/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

spiderbot router edition
previous ded:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for retards:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of Ded Earf
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena 2
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general.

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Spengies Server Pasta (never forget)
pastebin.com/uPudaAyJ

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sayano–Shushenskaya_power_station_accident
clanjadewolf.net/mwll/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for abortion soon

REMINDER ONLY YOU CAN FIGHT THE GREEN MENACE

Factorio is balls

military engineering game when?

Honestly I love military games with engineering elements
expecially things involving logistics or damage control

How to find uranium on a spengies blaned if I didn't happen to land close enough to any to pick it up on the ore detector from the ship I spawned in and landed on the planet with? I found a fuckton of silicon and nickel and am considering using that to make solar panel sails to power a large grid rover, and mounting an ore detector on that so I can hunt down some fucking uranium.

fly around with the ship?

The ship didn't come with enough to last for very long. It's been out for a while.

>Milsim games with engineering
Well fucking go on then, give us some examples.

REManon, when is the new version coming?

and immediately get them pointed out as not /egg/?
yeah, that works well

just post them :^)

Soon.

Didn't ask you to find egg games, nerd, he asked for some examples of the thing you said.

Is REM really adding tanks? Didn't you guys say you weren't going to add tanks initially when you dreamed up your game? Will tanks/gameplay pretty much be a better version of Robocuck?

Time for spengies

Robocraps having another robot building competition, but this time its for things that use the new propellers. Submit your "aesthetics" shit, because looks are basically all that matters.

Lead dev Mark "I HATE DOGFIGHTING" Simmons is also mad that players are using the new propellers to make unstoppable drones and shit stomp opposing teams. He said they will give props a spinup time so they wont provide instant direction changes like they do now, but theres no coding in the game to implement it yet, so its probably a few weeks/months away. Its only an alpha afterall. :^)

stable spengs multiplayer with lots of/big grids when?

>starting thread wars

Looks like /egg/ has more in common with /kspg/ than they thought.

REAL thread

Next millenium when some autist mods it himself into an actual good game

:^)

We written remcast now, apparently.

No, tanks were not in the original design. Prebuilt ships in a sphere arena with nothing in it was the "original design." As we git gud at game dev, we increase our scope exponentially. Not increasing the scope of ambition, like say, scam shitizen, but rather the detail of whats already here. Originally, we weren't even sure if armor mechanics could be implemented with any degree of accuracy, but here we are with a fully custom building system with panels having adjustable width that incorporate flawlessly into the structure system. You can build a ship entirely out of panels, btw.

Soon, we'll have a fully dynamic-ish resource system and heat simulation. Soon after, multiplayer.

Once that's in, then the ground stuff. Appreciably, it'll be most similar to world of tanks with custom tanks, but the rewards and progression will be much closer to early robocuck.

Really, we can add anything with a little time, provided we're interesting in it. Aircraft, anyone?

>mfw I saw Gravity on TV last night
Space is some scary shit, famalam

>posting on /egg/
>not already knowing how scary space is

Fucking physicians, man.

I don't usually space any more

>not embracing the void
fug I can't find that one by douman seiman with the robot and the girl that gets left in spess

just wanna support the dev :^)

What's a good way to mine on planets in Spengies, excluding flying ships?

uninstall

flying ships

>Build a ship with hydrogen thrusts.
>Fly to spess and mine asteroids.

:(

By hand?
There isn't really any other way besides ship and hand.

sorry senpai but that really is the only way, good luck trying do fuck with pistons on a moving platform

pretty much has it

Any ideas how to get a big fat bitch with uneven aerodynamic drag to sail/fly in a straight line?

>tfw TT doesn't respond

>add pistons on ship
>character now drifts constantly to one side

>submitted my P-38 into Robocucks prop plane contest

>tons of other fags also submitting P-38s and P-38 lookalikes

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DEJA VU

Do you enjoy simple things /egg/?
Like coming up with various ways to kill knights in "Kween's Fodder" in Besiege?

It's fun to come up with something initially blessed by Clang and then gradually stabilize the contraption.

>playing robocuck
found the problem m8 :^)

how many spitfires are there?

Theres alot of planes called spitfires that people have submitted that look sort of similar to a spitfire, but not accurate. They also all look like they handle like shit.

ded

>Goddamnit Sasha, you haev only one job, and that is to be checkings turbine RPM to make sure it is not of spinnings too fast. Now was not time to be takings bathroom break.

Soon.

is factorio fun_

yes

Im making my own supermarine spitfire.

Is gud so far?

Notmeta/10

step it up senpai

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sayano–Shushenskaya_power_station_accident

That seems pretty straight to me.

I have a problem myself.
I built a sub that uses the constraints on it's upward facing missile controllers to shoot a load of missiles at point blank at the things directly above it. It makes huge fun explosions. The problem is it doesn't always fire when something is above it.

My first thought was that it wanted to shoot a block on the enemy it was targeting that was not above it. So I removed the connection to the main AI with its target cards and snapped a single AI block on each side. This made an improvement, and it seems to fire more often, but still doesn't fire 100% of the time when below an enemy.

I just can't think of a way to make it surely fire when an enemy is above it.

You might try an ACB set to fire weapons when enemies are within a certain distance
I'm not very sure, but is there also an ACB setting that can be triggered when something is in front of the ACB block itself? Make it face upward and it might trigger when an enemy is overhead

REMdevs, I was watching the Remcast and as the ships battled in the background, it felt like there wasn't much feedback to tell the amount of damage your shot did to the enemy ship.
What if blown-away parts glowed hot red for a bit when shot off, before fading to normal colors? Might make it satisfying af to blow out a chunk of someone's ship.

Sent.

It looks straight but watch the bearing readout it does almost a full 90 degree turn.

The targeting in ftd is dark sorcery there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason the AI just picks a spot it wants to shoot and ignores all the massive turrets firing back

We bad teeth naow.

>What if blown-away parts glowed hot red for a bit when shot off, before fading to normal colors? Might make it satisfying af to blow out a chunk of someone's ship.

soon
Well, the easy fix right now is numbers add the amount of damage done to modules and popcorn them off like so.

The actual fix is, yes, making the thrusters being broken off look actually broken and sparkey and add smoke effects on the parts sailing off with some fuel dripping and all that. But fuck you, numbers for now.

Also, we've added a 'boost' button, which functions similarly to the armored core games, where you have a 'flux tank' that is constantly being filled. 'Boosting' takes a chunk of that, and requires a minimum amount. Use too much at once and you have to wait for it to recharge. GUI notification and bar soon.

>kong
>mwo
Its not even the robocuck that makes me hate you.

>he doesnt kong

Come now. We are brothers in our love for ded shitty games.

>not despising bastards that rally behind the fuckers that killed MWLL
My man, consider your life decisions and be ashamed of them.

Mechwarrior is dead brah. I havent touched MWO for over a year now.

The Battletech game is going to be shit, and MW5 is going to be shit. Just let the series die.

and be like me and just wait patiently for the next Armored Core and hope its not shit too.

Mechwarrior living legends was the chosen one. It was supposed to destroy the jews, not join them.

MWO's devs litterally sent them a cease and desist, because nobody was fucking playing the shitty new jew garbage that was MWO when MWLL existed just fine. The MWLL guys had permission from the owners of Mechwarrior and Battletech, but they couldn't support themselves in court. I'm still mad.

Armored core past FA is trash anyway, no point in hoping. Mw5 is litterally the only hope left, and they're going to fuck it up.

I have a spengies feels for everyone.

I used to have a really bad computer, but it was just enough to run spengies.

just go redownload mwll and play it faggot it is still being updated.

>really bad
>enough to run spongos
One and only one my man.

No, it isn't.

When I heard they were adding planets I got excited, because I had always wanted something bigger to work with than asteroids. The addition of atmospheric and natural gravity play was going to be grand.

I went straight to designing a smallship dropship meant to land on the surface with a crew. The idea being a simple raiding vessel. No frills, not much armor.

Then when I installed the update, it turned out my GPU couldn't run planets, it was only DX10 while planets required DX11.

My ugly little craft never got used.

Phenom 2 X3 720
4gb DDR2 667 5-5-5-15
HD4870

you are a retarded faggot but ill spoonfeed you this one clanjadewolf.net/mwll/

and if that link dont work just check out mwll reddit page

I uninstalled the game, and never went back to it. Until I saw a friend play it today. I went back to see if the save loaded. Turns out a bunch of the mods are outdated, but it loads intact.

>clanners
Alright, you have me there. I didn't see the community edition, but that doesn't change the fact the original guys were jewed on by the MWO devs.

I'm really liking Empyrion so far.

unfortunately one of those parts were the cockpits I used, rip

oddly the doors are pink but still function as doors fine

>it didn't copy the pic

It's pretty goddamn comfy.

it was pretty fun
but now that i've created ungodly amounts of iron and copper plates
what the fuck can i use steel for? what do i use all my resources on?

I dont come to this genreal very much but why is minecraft not /egg/? With a shit load of tech and production mods it basically becomes Factorio. You can make huge factories and have automation with logic circuits and even write computer code with other mods to handle production.

>Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.

I'VE JUST BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE

Press "back" and search for "minecraft" in the catalog, you fucking idiot.

Faggot

Because
>it has a general
>the community is infested with superaids

4chins minecraft community is just autistic, there are no retarded physicians or the like there as we have here. But still
>it has it's own general

HWS NA server is down for maintenance. Does anyone know if this is typical or how long it might be?

>it's

Oh boy you just corrected his grammar. Oh boy you sure showed him.
Got 'em.

You can't really make proper factorio like factories in minecraft the same way you can't in real life. There's no way to have a consistent stream of resources, even if you use that strip mining automation nonsense. The monsters are even less of a threat than they are in Factorio and can be marginalized with small fence and some light sources. There's no challenge, no consistency and it manages to chug the framerate somehow when things get busy.

>I'm a massive faggot with shit litteracy: The post.

Sure showed him.

You actually can mostly emulate factorio, given enough tweaking and work put in.
But minecraft doesn't really lend itself to that anyways.
Automating gregtech type autism is more fun anyways.

Still not/egg/ of course, and will probably never be /egg/.
Not ded, and too much fucking drama.

>too much fucking drama.
Nice meme
outsider

>curseforge drama
>forge/lexmanos drama
>jews everywhere
>vanillafags and retards who fall for meme versions
>botania
>doc
>etc.
Drama.

I just spent the last twenty minutes running through the current mcg thread. Its full of idiots screaming at eachother and I'm pretty sure my odds of actually murdering someone in my lifetime improved by a factor of 6.

Not as bad as the mexican scam artist board, mind, you have that going for you.

How do you figure minecraft/tekkit factories aren't "proper" when they're arguably better since you don't have the 2d lodestone around your neck.

I don't want minecraft posters here either, just saying.

>There's no way to have a consistent stream of resources, even if you use that strip mining automation nonsense.

Please read the post next time, thanks.

also, nothing to appreciably work towards like in factorio but that's more about gameplay.