How will Ford ever recover?

How will Ford ever recover?

caradvice.com.au/517368/ill-never-drive-a-ford-mustang-again/

> The car I and thousands of other Australians had fallen in love with, scored one of the worst test results in ANCAP history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q1lgJ7G2KaY?t=30s
youtu.be/F0StTHnTKK8
youtu.be/LTj4yDKcRJk
youtube.com/watch?v=3vupJqnNyaE
auto.howstuffworks.com/smart-car1.htm
youtu.be/J6mzVJwRTCs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>mustang scored the worst test results in ANCAP history
Did it violate the NAP?

Only for front and rear occupant safety, it scored well for "coffee and cars" pedestrian safety.

youtu.be/Q1lgJ7G2KaY?t=30s

>666
yes satan it puts you to "sleep" real quick in a crash
AHahahahhaha

youtu.be/F0StTHnTKK8

still fucking dangerous if the air bags dont deploy right and the seats and seatbelts+tensions dont even fucking work right

>"I feel for customers that have taken delivery of their Mustang. Resale values are probably going to dive and anybody with a conscience won’t drive their car again."

no balls detected

NO BALLS

NO BALLS

>ford fags still in denial

>Yuro crash test: horrible
>Aussie crash test: horrible
>Murican crash test: very good!

Really makes you think.

>people actually buy a car thinking they're going to crash it at some point

This is top cuck.

lol this its fucking horrid.

only downside to trump is that we're gonna get some serious 50-80's tier unsafe crap from usa

youtu.be/LTj4yDKcRJk

Front overlap is VERY common on aussie roads

>aussie cuck journalist probably from lelbourne and is worried about the safety of his wifes children when he's allowed to drive because he's such a shithouse driver
>everyone else has to be a no-fun soft-cock, despite not having kids or some bitch of a woman to ruin their lives

>((opinion piece journalism))

>euro and ancap ratings are considered "Opinions" now

Veeky Forums frustbangs 2017

>won't drive cars that aren't safer to drive than it is to be sitting at home, shitposting on Veeky Forums
>wonders why no one hangs out with him

Mustang: The car for the man who pulls out

do something dangerous. its fun, op.

>do something dangerous. its fun, op.
nigger i dailyed a XJ for a year and 80's shitboxes before that with no assists i know all about dangerous

I've seen a lot of talk about this, but has anyone actually thought about how they'll fix it? Obviously those front airbags that didn't deploy properly are the first fix. I was under the impression that airbag production is all outsourced now, judging by how many cars went into recall a couple of years ago.

Rear seat protection looks horrid. That's gonna need a complete rethink. I don't think anyone cares about the "Safety Assists". If you need a computer to tell you to stay in your bloody lane you probably need to hand in your licence.

There was no Aussie crash test. Ford wouldn't let ANCAP crash one, so they asked ENCAP for their homework so they could copy it. That's probably the most telling think in this whole debacle. Ford KNEW it wouldn't be up to scratch with our standards so they did everything they could to stop them from finding out.

>I've seen a lot of talk about this, but has anyone actually thought about how they'll fix it?
seems to be chassis/platform so its gonna take a whole new generation most likely rather than yearly bandaid fixes they usually do.

the Seats, belts and pre tensioners are fixable but the actual chassis will probably require a ground up resdesign

Does their crash test involve turns or something?

jokes aside that is a fucking terrible rating mate if you head on ofset crash another car or or went into a tree you'd probably die and to think that test is only at 80km/h 40mph

So does this mean US testing is shit, or that Ford sends a shittier version of the Mustang overseas?

>So does this mean US testing is shit
yes
>Ford sends a shittier version of the Mustang overseas?
Nope all of them are shit as you can see in the videos

Front Passenger protection is pretty shocking but rear in both are fuck aweful

The former most likely. Reminds me of a story I heard about Saab safety testing when GM first became equal partner. GM sends a bunch of safety engineers over to Sweden to supervise the safety test of an new car. The Swedes don't really acknowledge the Americans and they both watch the crash test without really communicating with each other. Each team writes down their results and leaves. Both reports make their way up the chain. The GM team states that the crash test went better than they could even fathom and pass it with flying colours. The Swedish team give it a fail, calling it a death trap and demand a redesign in several areas.

I've heard this story a couple of times and it changes a bit each time, but these are the constants in each version.

>It’s 2017 and a company the size of Ford should not have a car on the market that achieves only two stars.
>It's 2017
>2017
>I shiggy diggy
Even a twingo is safer

if americans cared about build quality or safety the mustang wouldn't exist anyway.

Based bald Aussie journalist has a video on it too: youtube.com/watch?v=3vupJqnNyaE

What's the point of all the extra weight if the car is not even safe?

>i care about safety
>live in australia

This is just icing on top of the "Focus is shit" cake.

Pictured a bunch of fat tonys clapping at a wrecked saab 9-5 with buckled doors, crushed passenger compartment, and decapitated dummies while a bunch of yurocucks swear in swedish.

Do you think people in here give a shit about that notice?

We're talking about a board of busriders asking suggestions on buying cars which are 20 years old...still less safe than this 2017 cockstang.

Safety isn't a concern in Veeky Forums

Why did they decide to release a product in this state?

Why not skip a model year and fix the problems?

People that care this much about safety are why we can't have nice things. Cars are dangerous, that's how it is. Removing the danger is not really possible because you're driving a 1500kg block of metals.

the new ford mustangs are fugly anyway, who would want to drive one?

Ameriburger "muscle cars" weigh 4000 lbs and still don't fare well in crash tests. All of my keks

Still less safe than an european 1.3 diesel shitbox.

>People that care this much about safety are why we can't have nice things

That's not our fault if you have autism

>airbags not fully deploying after crash
>*autistic screech*

This is beyond embarassing.

Does this mean the Stang is less reliable than a typical Fiat car?

Will never not be relevant.

I don't see how that's a downside senpai

Especially less safer than this low cost Fiat Tipo made in Turkey.

>gg Ford

This is somewhat similar to the Neon SRT4 situation.

The HP destroyed the competition but you were fucking dead if you got into any kind of serious crash.

EVEN A FUCKING SMART IS SAFER THAN THIS PIECE OF SHIT MUSTANG

now, that is just bullshit

Look at what the Smart's Tridion safety cell is.

auto.howstuffworks.com/smart-car1.htm

DELETE THIS DELETE THIS DELETE THIS DELETE THIS

FORD FIRST, FORD BEST

fuck

youtu.be/J6mzVJwRTCs

lol GM wins again!

I prefer the new camaro to the mustang but what if you don't have rear passengers?

>but what if you don't have rear passengers?
you still impale yourself on the dash or faulty airbags that wont deploy right.

And the seatbelt tensioners dont work

My car got 4 stars on the ANCAP tests. The only thing it didn't do well on was pedestrian safety because it predates cars being bars of soap to save jaywalkers from paying for their mistakes.

Aren't these ratings based on class? Like the Twingo has a four star rating in it's class and isn't comparable to a say, a SUV that would be in another class.

Remember when people bought cars to drive them, not crash in them?

>Modern drivers literally cant drive without airbags, abs and tcs
>grew up driving safe boxes and not learning proper vehicle control
gee i wonder.

Mustang drivers are knows for crashing into crowds

If you are going to be in so many car accidents maybe you should take the bus to work. But realistically most people who buy mustangs cant drive for shit so I guess crash safety is #1 priority for them.

Oh, almost forgot.

voodoo swapped camaro when?

>Supposedly took a Mustang to "its limits" on a track, which could get him injured or killed regardless of what car he's in
>Gets ass blistered over crash test rating
Top tard.

KEK

Make cars dangerous again

Cars, yes
Mustangs, not so much

You two stupid underage idiots are aware of the fact that you can be hit by another car right?

Even if you're stopped under a red light you can find a drunk/high motherfucker who can run into your car, without you being able to do nothing.

Guess what, if you're in a Mustang you're dead, on the other side the criminal will leave his car in its feet because he drives a proper European/Japanese/Korean car.

Forget proper even the new SsangYong got 4 stars

4 stars doesn't mean that the car isn't safe, maybe it lacks some active security system, also keep in mind that recently the Euroncap has introduced the small overlap test so the cars that haven't been engineered specifically with that test in mind could have issues because of the new parameter.

Take a random 5 stars 2015-2014 car, it won't score 5 stars again with the new regulamentations...but it doesn't mean that the car is unsafe, again.

>Safety

who fucking cares, i'll get to gensokyo sooner

brb buying a mustang

t. motorcyclist

True, but take a two star result and test it next year and it sure won't be any better. Failed airbags are very sub-par.

>people ditch their mustangs out of this fear
>used supply explodes
>cheap new mustangs everywhere
Consider it a deal. I don't care that much about this safety rating stuff.

I do care about safety, but I wouldn't object to a 14k nuStang.

Hell it'd be BOS (buy-on-sight) if it's EcoBoost.

>I do care about safety, but I wouldn't object to a 14k nuStang.
Exactly. I'd never pay 35k for a 2016 Mustang, but if they depreciate and the used market gets dumped on because of this safety rating scare I'd gladly buy one at around 20k.
>Hell it'd be BOS (buy-on-sight) if it's EcoBoost.
EcoBoob is for wimps. Get a real mustang in Vee Ate

underrated post

Still way safer than the 90s jap shitboxes Veeky Forums is so enamored with.
>muh S13 is totally safe bro

>tfw i drive an early 90s shit box that would disintegrate in a modern crash test
that guy needs to harden the fuck up

Trips of truth. Guy is a raging homosexual pussy.

In reality though that small shitbox you were driving will get fucking demolished by the chad's 3600 pound pigfat 'tang

>ANCAP

I'll rather die than drive a yuropoor shitbox

>crash rating is almost the same
>caring about children in a mustang
>caring about automated driving features in a mustang
and most importantly
>caring about pedestrians in a mustang

>caring about pedestrians in a mustang

heh

hilarious

and yet land rover defenders are banned.

top fucking kek

>4 stars doesn't mean that the car isn't safe,
It means that it's significantly better than a 2 star car despite being cobbled together by a combinations of Koreans and Indians from parts they could make in a back street.

Speaking of which, wasn't it the last gen Megane that got 1 star less because of some bullshit about the rear seatbelt warning not being available on all languages?

>You two stupid underage idiots
Ill have you know im 25

Up market models where pretty safe
>ABS
>Airbags
>Traction Control
Granted that shitty quality 90's JDM thin steel and terrible chassis structure

yeah but because of pedestrian safety. pedestrians are more important than drivers in communist regimes.

underrated