/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Political discussion unrelated to the games belongs on /pol/.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, January 16th:
1547 - Ivan the Terrible was crowned Czar of Russia.
1572 - The Duke of Norfolk was tried for treason for complicity in the Ridolfi plot to restore Catholicism in England. He was executed on June 2.
1919 - The 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which prohibited the sale or transportation of alcoholic beverages, was ratified. It was later repealed by the 21st Amendment.
1925 - Leon Trotsky was dismissed as Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the USSR.

>News
CK2 DD37 - Three Times Greater
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-dd-37-three-times-greater.994778/

EU4 - 1/10
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-10th-of-january-2017.993709/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Companymod
pastebin.com/QqaBfZuF

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y7YnGrRfGko
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Democratic_Union_of_Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First post in the name of the rightful sovereigns of the United Kingdom, the Stuart dynasty.

Be wary of shitposting, and remember to contribute to good, on-topic discussion.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=y7YnGrRfGko

Based

Let's talk politics.

Gay Marriage: Yay or Nay?

r&i btfo

NEVER EVER

>Hearts of Iron IV
Please post the proper infopic next thread lad.

still hurts

Where's the "Post games or fuck off" option?

>Danzig
>Posen
>Sudetendland
>Luxemburg
>South Tyrol
>Marburg
>Pressburg
It ticks all my boxes. This is indeed a pretty good Grossdeutschland.

Personally I believe having 6 threads at 700 replies each will be fucking hillarious

the old ones got culled awhile ago

The best part about it is it's a liberal democracy that came about through Willy having a little "bump" on the head

>liberal democracy
better than the socdem democracy that exists now
Don't even give me the "CDU are centre-right" shit, we all know it ain't true

I'm just poking fun at the tards who think political discussion is inappropriate in a thread about political video games.

;_;

Can someone give me a unique/interesting HPM nation that's not released/isn't hell to play in the early game? Thanks senpaitachi

Egypt into Arab Republic

Hawaii

>CDU are centre-right
Literally who says that?

Mostly Labour-voting Britons on leddit trying to push the "America is super-far-right-wing" maymay

Their definition says this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Democratic_Union_of_Germany

>mfw f a m s gets filtered to senpaitachi
>mfw i have no face

Who the fuck is even talking about your continental shithole here, Jamal?

I'm saying that left-wing Euros on leddit say that left-wing parties like the CDU are actually centrist or right-wing and then say American parties are so super-right-wing compared to tolerant and reasonable Europe

Whatever you say Ibrahim. Don't you have some rapes that you need covering up by Her Majesty's Tolerance Police?

so what to do now.
any ideas for eu4, hoi4. my shit pc cant handle ck2 and im tired of vic 2

>warblunder

>liberal-conservative
>It is the major catch-all party of the centre-right in German politics.
>bluepills really think this

>isn't hell to play in the early game

hell in the early game leads to paradise in the afterlife

Persia desu

>that's not released

Can't you fucking burgers read?

>Persia
>released

see>that's not released

Africamodlad, are you here?

Emirate of Bhukara --> Tatarstan

Truly causes one to ponder

GrossAlbaniums but with a couple event 14680s thrown in there. Make the whole lower Balkans red and muslim.

What's up?

Can you add an Israeli Madagascar option?

ebin

I found a bigger version of that shitty wikipedia map, clearly showing the actual size of Zoutpansberg in North East Transvaal. It actually makes a pretty nicely sized province, not so small it's unclickable but small enough to look irrelevant.

Playing HOI4 again.

UK or USSR, pick one for me.

I'll add it to the to-do list because it is something that was legitimately suggested at one point

Your reply was completely unnecessary.

I never played a Prot*stant country before, who should I pick?

-Holland
-Sweden
-Brandenburg
-England

Well fuck you too.

Very nice, that's a big help. Thanks lad.

Did you see my post last thread about the Egyptian Levant?

>because it is something that was legitimately suggested at one point

What did he mean by this?

Fuck off hue subhuman

I did. I just chose not to reply because it's a really autistic thing that no one but you cares about.

bruh look at this dude

wait till you see the-

oh no no no

Ouch

Oops, I thought I replied but I guess I forgot. It seems good to me, but province adjustments outside of the immediate area I'm currently working on (South Africa) will be awhile because province modding is a bit of a hassle.
Also looks good, I'll probably implement it if there's a suitable alternative to the current border

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_Plan
Unlikely and retarded, yes, but I could add it as meme decision just for fun, outside the main mod

Hue?

What makes you think I'm a BR monkey.

Ulster.

lad there's a guy impersonating you right here You should probably say something to him :3

He's just another am*rican using a scape goat to pretend he's superior to the Catholic Master Race.

>Protestant Ireland

ISHYGGIDIGGYBIGGIE

I just stared playing EUIV, I did one 4 hour test run and got a hold on a lot of the mechanics. What idea tree should I take? I don't have the faintest idea what is the best.

>playing as a custom nation on your first actual playhouse
why lad.

I literally just remade Holland ( the in game minor ) and renamed it to Gross Hollandiums

yeah but now all of your unique decisions and events are gone. unless you actually modded the name of the nation

Can anybody tell me why the event options won't show up? Everything looks fine as far as I can tell, but something fucked up

Oh, excuse my autism. I thought you were implying my suggestion wasn't legitimate.

Will you add more opportunities to play white African nations? I'm about to start a German Kenya game as HPM using the "Reorganize [Colony]" decision. Would be cool if this feature could be expanded upon.

I remember now, I renamed them because Holland starts off under a PU with Burgendy and I didn't want to deal with that. Also there are no unique decisions for Holland. Did my own ideas as well.

s w e d e n

post the file you goddamn idiot

Land Reclamation in Holland
Effects
Add Administrative power.png -50 administrative power
Holland gain the province modifier "Development of Amsterdam" for the rest of the campaign:
Development cost.png -25% Development cost

Here's the important part, when I run the event it checks all the triggers for it just fine, only screws up the options

thanks lad

also see if you can fix this

for some reason Iraq is civilised in 1836,

>you still get the repopulating countryside modifier if you deny the event

Oh fuck, I need to fix that

Dude it's my first game since 3+ years ago. I have no idea what I'm doing, can you please just lend a guy a hand.

>for some reason Iraq is civilised in 1836,
Actually Iraq itself isn't, but the Iraqi states should be treated as civilized states under Ottoman rule. The problem is that the Levant should as well, but there's no way to do so.

>but the Iraqi states should be treated as civilized states under Ottoman rule.
Why?

That's strange, they're not marked as civilized in their history file. Is that in normal HPM, with Iraq released from the Ottomans?

>Will you add more opportunities to play white African nations?
How so? Like seperate tags/event for colonial countries with European primary cultures?
I'll take any opportunity to expand diversity of gameplay, so yes, I will if I can, I'm just not sure how to go about it in a historical context.
I do plan on creating a tag for French-ruled Algeria, given the massive numbers of Frenchmen living in Algeria.

Lad could you help me with this?

Which are the most important Commerce techs to prioritize?

>slaves not as productive as farmers

paradox fell for the libertarian incentive meme

Did you already take the colony one? All four of the main military ones are decent, Economic and Administrative are also very solid.

Throughput and input.

fineeee, the next idea depends on your next move as a country. if you plan to colonize you need obviously that idea, if you re going to start expanding go offensive.

>there's people who can enjoy victoria after they realize it has completely broken mechanics, AI and especially military elements

Life grows darker day by day tbqh

How would one go about modding it so slaves are more productive until like 1880 with mechanized farming?
Do slaves have an 'owner' pop?
Do they make money for landowners?

Get the 1836 techs from the 4th column, then if you really need money get the tax efficiency techs and if not then prioritise the 5th column followed by the 3rd column.

Is a 1% bonus really that meaningful?

What is this fucking meme? Like holy fuck, I'm the emperor and just retook 3 imperial provinces from french fags, " HURR HURR +200 AGGRESSIVE EXPANSION ". 30 nations in a coalition against me, this is fucking retarded.

Not possible. Unless you save the game and edit the files. I'm not sure if that would be save game compatible tho.

>Is that in normal HPM, with Iraq released from the Ottomans?
normal HPM, didn't release Iraq, that's just what the civilisation map mode looks like at 1836.

Here's a picture of the Middle East a few years later.

>He thinks slaves actually worked harder than free white farmers

wew lad.you can win the coallition war if the declare on you. try to get any of the biggest blobs near you as allies.

It adds up over time.

"""""historical"""""

I already have austria + two other HRE majors.

In order, what bonuses are the best to have:
>1% factory throughput
>1% factory input efficiency
>1% factory output efficiency

UK