RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com.au/itm/360942429418
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carey-park/cars-vans-utes/98-xh-xr8-ute/1134942861
ls1.com.au/forum/archive/index.php/t-82994.html
motormag.com.au/news/1701/hsv-gtsr-w1-revealed
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Alright Veeky Forums I have a KLR650 and have stripped the thing down and changed the carby slider & pulled out the airbox snorkel.

My question is what the best custom exhaust to be putting on the thing because I am rejetting after its done.

Cheers and thanks

2010 bike btw

Fmf q4 I believe is the go to aftermarket exhaust, plenty others but they all shouldnt add anything substantial apart from noise. Fixing that slide and rejetting are your best friends if you are asking about performance

Can my VZ thunder take any standard LS1 exhaust being an L98?
Will a shitty 2.5" $300 catback off ebay sound alright?
Im pretty tight on money at the moment but the noise regulations of that year mean it sounds like my old toyota v6

>when I get back from the US first thing im doing is taking a better picture

Something like this
ebay.com.au/itm/360942429418

Also is it hard to self install an exhaust for someone with standard car maintenance knowlege? Im looking to do more myself on this car but if its a job that you should have a professional then I'll leave it to them

don't be scared of the straight pipe, its only noise.
my v8 only runs hotdogs, has done for years, your probably fine if you don't rev it around cops

Just do a muffler delete and get glass packs.

Factory thunder exhausts are almost depressing

What the fuck is wrong with you people?

AMERICA #1 WOO HOO

What did i miss?

>I have no money
>I want to spend my no money on my car

*I dont have enough to justify spending $6-700 plus because im not one to empty my ban account on a whim

So where was that shit cunt saying trumps planned changes to tourist visas would effect australia? Sorry I didn't Screencast your post, I guess this is embarrassment enough for you

No screenshot no proof, sorry

It wont at all, its only if youre a dual Australian-Iranian citizen
There are 100,000 people coming here a day and 100 have been detained..

The point wasn't that we weren't going to be able to be there, the point was we have to take an extra step ($$$) in travelling to another state just for a shitty interview for a tourist visa.

What is with the sudden spike in S-chassis prices? There was always a bit of a tax but this is getting absurd. The 200SX ones are just as ridiculous.

First one there is one of the NA P plate legal ones.

Second isn't particularly surprisingly for an S15.

those fucking headlights on the autech

>First one there is one of the NA P plate legal ones
Naa m8.

>Second isn't particularly surprisingly for an S15
I swear they were cheaper than that just a year ago. It's probably less costly just to have one imported.

Tasteful as.

They've all been slid into trees so now everyone knows what they got.

>new japanese sports car
>its a v6

Hay guys what did i mis...
>looks at previous thread
Never mind

tfw your btc goes thru and you can finally buy your gear

Btc?

Noice.

I lost 45k when mt.gox got hacked.

bitcoin

>tfw bought into BTC at around $4.

>find 2001 type rb-s rx-7 for sale at a dealership
>65,000km, (legit)
>compression test is fine
>body and interior in perfect condition, the little exterior wear matches mileage
>bone stock apart from wheels
>24k
Anything else around its price is a riced to fuck rb with 200,000km+, and all higher trim models below 30k are dodgy knock offs
In two years it will be impossible to find a genuinely clean and original series 8 for less than 30k

Should I do it?

There was also another dealership trying to sell a '79 rx7 for 35k.
Showroom condition but fuuuck

I was part of the number two mining group in the country around the time BTC was $6.50 or so.

Good amount of money was made before the difficulty spiked.

i never understood whether you had to pay tax on the money made from, tho i suppose you can keep it hidden pretty easily

Fug

?

it's actually been pretty chill the last 24 hours

He means
>nothing interesting happened without me!!!
>i am /dat/'s guardian!!!!!!!!!

Probably because Falcunt isn't here.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/carey-park/cars-vans-utes/98-xh-xr8-ute/1134942861
>good k's
>bad chromies
>great nick

>that price, ruined mah boner

>no more autism edition
>OP is the autist and posted the thread before the bump limit again to beat the other guy

the autism ride never ends on /dat/

>comes back 18 hours later
>just to comment on the fact a thread was made TOO SOON

Look in the mirror, friendo.

nah had to drop trip ive just been lurking
noice

>18 hours later
i only just got home from work, we arent all neets that can sit here for 18 hours mr autismo.

200SX and 180SX make low enough power to weight to apply for a moderate power special consideration, which gets passed provided you haven't lost your probationary licence before.

So no, Autechs are just overpriced shitboxes. They're suited to rich kids who have seen tokyo drift and think cannon exhaust + coupe = fast.

How Veeky Forumsptomistic am i to think i could get my old LS1 to under 6s to 100km/h

Gonna do diff gears 3.7 and Streetable cam (228 238 or there abouts) what would it hypothetically run?

if you withdrew to a bank account, you'd have to pay tax on the income from interest. if you keep it in the btc account, no.

Less than 3.9 is a waste of money. Just a computer tune would get under 6 seconds. My stock barra falcon does 0-100 in 7.1

well with a tuno on the auto it was around 6.4 to a hundy.

that was on 98 tho dunno what it is on pump gas guess ill find out when 95 Ethanol Mix will do

>98
>not pump gas
>gas

>using ethanol blend
>ever

Oops forgot I was a ausfag the 40 degree heat cooked me m8

Meant to say premium vs regular.

Wish fuel wasn't fucked ATM goddamn offshore refineries and tax bullshit

No fuel line or other fuel problems for over 15 years here.

E85 tunes are memes

ethanol blend is for poor cucks

>t. poor cuck
ironic

i have a fetish for sweaty women, is there anywhere where i can find more of this?

japan
anywhere hot
???

Exploded radiator fan bloke here.

Found out that the thermos off my XH parts car fit exactly over the core of the replacement F150 radiator so saved some bux trying to find new fan and shroud.

Also 351 Cleveland is the best Ford V8

>Ford V8
>best
HUE

gm LS here laughing

Reading comprehension isn't your forte is it fatcunt?

he's got a 20k forte though

:^)

Noice

nah i set that free.

only the VX Dunnydoor with the manual swap thats still not done.

Fucking Wrecker sent me a VY Crewman loom

kek

aren't they the same?

Nah me and the mechanic reckon the wrecker fucked the loom they cut the TCS bit off the loom and the clutch switch plug apparently

Sent the wreckers a message im pretty pissed.

Thank fuck the box seems ok, i havent even seen any of it yet since im stuck at home and the mechanic is going away again so probably wont have it done till next week.

Oh and they somehow fucked the cruise control part of the loom too then said this to me on ebay

"95% of manuals don't have traction control (no throttle relaxer) it would have been from a VY SS, but unfortunately all VY SS & even maloo for that matter had no traction control as funny as it sounds"

Is that bullshit? Me and the mechanic checked with his mate who had one and we reckon its all bs

Either gonna leave a bad review or ask for a better loom

Legally yes, but pretty much everyone would cash out into an overseas account and transfer it across to get around tax.

Depends on state. They're outright banned in states not using P/W. The Autech is legal there. Still garbage don't get me wrong, but it makes sense.

I know that dads old VY SS (auto) had it. Maybe Holden knew it's target audience well and made life easier for bogans by turning TC off from the factory.

Can't you look it up online?

Nah not sure where to even look i guess ill look up a service manual

Problem is this is a Manual loom so i am not sure if the wreckers are been straight up or thats just how its come.

Thing is the shop i took it to are trustworthy and have done full conversions like this before and they said it had it on the ones they have done.

Ill drop in there soon and figure out whats going on

Last i checked he said the Speed Relaxer was sticking on at 2500rpm or something so we gonna bypass that

I thought all the states that have restricted cars on P's have p/w.

In QLD, if it's made before 2010, is turbo petrol (turbo diesels are fine to begin with), not a v8 (excluding landcruisers), doesn't make more than 210KW, and is lower than 125KW/ tonne, you can apply for a special consideration which automatically gets passed provided you give them a copy of official specifications (such as a copy of the owners manual).

2010 and over models are fine, no matter what engine combo it is, provided it's under 130kw/ tonne (yes, if there's a modern day v8 landbarge making under 130kw/ t, you can have one on your p's).

I don't understand the whole point of applying for it since it gets automatically put through, provided you didn't lie and you haven't got a million traffic infringements, but the government loves red-tape and employing public servants to do redundant jobs.

I'm pretty sure NSW and VIC just let under 130kw/ tonne cars pass regardless of year. ACT has no such restrictions, neither does WA or NT (unless nt or wa changed that recently).

QLDs laws are kind of silly, because, if you were a smart kid with rich parents, you'd know that you could shit over anyone in a pre-2010 caterham that makes under 210kw (nearly all of them) because their power to weight is insane.

woops, was meant to reply to

Can any VY owners confirm their V8 Manual has Cruise control and TCS?

I am sure these wreckers are bullshitting since my garage says the loom looks like it was cut.

God damnnit i told the wreckers what car i had and i dunno what the go is with this loom

is it so hard to google?

>ls1.com.au/forum/archive/index.php/t-82994.html

SA uses a split system still. 2010 onwards is more or less the same as what you're saying.

Pre-2010 is no V8 (or more), no forced induction (diesels are per case), and isn't on the list of other banned vehicles (think M3s) it's legal regardless of P/W.

It sounds rough until you realise things like 330i, 535D, and a handful of other near 300bhp cars are legal.

but why is cruise control not on the loom?

Thats what really puzzles me as it worked fine on my stock auto loom.

Cheers for the link anyways that clears alot of stuff up

it seems like it was always there on sedans but not on utes.

Welp that explains it because mine came from a Crewmen.

Fingers crossed they get it running soon so we can at least get it on the road and iron out anything.

Ah yeah. I forgot about SA and TAS - just like everyone else who doesn't have to live there.

ol jimmy even scored a audi tt turbo thanks to that shit but its the lowest engine model so it only makes like 178hp.

The two states with lax car laws and covered in twisty road

is using body wash and a loofah gay?, nothing seems the scrub the balls as clean as those things and I can't stop using them

doesnt that have that shit FWD based Halaldex awd shite?

>tells me about the p-plate laws in his state
>continues to try and tell me how lax their car laws are.

yeah sick

wash yourself however you want cunt, nobody can see

the one on the list that jimmy bought is the lowest model and was FWD only and had the smallest turbo

the turbos P platers can have in sa are shite

At least its lighter because FWD only but its slow as shit i bet

i saw that exempt list a while back and it was pretty bad. what about post 2010 turbos? where do they come in for exempt?

The original TTs were 1.8litre engines I think.
Even with the turbo they are pretty fucken slow.

The pre-2010 P plate laws are stupidly lax if you go look what you can drive. I have a full license anyway.

Once your car has an SA plate on it you can pretty much do anything you want to it and you'll probably never be defected or harassed.

NEW THREAD

New Silvia S16

subtle
its Renault Nissan its gonna be crap

so
futura > falcon > fairmont?

Nobody answered my questions :(

F A
K E

>yfw it's FWD, only offered with a V6 and CVT automatic

>being a turbowog shitter

>now available with a turbo 1.5L four banger and cvt or a 3.5L V6 and dual clutch auto
>also FWD, with Haldex AWD as an option

Nah they'll copy the acura nsx and go V6 hybrid

Who's got 170k for a fucking Alpha platform dunnydoor? motormag.com.au/news/1701/hsv-gtsr-w1-revealed

BOOMERS