/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online general

Elder Thread →

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017
elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/2016/12/22/thats-a-wrap-on-2016
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/13/celebrate-the-new-life-festival

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/5nqs8z/rich_lambert_posted_some_class_balance_changes/

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Begginer Guide]
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
tesorp.enjin.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes, very much so. Inquire within.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0
youtube.com/watch?v=guBsPkUkPQg
youtube.com/watch?v=HLJeKwKGfNU
esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for argonians make the best sex dolls

>lewd pic
PRAISE THE GODS

This game would probably be a lot more popular if it at least turned up the slut factor with it's outfits

Look at the size of it!

Sea battles when?

Of course.

I think it's a greatsword user, they're supposed to be big

is there a pvp memespec in this game like reckoning paladins?

Sometimes when I see lewd argonian drawn, I feel like I question myself. Maybe I've been too judgmental, maybe I do want to hit that. But then when I go in game..

>youtube.com/watch?v=dOiE0LCu6J0

I never spoiler it

does the infused trait, the one that increases enchant effectiveness and reduces cool down, work with poisons?

This unironically gets me excited every time I see it.

I love being slapped.

In my imagination, the lusty argonian maid was always a little more... THICC

>Urcelmo instead Razum-dar

Altmer /pol/ would get too triggered desu

>queen ayrenn

YESSSS

>she's 44 years old

jesus fuck

where has the time gone?

So, who is the niggers in ESO: khajiits, orcs or redguards?

I'm interested in playing this game because I'm looking for a new MMO to get into, and according to a lot of people, this MMO is very good and not like the typical crap that has been coming out in the last few years.

However I have a few questions:

1. In the OP there's a "sales" link which has this game for much cheaper than it is on Steam. Is it safe and better to purchase this way? Do I get to link with my Steam account and have it as if I owned it on Steam too? Is there any downside to purchasing it this way?

2. What is the difference between buying the normal version and the "Gold" version?

3. Is this game a ghost town or does it have enough players to make it enjoyable for raiding stuff like you would in other MMO's, as in, a "community"? Is end-game good?

Answers are very much appreciated.

???

>1. In the OP there's a "sales" link which has this game for much cheaper than it is on Steam. Is it safe and better to purchase this way? Do I get to link with my Steam account and have it as if I owned it on Steam too? Is there any downside to purchasing it this way?

It is safe, because it's on the official list of authorized resellers. You don't get to link with Steam unless you purchase on Steam. The downside is lack of Steam integration: this does not hamper you in any way.

>2. What is the difference between buying the normal version and the "Gold" version?
Gold includes 4 DLC and a mount.

>3. Is this game a ghost town or does it have enough players to make it enjoyable for raiding stuff like you would in other MMO's, as in, a "community"? Is end-game good?
Game is growing. This can be felt in way of Guild Traders: a player guild can have 500 members, and there are a fixed number of spots you can bid on to have an outlet. The prices are going way up with new guilds trying to muscle in.

End game, you'll have to wait for someone else to reply.

>Orc poets

Nords.

Thank you, user!

Would you a Spriggan?

Khajiits

>Known for being good at stealing things
>Likely to become a pirate, burglar, or con artist
>Also most likely to get addicted to skooma and be involved in the production and smuggling and sale of it

Fucking cat niggers

Orcs. Khajiit are gypsies and Redguards are easily one of the races of men with their shit the most together.

Orcs meanwhile raid, rape and pillage then when people come to kill them for burning down their villages they protest that they din do nuffin.

>yfw each passing day you think you've might of nailed down the perfect pick for a house
>then you keep adding more criteria that you want it to meet
God damn this getting autistic.

Got to be:
>redguard, orc or imperial
>outdoor space
>not too big, not too small
>near a wayshrine
>near a stablemaster and/or vendor (optional)

Trust me, you want it near a wayshrine, porting to your house is free but it counts towards one them paid teleports, unless it's a bug, so if you want to port out your house it's gonna cost you 1k. It's going to get old pretty fast having to run out your house and down the street to the nearest shrine.

Nords

what's the deal with those fucking houses? I haven't kept track on it.
They are instanced, right? Thousands of players have the same house but you only see your character there (aside from the people you 'invite'?)? What are the practical advantages of them? Crafting stations?

The only practical uses are putting any set crafting stations you want in it and having a target dummy for testing DPS rotations and builds on

Other than that it's pretty much just cosmetic stuff

Space battles when

>Wood you a Spriggan

The answer is yes, Yes, I wood.

Right now.

Too bad it's only one quest.

>that hole on the chest near her mouth

She is asking for it.

I wouldn't trust anyone who wouldn't.

All things considered? The cats would be the top qualifiers, seconded by orcs.

Pretty much for now there is crafting stations, dps target and you can place your banker/merchant from the crown store. That's about it right now, there's shit load of cool ass looking achievement shit you can craft/buy to show off your e-penis.

Honestly I'm gonna be happy with one of each crafting station, dye station, banker and a target, I'll never have to spend time dealing with fucking Rawl loading time again also teleporting there for free from anywhere in the world

Trying to fit all that shit into small house with no outside just feel so fucking depressing like your living in a prison cell, I ain't one them hardcore RPing interior decorators but I like to feel comfy.

Tfw too intelligent for stuff everyone currently hops on like New Life Festival or houses
actually I just don't have all that much time and prefer to do my own thing
still got dat Hissmir recipe on the last day of the event after completing my 1 and only daily :^)

>too intelligent but takes two tries at one post

>feel so fucking depressing like your living in a prison cell
That's good, ascetic life conditions for an ascended being
also tfw too poor for anything but a small house

This.

You're a fucking dumb.

>too intelligent for single posts

Rude. I just like when everything is perfect.

I've actually decided on a small, just get a garden and you can put some shit outside so it doesn't feel like you're trapped in a box.

youtube.com/watch?v=guBsPkUkPQg

>too poor
Just steal. Steal every day, on every character. If your legerdemain is low just launder whites and sell greens/blues so you can get to the point where greens are common and you can sometimes get a purple to drop.

Easy money, easy life.

I keep switching between characters and can't decide which race/class I want to main. It's been a never ending struggle with me. My choices are argonian Templar, altmer sorcerer, and khajiit nightblade. Quick, pick one for me to main for the rest of existence and I'll follow your wish.

Argonian templar. You're now a healbitch forever.

Empiral

>most diplomatic
>the most organized
>enforces of law and order
>the most educated
>even thou the empire is broken all ranks are of empirial origin

>I keep switching between characters and can't decide which race/class I want to main.
I prefer imperial. But can't decide which class i like more, sorc/templar/nb

>PUGing City of Ash 2 veteran
>make it to skoria
>tank: "do i really need to tank, or can i help with dps??"

"Drinking and puking, what a strange culture"

Nords on eso are more like slavs

khajiit nightblade is fun. be sure to be a thief too

Switch integration when?

Fug

How does thied works? It's pure 11% to crit or 11% of existing crit chance?

youtube.com/watch?v=HLJeKwKGfNU

Might be worth putting this into OP paste, very helpful for beginners.

>work out how many guts you need to max legerdemain
>complete TG storyline, get the 100k bounty pardon
>kill sheep, get guts
>use pardon
>sell and launder the max amount each day
Don't get any more bounties while you have the guts, if killed/pay off bounty to a guard you will lose all your guts and you won't have another 100k pardon.

wat? i don't mean the mundus stone. i mean be a thief, raise your legerdemain skill and join the thieves guild

also the thief stone adds a flat 11% to your crit chance

If you max out Legerdemain, does it actually become possible to get legendary equipment from overworld set drops? I've never seen a gold piece of jewelry from an overworld set

>also the thief stone adds a flat 11% to your crit chance
And khajiit's carnage works same way? So it's 19% crit? Isn't this a bit overpowered?

there's a better way of doing things without even getting a bounty

>>Is this game worth playing?
>Yes, very much so. Inquire within.
Explain further

I can't remember but there is a passive in one of the CP tree if you spend enough points into it you'll get increased chance at higher quality loot from chest and boxes.

The way to make money from legerdemain is to find one of the many lockbox city farms routes and run them in circles until you max out your sales for the day, that is little harder since 1T and everyone being in competition with each other.

Normally you'd invest into auto-lockpicking as well because at max it's like 9 in 10 times you'll just nail it one and then they'll be that one time you'll go through 10 lockpick in a row.

Care to explain?
I mean you'll want to level TG anyway for the haggling passive, the guts take a couple hours at best and then it takes about 30 seconds to sell the max amount once everyday for like a week or two.

Good afternoon /tesog/

I want to do a series of stream videos playing eso... however I will be role playing a Radom generated character
And also it will be a nuzlocke challenge mode for the lulz and also in order to keep it short and relative

What would be the best rules for an ESO nuzlocke challenge?

How would you rank the classes from best to worst for healer?

I'd say it goes Templar>sorcerer/nightblade>>>>dragonknight

well, anyone can use the thief stone so it's only 8%. also the khajiit has no increase to stamina. max stamina and magicka adds damage to your respective attacks. stamina attacks scale off max stamina and magicka attacks scale off max magicka. the khajiit also has subpar sustain from its racials so it requires a little more to able to spam your attacks unlike the redguard or bosmer. it's balanced and not as big of an advantage as you might think

raid the stalls in shadowfen. it takes more time, however you pretty much have to try and get a bounty. about 10 minutes per day

so doing a bosmer night blade is perfectly fine for both pvp and pve?

bosmer is a top choice for pvp due to their stamina sustain. crit is worthless in pvp against good players who are running traits that basically make them immune to crit damage. khajiit is more suited for pve

nice was thinking about that a lot recently
i wanted to do bosmer because you can make them look extremely cute but the other stamina races seemed kinda better

orc and redguard are better in a straight up fight. the bosmer can gank due to the stealth bonus and go toe to toe if you need to

>read patch notes
>wonder if devs are playing the same game as me/more hope is lost
>decide to sell some shit for housing after not playing for a while
>all the stuff in my mailbox was deleted
>left it in my mailbox because I don't have room anywhere else now that I don't sub and shit is flooding my inv/bank
>housing won't have storage
>realize I spend more time managing stupid shit and dealing with bugs than actually playing

I'm thinking of making a dunmer Templar vampire. Is this a bad idea or a really good idea that makes you wet at the thought of?

Flawless Dawnbreaker or Dawnbreaker of Smiting?

Wait, what? The whole point of the house is to have a place to put your stuff.

Does anything really change once I hit CP160? Other than not being instantly kicked from veteran dungeons? Also is getting pledges then looking up a guide for the differences the best way to start veteran dungeons?

:3

Nah just make crafting benches bro. Waste all your money making crafting benches.

I'm only running 4/5 addons but when I try to reload my it takes at least 60 seconds. Is this normal or due to my addons/something else?

Pve or pvp?
I had the same idea but trust me you dont do vampire for pve its annoying as fuck
Slightly stronger fire attack will burst you down like hell
Its viable in pvp but mind siege weapons

Sounds edgy as fuck.

Sounds like an addon problem, but there's an addon that can fix your addons.
esoui.com/downloads/info883-ShissusLUAMemory.html

I want this character to be my main and I don't know if I should pick dunmer Templar or dunmer nightblade. I will be doing PvP and PvE ideally and want a class and rave combo that can tank, heal, DPS, and gank in PvP if I ever want to try it. I know mag NB can gank and SAP heal/tank but is magplar better?

>Does anything really change once I hit CP160?
The gear you get will be permanent and is thus worth upgrading to legendary
>looking up a guide for the differences
That's a good thing to do and I have done it with all of the DLC dungeons, could be a waste of time for most non-dlc dungeons though since they aren't too hard(trashmob-wise).
I'd definitely recommend watching a video on the hardmode differences for the dungeons you want to do, some dungeons are easy as fuck and then you reach the final boss and activate the scroll and suddenly this one fight makes the dungeon overall harder than another

IMPOSSIBLE
OUTRAGEOUS
I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THIS WHAT HAVE I BEEN SAVING FOR

Gotta get those subs somehow. What better way than keeping inventory space to a minimum.

>Begginer

This is heavy. The other sad quest that I won't forget is the skooma family and burned house.

Having played a DK healer quite a bit, I'd say Templar>>>DK>Sorc>NB

I'm still thinking of putting together a trinimacs valor +sentinel of rkugamz/infernal guardian set, only because it should proc more than often enough with igneous shield being the source of major mending. Just have to build up my tolerance for people getting shitty at me when they never actually play healers.

When sorc twilights get that hp/resist bonus next patch they'll probably go back to second best for me though. They might not get major mending easily but the twilight heal is strong as fuck

Why do you put NB that low when they get bonuses to healing through siphoning?

depending on how full your bars get with siphon skills you'll probably have a 6-9% bonus, but templars get a 25% increase from just standing in extended ritual and DKs get 25% for 6 seconds with every shield

Add on to that much more limited burst healing and the soon-to-be-nerfed-even-further funnel health, I just don't think NBs make good healers

The Weekend Lore thread is dead but I had a question that I would probably forget between now and Friday night - is there an in-game explanation for how the Imperials got their very Roman flavor in Morrowind?

Imperials didn't exist until Morrowind.

Why doesn't this game have more than 4 classes when tes spirited Is unlimited customization. Why does it only have TWO useful attributes when scaling and balancing individual skills and combinations would be so much easier if players actually had to make meaningful build choices? Why are set items the only valuable pieces of gear in a game that hopes to keep pve engaging? No uniques? Rares with varying stats?

What a colossal fuck up if a game. Only people born in the 90s with no previous rpg experience would find this shot enjoyable after reaching end game

I think the real question is why the fuck they lost it in Oblivion.

Dunmer.

>WE WUZ GODS

Dunmer are the religious fundamentalists.