Weird Mods Thread - /wmt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_u26fEHbXSc
wired.com/2017/01/steelcase-casper-privacy-film/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Hur_(1959_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Similar to OP's example, someone else made this version....

muhfuggin bix nood

>actual smoke
Absolutely fucking based.

Does this count? I can't understand what possesses a person to do this to their own car.

what the flying fuck

>Dinosaurs fighting Army guys

That's fucking awesome, enjoy your shit taste.

Apart from stuff potentially flying off at any moment and damaging other cars, which is why would not be road legal in any rational legislation. But not in the home of the brave and the land of it's my right to be stupid until it's too late.

In Germany, here's something for that perfect blend of exhaust notes. Just like how a pipe organ uses pipe size and length to modify the sound, try this for your Lexus exhaust. Do they sell these in America yet?

Truly for the sound connoisseur.

Used for precise emissions testing on road.

why.

It's a PT cruiser. It's not exactly going to harm its image.

How in the fuck?

This made my frontal lobe spasm

Looks like it's from Toon Town.

I wonder how fast he can go before those fins get ripped off.

Pushmower/10

looks fake desu

That golden statue sure has an easygoing pose.

a fucking pt cruiser.....

the nigger dream

>BBBBBRRRRRRAAAAAWAWAWAWAWAWAWAWRRRPPBLBLBLBLBLBLBLPPPRRRRRRRPPPPPPRRRPPPPRPP
>hearing damage
>"dude that's so rad"

ayooo das my mane wingo

>Weird Mods
Lighting mods are fairly standard and not "weird" at all. But some people go the extra kilometer and try to make their care more unique at car Meets. If you've gone to those car Meets regularly in your area, you will have seen quite a few conversation pieces. Someone was bored or just wanted to be different. Or a subgroup at the Meet competed with each other on who had the more unique lighting.

The picture shows my pet peeve - bad parking. The car next to the lit-up car parked over the line, so that forced the lit-up car to also park over the line.

That poor AW11. All those LEDs and that horrendous wing.

The roof scoops are neat though. Only problem is that air flow in the engine bay works with air coming into the bottom and out the top vents, so ramming air into the top of the engine bay really does you no good and can actually decrease engine bay airflow.

>watermelon
I picture a nig owning that for some reason.

most australian thing imaginable

This actually hurts to look at.

>This made my frontal lobe spasm

This actually looks COMFY.

Other threads have talked about c/o/mfy cars, and this one looks soft and plush and comfy.

because you're racist

It does, except that I couldn't sit in the back seat with my eyes open for fear of being blinded.
Also you would need to constantly clean it to keep it even remotely good looking.

You've heard of debadging?

Weird or not, you can "debadge" your tires too with this simple mod. Use a kitchen skin peeler to carefully shave off the raised brandname lettering. I cannot say it will look great though because I rather like seeing the brand name on my tires.

You'll build up so much static you'll probably set it on fire when you get gas

the shit stancefags do lol

>You'll build up so much static you'll probably set it on fire when you get gas
That won't happen over here because everything is pay before you pump. By the time you reach for the pump and the gas flows, you've touched so many surfaces that your static potential has been discharged.

What you don't want to do is use a cigarette lighter and be smoking while pumping gas. Accidents happen not because they are probable, but because they are not probable. Because of that, people let their guard down just that one time and end up like this lady at the gas pump.

The person with the dashcam footage was apparently waiting for the lady to get done so he could get to the pump. There isn't much video footage because as soon as he saw the fire, he quickly drove away.

Various cars were fleeing the gas station exit with horns blaring telling others to "get out of my way".

Weird CAR MODS versus Exotic STREET MODS

As weird car-related mods go, why mod the car when you can mod the road that cars go on?

Due to the driver's viewing angle, it's possible to put a decal on the street to take advantage of that. Thus, a 2D decal becomes a 3D illusion as cars approach.

The purpose of such a decal was to slow down drivers who kept on speeding thru long straight residential streets in canada. It was by the Community on Preventable Injuries Project which noted that one street in canada had a lot of speeders. So a guerilla safety project put a decal on the street to see if it caused drivers to slow down.

To prevent drivers from panic swerving, panic braking, and a crash, the decal is made in cartoony colors instead of realistic colors.

Video of what it looks like as you approach:
youtube.com/watch?v=_u26fEHbXSc

Can we have a shit car accessory thread?
I think these are the scum of the earth.
Anything tacky, obnoxious or downright dangerous is welcome.

>tfw no force field protected nigger chariot

At it'll still look like a person first glance. Congratulations, you've now made people stomping the brake for no apparent reason causing rear-endings.

I'd Jack hammer that shit off the fucking road at night

why are there screens in the rear headrests too?

And here am I, doing the opposite

congratulations on being gay, how did your parents take the news?

"At least youre not edgy memer on Veeky Forums"

touch a nerve?

Can ask you the same

>vaccuming out my stock FRS at a popular car wash, after a wash
>chevy sonic pulls up in vacuum bay next to me
>"ayy bro r u go to the meet tonite"
>uh I didnt know anything about it, but probably not
>ayy you should go lol, I got like 5 more lights to install before i go tho
kys son

gross desu

he's wearing crocs, that says everything you need to know about the type of person who would do this

Pic related is pretty effective, less annoying and much safer.

So people behind you at the traffic light can also watch your rap videos.

>get used to this monster child decal in the road
>cruising through suburbs
>little Susie chasing ball
>slam that tiny cunt because I think its a sticker

It was actually part of a study developed with the school system (near where it was located), warded by school crossings, and made with approval of the local police department.

3D type illusions are being used experimentally to see if they can augment the traditional flat looking 2D markings on streets. For example, cerrtain patterns and angles can be used to make pedestrian crossings stand out more since there are cars that don't stop for pedestrians in marked crosswalks.

What my city did was put in photo cameras at problem areas. They also have relocatable ones that can be moved around. They have additional warning signs. A special law was enacted to support those anti-speeding photo machines too. If you get caught speeding, the fine is giant-sized.

SPECIAL MOD: if you can control the frequency of light that impinges on your license plate, you can make it harder for certain night vision gear to spot your license plates if they are coated in some places with different frequency transparent coatings and then light by LED lighting from TFT type backlights.

You should be able to see the unintended results of the Casper transparent film coating invention owned by Steelcase. It came about as a result of research Mead did in his experiments with ways of blocking the wavelengths that interfere with the cameras.

‘Cloaking’ Film for Windows Blacks Out the Screens Within:
wired.com/2017/01/steelcase-casper-privacy-film/

There's one of those by my house. I always try to see how fast I can get it to max out at 60.

Obviously none of you have spent any time around Roma Gypsies. This actually tame compared to some of the shite I've seen.

>I always try to see how fast I can get it to max out at 60.

Don't do that. They keep statistics. If a road has too many extreme speeders, they may do something obnoxious to that road. The gov't already issued a warning by putting that expensive monitoring sign up there.

In my area, the fucking speeders like YOU pranked the thing by speeding to the max. So multiple photo cameras were put in and tickets are issued on that road now over about a half-mile stretch. It is 25MPH on that road and the camera gives you a ticket at 27MPH.

So please stop your speeding. It is only goading the gov't to put in one or more photo cameras.

Nothing is going to happen. It was put up by the university near me, not the city, because they were upset with how fast people were going. They have no power to do anything. It's just a scare tactic.

It's something they've complained about forever, but the city doesn't care.

That's hot. I personally think white lettered tires are the best.

Oh shit, I see this fucking shitbox at meets all the time. South Florida fag

On the contrary, that exhaust would be very quiet

People do this because morons like stancefags buy shitty generic brand tires

>why are there screens in the rear headrests too?

Why not mod your visors to have tablets instead of the mirror? There's no problem about losing the mirror because you can still see yourself in the tablet screen due to the camera. And now you can simply touch the screen and widen or zoom in the image for a better closeup as needed. Or you can display car data on it from bluetooth OBD2.

Picture of Cadillac modded to have visors using tablet displays.

>Another is owning a car which includes the ability to mod them as long as they do not cause an obstruction to other drivers.
And how the fuck is gluing toy dinosaurs that may fly off at any moment to your car not an obstruction? How are lifted trucks with inadequate fenders or mudflaps not an obstruction? How are HID retrofits or LED bars not an obstruction? How are straight pipes not an obstruction to the peace of the community in general?

>I can't understand what possesses a person to do this to their own car.
In the USA, there are sacred cows of freedom. One is owning guns and the freedom to get more of them. Another is owning a car which includes the ability to mod them as long as they do not cause an obstruction to other drivers. For example, you cannot have mods that extend a car such as a battering ram in front (or back) or mount scythes on your wheels like in the movie Ben Hur. Those were chariots back then, but that was really PVP death match road racing.

You may brag about your 700 horsepower FCA Hellcat, but Ben Hur had really maxed-horsepower chariots in the epic death match racing. That was real horsepower. Literally true.

Eleven Academy Awards:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben-Hur_(1959_film)

Picture: This guy had to drive against someone who MODDED his pimped out ride (scythe wheels).

*edit* added picture

I-is that the car that knocks the semi off the road in Cars?

kek

This person probably added the extra bumper in order to have a place to mount all those figures. It's a better approach than what used.

haha my nigga

dont give a fuck

wtf this post

This defeats the purpose of the entire design of the car what the fuck

a fucking e100

Here's a modded Vespa GT from London. It doesn't have scythe wheels though. There is a modded bike culture in London with clubs of people who have modded their motorcycles, motorbikes, and scooters.

Don't post those ridiculous photoshop edits. It should be actual mods.

>want to get white lettered tires for my alfa
>afraid I'll end up in a thread like this

Fuck

Just realized Wingo was meant to be a mexican ricer