>Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org | blender-models.com | mayang.com/textures

>Free audio
freesound.org/browse | incompetech.com/music | freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/KgDv6
mega.nz/#F!FJhX3YTK!ylcGBIaPINbo1p-tOIZ4nw
homph.com/steam/
syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/literally_definition_dictionary_wrong_english_languageyour_head_explode.html
freemusicarchive.org/music/Dan_Warren/Son_of_Strelka_Son_of_God/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for you'll never make it.

Agdg I'm thinking about sharing my private kickstarter page (before it goes public) to you for feedback would you take a look and bully me so I can improve it?

What do you guys do when you want to move on to other projects? Do you suck it up and keep working on your game until it is finished, or do you drop it and work on New Project #762? Currently going through this.

was doing everything in one class but it started to get messy so I set up a state machine to make it nice and clean (black = invisible)

while i appreciate the attempt to improve the OP formatting, I don't think you succeeded

In Inkscape when I use mask or clipping paths it starts using a full core and there's an infinite +5 MB/second memory leak. It stops when I release the mask/clip. Can't find anything on Google

What do?

I hate your game already. Go for it.

I think most people just start a new project but I don't think you should. You'll never finish anything if you don't stick with it when you start getting bored or hit a tough spot

Post it, I'll give you a write up.

Im unemployed starting today so I can dev, but I'll give you a critique before I start for today.

...You're right. I need to see this through!

Don't do it. agdg hates kickstarters and will pray for your failure.

>you if you decide to keep switching projects

Jesus H. fucking christ the blender team really fucking needs to clean up that god-awful FBX exporter.

This fucker in pic related.
This little shit right there.

It took me two (!!) days to get root motion (moving via root bone animation instead of code) working on that asshole. A thing that could be done by clicking a single checkbox.

And literally ALL problems related to that issue where due to Blender's bum-fuck-retarded FBX exporter.

First adding an extra bone, making any translation of the actual root bone obsolete and then some scaling shit. And now I gotta fix the rest, because the scaling actually fucked with the animations, making them jittery.

W-w-w-well thanks Blender!

Why would any dev even risk posting on Veeky Forums then? If you post here it is assumed you use the words faggot and nigger regularly. I guess having a name tied to it just makes it worse somehow even if you would already say the same things anonymously.

Is this a first-person chess beat'em up

yeah blender fbx is one of the things that made me switch to maya. I suspect its not 100% on the blender team though. Cool enemy idea. One of those charming enemies you love to kill over and over

>What do?
kys

there's a difference between posting on a board where people do X and personally posting X

I wouldn't assume you posted anything just because you were active in /agdg/

except maybe "where's your game"

I do find it curious how many "devs" in chat say nigger all the time and are just generally unpleasant. I assume they either have no game or don't care enough about it to act right. I don't believe I've ever seen hopoo call anyone a faggot.

is the discord worth joining
I was strongly considering it...

Anyone got any references, guidelines or tutorials on good HUD design?

I'm struggling to find anything because most of the things i find on HUD design involve flashy futuristic effects by the same name, or I come across GUI design which isn't HUD

Only one way to find out.

From left to right:
>Artist
>Musicbro
>Programmer
>Enginedev

the comfy jam pic is cringy af. do animeposters wish they were little girls or are attracted to them?

discord.gg/KgDv6
Check it out just stay out of #misc and #autism. Dev-related channel are almost free from shitposting. If you are a salty nodev long enough vine will make you a moderator

Know the information the player needs to know, and how important that information is compared to other information, first.

The art/design is informed by what the player needs to know -- it shouldn't be the other way around.

so far I've never seen an actual named dev be anything less than basically polite in these threads

most of them seem like decent enough people just trying to make video games

animeposter of a mediocre intellect who at least edited agdg shit into an otherwise completely unrelated image
dumb headcanonposter

>If you are a salty nodev long enough vine will make you a moderator
Sad how true that is. Vine put some real hardcore homosexuals in charge

mega.nz/#F!FJhX3YTK!ylcGBIaPINbo1p-tOIZ4nw

-named +known I guess since I was thinking of guys like monolith and ctesiphon and tender arms

Post a better pic then.

>most of them seem like decent enough people just trying to make video games
Exactly.
They must be stopped.

>go eat some lunch
>anime shitposter made a thread
That's what I get for trusting someone else could make a thread.

>shitposter
?

>jumbling up OP links, making it harder to read
>generic anime picture
>doesn't even link to the previous thread
Yeah, it's a shitposting OP made by a shitposter.

>stay out of #misc and #autism
This. Stay out of there! Nothing to see! Move along!

>reading the OP
LMAO

You're right, the OP shouldn't have any text at all, it gives absolutely no useful information.

fbx is not an open source format, so they have to clean reverse engineer for their implementation to be legal

one would think a poster namefagging as entirety of agdg nodevs would advise to go to #misc and #autism in order to prevent the game from being made
maybe it's some kind of reverse psychology

I know, that's where they hide all the shit and they're actually secret rapists and child molesters! I bet those channels are just constant 24/7 stupidity! If you go there you'll see why you should stay on the thread and should stay away from those crazy autists!

You should only read the OP the first time you come here, bookmark all the websites you need and never read it again.

>don't care enough about it to act right
Welcome to SafeSpace, your number #1 spot for SafePosting. No cursing or NegativeDiscussion, PassiveAggressive posters will be banned.

Thanks, but actually, it's a dummy mesh I created just to find a solution for this problem.
Real enemies are pic related.

>I suspect its not 100% on the blender team though.

It's because of various problems.
In software engineering terms: The meta model of FBX and blender's internal datastructure are not 100% compatible. That's why on FBX export Blender adds an extra root bone which is a placeholder for the armature object under which the rig hierarchy is grouped (maya apparently doesn't have such an object, so it is simply mapped on an "empty" root bone).

I can live with that. It might not be ideal but that's just the way it is in blender.

The scaling issue on the other hand is pure bullshit.
Your armature must be in place (so correctly aligned with the mesh), however at a scale of 0.01. That's not an incompatibility. That's simply horseshit and they really gotta fix that asap. Cause it also fucks with your animations. If I remember correctly original FBX files (created in maya) also had scaling issues when they're imported into blender.

yes, key innovations in HUD design:

Black & White (1999)
Far Cry 2 (2008)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (2011)

Fuck off, AGDG King Nigger-edition OP. Shouldn't you be paying attention to your teacher in your class right now?

That's it. I'm finished. Done. It's over. I'm so sick of being in such a toxic community full of overgrown man children who can do nothing better than constantly put other down just to make themselves feel bigger and better than everyone else. You guys are a bunch of bullies, who have no right to be telling anyone how or how they can't make their games. If you want your standard cis white male protagonist than be free to look into the mainstream triple A development studios. As for other fellow idie devs out there who care to change the community by added, yes, "Diverse" casts of interesting characters and female protagonists. Keep on making your game, or just leave this toxic community like I am. It's not everyday I get the chance to do nice things for my girlfriend because of my long and busy work schedule, and I'm not going to have the one project that I do for her get shit on by a bunch of bitter and sad trolls.

Good luck everyone I know you can make it!

dampfgrupper and dicksords should be banned from Veeky Forums

>165762835
t. nodev

what about people who have yet to come here for the first time you smartass

Fuck outta here chatfag.

That's exactly why we shouldn't have a fucked up OP.

You are selling a product, not your edgy opinions. It can impact sales so if you are serious about your dev career you should avoid it

who cares?

t. whodev nodev

Customers. Potential employers. Family members. Nobody important.

People who make games, obviously.

Is this copy pasta from when you guys ran Aviary Attorney dev out of agdg?

emotional slaves, idiots, and nodevs

Rate my birds.

Is your name Not Important?

Sad!

Shut it engie. You're free to be a pedo shitposting maniac for life seeing as you'll never have a game.

>Not the first post from this IP
Sadder!

how long would you say it took you to get good enough at 2D art to get this good at 3D?

i'd like to think i can get to this level but it just doesn't seem possible. this is probably the most detailed 3D work here.

where are they

The 'diverse' character spiel doesn't make sense for AA.
Maybe painter's guild? He got a lot of flak from here.

Aviary Attorney dev? You mean the dev who made Aviary Attorney who used to post in agdg until these nodev shitposters psychotically shitposted him and attacked him personally and his girlfriend and ran him out of Veeky Forums?

You mean the dev whose game is on the "AGDG LIST" of games? Even though AGDG literally lynched him with shitposts and attacks on his girlfriend?

homph.com/steam/

That Aviary Attorney dev?

t. aviary dev

>Your armature must be in place (so correctly aligned with the mesh), however at a scale of 0.01.

Can you explain why this is needed?

I use Blender and Unity and I never needed to do this.

Perhaps the secret of AGDG is that you're meant to escape it. You know you've escaped when AGDG runs you out of town - because it can't tolerate successful people being in the thread.

anime game ideas?

looks stolen

>all that drama
source, please

prince of tennis but curling

AGDG is a sewer and we're looking for a manhole

Realtalk, any major shitmedia discussing your game because you said nigger on a Veeky Forums discussion channel will probably be the best coverage you could get. People pay out of their ass for that level of coverage.

Worked for Hatred. In the end no one gave a shit about the stuff whined about, the game was just shit. It's a bit sad being "controversial" still works in the current year.

>how long would you say it took you to get good enough at 2D art to get this good at 3D?

Zero days.
I'm pretty shit at 2D art.
I did my share of handpainted meshes, but these textures are procedurally generated.

Talking about 3D: I first started blender on the 12th of November, 2014.
Doesn't take that long to get there though. If you start today, by friday you'll be able to do pic related. Which was exactly one weekend after I started.

fuck I forgot. that post was meant for

>literally lynched him
what does 'literally' mean again?

>best coverage you could get

Pffffft. Yeah, no. There are no appeals to the court of public opinion's judgment of you once they've made up their mind.

Yes, but now any time that dev makes a game they'll be labeled and not only will they be labeled a failure - they'll also be labeled whatever public opinion feels they should be labeled.

In short, they banked that their game could use its toxicity to boost it but in the end it wound up drowning the dev and their game. If you're going to play with fire you better be confident you're not going to get burned.

let me try that again:

>Your armature must be in place (so correctly aligned with the mesh), however at a scale of 0.01.

Can you explain why this is needed?

I use Blender and Unity and I never needed to do this.

For reference: I brushed my 2D skills up to this level. But that's it. After that I did procedural textures. First in blender, then in substance painter.

I might wanna return to this one day.

Former dev here, came back to check demon day and wasn't dissapointed. Congrats to everyone who submitted a demo.

Thanks, user. Feedback I gathered should really help me polish this game before the next demo day where, hopefully, I can just point out my game having launched on Steam in the interim.

I think that dog on the left has autism.

As a dev just starting to get into the ins and outs of UE4 and with no artistic talent, how proficient should I be at drawing before jumping the gun and getting a Wacom tablet?

>looking for a manhole
I bet you do, you gay fag

I'll take that as a compliment.

Dec 2014
yuki.la/vg/88796778
Notice the forced mole rat meme attacking his girlfriend, this went on forever. Follow discussion for a few posts, basically he had his gf working with him, her picture was on the team on his kickstarter page and that's all the nodev psychos here needed.

Do a ctrl+f on aviary
4chandata.org/vg/agdg-amateur-game-dev-general-a790729
Notice how proud the shitposters are to have run him out.

>implying he isn't just cloning another popular electronic childrens book
>he was a pussy fuck anyway

Hit piece thread (one of many) started in /v/ during his launch
4chanarchives cu.cc/board/v/thread/320432334

Pretty easy to find all this in google just searching Veeky Forums agdg aviary attorney

syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2013/08/literally_definition_dictionary_wrong_english_languageyour_head_explode.html
It literally means 'literally'.

Any recommendations for stuff to listen to or watch while dev?

Theres only so many times I can watch Rush Hour 2 and Kung Fu Panda 1/2.

Podcasts would be good, as well as music playlists.

>being this fluent and invested in Veeky Forums drama
Sad!

>Can you explain why this is needed?

Basically, if you export with default scale (1.0) the FBX importer on UE4s side will give you a warning that says something like

"Bone size too small. Can't create physics assets"

And if it can't create that thing, apparently root motion also doesn't work. Most likely because the local translation of the undersized root bone is so tiny it can't be recognized and/or registered as movement, leaving your mesh in place.

The tricky part is: This problem is basically invisible. The animations look right. The root motion is correctly extracted on the preview. However processing the root motion (getting it from the root bone to the movement component of your character) doesn't work out, because of the reasons stated above.

At least that's my guess. Might also have to do with local/world space fuckery.

>being able to do a google search and glance at threads
Advanced! For (You)

freemusicarchive.org/music/Dan_Warren/Son_of_Strelka_Son_of_God/

I feel your pain.

Just earlier today I was trying to sort out root motion on some Mixamo animations, spent ages in Blender then managed to do it instantly in my 5 year old version of Softimage

>yuki.la/vg/88796778
This is everything wrong with agdg and why I won't post my game here. Fuck this place.