PATS?

I recently got a 99 Ford F-150 XLT for work. I did a tune-up today and now it won't start. The theft light is blinking, but I don't see how a tune up would cause PATS to engage.

The engine doesn't even try to crank. It just clunks.

Other urls found in this thread:

ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Low battery voltage.

FIX

OT

RGAIN

DONY

Need 2 keys. First key in, to the on position until light stops flashing, repeat with 2 key. Or what said

ford-trucks.com/forums/forum25/

Ford ATS are a day at the beach compared to the Chevrolet piece of shit system which is so unreliable that deleting it with an ECU flash is best cure. Worked nicely for me with a rear O2 delete. It was like 75 bucks to have done.

I own Fords and Chevys. Brand loyalty is gay. Trucks are tools, that is all.

I concur on low battery voltage being OPs problem.

I checked the battery, it's giving me 13v

>Trucks are tools, that is all.
>not loving ur trucc

you're the tool

I tried some of the things for PATS, none of them worked, aside from getting new keys from the dealer. But the Theft light isn't blinking when the key is in the on position. I hear a clunk and a whine.

Gotta go back to the problem of it being a Ford then

When you said the theft light was blinking you weren't being all that clear, This isn't a PATS issue.

I checked the battery, it's giving me 13v. Could it be the alternator? Some snow did get in as it was snowing.

OP again, I hear the squeal coming from the alternator. But I'll look into a fresh battery and new battery connectors.

What about other key on components? Blower motor, dash lights, radio etc

All turn on when the key is in the on position.

how reliable are 99-01 F-150s?

Did you give the starter a few good smacks with a hammer? Or just try the solenoid?

I smacked the starter good.

Short the solenoid with a screwdriver?

No. But tomorrow I am taking the battery out to be tested properly. I am going to try the fuel pump reset switch as well.

I am thinking that maybe the coil pack is defective or not grounded properly since the platform it's on is corroded.

It's dark out and cold...but tomorrow I'll pull off one of the plug wires and see if I get energy through the wire.

Nice looking truck, OP!

I know the exact issue with it, and how to fix it. First, take some baking soda and water, along with a very fine grit sandpaper, and apply it in a circular motion on the headlights. Rinse a repeat a couple times, and before you know it, the haze will be gone from the headlights and your truck will not only look better, but be even safer at night!

Safe travels :)

Well thank you, my headlights are clean but my truck isn't starting.