There`s literally no reason to get a 2 door version of a car when a 4 door one exists

There`s literally no reason to get a 2 door version of a car when a 4 door one exists.

This, and civic coupes are ugly as fuck and I don't know why anyone would buy one

Give me one reason why someone would get a coupe other than "it looks sporty". That`s like a woman getting a car because "it looks cute".

You're not at all wrong, but

>muh aesthetics

Only a cuck would let the potential practicality of rear doors make the decision for him.

I think most coupes since the 90s that werent designed from the ground up as coupes look horrid. High beltlines don`t translate into coupes well at all.

there's literally no reason to have more than two doors if you're the only person who uses the car...

fuck

Literally weighs more and is less stiff than a sedan.

why not have the best of both worlds?
>suicide doors pull bitches
>ive yet to have a normalfag get in my car without hear a compliment about them

Superior to the Challenger in every way.

Sure there is. Some of us aren't Hispanic.

I've used my back seats 3 times for passengers in 6 years.

2 doors are easier to get in and out of, have greater visibility because pillar is further back.

Even on shitboxes there are minor differences between the 2dr and 4dr as well. My 2dr accord has better motor mounts than the 4dr version which are vacuum assisted and has a bit more stiffness, it's also 50lbs lighter.

There's literally no reason to get a sedan version of a car when a hatchback version exists.

sounds like you need more friends

Id agree if it was a liftback

>t. Kissless virgin with no friends

Id get a coupe, but holy fuck do they look disgusting. What the fuck happened. Front looks alright but towards the end its real fucking shit. Last great coupe was that pre2000s civic. 6th gen probably? Dont remember

>no manual
Almost perfect

Except in Looks

End of the day you're still driving a Saturn ion.

End of the day your children still have a little troll door like nature intended.

>want car
>4 door isnt available in my country
>buy 2 door version

sure the 4 door one exists.
But i cant fucking buy it.
Fuck you for reminding me you sack of shit.

because im not a fucking family cuck i have no wifes sons to drive around

There's no reason to get a 4 door sedan when wagons exist.

I've had 1 coupe in my entire life out of probably 15 cars and trucks. They are useless. Why not just get a 2 seater? Even my pickup trucks have been 4 doors.

There's also no reason to get different brands of car when a normal car with an engine, seats, body, doors, etc... exists.

Its not about practicality, its about the style. Tell Lamborghini owners that their vehicle is dumb because its low, waste of gas, etc... when a prius exists.

>ywn own a CTS-V wagon.

>Only a cuck would let the potential practicality of rear doors make the decision for him.
ˇfuck you i'm 25 and getting a zzw30.
Ill parrot your line once my wife starts having requirements for family cars.

Listen, I love the Charger but this is misinformed.

>no manual
>weighs more sometimes
>less powerful
>God holy fuck the 2010+ design is garbage. Last gen was great.

Sedan weighs less and is cheaper

Not all 4 door cars; performance or otherwise look better as a coupe or even with the 4 doors they were designed with. you can gain or loose strength with more doors but it also shifts weight distribution. While the BMW 3 series 2 door may weigh more, the car handles better than the 4 door because the weight is where its supposed to be during the turn.

thats the best thing about my car. the only thing anyone can knock it for is badge whoring. And the only people who badge whore are faggots who think that shits important.

What if I don't like shuttling my asshole friends around and want to have the convenient excuse of not being able to take my car because it only seats two?

But no 2.5L

They always weight more.

The coupe is literally a wet noodle though.

>Sedan 18000Nm/deg of torsion
>Coupe 12500Nm

Yea there is, the grand touring trim gives 2.5l and even manual option
Bretty fun little sedan

implying you have friends

Looks mean a lot to me.

e36 coupe looks so Much better imo

Got a rx8 so lol

>They always weight more.

Sedans are already 4000lb+ pigs, An extra 100lbs isn't the end of the world.

2 Door
>lighter
>cheaper for initial buy
>less electricals to break
>generally more structurally sound
>easier to detail with less corners and crevices
>better aerodynamics
>much better looking in almost every case

>inb4 you think you have friends and need a 4 door

/thread

There's literally no reason to get a sedan version of a car when a wagon or even a fucking hatchback exists.

Seconding this.

I thought the doors were kind of cool, but everyone else seems to love them.

door version
>>more structurally sound

You have no idea what you're talking about, lol. There's essentially a giant empty space in the side of a coupe for the giant-fuck door, with a sedan there's additional bracing because there's a b-pillar that goes from the top to the bottom of the car.

It also has little to no effect on aero - the Model S has one of the lowest if not the lowest drag coefficient of any production car ever and it's a huge fat-fuck 4-door.

This post, I like this post

Actually, there is - wagons or hatchbacks have to sacrifice either structural rigidity or add additional weight due to the additional bracing required. They're also louder than sedans. Both of these result from the much larger open space in the rear.

>Yes I would like to pay an insurance premium and still have a long wheelbase, and make my car heavier too please

99% of coupay trims are for posers

If a coupay takes advantage of being a coupay it likely isn't offered as a sedan

I only see women and children driving coupe trims of cars that are otherwise sedans and four door wagons

i don't remember a time when i needed a wagon instead of just the back seats, since nobody ever sits in them

Veeky Forums users would be better off just gutting the rear of a sedan honestly

Lighter less to break.

Actually the only reason to not get the wagon/hatch version is if you like it in the ass.

My man

This. Lift back > all
Idk why companies don't make lift backs any more. For example the 2016 focus and civic both have the perfect rear end and roof styling for a liftback to be sick yet they stick with their tiny trunks

My dad's friend had a RX-8 when I was fairly young and I thought the suicide doors where the fucking best thing ever
still sorta think that

They're barely taller than a normal trunk lid, have a fuck load of heavy glass and that retarded flappy lid thing.

there's literally no reason what so ever to get a wagon, when in 2017 you can get a pickup truck

>mfw no 3 door coupe with suicide door and automatic seatbelts.

civic holds more than youd think back there

All car companies should basically have 3 body styles only.

Roadster
Hatchback
Estate

Everything else is pointless

ITT: PERSONAL TASTE A SHIT, YOU HAVE TO BUY BASED ON MY TOTALLY PROFESSIONAL AND INFORMED OPINIIN

Being one that owns both a 2 and 4 door version of the same car I feel its worth mentioning that the coupe is easier to get in/out of beacuse of a longer door. Seems like a small thing but I enter/exit my car 40 times per day sometimes and definitely notice the difference

Most 4 door cars (anything below and including bmw 3 series) are designed for manlets, and the seats are only temporary.

They're also harder to see out off.

I love having a hatch. It's like having a compact pickup.

There's no reason to get a wagon when crossovers exist.

:)

Looks like you need to get better taste in cars AND furniture.

>Veeky Forums
>your furniture is shit

I can admire quality cabinetry and still like cars.

People don't ask you for rides as much. Everyone prefers to pile in a larger vehicle for comfort, so with a coupe it'll almost always just be a buddy or a qt in the passenger seat. Usually you'll be by yourself, but you still have the option of having 3 or 4 passengers if you really want to. It's just a convenience mostly, especially since the Civic coupe in OP has rear folding seats if you need extra space.

I don't have any family or friends, and have a strong preference for coupe styling. Sue me.

3 door hatchbacks or BUST

If your hatch has more than 3 doors, it's time you turned it into a wagon.

CASE CLOSED

This.

Give me back my EF/EG/EK Civic hatches back

>fuel economy
>secure covered storage
>handling
Yep, absolutely no reason to get a wagon instead of a truck.

Lmao get a load of Tyler over here

Perhaps

E46 coupe looks way worse than the sedan, there`s just too much empty space on the rear quarter panel. The higher the beltline and longer the rear quarter panels the worse coupes tend to look, this is one of the reason why modern sedans don`t translate well into coupes at all. Dedicated coupes can look ok.

>the Model S has one of the lowest if not the lowest drag coefficient of any production car ever and it's a huge fat-fuck 4-door.

Modern coupes are also pigfat for the most part. This is probably the reason why "4-door coupes" are a thing now.

Old meme of 4 doors being less stiff jesus christ that was barely correct 40y ago user, wake up its 2017

Companies don't make lift-backs because you run into the same issue as with wagons and hatchbacks: with a wide opening in the rear you either sacrifice rigidity or more accept a greater cost in weight/materials/R&D to reinforce and/or strengthen the chassis.

Agreed, I don`t get why every hatch has to look like a Golf nowadays, those have shitall for a boot.

>wanting to be a taxi for your bus riding friends

Doesn`t it have lower roofline? What car?

4 doors are MORE stiff though

Maybe in 1970, but that's a big maybe.

It's not my photo.

Also the Volt is awesome.

There's no need to get a that when a this exists

There's no need to get that when this exists.

>2017
>limiting yourself to 4 wheels

>2017+1-1
>Limiting yourself to the ground

Why own a coupe when you can own a hatchback?

chassis rigidity. A hatchback may be lighter, but a coupe will have more rigidity than a hatchback/wagon, and a sedan has more rigidity than all of them.

Planes have to flex a little though

Why limit yourself to earth when you can explore the universe?

Coupes will always look better.

I mean, the new LS is nice too. You can't go wrong two doors or four.

2 door does not equals 2 seats

The only sedan I care about right now has backseats that don't flip over, and even if they did fitting something as simply as a bicycle would turn into a pain in the ass.

>sorry bro, you couldn't fit back there anyways :^)

tell me more about how my e92 coupe doesnt have a b pillar.

>Why limit yourself to earth when you can explore the universe?

Rookie.

Travelling the universe in a shell slowly and one piece at a time. Get on my level and get in my particles.

If you're fast enough, you can see my "Boson on Board" sign. I'll probably be 43 parsecs ahead of you, and yes, I did use my turn signal to move outer, you just haven't seen the shift yet. Don't bother honking at me.... I won't hear it for 14,353,356,623 years anyway.