How do you handle sore feet from standing all day...

How do you handle sore feet from standing all day? I work 12 hour shifts as a production lead in a factory and about 4 hours in my feet are killing me. I've tried all types of shoes. The only thing that makes not hurt so much is taking Aleve every day and I know that's bad for my stomach.

>mfw trying to pay attention to somebody talking to me but all that's going through my head is finding some place to sit down for a couple minutes before I have to check another line.

You don't.

Sorry but you need to find another line of work.

12hr shifts on your feet is unconscionable. In 100 years we'll look back at stuff like that and shake our heads.

Only things I would say are Ibuprofin and Dr. Sholls gel inserts. They aren't gonna totally fix the problem though.

Sucks mane.

Yeah, I second gel inserts. Also finding another (better) job.

You should try Crocs.

No joke though, ever been to a hospital? The people who are on their feet all day wear crocs.

Exercise, cardio, run, lose weight

the more you weigh the worse it feels

consider compression stockings

This is coming from someone who regularly does 13-14 hour days.

It was tough, but I didnt have much time to eat, and I started losing a lot of weight, eventually the day felt good. No discomfort at all. I lost around 10-15bs I'd ssay. I stopped going to the gym too. I just do a little calisthenics circuit once a night and its easy.

You have breaks right?
Take off your shoes and hang your feet high. HIGH, otherwise they won't fit in the shoes again.

Gel inserts are supposed to work wonders.

Make sure to rest against objects and to take a minute or two on a chair every so often.

Treat your feet well at home: footboaths, cremes, keep the nails short, all that jazz

I guess I kind of learned to enjoy the pain and view it as evidence that I was doing a good job.

That being said I worked for a company that committed labor law violations and eventually got sued, so I'm getting a little over a grand as a class action member which is nice.

Do they make steel toe Crocs?

What for?

Where do you work?

I always find a place to sit but it's considered "lazy" and people give you weird looks.

Oh and another thing, I have these arc support things for my feet which probably help.

A pharmacy
Non stop moving and no breaks

Damn that sucks.

I work 12 hour shifts in a vinyl factory. I only get 1 hour of break time and can use it whenever I want. I typically take a 15-30-15 every 3 hours, and then use a "I'm gonna go take a shit" break every so often.

I'm a production lead training to be a supervisor so I'm basically constantly walking around watching people work. Once I become Supervisor I will be in an office 50% of the time doing paperwork or updating an excel sheet with inventory, outgoing product, etc. Just getting accustomed to the factory and the process and the people, etc. But God damn my feet kill me. I feel terrible for the workers. I'm going to talk to HR about getting them those memory foam mats to put at their work areas. They have chairs at their computer desks that they can sit in while the machines are running but people always make fun of the ones that sit calling it lazy. I really don't understand the blue collar ego thing but whatever. I guess people would rather have Varicose veins, Plantar fasciitis, and Bunions than good health.

>a wagecuck complaining about his job

You should be using this free time working not surfing the web, wagie

Yeah we have those mats in our pharmacy, they start to help a fuck ton around the last 1-2 hours. We dont even get a chance to sit, I regret going into pharmacy school. I want to work 10 years and get the fuck out

Cat boots. Gell heel Dr Scholes glued in so they don't fucking slide.

Or do like I did and get a job bumbling around in equipment on your ass

Keep your legs moving. Compression socks a day or two a week. More will fuck you up.

What are you thinking of doing when you get out?
You at CVS/wags?
Would you stay in if you could get a job at costco?

I might run some yard work business, or if I still love the profession, maybe consultation.

I'm at CVS, great pay and retirement benefits, but fuck. Drive-thru, pick-up, doctor calls, refill requests, pcq calls(asking people if they need their medication still or if they want refills). I can handle it all right now, but how will it be 10 years from now?

Idk, I hear work conditions at costco are nice. If the pay was around the same, maybe a little less, same 401k options, and a small 30min break where the pharmacy closes, I'd do it.

Keep your head up man.
I'm slotted to be working at Sams club so no drivethru.
I feel you though, I gave myself a fucking anxiety disorder during school worrying about job saturation and killing someone.
Best of luck to you.

That's awesome dude, cherish that job. I thought about moving toward a quieter side of the side where they "need" more pharmacists. Sounds like a cake walk compared to where I am now.

Been working in the same job as you for around 8 years. In the first 3, i had the same problem but then it just stopped hurting.
Get gel inserts. There are docs specialized on this kind of stuff. They can make you the perfect inserts tailored to your needs. It won't stop hurting but it won't hurt as much.

I had this problem standing on concrete for long hours. gonna buy some quality merican made shoes for when I go back to work under the advice of a podiatrist. I wear an EE shoe which is quite wide. make sure you buy shoes that are properly wide enough or you'll have all kinds of problems.

I spend tons of money on tools but I use my shoes 10hrs a day five days a week and won't spend $$$ on them? they're your most important tool imo

also keep your cardio up, swim, don't drink alcohol. gives you gout related issues which make everything worse

Get boots that go over the ankle for entire foot support. Don't cheap out on boots. I like Wolverine's because they're good quality for the I price. I've heard good things about Allegiance and American Heritage footwear. Red Wings aren't as good as they used to be.

Do plantar fascia stretches regularly and get your boots off as soon as you can after work. If you're feeling pain, see a doctor or self treat for plantar fasciitis, or severe supination, or pronation.

stretching, yoga, eating healthy, orthotics also epsom salt baths are a MAJOR KEY
used to work as a plumber 7 days a week

I make 45 dollar an hour sitting all day doing nothing. Just end me now

does your plant not invest in pic related?

my supervisors don't get to stand on them though, we only have them on the assembly lines, and the supervisors are walking all over concrete all day

I weigh 150 pounds

Nope. They have chairs though.

>standing 12 hours a day

I would kill myself desu

>you spend half of the day in pain

I have no idea how this is tolerated. Painful existence