/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #654 - Low Poly Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile.twitter.com/TobyTheMediocre/status/821199347337613313
mobile.twitter.com/TobyYatesBarre2/status/821211391747096576
youtu.be/_GxK5bafAok
tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Knuckles_the_Echidna
tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Bartleby_Montclair_of_Dresdin
tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Manic_The_Hedgehog
tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Sonia_The_Hedgehog
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FAST

Tomorrow is a big day.

Reminder that Shadow literally hates all of humanity and likes nothing

mobile.twitter.com/TobyTheMediocre/status/821199347337613313
Is Toby drunk...?

Are you I'malegitsourcebelievemeguys user?

So any PROOF or SOURCE or EVIDENCE that Archie Sonic is dead?

>Fire sale
>Subs gone
>FCBD replaced
It's dead jim

No, but fans are or already have been bombarding Archie for answers throught twitter, emails, and phone calls. Assuming, people go back to work tomorrow, we should get some answer if this situation is nothing serious.

Why is that?

10 out of fucking ten

Everything is speculation. No one knows for sure.

>Fire sale

Actually they're doing a sale on a ton of comics. Sonic just happens to be one of them.

my original character can kick his original character's ass!

/sthg/, meet your new waifu!

Low poly edition? Fuck yes!

I love you, Toby

On the bright side if archie really has lost the license someone else may be able to pick it up if Sega lets them.

Wow.

Top fucking kek

Could someone draw Big the cat sitting down on someone?

Wasn't Toby wanting to work on the comics someday?

This might be his method of venting.

If you love him so much, why don't you marry him?

i kid, it's just fun bait.

i'd like it better if they were in fact a robot but what's done is done and short of another retcon (which would be worse than having made the first one) it isn't possible to change the current state of the character (read: nonexistence anyway because SEGA is stupid).

being a robot clone of the original would certainly have been a better fate than being part space demon

Holy fucking shit, he's lost it!

You can't post these without the captions
For the first one
>Meet Lauaren Sue world!! She's 50% robot, 50% pirate, and 100% kickass hottie hot hot action girl!!
For the second one
>She has to find the Treasure of Funlantis before the bad Roclucknic does! He's a villain because he does'nt support lgbt rights

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N

I much as I love him, in hindsight, maybe he should have stayed dead.

>i
You have no idea how many Shadow fans would be fucking pissed. And believe me, Shadow has a LOT of fans. Like, if all the Tailsfags and Shadowfags fought, Shadowfags would win purely by numbers.

mobile.twitter.com/TobyYatesBarre2/status/821211391747096576

Is anybody else watching Game Informer's let's play of 06?

Beautiful.

>GI

absolutely disgusting

>Game Informer
>Gamestop's shill magazine
No
Toby please put down the bottle

He's lost it.

Holy shit

Except they already got robot clone Shadow, and I feel like coming to terms with that and his relationship with Omega (who very clearly knew from the start what is and is not an Eggman robot) could have had a little more weight to it.

but nah he's an alien. and now he's a generic GUN military agent. also omega is there too. and now they barely exist.

I'm aware of that. He's #2 favorite character in the franchise. But I just feel like, in light of his shitty game and the constant "ow the edge" memes that spawned out of it, death would have been a better option for the character. Because now he's a joke.

He's gone, dudes.

Nope.

Didn't someone post a new Shadow render in a previous thread? Maybe he'll be in 2017. pls ;_;

Nintendo and Sega release renders of all their characters at least once per year. Doesn't mean they'll be in a mainline Mario game.

Given Shadow's general hatred of humanity, he shouldn't of joined GUN. In fact I kind of see him as a vagabound just going around the world alone. Makes more sense for his character. Perhaps he'd get a purpose or motivation that wasn't something a dead girl wanted

But the reason he joined G.U.N. was to put his past behind him. That was the entire point of him finding out his complete origins in his game. So he could come to terms with his past and move past it.

Please don't crush my dreams user, I just want characters who aren't Sonic, Tails and Eggman to be relevant again.

I'm sure Project 2017 will be good. It has Classic Sonic and the trailer managed to hold a dark tone without falling apart. I'm just not sure if Shadow will be involved purely because he got a new render.

But he hates humans, why join their organization. He's a complete misanthrope. He'd probably put his past behind him by isolating himself from the world
user we both know that won't happen. You're lucky if we get Tails again

I always wondered what it would be like if Shadow, after Heroes or his game, decided to travel around the world and see it for what it was, since he and Maria wanted to do the same thing, together.

That is true, but teaming up with the organization that pretty much ruined your life is pretty weird. But I guess he was completely serious when he put the past behind him.

If they have, I havent seen it.

>That is true, but teaming up with the organization that pretty much ruined your life is pretty weird. But I guess he was completely serious when he put the past behind him.
Just seems kind of contrived that he'd become some government stooge rather than a free spirit like Sonic, except more introverted and misanthropic

He doesn't hate humans; he's just weary of them since Adventure 2. He protects them because Maria wanted him to make humanity happy. It's why he'd fight as he always had even if humanity ultimately turned against him.

Oh user, you're so silly. Don't you know? Classic Sonic is the new Tails now!

Maria said to protect humans, so that's how he's gonna do it.

Why is this in my favorites list?

youtu.be/_GxK5bafAok

>Classic Sonic is the new Tails now!
I know you're joking, but that would honestly be hilarious as an April Fools joke or something. Just imagine Aaron photoshopping Classic Sonic's head on Tails in all the games.

>He doesn't hate humans; he's just weary of them since Adventure 2. He protects them because Maria wanted him to make humanity happy. It's why he'd fight as he always had even if humanity ultimately turned against him.
It's literally in his official profile that he dislikes all of humanity. The only reason he doesn't murder all of them is because Maria didn't hate them
This. Sega took the idea that people hated Sonic's friends so far that they replaced Tails with Sonic

Actually, in the Japanese script, she begs Shadow to give humanity another chance at happiness because most people on Earth work to bring more happiness to the world.

There's already going to be a new character who will make older characters less and less relevant.

At least we have the core bore.

The new character will likely just be the monster of the week used to explain the time travel. Either that or another Yacker who ultimately does nothing.

>Core 4
You mean the core 2: Modern and Classic Sonic

New character can mean another one-off character or a monster of the week. Hell, it could even mean someone like Mighty or Nack

>He's a villain because he does'nt support lgbt rights
That's not a wise thing to say with all the sjw police around these days.

I was the one that posted that, but I'm in bed now so I can't repost.

As long as I've known Toby from Bumbleking, when you've earned his wrath, he does not give any fucks.

Wonder what took so long to unleash on Penders

I could only imagine the shitstorm that would unfold of SEGA actually did it.

This needs to happen.

Aw, I'm sorry for him, he looks like a nice guy.

could you not

Everything will be okay, /sthg/.

Webber was found dead at the Switch party in New York, he was stabbed by what appeared to be a katana by a man in an all black ninja robe.
He was scene sneaking off to look behind closed doors and his last words were "MR IIZUKA WHY?" before he was killed.
No one knew he was dead until the event was over as they all thought he was just really into his game of 1 2 Switch!

I hope so.

Bollers overall > Penders overall
Penders at his best > Bollers' baseline quality
Penders' baseline quality > Bollers at his worst

what exactly is "Penders at his best"

>Penders at his best > Bollers' baseline quality
Eh, I disagree. Penders at his bet was barely passable. Even when he did his best he adamantly refused to let characters develop naturally and let the title characters accomplish much. Bollers actively developed characters and pushed things forward and had a better overall grasp on the characters

>He has a fucking WIKI

tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Knuckles_the_Echidna

tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Bartleby_Montclair_of_Dresdin

tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Manic_The_Hedgehog

tamers12345.wikia.com/wiki/Sonia_The_Hedgehog

Don't worry, hopefully the comics will continue, even without Archie.

What I really want is a brand new Shin Megami Tensei comic series.

I'm going to be cautiously optimistic.

This. We've been here before, and I hope like before it works out
>What I really want is a brand new Shin Megami Tensei comic series.
I want a Kirby comic myself. It's got enough DEEPEST LORE to sustain itself for a bit, plus I'd love to see the powers on the page

Return to Angel Island is one of the few tolerable pre-ian, post issue 50 stories.

Sonic Colors gave me the same feeling Sonic CD gave me, its just a nice feeling game to play.

Yeah but that's bollers at his best (which is definitely better than Penders at his best)

I agree, Colors is one of my absolute favorite Sonic games!

Are you the user who was asking about buying it used a few threads ago?

Penders at his best is honestly still terrible. People say Penders has good ideas, but he really doesn't. Those ideas are just ripped from whatever he was watching at the time or reading or whatever.

No, just a guy who thinks Colors is great and super relaxing.
Switch port pls seg

Ah ok. I agree, Colors is nice

It's a comfy game

Rings are not naturally occurring items, they're made specifically for Sonic (and other lesser heroes who play a part in aiding Sonic, like Knuckles). They are placed in Sonic's path by his guardian angel, they have magical and life protecting/enhancing properties, it's why they're necessary to shrug off impossible amounts of trauma, and sustain the otherworldly Super state in conjunction with seven chaos emeralds. This is a statue of the angel who creates them and places them on Earth.

You can only beat Sonic games because of divine intervention.

Official mini comics written by Sega

Eggman is American? And he voted for the right choice? Based.

He wrote himself in.

>You can only beat Sonic games because of divine intervention.
>You can only beat Sonic games with rings
Sounds to me like you just need to get good.

Pretty sure he did that to piss Ken off

I would honestly vote for Eggman. Very successful business empire, likes humans, wants humans to do well, but doesn't care about nature or non-humans. He's pretty much just a goofier Lex Luthor, who I would also vote for.

that's so boring

it'd be a lot cooler if the whole world acknowledged rings exist but humans can't take them into their bodies

if you can fanfic i can fanfic too

Sparky no

That whole post was ABOUT why they exist. What are you talking about?
>but humans can't take them into their bodies
Eggman can take them in Sonic Adventure 2

Who

No, his mech can take them to improve its stability. After all, Chaos Emeralds and Rings can work on machinery, as well.

he takes them into his robit tho

the life bar even has little slots for ring energies to stock up

Didn't Robotnik get a power ring in the cartoon once and could feel its power?