sensor feedback.

More than a few manual transmissions do this to some degree.

The 370Z?

yea

Cool. I know there are a lot of trash talkers here, but I think they look good, and there is a huge aftermarket to do just about anything you want, or nothing at all.

I think there is a lot to be said for stock cars myself.

I'm gunna keep it stock for now and definitely until the warranty is still valid. I'm happy with my decision and I know people are gunna rag on it but w.e. I cant wait to park it in my garage and wake up and have my coffee and stare at it.

saw a 370 on the highway the other day slammed with a race body kit, diffuser, canards, the whole 9 yards so i figured he was a fuckboy and tried to race him but he wouldnt go. dont be a bitch like that guy op.

forgot the pic from my dashcam

Good, and if you are so inclined, I'd suggest you find a road course within a reasonable distance and do an HPDE or two.

I dare you to try to race me. I fucking hate street racers. Scumclass of racing basically.

what are you going to do if i try? race me back? then youll become what you hate. are you prepared to live with yourself then?

That is in Kansas City by any chance is it? There is a 370Z that looks exactly like that near me.

No. Ill use my dash cam to get your details and send them straight to the staties

no

well if you dont race me back then theyll just get a lame video of me going the speed limit. youre going to have to try harder than that if you want to catch me you little tattle tale you.

das me mayne das me.SRS tho street racing is destructive.pls sthap

doooont telllll me what to dooooo

you dont owwwwwn meeeeee

Was that seriously the first time you've ever seen a Nismo 370Z?
They just come like that from the factory.

>buying jap crap

nope

all r shitboxes

disregard my opinion

im a busrider

The only real answer is............

Test drive one, if you like it then get it.
FUCK WHAT EVERYONE ELSE THINKS.

thats the only way to be happy with a car.

I've probably seen a few here and there but I generally don't pay much attention to naturally aspirated Japanese rice mobiles.

lexington.craigslist.org/cto/5969530092.html

This thread has got me thinking. There are REALLY not a lot of cars that I would buy and or are in my price range.

I hate so many cars....

I am pretty much limited to a 350z or the 4th Gen v6 Eclipse. I only like the mustang after 2011 (already owned two SN95s)

Civic Type R...meh..anything 4 door, Meh....

Might have something to do with the 10-15k difference in price

its pretty good.
Look into 350z as well.

PIGFAT meme benchracers should be discarted and ignored.

How them boots taste?

>tfw my new cars going to be featherweight and its not a shitty pos honda shitbox that pretends to be MR

Fuck honda

Have you looked at an S2K?

They generally start at the price you can get a very well taken care of 2007-08 350 (the one you want) for a not so nice one.
S2Ks price wise are between tho 50 and 70, averaging 14-15k for decent, meanwhile 12 should be the most you pay for a sub 100k 07-08 350 while used 370s generally start at the high 16's
At 15k I'd buy an Evo and cal it a day

>used 370z for 15 k
What else can you pull out of your ass?

HUR DUR STIFF AS FUCK SUSPENSION OR NOTHING NIGGUH WTF IS THE CONCEPT OF COMFORT WHEN DRIVING

t. boyracer

>mad that people want sports cars to be sporty

Go back to your minivan cuck

user right you can get used 370 base trim w/manual for 13-18k easy
Had one, about to get another new Z is due Tokyo auto show this year 2019 production.

base model is great value for the cash touring tech/nismo tech both over priced for what you get out of it compared to a Mustang GT/Charger/Camero

can get 100k+ millage fairly easy and cheap to hold onto without many problems till about 140k

Something Veeky Forums benchracers don't understand the 370z isn't the fastest car or lightest but still a very reliable very good looking sports car that can still be taken to a track and enjoyed.

You can get 450-650whp with FI but your be paying track car bills instead of nissan bills

Owned and wrenched one for years if you have any question.

$0.50 has been deposited into your nissan shill acct

kill yourself. i hope the engine blows up.

You could get a r32 for around $20k

370z is not worth buying new - a few thousand more would get you a gt or an ss which are better cars in nearly every regard.

however, these depreciate quick right off the lot, meaning you can find ones that are a year or two old with 20kish miles for 25k or less - at this price, they're a great deal, especially if you get one certified with the 100k mile warranty.

>pigfat
3200 lbs in a modern car is not pigfat. all of this cars competitors weigh more(gt, ss) or have laughable power(miata, 86)

ITT: bitter children lashing out because they couldn't afford to pay insurance on anything larger than 2 liters.

>3200 lbs in a modern car is not pigfat

>a few thousand more would get you a gt or an ss which are better cars in nearly every regard.
that's totally subjective

a 370 is a lot smaller and better handling than a stang or maro, and camaros also have the shittiest interior ever

the GT and SS are both better in performance though, 370z just feels much better to drive and is more reliable.

If I would to pick between them I'd get the Charger SRT8/ScatPack over a cheby and furd

>stang
>maro

>is more reliable.
have any evidence or proof?

aside from mine lasting over 100k be for I trade it in.

There is a large amount of 370z owners across forums who run 80-140k millage on them at 140 you have timing chain/waterpump/CSC problems but all these are rather common on more then just the z so if you are already planing to keep a car over 100k you usually have the cash set a side for this.

also you can get HDCSC or CSC delete when time comes or other aftermarket that fix this all together.

I had to do AC at 67k and but other then that never had a problem other then faulty windshield wiper sprayer that I never used.

the engine is also used in a lot of Infinity models is common enough to be cheap to work/repair for what you are getting.

I mean if you plan to keep all these cars under 75k it doesn't matter but the 370z does have a 100k extended warranty and like other Nissan doesn't need much if you just care for it like any other car.

Well, if you insist on new that's your only remaining option then. It's not a bad one. Interior is unexceptional, but I guess that's not what you buy a sports car for.

show me an affordable performance vehicle under 3200 lbs that isn't a miata or gt86.
>golf r
3,283 to 3,340 lbs
>sti
>gt
>ss
can't find exact number, but GM claims under 3,500
i can go on and on with this, but I'm sure you're smart enough to use google. besides the gt86 and miata, no car in this price range is lighter. even if you up your budget, a cayman is 2,900~ lbs, a 911 is 3,200~
for muh feels the 370 is probably better on a track, yeah, but on paper a ss or gt with performance pack(probably even without) would run circles around one.
they're pretty well documented at this point being almost a decade old, even longer if you take the 350 in to consideration which shares a lot of parts. 370 doesn't have many common issues, just the csc on the 6mt and some fucky fuel gauge sensors. some burn oil, but I've never personally experienced it on either my 350 or 370.

so personal anecdotes are irrefutable proof that one vehicle is more reliable than another

never change