Spessmen on a Space Station - SS13 - /ss13g/

Last time on /ss13g/ - spessmen on a spess station: The llast thread was shit edition
>Yred got banned
>Other things happened
>We're overpaying Pomf

>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Veeky Forumsstation forum and logs
ss13.moe/forum/
game.ss13.moe/logs

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>Cryo Autism
pastebin.com/raw/YmAyagUa

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/13447
youtube.com/watch?v=s7cQXXMp_Kk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck mimes.

niggas

>Overpaying
>A man who makes ice cream for a hobby

I say we're not paying him enough

1: "Sacrifice" does not mean kill, it means use your runes to write a sacrifice rune, drag the target over it, and activate it.
2: Convert, nigguhs.
3: If this was cult, who emagged that supermatter shard box? What the fuck?

4th for things aren't so bad and I love you spessmen, all of you

/datum/component is done, I think.

My apartment looks like hell at the moment, so maybe later this week.

nth for things are really bad, group suicide when

This is Strawberrytan/Reica Carter in real life

You can sacrifice the dead.
It requires less people that way too.

i'd wreck that

The cult target takes 3 to pop, even if they're dead.

Not if they're your sacrifice target

I want to marry Strawberrytan/Reica Carter!

PROTIP: Future harm is not a component of Law 1, and you're a shitter if you obstinately ignore Law 2 requests citing future harm.

this sums it up for windows xp ai. You were being obnoxious as fuck for asimov.

L-lewd!
Reica Carter is actually married in the lore, she got married during a ss13 round to my character I played once.

I hope there's flow diagrams for how all this shit works and which does what

Would this mean you can also have AI commanders, who can tell their brood to do specific things? (Okay, it's quiet now, harvest the walls and floors for metal so we can build up our defences. Oh fuck, it's a greyshit, all harvesters move back to rally point C and bring up the disablers to take him to the disassembler to be made into a creep to intercept their cargo transports to the armory)

Gonna RTS the shit outta spess

Chuckles is cute!

This is just a new way of organizing the code for a single entity's AI that decreases copy-pasting and allows for far more modular AI design. I could slap beepsky's hallway navigation shit into a medibot without too much hassle, for instance. However, given time and the inter-component communications, this could easily result in far more complex, intelligent AIs.

Protip: depressurising a commonly used corridor when there's a perfectly fine access point right next to it is fucking stupid and you're an idiot for trying to get me to open it and a bad doctor for not doing everything you can to rapidly acquire the injured.

go away vox scum

which waifu is best for loving, marrying, and raising a family with?

your waifu

More raw, unfinished mapping for your viewing pleasure.

Wasn't there an issue on github about this recently?

ja
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/13447

Will ashe come back to protect felicity's smile?

Sure fag, but where are all the coffee machines
I just prepped my metagame route to include all the coffee machines from your last build and now you've removed them you cuntnugget. I'm getting a fucking ban request going and you will NEVER contribute to Girtbub again. I hope you get a probe up your butt, Probe. Fuck your anus. Please let me fuck you until we both pass out in each-other's arms, Probe. Asshole. Stop playing. Ban when?

they probably broke up and are trying to avoid each other

Don't you worry bucko we've got COFFEE MACHINES IN SPADES

Probe that door in the middle of the room is BRILLIANT

as is the 4-tile wide rwall.

Thanks, Probe. I have strong feelings for you and belts.

>All that wide open wasted space

Spoiler that image before you post!

idgi, are you posting to attentionwhore or to be spiteful or what?

There's not as much wasted space there as there is in your head, fagtron.

Time to swoop in for the rebound and make her fall for me!

Kill yourself underage

Trust me when its filled with dead people, cockroaches, doctors, floor pills, and assistants it will get a lot narrower.

I'm not going to live this down any time soon.

I learned from my sensei Duny. All doctors lockers will have a spawner with a 50% chance of bear. The other 50% will be spider.

While we're on the subject of meme mapping, you should do this sometime. Even if it's only as a half-destroyed vault for fun, it'd be interesting to see what ridiculous shit you can come up with when you're not being reined in.

I'm telling him it's badly designed.

Put the morgue where genetics is, detectives need to access morgue for autopsies
Cryo area is HUUGEE
There is no morgue
No surgery overflow despite deff being the highpop map
I miss the chemistry and r&d window for easy acid and SCIENCE!
>discord
Why does chemistry have two doors, trim some of the top and use that for the rollerbeds
Connect genetics to cloning, no reason for 2 doors to go through
The medbay lobby is too open with no doors or firelocks
No medbay side entrance, even box has this and deff is high pop
Medbay lobby has no disposal
Paramedic has no disposal
Genetics has no disposal
All of medbay but chemistry has no disposal
Doubtful, my head isn't that large
Good response! I can tell you'd be a good coder since criticism is hard for you to comprehend
Box isn't that open and works like a charm even during the worst rides, see all my complaints above.

>Put the morgue where genetics is, detectives need to access morgue for autopsies
I have that covered.
>Cryo area is HUUGEE
It's smaller by height than box and half of it is a dead end with a manncrowave and machines.
>No surgery overflow despite deff being the highpop map
To do
>I miss the chemistry and r&d window for easy acid and SCIENCE!
RnD isn't going anywhere it's still a 5 second walk.
>Why does chemistry have two doors, trim some of the top and use that for the rollerbeds
We already have a shitload of rollerbed space. Chemistry is pretty tight and having multiple entrances is nice and alleviates the feeling of constriction.
>Connect genetics to cloning, no reason for 2 doors to go through
>geneticists cloning people
>The medbay lobby is too open with no doors or firelocks
To do
>No medbay side entrance, even box has this and deff is high pop
You can walk in through genetics. It didn't have a side entrance before and we got by. Metas doesn't have one and we get by.

is 3d ss13 ded?

the images, why are you posting them.

Why do any of us post images?

I'm not sure what you mean. It's ss13 related
>Chemistry is pretty tight
Box chemistry is tight, deff has 2 fucking doors and enough room for 3 players to live in.
>walk in through genetics
Giving greytide shitters easy access to get muh powers. Every round they're going to break in and inject se's until they get hulk
New criticisms I noticed
>No cmo office
>No bloodbags
>No little area to put patients out of the way like the room in front of box surgery (it's so wide and spread out, there's no area to put recovering patients to not get in the way)
>No patient rooms with shitters for SUCC
>No breakroom
>basically no maintenance access that's easy. Patients will die due to radstorms, their blood is on your hands!

Please go take alkysine
>Deff has 2 doors
No it fucking doesn't, go check the map again, it has one door and it sucks anus.
>no cmo office
Probe posted an image with a WIP cmo office you dunce.
>No bloodbags
What part about 'WIP' confuses you so much? he hasn't placed all the items down because he's figuring out where he wants to place the rooms and locations first.
>No little area to put patients out of the way like the room in front of box surgery
Yes, let's make every map exactly like Box to fit your autism, including every tiny indent in the hallways so that you can do the exact same thing every single round with no change whatsoever even if the change just entails moving a patient around a corridor or, fuck, just managing your shit better
>No patient rooms with shitters for SUCC
>No breakroom
Fucking cunt please are you having a STROKE
>basically no maintenance access that's easy. Patients will die due to radstorms, their blood is on your hands!
Only non-braindead thing you said all post and it can be fixed easily by just making medbay rad-shielded like it fucking should be

>nexis is back

I don't play spess anymore but I'm glad some things never change. welcome back baldman please enjoy your stay however long it may be

Post job/department/spessthings themesongs
>greyshit
youtube.com/watch?v=s7cQXXMp_Kk

> waifu captures you and starts raping you

Do you ahelp or just let it happen?

BOX CHEMISTRY HAS OBE DOOR, NEW-DEFF HAS TWO. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

>muh wip
Why post then? He posted to get feedback so I'll give all the feedback I can.
>Make every map like box
Deff is bigger, should have all box has and more at least. The patient area on box is great, I use it a lot when blood bagging people to keep them out of the way.
>Stroke
The box has two patient rooms that can be closed with shutters, this is to put shitters in and jacket them. Or succ as ling. Should have one in deff, it's big enough.
Breakroom has food and food vendors, New-deff has no doctor food. They'll get hungry and be slow.
>can fix easily
Hopefully probe fixes it right away then

If you don't ahelp it you'll get a permaban.

>Why post then?
For LAYOUT criticism. LAYOUT. Not items. Not things he's going to add in the future. Layout.
I'm not going to address the rest of your post because at this point it's going nowhere.

>More raw, unfinished mapping for your viewing pleasure.

We've missed a connection here. I'm posting it to give people something to look at while I work. I did realize that there are space holes, no CMO office, a room FULL OF COFFEE MACHINES, and other issues.

It's more that I'm making sure the basic layout of where everything is doesn't cause a storm of fury.

You are very correct and it's something I'm keeping in mind.

>Given your history and position on this server, this is not going to be acceptable. Ban and length agreed to by myself, Aurx, and another admin
>another admin
Who do you think it is?

i dont know why pain is being vague about it, i thought ban reasons were supposed to be transparent, and half of them never are.

Read the forum post you actual brain dead retards

And I posted a lot of layout criticisms. Sorry not everyone thinks the same as you.

Yes and I posted many things about the layout which I didn't like. I'm sorry I care about the map and don't want an even worse medbay for defficiency which is my favorite map.

Pain says one thing and does another, it's one if the facts of Veeky Forums

that's not the point, the point is he excluded his name and just wrote "and another admin".
Why bother to leave it out?

I bet I could get out of that ban desu, if I just "let it happen" I could claim I was AFK

It was nuke since you're too dumb to read

I did read, so why write "and another admin" instead of "and nuke" ?

Daily reminder to report avatarfags. Only YOU can help Veeky Forums rule enforcement run smoothly.

Oh my god user! You've uncovered some kind of secret admin conspiracy!

I like Defficiency too. Everyone complains the departments aren't very good. Everyone tells me that Medbay isn't designed well and is not enjoyable.

Here is a cozy CMO office.

Move the cartridges to the main table and put a spooky anatomy skeleton in the top left corner

>I disagree but can't argue why I'll just report them
t. )You(

That's a good office.

We have a spooky anatomy skeleton?

Ask yourself this -- if someone can't follow the Veeky Forums rules of 'no avatarfagging', what rules are they breaking on our server? They're probably some shitter who metacoms, then cries about it when they get banned. And that's on TOP of being NeoGAF cancer since they feel the need to have a forum avatar with every post.

>Waaah! Waaah! The rules don't apply to me! Waaah!
Maybe you should pick a crying baby for your avatar mate

Don't, that's lewd

PROTIP: a double airlock doesn't cause depressurization! Quit being a shit.

dead?

Here's a happy little morgue. Just let the ded flow from your heart.

works on my machine

>tfw you actually want to cuddle Avada

>tfw no get well soon ballon to add to morgue

holy fuck I'm giggling.

I opened the [spawner.dm] file while deciding whether I should just list all the medbay clutter items like folders and have a spawner pick from list so mundane stuff changes up round to round.

But this would be perfect. 90/10 chance to spawn either a box of body bags or a box of get well soon balloons that you can tie to mobs.

Make the get well soon balloon box have a 1% chance of spawning with either a syndie balloon or a glove balloon

>Oh you wanted surgery tools?
>That's a shame
>Here's some syndie balloons
>Shouldn't have rolled a 1 fag

Good morning everyone

why genetics is so far alway from science?
how can i powergame with my sciencebros if i have to walk throught the main halls?

Because there was just no way to fit it right without moving it away. I had to make a decision.

be sure to add plenty of newscasters to everything.

What's the point of that security door in the middle of the medbay? What's the point of that little room?

people bitched when probe considered removing it

Good morning user.

The morgue will be WALL TO WALL in them so even the dead will not know peace from your live feed of what the janitor just did.

>try to remove it
>people fuss
>try to maintain it
>people fuss

It was there before. You can argue that its a centrally located security pitstop and they can have a sit in there. They can maintain a presence in Medbay where fights and bad stuff often occurs, but still have some use while mall copping it by watching the cams.

I'm not super sold on the idea but damnit we're gonna keep it.

I feel like we're gonna get a lot of stolen camera consoles because of that window to central

Would anyone even willingly sit there instead of just running around randomly?

Yes.
Line the entire station in newscasters and monitors.
The crew will be informed at maximum volume at all times.

Is there a way I can spam advertisements to the crew?

If you wanted one why not knock over the one in arrivals that
1. Doesn't have plasma glass
2. Isn't IN medbay and next to the bar at a gathering point for the crew
3. ID console!

Fuck if I know in theory it's peachy but in reality it's used once out of every thirty rounds.

Be the AI and bizhorn.ogg .
PDA the AI and order it to bizhorn.ogg
PDA the captain / HoP and ask he make announcements for you.

If you ever ask "How can I get people to notice my labor?" the answer is probably by talking to another player.

Does anyone even man the checkpoint at arrivals either? What does security even do all the time?

what is bizhorn.ogg?

Just tell them to woop.

About as often as the medbay one.
Eat donuts and break the will of the assistants

Security runs around the station validhunting.

no-one mans the arrivals checkpoint because all of sec is too busy trying to stop sixty niggers from breaking into literally every room in the station all the time

People literally came close to murdering me when I actually tried to run a checkpoint at arrivals. I was eventually thrown into solitary

this reminds me of how every time I play a hyperzine-free diona, people tackle me down, cablecuff me, and forcefeed me hyperzine before releasing me.

serb crashed?

serb?

Welp

honked