If you don't own a pickup, there's something inherently wrong with you

If you don't own a pickup, there's something inherently wrong with you.

And I'm not even saying it has to be your DD. But you need to own one. You aren't going to be going to Lowe's and picking up lumber on the weekend with your shitbox Civic.

>Lowe's and picking up lumber on the weekend
Haha, good joke bro. I'm a manchild that still lives at mummy's, hence no need for projects

>something inherently wrong with you
n-no[internal crying intensifies]

>there's something inherently wrong with you.
You're right, I'm European.

what if I have a midsize SUV OP

Eh, I own a suburban. Close enough

That's pretty much the worse thing you can do.

:∆)

>Lowes

Fucking weekend warriors. Sell your trucks.

>going to Lowe's and picking up lumber
Why the fuck would I want to do that?
They'll deliver that shit, you know.

>falling for the pick up meme
>not realizing that cargo vans are literally built using the same frame and engine and drivetrain as their pick up truck counterparts but offer infinitely more utility

What do I do with lumber on the weekend? Eat it?

And why the hell would I get a pickup truck costing ten grand and eating over a hundred bucks a MONTH just in registration and insurance when I can get a trailer that costs ten percent as much in either regard?

>short bed
>bragging about utility
It'll be a nice fit for your purse, you girl.

I got a long bed S10, and it's the greatest thing ever.

It pretty much just sits parked in my yard, but for those few scenarios when you end up needing a truck, it's the greatest thing ever.

I can't imagine the hassle I'd have to go through to always be borrowing someone elses truck whenever I needed to do shit.

>can't stack above cab height
I can fit everything I own in a medium/light truck with enough creativity and ratchet straps. There's a hard limit if I have to use a van.

And I have fitted everything I own into a van before. It's not my fucking fault that it took burgershits half a century to realize that you can build vans with different roof heights.

Good luck getting that up a logging road to collect fire wood, Good luck towing 15k lbs with that.

First of all are you too poor for central heating, secondly the owners of useless junk like houses on wheels are usually irresponsible spenders and only make up a tiny fraction of truck owners. Most trucks in private hands are completely unnecessary.

Weekend warrior.

>being a cuck
>Owning a truck
Pick one.

I can fit 4 motorcycles in my transit. How many can you fit in your truck?

>he thinks my 7.3 cant haul

Fireplaces and fire are sexy, Women love that shit. Most people who own trucks also have toys to haul.

other than a refrigerator there's literally no excuse.

You wouldn't even make it to the trailhead in a loaded transit van. Also huffing all those fumes on the way there and back... no thanks.

I use my truck for work. When I see some faggot towing a camper, 4 wheeler, 6 bicycles in Dodge 2500 with a gas engine and running boards, I lay on the horn until he gets his queer life out of my way.

What's the best midsize I can use for hauling 500+ in the bed. I have a long bed chebby but the engine sucks. Thinking about selling the truck and my wrx for something a little nicer.

Colorado.

This
>Muh truck muh utility muh manly things for rugged individuals!
>corpulant Gas burner dually that's only used to get garden supplies from Lowe's once a month
>Has only hauled 5 things in the past decade that wouldn't have fit in a car while costing 50x what renting a uhaul would have

What's your price range? I want an ecomeme something fierce though.

I don't carry anything that doesn't fit in my wagon, and I prefer my vehicles having a semblance of handling ability. Trucks have gotten so retardedly big now that they drive like shit no matter what.

While I understand your frustration,I use my truck for truck shit once a month. I mostly just drive my truck because I like driving my truck.

>muh toys

>I pretend to be a rich hardworking contractor but when the fishing trip comes up I have to make excuses about 'storage damage' on my camping trailer so the actual rich contractors don't realize I'm poor as fuck

I lay the seats flat in my Subaru outback. Or get a trailer since it can tow up to 2700lbs. I did have a family truck in my teen years and it's true that it did have some chick magnet power to it.

Modern trucks ride like cars. I bet a modern truck would smoke your Volvo on a twisty back road.

>muh transmission damage

>You aren't going to be going to Lowe's and picking up lumber on the weekend with your shitbox Civic.
I do in my hatchback. Can get everything short of 4x8 plywood.

>transmission damage from towing less than 1000 lbs
lol k

Amerifats don't realize that this is a usual load on their transmission from driving their fat ass and family around.

>ford transit
>reliable

these things are throw away vehicles lol

>YOU NEED 400 HP AND 800 TORKS TO TOW AN ATV
>YOU NEED A COMMERCIAL GRADE TRANSMISSION OR AN ATV WILL GRENADE YOUR DRIVETRAIN

More utility?You have to be completely retarded.Show me a van thats going to do this

Tow your two broken down buddies to the shop? Sounds about right.

no cargo van is going to haul this much weight.
People who actually haul several tons of equipment like farmers aren't going to be using cargo vans lol

ya and what does those two trucks weight?
about 7k a piece?show me a van that will have that ''utility''

For what purpose?

>MY PRIVATE OWNERSHIP OF A COMPLETELY POINTLESS TRUCKBARGE IS JUSTIFIED BECAUSE SOMEONE SOMEWHERE TOWS A TRACTOR WITH IT

Because we fucking can, but I doubt a yurocuck would understand.

So you just pull broken down trucks around for no reason?

thats my truck and trailer faggot.How is it pointless if nothing else can tow that much weight reliably?

>Towing with a e46

LMAO IM DYING LOL

Pretty sure we were arguing about the pointlesness of private truck ownership from the beginning. As soon as you use to make money it's commercial usage, and commercial usage is fine because it makes sense.

I daily drive it as well.I haul friends tractors and backhoe.I dont make money from it.I am only stating this because people trying to compare a cargo van to a diesel truck in terms or utility and capability is laughable

>car cucks will never break fresh trail up a mountain through 2 feet of snow

You hick

Looks more like two inches.

Ay, who I be?
Cargo van man
Wild as the Taliban
Lumber in my right
Plumbing in my other hand.
who I is?
Call me trouble man
always in trouble man
worth a couple hundred grand
vans in all colors man

Is this Biz Markie?

Come to the US we banned muslims

>not owning a sports car and just towing a trailer with it when you need one
>implying you haul shit every single day to justify driving an uncomfortable slow piece of shit that gets even shittier mpgs

What is the Rubberband man Alex

>not building homes for fun

Except if you need to put something in the back that doesn't fit inside the van

>ATV
lmao

keep the eurocucks out as well

>Straps diesel Lincoln Ranger generator to roof of sports car.
>Drives sports car up mountain farm road in 2 feet of snow to get to job site

Muh dick

Interestingly I run a landscaping company and my Suzuki sidekick has been my personal vehicle and also the motorized wheel barrow.

You CAN load them with 1000lbs but I am stepping up to a Dakota seeing as I am literally killing the poor little Suzuki.

It has to be a Dakota because it is the only automatic pickup for sale in my country as I would otherwise be able to afford an 8ton dump truck. My business partner is good at business but can't drive manual. At all

How good are trucks at DORIFTO? Since they're usually RWD and manual, as well as light on the rear, they should be decent, right?

Also muh V8 engine as well.

SUV's are better at off roading

Trucks are meant to carry thing

Since I have to pack in a bunch of camping shit a pickup is perfect.

People drift V8 swapped S10's. The boxy generation is ~2500lbs and cheaper than most stereotypical drift cars.

>But you need to own one.

unless it's for work, nobody really "needs" a truck

if you really need to pick up a shitload of lumber, then you park that civic at u-haul and rent a truck, or go to home depot instead where they also rent trucks and deliver

I got a truck because I wanted it

>we banned muslims
unless they're from Saudi Arabia...or Egypt...

was this in an attempt to evade a wild pack of niggers?

>tfw 5-ton dump truck for sale near me
>Really don't need it for anything but want it anyway
It's a sickness

Just get an Escalade brah.

>more like rent a cuck

Having to rent infers you don't do real work on a regular basis. Clear out for those of us that know how to make this world progress.

I bought a truck purely because I want one.
I'll never be hauling an industrial welder or a backhoe to a job site
I'll never have a giant-ass camper trailer
I'll never put a plow on it
And I don't give a fuck.

I legitimately enjoy driving it, it's literally as bone stock as you can get while still having 4WD, and at the end of the day I'll never find myself in any conceivable personal life situation where I'd have to say I can't do something because of my vehicle.

>you don't do real work on a regular basis
that describes about 95% of truck owners

Hmm, that's good. I ain't got the kind of money for an engine swap, and I doubt I'd find a truck with a good body with dead motor and an ideal engine to put in, so at least you clued me in on the right direction.

What about Toyota pickups, are they any good? My family is convinced that Toyotas will give them the least problems since we own 3 Camries, plus I like some of their aesthetics, like this one.

Toyotas are commonly accepted as exceptionally reliable, which is why new ones are priced pretty high for what they are and old ones use this reputation to enable craigslist gougers to ask upwards of $6000+ for a 90's example with a rusted-to-shit frame and 200k+ miles.

If you can find a decently-priced, older, well-cared-for example in good shape, you've found a unicorn.

>Toyotas will give them the least problems
every make can go a million miles if you actually maintain the thing and every make is going to have shitty apples in the bunch

I ended up with a Tundra

don't buy anything from the rust belt and the frame will be fine, it's easy to find unicorns here in texas

Rangers are just all around better trucks than the s-10 and not at all unreliable. Also not too expensive and have decent pep with the 4.0 v6. I'm not biased at all.

>Rangers are just all around better trucks than the s-10

Absolutely, 100% true and verifiable.

How often to you see a Ranger?

Now how often to you see an S-10 anymore?

There's your answer, right there.

psssssst.... Colorado

I still see way more rangers than those too.

I see way more older rangers on the road than I do older colorados

>implying convertibles aren't basically supercompact pickups

Okay, serious question. What was this particular truck called? Did Toyota seriously badge this as 'Pickup' in the states? Why?

Yes. It's just plain "Toyota Pickup". No other name.

They were called HiLux here back in the early 70's, but they dropped that name by about 1974 or so.

Well damn, thanks for that. I'm also having a hard time finding one of that same year, V6, and manual. Though I did come across this bedless one that's missing the front driver's fender. Maybe I can just get replacement parts and have it assembled back together?

Because they're driven by Geezers that do 2000 miles a year.

Isuzu also did that as well. With the Isuzu Pickup and p'up

PRESS F TO PAY RESPECTS

so colorados were driven by children that drove them into the ground?

A lot were used as work trucks which fucked them up, They couldn't handle the abuse like a full sized truck.

I build a lot of planter boxes and raised garden beds from pallets, haul them from point A to point B, and make regular trips to the plant nursery for established trees in one of these. It's no pickup, but no roof turns out to be insanely practical

Why are tacomas so hyped? I like them and am looking for a truck in that size but it seems like the prices are jacked up just because they are tacomas. Are there other options that are equal or better?

tacomas are hyped (sans some rust issues on the older gens) because of the sheer durability of the fucks. Every mexican in my city owns one for work and all the cl ads are in spanish too. The Euro/Asian version, the hilux went through an insane stress test on topgear looking like pic related and still ran.