There is no such thing as a true FWD sports car

There is no such thing as a true FWD sports car.

Other urls found in this thread:

autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/v/main/comparison/2014-Subaru-BRZ-vs-Ford-Fiesta-ST/2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-vs-Subaru-BRZ_001.png.html
toyota.com/86/
ford.com/cars/fiesta/2017/models/fiesta-st/
youtube.com/watch?v=bXuGhEE8t1U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

stay btfo

Yup, the Elan is the exception.

>college girls car
>slower than pretty much everything
Wew

>factory riced hatchback
>""""sports""""

top kek

>this_is_bait.aspx

>slower than pretty much everything
It's faster than the god machine

That's not a Ford though

Ita slower than a camry, mazda 6, maxima, most minivans. Etc

maybe if you tell yourself that over and over again, it will become true.

fun fact: GT86 also has intentionally low grip tires, while the ST comes with tryhard, sticky RE050A trackday tires. GT86 still beat it somehow.

>It's faster if you modify it

of course it will be you fucking retard.

unfortunately for you, both the cars in that test were bone stock.

autoguide.com/gallery/gallery.php/v/main/comparison/2014-Subaru-BRZ-vs-Ford-Fiesta-ST/2014-Ford-Fiesta-ST-vs-Subaru-BRZ_001.png.html

and here are a few more for you

Toronto Motorsports Park
Scion FR-S 1:26.20
Ford Fiesta ST 1:28.08

Killarney
Toyota GT86 Deon Joubert 1:31.93
Ford Fiesta ST Deon Joubert 1:32.80

Le Mans (Bugatti)
Subaru BRZ 2:06.80
Ford Fiesta ST 2:08.18

reminder that those 86 are still on notoriously ungrippy ''prius'' tires.

So what you are saying is that if I spend roughly $7-8k more that a fiesta st I can get a car that is 1/3 of a second faster around that track.

good to know.

and a proper real wheel drive chassis you can actually build on. not a FWD torquesteering deathtrap that'll make you look hella gay.

give the 86 the same tires the fiesta has, and it would absolutely molest it. not just beat it moderately.

not a sports car.

its a girls car.

>skimp on interior
>skimp on tires
>outsource motor to save money on R&D and engineering labor
>still 7k more expensive
>not even a full second faster
Yeah, what a case you've made

so on top of the extra cost of 7k-ish dollars compared to the ST it will need about 700+ dollars worth of tires to beat a torque steering death trap hatchback.

thanks fot the fyi user.

fwd faggots eternally btfo

i would put forth the honda integra super dooper type R whatever it was that only came in white and had a completely different subframe.

>more expensive
>needs to replace tires to beat a FWD eurobox reliably
>b-btfo

And you'd be wrong

>is too much of a poor piece of shit to spend more money on a better car
>is also too stupid to realize that the 86 twins have demolished all of fords fwd trash consistently

sounds like you got btfo pretty goddamn hard to me famalam

you wanna cry some more?

interior in the 86 is way better than the ford if you ask me.

>outsource motor to save money on R&D and engineering labor

you might want to look up what outsourcing means.

>>still 7k more expensive

more like 4-5K

toyota.com/86/

ford.com/cars/fiesta/2017/models/fiesta-st/

>>not even a full second faster

do I need 3 attempts to point out that the ST comes with potenzas, whereas the 86 has tires meant to make the car fun and lively at low speeds?

the 86 is faster in every considerable way, even with tires completely unsuited for track use.

yes, because normal adult people don't bang their DD tires around a track, then drive home in them. buying tires, wheels and brake pads is something you do if you own one of these cars. and I'd rather not the manufacturer tack on the price for some tires I might not want, and give me the option what to buy myself.

your OEM wheels and tires are for every day use. you put your track 245's in the trunk

one would almost think you don't actually have any sort of first hand experience with cars considering how you think changing tires is something novel and outlandish.

a GT86 with potenzas, same line of tires the ST is using here, reguarly beats porsche 996 and 997 official times on the burgerkingring. give the porsche good, new performance tires again, and its suddenly much faster again.

i can't believe im still on this fucking board

stop being salty that a v6 altima is faster than the panther/turd gen/foxbody whatever RWD barge you drive is.

>being able to afford a 12k used car means I have money
You have a wake up call coming when Ahmed and your mother kick you out of the basement

I'm not that guy. I just find it hilarious that people still defend the 86. We get it bro, you financed at 19.99% apr and are trying to justify the buyers remorse, it's okay

this is now a hachiroku thread

fuck every last one of you

stop projecting, its sad.

>he is this mad that his car is fwd

Toronto
>Ford Focus ST 1:24.45
Killarney
>VW Golf GTI (Mk VI) Deon Joubert 1:31.21
Le Mans (Bugatti)
Honda Civic Type R (FK2) Christophe Tinseau 2:00.83

If lap times are all that matters then the FRS and BRZ is not a sports car.

>Permanent tow hook and sign for it
Boxer shits the bed that often huh?

>a GT86 with potenzas, same line of tires the ST is using here, reguarly beats porsche 996 and 997 official times on the burgerkingring
Don't be ridiculous.

>hurr dur fiesta faster than 86
>gets blown the fuck out
>STOP DEFENDIN UHHHH

no lap times dont fucking matter, in fact it made me sick having to look it up.

but I made my point, and I made ecolag siesta cucks bitter. and that's all that counts.

so i have to change tires and carry them round with me constantly everywhere, spend 700 buck for those tires and spend 7k more for the car. Just to beat a shitty hatchback.

>he's still assmad that fwd is trash & that his wife gets fucked by jamal & tyronius

i agree user, this is now an 86 thread

>e46 m3 in garage
>nipcuck thinks I'm projecting
Cute

I was talking about the DC2 type R as a FWD sports car. I think the BRZ/FRS/86 is fun, but either has too much of a roof or not enough power.

nice dubs.

Funfact the GT86 is also somehow faster than the S2000 despite the slippy rubber.

>ignoring variables

that's just what a big oem has to do to make a low cost car on a unique platform.

where are the equivalents from ford, vw etc etc?

>lol if i lie on the internet people will believe me
>xd

post the buspass cuck

Mazda tried, and failed.

how did they fail? neither are high performance and they both have a few minor issues but they're fundamentally good cars.

yes, you do change your tires before and after you go on a track.

believe it or not, but you also have to change brake pads, and sometimes, even brake fluid!

these are things people actually do in real life.

>>e46 m3 in garage

I saw one of those crashed into a cliff once.

S2000 is an actual proper sports car though, unlike the faggy ST.

>PERMANENT THREADING TECHNOLOGY

its sort of required if you go to a track.

see for yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=bXuGhEE8t1U

DC2 ITR

so what you are saying is that on a car that cost seven grand more I have to modify and constantly change tires to beat a shitty hatchback?

-it costs 4 grand more.

-it already beats a ST with its prius tires

-the sky is blue

these are things we have established like 4 times by now, are you slow in your fucking head?

no you stupid faggot.

a car that costs 7 grand more already wipes the floor with your economy car.

if you change the tires on it, the 86 will wipe the floor with your shitty economy car by an even larger margin.

are all fwd niggers illiterate or is it just you?

>WRB
>BRZ fender garnish
>GT86 bumper

wat

>1/3 of a second
>wipes the floor

so you agree that you have to spend a substantial amount of money to beat a shitty hatchback.

Bumper swaps are pretty common. That 2j swapped car I posted earlier is an FRS with a BRZ bumper.

>mfw all the cars in this thread are cancer

if you car cost you more than $1000 its not even a true shitbox plebs

your own image sort of sums up your posting quite brilliantly.

2 seconds at toronto isn't 1/3 of a second.

I'm not sure if you understand what the point of the thread is.
That being said, OP was already disproven by the Elan.

so the more expensive car with track tires only managed to beat a piece of shit fwd ford @ toronto by two seconds.

awesome.

you really are fucking stupid, aren't you.

FRS has prius tires

fiesta has potenzas

so this god machine comes from the factory with garbage tires and I pay more for this car.

Pretty much, yea. Still a fun car tho. Fast if you put a little bit of money into it.

so its slow.

>tfw nobody replies to integra because they get btfo
6.2 to 60 from a N/A 1.8 liter?
197 Hp from that engine?
Competitive on track with everything posted?
Beats everything posted in a drag?

yes, you do pay more for a dedicated sports car chassis, rear wheel drive, a torsen limited slip differential, and direct injection straight from lexus engineers.

the result is a funnier, more balanced, lower, lighter and faster car compared to the siesta ecolag. it also has heaps of potential, with people running well over 350whp on stock drivetrain, very reliably.

faggy as it sounds, I've drag raced quite a few of those.

i don't know if its drivetrain loss, but they are not that fast. not any longer anyways.

S2000 is still brilliant in every way though.

>Beats everything posted in a drag?
that is irrelevant and not true

>so this god machine comes from the factory with garbage tires

Toyota/Subaru acknowledges the fact that car enthusiasts buy their own wheels and tires. so instead of artificially increasing the cost of the car, they give you some tiny 17x7 wheels and economy tires. It's party trick however, is that they're fun as fuck to slide around on.

I mean the S2k's F20 basically got all the engineering experience from the b18 put into it, they followed the logic of "well we did that one the best we could, but we can do better, so let's up displacement and do it again."
But yeah I'm quoting JDM numbers, USDM is 6.9 to 60 with 185 HP
AKA considerably slower
Also has a worse ratio iirc

no matter how bad /dbt/ gets I can always take solace in knowing the rest of Veeky Forums is much worse.

Whatever you say user.

yep.

and even then, the ones I've driven/driven against, feels more like they're in the 9-10 second to 60 range.

still nice cars though, they just dont deserve all the hype they get.

At least Twingo threads manage to stay comfy.

>9-10 second
You sure you're not racing single cam non type r's
My GSR gets to 60 in 7.2 seconds according to my dashcam

wouldn't surprise me if they are sohc with type R stickers on them, not really.

they'll find a way to ruin that soon.

why dont you go back to your autistic circlejerk, you fucking cunt

Should I? Or go turbo or get a project car?

Spelling Toyota this wrong.

FA20 takes boost really good.

if you just want something reasonably fast, E85, header and tune is plenty to get the car to 210whp.

not a fan of the vortech supercharger, if I wasn't bound by TUV certification crap I'd probably get a greddy turbo.

200hp SW20s can do 0-60 in 5.7 seconds if launched correctly

If it was a jdm sw20, which 240hp, it would be even less

>its sort of required if you go to a track.

hahah oh man we got a racecar driver here folks. He drives a fucking 160WHP BRZ. Hes does open track days once every 6 months. Watch out!

Do you wear a helmet and fire suit at all times while driving too? You don't do you? Take the fucking tow hook off then you fucking ricer.

Why does the fr-s and brz trigger everyone on this board?

Oh I think they're neat little cars and a nice fairly cheap RWD 2 door car.

I fucking loath the people who rice them out, slap huge wings on them, pretend they're Dagumi Tofuboy on the track because my ate-sex muffuka. They've become the go to car for being a boy racer and calling wheels and plastidip a build on your instagram.

overrated and underpowered cars.
Try posting a V6 mustang and see what happens.

some european brands have seriously fast FWD cars, and can be fun to drive, but in my hopinion nothing really beats a RWD for fun

I hear a lot of them sorta suck on the street because they were tuned for muh nurburgingtimes.

The gti clubsport is supposedlyy excellent though

GOAT FWD car

Not even the mustang 5.0L or the focus RS can beat the type R.

still slower than a 25 year old civic

lol who cares about semantics? Some cars are fast and others are slow, but as long as its fun who cares?
>i have a feeling yours is slow

Except there was nothing Toyota about it. At the time, Lotus was owned by GM. The Lotus Elan shares its chassis with the Geo Storm, Isuzu Impulse, and Isuzu Stylus. They even used the Stylus engine.

Toyota had nothing to do with the FWD Lotus Elan.

if this is real

kek

The Mazda 6 is slower. Also please show me one minivan that is faster than the GT86. I'm intrigued.

>V6 mustang
>not posting the superior Camaro ZL1 with the superior engine.

What is this fucking website/app? Always see it around but I can never find it

Why exactly do people here diss on FWD so much?
Is it just a meme?

Fastestlaps dot com

It's usually in 0-60 times that minivans are faster. Don't remember which ones off the top of my head

Thx famalam

What /o thinks of the Mazda MX-3 GS?

Ahem.

It's slower than this