Greasy windscreen

ffs Veeky Forums
I've tried everything, dish washing soap, expensive as fuck washing fluid, concentrated washing fluid, alcohol, even tar remover and I still get that white-ish film/streaks when the blades pass.
Worst is when it rains a lot the blades start skipping and it makes an horrible noise.

Blades are like 4 months old, Bosch Aerotwin.
What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/CarPro-CP-126-Ceriglass-Kit/dp/B006LO3B3C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe the blades are just shit. Try rain-x latitude

I don't know man. They weren't cheap by any means. About €50 the pair.

Plus I don't think Rain-X sells blades in Europe.

Try cleaning the blades themselves with glass cleaner and paper towels then. I've had nothing but trouble with bosch products, if you can't find rain-x then I'd go for OEM.

diesel

did you try cleaning the inside?

fiat

I wax my windshield just works good.

just get rain-x and apply to windshield

Already did.

Yes, it's clean.

Waxed it one time and it was even worse.

Will do.

dee

zul

wash the windshield with soap and water,

put one hand in a plastic bag and glide it over the windshield,

if it doesn't feel smooth then you need to polish the glass (n.b. you only do this on the outside surface)

if it is totally smooth then maybe the windshield wiper blades aren't installed correctly

I've actually tried cleaning it with some glass wipes and it doesn't really glide smoothly on some parts.

Where do I get it polished? Some detailer?

just polish it with pic. related

Was this a gradual problem or did it just happen overnight?

Don't you need a orbital/rotary buffer?

It's been gradual. I'm only noticing it even more because it's been raining as fuck.

>you need to polish the glass
>tried cleaning it with some glass wipes

you are hopelessly retarded

Dude, what? I tried to clean it with glass wipes just to see if worked better. I didn't know I needed to polish it... It was just to illustrate it didn't glide smoothly.

fuck i guess ill spoonfeed you hopeless retard

bar
keepers
friend

or alternatively you can kill yourself

I guess I'll kill myself, then. Because I don't think I can buy that shit on european stores.

I'm assuming you're a Bong - RHD car. Bar Keepers Friend can be bought in some Pound shops.

Have you tried Autoglym Glass Polish on it? The stuff that goes on as a cream and you have to let dry, not the spray on cleaner.

I'm not a bong, friend. Pic on OP is not mine.

>Have you tried Autoglym Glass Polish on it?
I'll search around on detailer online shops.

OP seems to have calcium deposits on the outer surface. That can happen if he doesn't frequently clean his windshield but allows whatever gets onto it to dry off and bond to the glass.

Calcium is removed by acidic substances. Stuff that removes calcium deposits will work such as vinegar.

Stronger stuff works faster and in just one application such as CLR. But that stuff is strong enough to bother your paint (and bare hands). CLR requires very careful application. Remember that the wiper arms are painted.

Calcium would not be removed by soaps, alcohol, gasoline, or tar remover.

Looks like acid cut from a poorly done acid wash.

>white-ish film/streaks
Not seeing it.

That's interesting. So it all depends on acetic acid.
I suppose regular apple cider vinegar works? That's the only type of vinegar I have in my home.

Pic not related, friend.

I also bought a pair of AeroTwins to replace the original Valeos.
Squeaking and schreeching shrieking fucking awful pieces of shit, also cost me like 45 euro.

Tried everything on the windshield outside of rotary buffing it. Never again Bosch wipers.

Yeah, they do screech like shit.

soak the windshield in alcohol and light it on fire and it will burn away the grease

>Pic not related
You should have made that clear in the first post. Some of the suggestions used your windshield picture as example of the problem.

if you want to remove light scratches, yes an orbital is required but you can get away with this sanding stuff included in the kit for simple polishing purposes.

amazon.com/CarPro-CP-126-Ceriglass-Kit/dp/B006LO3B3C

Apple cider vinegar will work. White would be better, you'll probably have to re wash with water to get any residue left over from vinegar. Also try distilled water, maybe your public water supply has shit in it

>50 euros for windshield wipers

Just fuck my shit up dude. What the hell are you doing spending that much money on windshield wipers. Let me tell you my story.

>Go to store
>Find the most expensive wipers they have
>Michelin whateverthefucks
>Spent $25 dollars on a pair
>Turns out they were awful
>Skipped like crazy, made a lot of noise
>Put a lot of strain on my wiper motor, wipers moved slow unless on highest speed
>Go back to same store and get the cheapest pair of blades, $4
>They have worked perfectly for 6 months now

Tldr you get what you pay for

>Put a lot of strain on my wiper motor
I never considered that.
Also not open, just some dude

>About €50 the pair.
You don't always get what you pay for. In the USA, the cheaper $7 blades at walmart worked better than the more expensive Rain-X blades. I tried the weird fancy and high priced triple edge blades and those had some skipping and streaking. I tried the Rain-X and those only worked good while new and after that left that tiny streaky mistlike bubbles. Finally, the thin cheap trashy blades were used in frustration. Those worked.

The only other ones that worked as well were the Bosche with two types of rubber in the blades to correspond with different pressures and stress levels. Those were the $20 each blade (so $40 for pair) but no store had them in stock.

I would buy those Bosche again EXCEPT now I know you get what you did NOT pay for because a lot of products out there are overpriced for what they are. Paying more doesn't always get you more performance.

This was happening to me aswell. It ended up being the wiper blades. I went through 3 different brands. Went from $20 each Goodyear blades, $8 each Bosch blades. And i finally fixed the problem with cheap $4 each Michelin blades from Walmart.

good to know

there has been some good advice in this thread already, but I too can conclude that more expensive wiper blades tend to suck, over engineering something simple can fuck things up.

Personally I use a razor blade on my windshield, with glass cleaner by stoner. Larry from AMMO NYC has a video on this and I haven't looked back. After cleaning with a razor blade if you want to go crazy you can clay it, even crazier polish. Im not sure how I feel about wax, (rainx etc) sometimes it seems to cause more problems for me.

>throwing hundreds of dollars at a windshield to clean it
>just fucking get a new one. They're like 150 bucks.

I usually do this whenever I get the oil change

So wait a minute.

One of the worst tripfags this board has ever seen, one that constantly makes statements claiming fact on subjective issues, can't figure out how to handle a streaking windshield?

Holy shit man, I would have hidden your trip for this thread. Anyone that may have had even the slightest shred of respect for you just lost it.

Wipe the blades off with a cloth, then scrub the shit out of the screen with a clean cloth.
If that doesn't work, use kitchen degreaser.

Maybe just wash the goddamn car.