/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Baboon Edition

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr (embed)

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv (embed)

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj (embed)

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX (embed)

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp (embed)

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BPiHWuvW0Vw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for 70 arcane.

3rd for only pussys fear the old blood

Should I clear out Chalice dungeons down to Lower Pthumeru before Amelia?

If you want decent gems yeah

It's up to you how you do the chalices. I usually do them all in one go after I've cleared the story.

The best you can get at that point is like 18% tempering, right?

+5.5% ATK to open foes >>> +15 flat physical damage. Your counterattack damage is off the chain.

the best setup is probably the Lost version of the HMLS, but that means you will have to farm amygdala for 2 of the gems, and farming Amy sucks and takes forever even if you cheese.

I would just get regular or uncanny and farm the gargoyles for 19.3% gems with +ATK to open foes. It wont take nearly as long as farming 2 amygdalas for 2 good nourishing abyssals.

Nope.

Are those from pre-depth 5 FRCs? Is it even worth wasting time farming those unless you just want to twink on a very low level?

the ideal twinking setup would be any level you want to do it, with full FRC gems.

>one thread is made by Luci
>another has shitty OP picture
Thanks /bbg/

pretty much because it looks fucking stupid

i like bloodborne

/hbg/-chan, daisuki!

Those are from Depth 3 story dungeon respawnable mobs.

Certain enemies drop Cursed Gems regardless of what dungeon they are in.
> Flaming weapon skinny pthumerians drop cursed fire gems
> heated club watchers drop cursed Watcher Gems (mostly physical sometimes other types)
> flaming weapon (or Orange Aura) madmen drop cursed gems with doubled secondary effect
> Pick Axe guys drop cursed gems with Healing as the secondary effect
> Flail Knights drop cursed gems
> Orange Aura scourge beasts drop cursed gems
> a single Shotgun Watcher in a depth 2 Root dungeon dropped Cursed BLT gems. But I've never been able to repeat this.

Chalice's are crazy places.

>Certain enemies drop Cursed Gems regardless of what dungeon they are in.
Ah, I see. Probably at 0.00000001% chance.
>Flail Knights
>scourge beasts
Who?

50Str/25Ski is the best for beast cutter if I stick to the meme meta, right? If yes which other weapons will benefit much from these stats?

almost every single weapon in the game.

No, Watchers/Madmen drop gems frequently, it depends on item discovery but even at base you get a gem every couple runs. And the enemies I listed ALWAYS drop cursed gems. It's not praying for a curse to boost the gems effect. It's like farming mobs in an FRC dungeon, except you have full health.

> who?

how can you not know what a Scourge Beast is? It's litterally the first enemy in the game. In Loran dungeons they can appear in with an orange aura around them that lowers max HP but let's them restore health by hitting you. It also massively improves the quality of gems they drop. There's one in Ailing Loran layer 3 pre-boss bonus room. If you want good Waning gems semi-early (you can get there before Shadows of Yharnam) farm him a few times.

Flail Knights are quite obviously chalice Knights, specifically the ones with motherfucking flails. They drop cursed gems for some reason. At least this one did.

youtube.com/watch?v=BPiHWuvW0Vw

Scourge Beasts are typically called lycanthropes here.

Is it worth it to go Arc for boomhammer or just cap strength?

Which is the optimal type? Lost?

Whirligig, Hunter Axe, LHB, Saw Cleaver, Steak Driver, Beast Claw.

Ah, you mean just werewolves, like the one in the clinic?
And I guessed those were the knights you were talking about, but I honestly don't remember them ever wielding a flail. It's always a greatsword or a crossbow. Or both really, since they switch to melee weapon if you're too close.

So, basically, what you're saying is the way to get 20%+ tempering gems is to farm the branding iron fatties?

I ran the numbers and decided that 50/25 Boomhammer looked better, especially because the thing only does fire damage on the first attack after tricking.

The arc is only improving your fire damage.

I have never once seen them called that on bbg, and I'm here all the time.

People either call them werewolves or scourge beasts when they want to use the offical name.

STR first, ARC as a secondary stat. Although if you want to use the Wheel/Toni/HMS then going 25/50 will be best. Boom Hammer won't be optimised, but serviceable enough and other STR+ARC weapons will shine.

Uncanny if you are going full STR with no ARC, blunt gems are best. Lost is for if you have sizeable amounts of both stats. In which case you want three Nourishing Abyysals. One from Pthumeru FRC Rom (gargoyles if you are lazy) with +15 Phys secondary effect, one from Loran FRC Amy with +15 Fire secondary effect and one from FRC Isz Amy with +15 fire or 15 Phys secondary effect.

tfw you get lucky enough to have FRC Ebrietas show up with a big altar in the middle of the room that she can't charge through, making her the easiest boss fight in the game

Why do we go above BL 100 for pvp? There is no good reason.

Lower Pthumeru layer 2 lever guardian, nicknamed Lumpy long ago for a very arbitrary reason.

That fact sack of parry-bait (seriously you can parry him after his swing has finished) drops cursed 20.6% Physical gems semi-frequently. Item Discovery helps.

If you want powerful early game triangle gems you need to go to Lower Hintertomb and farm the Layer 1 pre-boss bonus area Chest Guardian, Clarence, given a name because Lumpy had one that happened to match the object he guarded (L = lever) so he needed one too. He drops 16.5% +14.9 flat physical triangle gems.

Both of them are easily farmable and avalible before Amelia.

>fighting Ludwig with the Holy Moonlight Sword

Holy shit this is so epic. I jump-lightbeamed his face during his beast form right when he landed from a jump and he staggered and I visceraled. I also knocked him out of an incoming charge with an L2 energy attack. But the second part is amazing, especially if you keep going in and out of mid-range instead of just sticking to his dick. That music too

i can't get bloodletter and cannon comfortably under that level

>tfw how boring savescumming is

Thanks. What weapons make good secondaries with 50/25? The wheel would still be decent yea?

>10 end
>50 vit

get out

are you trying to say you need more than 10?

thats a luci-tier shit build

At 50/25 the Wheel is only good untricked.

The 25 Arc would mostly be useless honestly. 50 Str would be great for all the strength-leaning quality weapons in the game though. And HMLS at 50/25 isn't bad, especially untricked, of course.

i'm saying i want more than ten. i'm not trying to play dks2 here.

also, 49 is as high as i ever go with vit.

My point is you can make a perfectly good BT build without going to 120, not that my build is ideal for everyone.

>there are people to this day that put points into END

I though this was a meme for sure, but I'm doing a 9-End Blt build and I barely notice the "limitation".

well memed friends

Comfy blood moon edition.

I mean I wouldn't want to use it on anything else, but on a Skil and/or Blt? It's nothing.

Oh good call, I haven't used that at all yet. Definitely giving that a shot

how do you fuckers cope with farming gems? its so boring

I usually play a podcast or music while farming

You don't
Only autists do it

Some people want to do more attacks than an idle R1 and waiting for stamina to regen.

Are thrust gems worth it on BoM? I think that roll->r1 in tricked mode would do insane dmg

Depending on what gems you want/ are willing to settle for it's really not bad.

>clear FRC
>make save before the boss
>kill the boss 1-5 times; congrats, you're done

I mean, what else are you doing? If you're spelunking you're clearing FRCs. If you need multiple tries to kill a boss you're fighting the same boss multiple times. If you're helping someone else kill a boss you're fighting a boss you've already killed for the xth time.

So farming isn't mechanically very different than what you're usually doing in the game anyway.

Is that tricked or untricked rollR1?

It's massive damage but I wouldn't say it's worth it, dash r1ing everything will get boring quick.

Check the Google spreadsheet under "damage calculator" pastebin in the OP. Click the "moveset data" tab on the bottom. It will show you the damage-multiplier every attack for every weapon, color coded by damage type (green means thrust)

Eh. Here's some approximations using mugenmonkey.

BoM; 50/25 Skl/Arc 3x 32.6 Thrust (2.331473976)

(120+110)2.331473976 = 536.23901448

tricked Dash R1 modifier (1.4)

1.4(536.23901448) = 750 +80Arc

Church Pick 3x 32.6 Thrust
tricked R1 modifier (1.05)

(176+115)2.331473976 = 678

1.05(678.4589270216) = 712

Heading into NG+ on my first playthrough, using a quality build, softcapped all the relevant attributes already. Should I drop some value points into Arcane to unlock stuff like the Old Hunter's Bone and Empty Phantasm Shell, or just pump points into either my damage stats or Vitality?

While I'm at it, is it worth trying to incorporate the Burial Blade into this build, or is it better on an Arcane-focused build?

That's pretty weird as only the roll r1 is thrust but the step r1 is not.
Also run r1 in both forms.

Oh thanks, seems that it wouldn't be worth it as the AR difference is not that great for only one attack

Don't bother with Arcane for BB, just stick to 50 Skill and some Strength. EPS isn't worth getting 15 Arc for, neither is OHB unless you want anime dashing. 15 Arc for Beast Roar and 18 for Augur is worth it.

If you're at 50 vit/str/skl dumping a few more points in either wouldn't really do much for your damage output. I'd personally go for 15 arc if I were you. Or end, you can never have too much stamina, despite what memers say.

>softcapped
>50

Or even
>just starting NG+
>anything at 50

What are you even trying to >imply?

>not being bl:98 when entering ng+
calm down faggot

What is more fun:
50 Str/ 25 Skl or 25 Str/ 50 Skl ?

50 str/50 skl.

50/25 let's you use most of what 25/50 can use effectively while having Strength weapons. Plus Cannon.

Thanks lads

>he doesn't do the chalices and kill Orphan, Yharnam, Gherman and Moon Presence back to back

>not entering NG+ with 600 vials and bullets

>not carrying over a million blood echoes while shitting on everything in PvE with a completed build and gemmed out

It's like you actually, seriously, truly hate fun.

martry logarius really pisses me off

why does the blunderbuss aim for some spot 2 feet above his head?
why is the run back as long as the boss?
why can't you rally from his overhead slash attack?

The run back is 30 seconds and the overhead slash in phase 2 is a multi hit. You can only rally the last portion of damage received, and to be frank, Logarius isn't one of those bosses you stunlock or trade hits with very well.

Just parry him to death, like half of BB bosses.

Worth getting the uncanny saif for the triangle gem or shoud i stick with the normal one?

Yes.

its like a minute and a half
>sprint to elevator
>take elevator, send it back down
>sprint through library and either kill blowdart guy or lose 200 hp on the ladder
>take ladder
>go across roof, drop down, then again
>then another ladder

Alright so I exaggerated the time back slightly. Who the fuck risks the ghost swarm to kill the blowdart guy? I sprint past and up the ladder and have never needed more than one vial to heal his damage and the drop damage before the ladder. If you're using 19 vials, something is going very wrong no matter what boss you're fighting.

Well there isn't any other way to get there unless he doesn't take the elevator for some reason. I think he is just retarded.

>Who the fuck risks the ghost swarm to kill the blowdart guy?
I've had sessions where I just could not get up that fucking ladder because that little faggot would aggro on me for some reason and then proceed to shoot me enough times to knock me off the latter (since End is a meme, you know), so I totally understand why some people would kill him.

Fuck Logarius. Hate that boss.

>Who the fuck risks the ghost swarm to kill the blowdart guy?
The ghosts are slow as hell and will never be able to catch up with you, and the blowdart guy dies in two hits.
Getting hit by the fucking blowdarts while climbing a ladder is ten times more annoying, even if it's ten seconds faster.

>what is a gun? huuuuuur

"Grasp the runes. They're ours to use."

>there are people in this very thread who didn't kill Logarius in their first try

>solo'd almost every boss
>except logarius
i dont get what makes him so difficult, the individual attacks are easy enough to avoid on their own. maybe its the memes

Where's that Chikage you can get without killing Logarius?

Or is that a Burial Blade you can get without killing Gehrman?

Did I just farm Lumpy for enough Blood (4) to open Ailing Loran early for no reason?

I did because I didn't go to Cainhurst until very late game, and had to look up where to go after going through all of Hemwick Charnel Lane and didn't go near the specific spire thingy you need to

You can only get lost/uncanny weapons if you already own the regular version

Only the DLC weapons have that requisite.

FUCK IT WAS BURIAL BLADE

AND IT'S LOWER LORAN

WHY DIDN'T I JUST CHECK BEFORE I DID THE FARMING

>forgot to kill mother brain for dat living string
>already in ng+

When I die I'm going to kill God for allowing male-pattern baldness.

>Logarius
>first phase: dash in while he's casting and get a hit or two in
>second phase: just parry

>Logarius
>Hit him once, then he jumps in the air
>No matter where or how you dodge he lands on you for 70%
>Do this until you run out of Vials and die

I unironically think Logarius is harder than Ludwig.

You can parry his jump attack. There's a slight delay between the moment he lands and the moment he swings at you. That's when you wanna shoot him. And if you have trouble with that attack, don't get too far away from him, so he wouldn't do it as often.

Not the dumbass anime slide-n-spin. The Akuma-style straight-up-and-down karate chop, except with his sword.

I honestly don't even remember this attack. The boss just dies too quickly.

>:^)

Haven't played the DLC yet. Is Ludwig really the fuckin nightmare people say it is?