What the fuck?

I'm looking for a new car. I have, what I thought, were 4 pretty simple requirements

>AWD
>Manual
>Full size sedan
>V6 or V4 Turbo -- just looking for 200+ HP because I hate driving anemic cars that can't accelerate on an on ramp

This car does NOT exist on the American market outside of luxury brands (Audi A4). What the fuck is going on? I don't want to spend $40+k on a German piece of shit that will cost $500 minimum every time I take it in for service.

Someone prove me wrong and tell me that a car like this exists outside of the luxury segment in the US.

Other urls found in this thread:

bestride.com/news/technology/study-indicates-all-wheel-drive-cars-and-4x4-suvs-are-much-safer
iihs.org/iihs/topics/driver-death-rates
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5978076993.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/5977767376.html
atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5944914431.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wanting awd
Pussy.

>Wanting to die

bestride.com/news/technology/study-indicates-all-wheel-drive-cars-and-4x4-suvs-are-much-safer

iihs.org/iihs/topics/driver-death-rates

> V4 turbo

>V4 turbo

Dont know about that OP, get a subaru or an a4 2.0 tfsi quattro

>this car does not exist
>what is the wrx
Not even 30k brand new

>implying awd helps you stop or steer

>That hood scoop

Okay I'll have to add a 5th requirement

>Needs to look like a normal car and not a ricer rally fag mobile

I write software for a financial firm and I'm about to be sitting in school dropoff lanes for the next 18 years. That car looks ridiculous outside of a rally course.

I like the look of the Mazda 6, Honda Accord Sport -- you know, normal sedans.

AWD clearly and objectively lowers your chances of dying in an auto accident according to fairly exhaustive data from iihs. Troll harder, faggot.

>having kids
Mistakes were made.

Correlation is not causation

>V4 Turbo

+turbo kit for $600 and an afternoon

It is when you control by comparing literally identical models and only differing drivetrain across the entire market, faggot. What factor, pray tell, are we missing?

Go be a nigger somewhere else. I live in a climate with a decent amount of snow/ice and I'll be getting an AWD car with a second set of tires/rims for the winter.

>implying that takes into account the type of driver that buys an awd sedan vs a rwd sports car
You're not very intelligent are you?

Fucking you sound like a boring person.
Calling the wrx a ricer rally fag mobile Jesus Christ. The interviewer is mounted on the top that's why it has the hood scoop idiot it's functional
>V4 turbo
2/10 for triggering me and making me reply

Correlation doesn't mean causation
It's basic science

>correlation = causation
>more crimes committed during the summer months
>ice cream consumed more during the summer months
>coincidence? I think not.
>BAN ICE CREAM NOW

Now back to OP. Awd is not a meme but it isn't needed to get around a snowy suburb either. Fwd with winter tires will so just fine.

>He didn't read the data

Of course. The data compares IDENTICAL MODELS with FWD vs AWD. AWD death rates of Car A are significantly lower than FWD death rates of Car A. We're not comparing Subarus to Dodge Vipers.

>doesn't even read data set
>criticises methodology/obvious conclusion

Like I said, go be a nigger somewhere else in your shitty FWD car.

>interviewer
He is right though. Other than the hood scoop the wrx is pretty mundane.

Lmao, stealing this thread from gramps

So I'm 19 and I have about 10k to drop

Looking at the b8 a4,

Anybody have any advise or recommendations, I don't really have any requirements

Can repay with suggestive gf pics

Does it compare the two cars in the same city?
Unless you control for the same driver and driving style, there is no way to say that one is safer.
Awd does nothing aside from traction from a stop
It doesn't make you stop any quicker or handle better

>auto correct
Just kill me now.
You haven't driven one then if you think it's mundane

>bad hypothetical methodology vs IIHS exhaustive data

Kill yourself. None of you read, interpret, and implement scientific papers for a living. I do.

>I'm boring because I don't want a giant hood scoop on my daily driver as a professional.

More like I'm not 16 anymore. Grow up.

He means that usually people who buy awd cars drive slower on average.

It's like how the most dangerous cat on earth is the house cat because they have the most reported accidents.

Don't buy Volkswagen trash. Ever.

The added weight would make you handle worse, brake farther, and accelerate slower though.

just get an E90/E92 328xi or 335xi
no hood scoops, good comfort, manual transmission, rwd biased awd, costs from $8-$20k

Nigger are you literally retarded?

I have a 1.8t Jetta now, almost 160 with no major issues

What do you have / recommend

People that buy an awd car tend to be more safety oriented and more defensive in their driving habits.
How are you unable to grasp that?

I was referring to the styling compared to the rest of the Japanese auto industry. >I'm not 16 anymore. Grow up.
Why not just go get a Camry then.

Do you want to finance something with your 10K or buy outright for 10K?

Looks expensive to maintain

I'm not sure, I have 10k to drop but I don't want to be locked into my job in case I want to go back to school

3 series will be a little cramped so I'd probably have to spring for 5 series.

I would really prefer to not get a German car (hate my wife's Benz) but thanks for an honest suggestion.

>hurrdurr I science for money
I thought you worked in Software for a financial firm.

>muh professionalism
I'm a physicist at an international medical device company, and I drive a brz. My boss drives a wrangler, the head of engineering drives a 5.0 mustang and a beat up yj jeep, and another guy in chemistry drives a Miata and access cab Tacoma
You sound like a fucking poser wannabe. Wtf does being "professional" have to do with anything?

Ford Taurus SHO.
Ford Fusion sport
Ford Focus RS

Maybe he just want to keep his wife, she's probably sliding off

>wrx
>full size car

I do, retard. What do you think we do all day? 30% of my day is spent reading and implementing methods in financial engineering papers. The other 70% of my day is making the shitty theoretical methods written by no-job PhDs actually work in real life.

You don't have to agree with the conclusion I drew from the IIHS data set. You'd be wrong, but you don't have to agree.

You do not have any proof of this.

>People who buy AWD cars drive fast in unsafe conditions because they think AWD will compensate. Therefore, AWD cars are even MORE safer according to that data

See? I can make shit up too.

Focus rs is the new wrx vapemobile desu

Why don't you buy a cheap fun 8k car and save the other 2k?

Thanks. Will investigate

I'm open to that, I just don't know what thoose are, I have 3k emergency dough and my 1.8 Jetta so I'm not in a pinch

>he's literally just a codemonkey
Lel

You could get an older wrx
Infiniti g35
Mustang gt
Neon srt4
What do you like?

>3k emergency dough
>10k to drop on a car
You have 13k in emergency funds, you don't have 10k to drop on a car

I have an MS in computer science and a CFA.

I can afford a BMW M5 fully loaded. I'd just rather save that money and not give it to the 4 wheeled jew

>Manual

US market no longer wants this car
pre-owned you could go for an '14 Acura TL SH-AWD (6MT)

>manual daily
what the fuck are you doing
just buy an a4 you dumb dolt

>new car
>v4 turbo

you don't deserve to drive anything until you get your head out of your ass

Hikacking thread because OP is clearly retarded.

I'm looking for a daily driver with at least some off road capabilities.
My commute to work is only like 6 miles so fuel efficiency isn't a huge concern.
I'm into wildlife photography, and want to be able to take my car off road and not worry about banging it up/getting stuck.
It rains a lot where I live so should be able to handle wet grass/some mud, but I don't plan on doing a bunch of mods and abusing it like it's meant for crawling rocks and shit.

I don't want anything huge like a full sized SUV, but a sedan, hatch, or wagon would be fine, and would consider a smaller truck.

I'd appreciate any recs, and my price range maxes out at say 35k, but the cheaper the better. Considering both new and used, but don't want a beater, I don't want two vehicles to keep up with.

an fj cruiser with 2k in mods will outlive you

Giulia Veloce (or Ti).

what do you drive now?

Civic

OP, the problem here isn't that the car doesn't exist.

The problem here is that you're a faggot.

cool. good competition to the A4.

Those things are ugly as sin though.

Bumping for recs

that's the first time i hear someone say the fj doesn't look good
alright i guess
where do you live?

Georgia but was born/raised in Indiana
It's got a unique look, and it's not without certain charm, but in every conventional sense it's an ugly vehicle.

post CL

Get a lightly used subaru outback. Lots of space in the back plus they are good in slipery conditions also comfy as fuck

Closest city to me would be ATL

>op looking for a particular car
>everyone shitposting
this board used to be good

>V4

>thinks Veeky Forums ever liked WAHT CAR IZ GEWD threads
newfag

The first thing that comes to mind is a charger

>is a poser but with non-poser cars
wtf lol

Legacy 3.0

>AWD
>manual
>full size
>245hp H6
>not a ricefag mobile

Oh I didn't see the "new car" bit. My bad.
>used to Veeky Forums being full of poorfags

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5978076993.html
obligatory wrangler

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/ctd/5977767376.html
vape mobile

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5944914431.html
if you can get over the fjs looks this would be your best option
that's about it i think unless you're ok with bigger SUVs

Delete this thread, you're embarrasing

>delet this

Legacy
/thread

>V4
You need to be over 18 to post here buddi.

>V4 Turbo

>I write software for a financial firm and
Sounds like WRX material right there. If the hood bothers you so, have a front mount conversion done and drop on a regular Impreza bonnet.

mazdaspeed6 is the closest you'll get

Get a first gen Audi S3.

He needs it new otherwise someone might think he's a poorfag.

>V4 Turbo
WEW LAD

He probably drives a fox body mustang. Don't feed the trolls man

Volvo friendo

CVT only. No manual.

I kinda like the Volvos but they're just as expensive as the Audis and I'd rather have an Audi. Also just as expensive to maintain.

I have no issue buying used, but I think it's a sad commentary on the American market if not a single 2017 model year exists as a full size manual sedan w/ a V6 for under $40k.