Weekend Garage Thread

What did Veeky Forums get done this weekend?

>put in led dome lights
>greased sway bars mounts
>installed new reverse light
>dumped catch can
>installed a g-trac front brace

I'm ready for spring so I can get my summer wheels and tires back on.

3 more months till somewhat Warm weather...

can't wait lads.

You got rid of your catch can? For what reason?

I can't tell if catch cans are a meme or not but theres no real consensus

I shoveled my driveway and jerked off twice

Revved V8's

I bought a 2010 saab 9-3, 66k miles. Very satisfied so far

He already did all the other babbys first bolt ons, what else is he supposed to do, actually work on the car?

i plowed my driveway and jerked off four times

Was going to do army green bedliner paint on my lifted XJ and install my fender flares because the motorcycle section on craigslist has been looking very good lately. But I didn't even get a chance to start. Maybe next weekend.

is that a Fusion?

brakes mang

I just dumped the oil out of it, I can't imagine running one hurts.

>shitbox has warranted multiple trips to autozone to repair tiny things
>get $20 credit for being a good goy
>buy 3M headlight restoration goo and meguiars interior cleaner
>use both products on shitbox and install a fresh Black Ice on the rear-view mirror
also went to honda and got sun visor clips because mine broke

i jerked off three times and checked these quads

I put more petrol in, and drove a bit.

I already have a work on the car type car, let me have my fun.

>replaced leaky sunroof seals
>installed rear view mirror
>disassembled wiper motor, cleaned rust from magnets and electrical connections to see if I could get it to work again
No dice :(

Not too much. Monitoring my new battery. Had some power issues with my car recently and hopefully it was just a shit battery.

It was a new battery in November but have had to get jumped once, and get a ride to work another time. Was leaving it on a trickle charger overnight just to be sure I could go to work.

When I swapped it out (under warranty) I noticed a crack in the case. No problems so far but I go out a couple times a night with a multimeter to see how it's doing since I'm still not 100% sure something else isn't draining my battery. So far so good.

Just ordered a turbo back exhaust and Cobb Accessport though, so next weekend I'll hopefully be busy.

Did you have to replace the PCV or did you just go with a dual valve catch can?

Put cams back into my rb20. Punched in some new cam seals. Changed wipers on my wife's car too.

Changed the Transmission fluid in my Mazda 3 to full synthetic Redline MT-90.

All I've done recently is change my taillight bulbs because they went out. I have other plans but it's too cold

That E type looks like a basket case

Doesn't look too bad for a series 2 E-type. I've pulled engines on them before, it's a pain in the ass but a lot easier when you have a lift and can pick the rear up.

Scoured Craigslist for an E30 to replace my old one. I found one that's about 6 hours away.
>1987 325is
>No rust
>Runs
>Interior apart, but all there
>Says it can't drive because he left it sitting for a year and has "bad gas"
Said he would go drain it and fill it up in a day or two, and that it should likely be fine.
I have a 325is at home with everything but the engine, which I pulled today and sold.

>Talk me out of it Veeky Forums, I don't have a lot of money because my insurance didn't cover a hit and run

Replaced the whole line with a jlt unit
It was all original and in one piece when I started, but yeah it's mostly stored in labeled boxes now. Engine ran pretty strong at least.

Drive 700lbs worth of friends around only to find that all the sushi places were full for chinese new year

I put a jack under the trans and lowered the motor deeper in to clear the plate, wasn't so bad when I figured out what was going on in there. Was happy to find out it was still the original block.

Have you gotten the Jaguar heritage certificate for it yet?

At the shop we would disconnect the torsion bars and remove the plate at the back, tilt the rear of the car up on the lift, and pull the engine out with a hoist. The angle you get doing it that way makes it a breeze.

Replaced window actuator/motor assembly in my corvette, fixed my coworker's busted bumper so it wouldn't fall off, and installed half of my sound system. I ran out of daylight.

i just sold one of those wiper motors on ebay for 150

I still need to do that. Just been slowly crossing replacement parts off my list while the GT has been chewing on the lion share of my car budget.

1 user: 300lbs
2 Body Pillows: 10lbs
1 Crippling Depression: 390lbs (Figuratively)

It adds up

Changed a fuel filter and the clutch fluid. I wish it was warmer

No garage but I detailed my car on the street. Just a light cleaning basically interior trim and interior windows , outside windows and I wanted to buff out this scratch some asshole put on my car. I also dusted out the mats...wish I coulda brought the shop vac out but I couldent find my extension cord.

Why did you sell the engine? Or is the car totaled otherwise?

The car rolled, I sold the engine to try to get money. I'm parting it out.

I guess I should have specified
I have a 325is with everything but the body and engine*

>got new tyres
>mechanic said all my belts need replacing
>aircon belt still missing
>sump needs resealing
>Water pump hose needs replacing

Surely i can do some of this myself, with no knowledge and basic tools, right Veeky Forums?

Double bowl swap or?

Nah man same parts, old master was shot and the lines going to it were rusting away.

Went to the hand wash. It's still too cold for the carbs to work properly, so back into the garage it goes for another couple months ;_;

What year and model is it?

'71 amc javelin

Oh. I was expecting a 60s model. The double bowl MC looked too fancy to be stock lol

bitchin' dude. Glad to see some of these still around.

thanks senpai

Replaced block-side engine mount bracket without pulling the engine.
In a post-1995 vehicle.
On the intake side.
Pic is it before the fix, snapped clean in half. God only knows how or why.

>swapped some HID's into my stock housings
>muffler delete
>smoked my tail lights
>plastidipped the badges in lime grean
>plastidipped my stock rims black

Basic maintenance shit, Motor oil, Power steering fluid, Antifreeze for rad.

is that a mustang?

Discovered my start-up issue was caused by my coolant temp sensor. Still unsure how it managed to break.
That fixed 6 of the 8 error codes. The last two codes were bank 1 and bank 2 lean so it's an intake manifold gasket change next. My drivers side valve cover is leaking oil so that, and a full egr system swap is going to fill a day when it gets warmer.

Replaced the air intake duct on my Legacy GT. Fucking brittle-ass hoses and gook hand sized spaces. Also topped up the oil.

Replaced the shifter boot. Old one was ripped to shreds and exhaust fumes were making me light headed. Still need to find where the exhaust leak is coming from!, But fixed for now.

Also discovered that cigarette lighter and mirror motor wasn't hooked up. Plugged them in and they work fine. So I can charge my phone now, yay.

Pulled the welded diff out of my Volvo 240 and put a stock open diff in it so it passes inspections, noticed all the welds had cracked too so it ain't going back unless I feel like rewelding it with plates. Also fixed my plate lights. Still need to replace a engine mount rubber piece then it's off to inspection to have it probably still fail. So just a normal weekend in the life of a 27yr old cars owners life I guess. Luckily a friend works at a mechanic shop so I get to work on my car in a proper shop with lifts and high quality tools.

>Bought this shitbox for cheap a week ago
>Finally have a day off to work on it
>Installed new radiator and new hoses
>Changed oil and topped off all the fluids
>New struts all around
>New front rotors and brakes
>Replaced the sunroof and cleaned out the broken glass
>Replaced a headlight that got bashed by a rock right after i fucking got the thing
>Fixed a piece of the broken dash and cleaned the interior

Next is new tires, rims, an alignment, spark plugs, an upstream O2 sensor, and a cat.

ive got two norwegian cats, really fluffy pets.

Did fuck all because I haven't owned a car in months.

Got a neat foam gun that I can hook up to the hose I ran from faucet in my basement to behind my house.

I can rinse off my car with warm soapy water when it gets salty/dirty during the winter when it's too cold to hand wash.

It's worked great so far.

Other than that I've just been doing hektik doughnuts in the snow in my work's parking lot during my lunch

Both correct

put some brake fluid in and cut the stock muffler off for a Thrush Welded muffler. Sounded better straight piped desu.

Jealous of the shop.
I've been a yard mechanic all my life. Tennessee weather is bipolar as fuck

where is that license plate from?

good work user

What hell hole do you hail from? I'm very thankful there are no car inspections here.

Rack bushings, started the older cars, found someone that may be willing to trade a low mileage rx7 for my sc.
Looking at a chebby today. A 350z tomorrow and possibly a cressida with a 1j turbo on Wednesday. It was a dank weekend and the week is looking good

Jesus Christ that engine looks massive

Alberta. We're not required to run front plates, so I found one for the proper year and put it on.

It's fairly narrow at least, I can't imagine trying to work on the later v12 in nearly the same amount of space.