steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War News
White Dwarf coming 19 January 2017
twitter.com/totalwar/status/819200441066123264
Total War: WARHAMMER - Behind The Wood Elves
youtube.com/watch?v=f8_Z2Bm0CjE

Time Commanders is back and it's pretty good
youtube.com/watch?v=F0tOb_bFj70

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack (You can pick and choose from the list, Suggested by user):
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Previous Thread:

>no historic total war game for years
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH ROME

1st for hussars

History is fucking boring.

whats a good mod that tones down the wood elves?

Rock the boat!

Pop another ritalin and go back to throwing lightning at bulbasaurs in warhammer

>tfw still no chaos dwarfs
>still don't have the most powerful and smart race

Attila has a lot of cool minor factions for the grand campaign, why is the same not true for Rome 2?
Many of them suffer from very limited and generally shitty unit rosters (Black Sea colonies, Nomads, fucking Pontus) or have boring starting positions (Celtic minors, exception being Galatia).

that pic doesn't really work since you can just pause webms

>tfw you genuinely enjoy pontus

I guess Pontus is not outright bad, their unique stuff is just underwhelming. Also I thought that the old colour scheme before Emperor edition came out looked a lot better.

>most powerful
>get wiped by their own slave creations
>smartest
>turn themselves into stone

Yeah, I lied when I said I genuinely enjoy pontus. I just love the shape of their helmets.

It seems like only the cultures are unique and the factions within only differ by a unit or two and what settlements they start with.

Decent Warhammer youtubers?

>most powerful and smart race got soloed by Grimgor

None

>malkavians of the warhammer

Because most factions are either purely Hellenistic or Hellenistic with Celtic/Eastern/Nomadic units peppered in. Yeah, I'm salty about Black Sea Colonies. Their locations are so interesting but their rosters suck.

Heir of Carthage is a bit clueless but at least he's likable and not a total fucking sperg.

If you want to look at some humans just go outside.

Hardest campaign factions to play as in Warhammer?

>Easy Mode: All DLC
>Hard Mode: Base factions

I guess Getae stand out a little bit, but they are basically just reskinned Celts with extra thracian units.

>>Easy Mode: All DLC
>>Hard Mode: Base factions

That's wrong though.

Chaos and Beastmen are substantially harder than any of the base factions

Beastmen get homed in on like fucking mad by the Wood Elf AI who can apparently sense you through the fog of war.

Chaos can't reliably fight using multiple stacks, something which basically every other faction relies on.

The base factions also get RoR cheat units.

Skarsnik or Clan Angrund probably. None of the main factions are hard.

Wut? Chaos is easy as fuck, I finished the entire campaign having only a single army for the entire game. Played it on VH/VH. You just have to get Lightning Strike and there is not a single army that can beat you 1v1 once you get all decked out in Chosen and Dragon Ogres.
Chaos sucks not because it's hard, but because it's bland as hell. It doesn't help that Bretonnia and Empire basically get wiped out by other factions for you. The hardest part of the campaign is probably defeating Sathorael.

>has missile weapon

Anyone check out the new top mod on Attila workshop? Called Imperium, I think. Looks like radious-tier snowflake shit, but I cba to check myself

>Spartans in 395AD
Yeah, it's fucking garbage.

>tfw today is the day

what day

the day

you mean this day?

the finest day?

Orion is the hardest faction bar none.

After that maybe Skarsnik.

Both of which are DLC. All the base factions are pretty easy even on legendary desu. Because they all start with excellent capitals and are spoodfed 1 good region.

THE finest day

the only day that matters?

>Orion elves
>hard
what?

I ran out of rome 2 launch memes

You are like a little baby.

>Orion is the hardest faction bar none.
>After that maybe Skarsnik.
How fucking bad are you?
Wood Elves are op as fuck and Skarsnik is based, fun and very good if you know how to use
>GOBBOS

I'd say Clan Angrund in the first 10 turns or so and Greenskins with Azhag.
Maybe Vampire Counts with Kemmler until you get Mannfred.

The Getae and the Thracians are actually the best factions IMO, especially with DEI. But I'm a sucker for can openers.

No bully pls

I didn't really play DeI a lot, every minor battle lasting 20+ minutes put me off too much. Maybe I'll check it out again.

>trip
Looks like suicide

>alternate timeline shit

The only pro I can think of is letting you play as various smaller Roman factions. But I expect the balance to be shit and I can't stomach the unique snowflake units.

Not that guy, but I do find Orion elves hard in at least one respect, namely how fucking shit they are at sieges.

Trying to deal with Carcasonne early is a nightmare unless you just clam up, stay in your forest and hit "End Turn" 40 times.

ATTENTION, YOU SLOVENLY SAMURAI.

>Wood Elves
>Op

nah kid

Needs two turns from their territory to attack bret, which just turtles inside their keep with a beefy garrison. Their troops are heavily reliant on commander buffs, which you don't have in the beginning. They have shit economy until they get the oak at 3 and can confederate.

Orion is the hardest start.

There's s couple of official sub mods to reduce battle length but with falxmen it's not necessary since they eat units alive.

>confederating
>not just conquering those cunts

the day IS OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUURRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSS

>Orion has the hardest start.
>Not Belegar with a 50% increased upkeep.
Okay. Have you tried taking Estalia's minor settlements and using the amber to increase port income to get rich?

Turin

Just plays online matches, has no meme personality and is actually really good at total war.

I saw the AI wood elves TRY to take over Estalia.

Estalia is now Strength Rank 2.

Elves are the easiest faction in the game, you don't even need to take any land to win.

You can just get the diplomatic researchs and spam military alliance till you have enough Amber to win.

Wild riders will murder anything Estalia can put out in the first 30 turns except for spearmen, which can be murdered by either archers or WE infantry. Just don't take on Magritta until getting Tree-kin.

sure.

If you play on easy.

Beastmen when you start in Badlands was a shitty campaign.

Beat it on VH, all i did was take the other Elves in first 10 turns then roll in cash.

Killed some of the Bretonnian dukes, left the Empire, Norsa, Dawi, VC and GS and just made alliances by sending them mad cash every turn.

Turns out its much quicker than actually taking land with unit that cant siege. I went from having 2 amber to over 30 in a few turns.

I forgot that you REALLY cannot afford to autoresolve naval battles in FotS.

Rest in peace, ironclads. You were pretty ok. Sorry you got blown up by a couple of gunboats.

>Treekin
>As Orion

Nigger I ain't made of Amber

>Seed broken nose, take Estalia's minor settlements, and Carcassone's minor settlement.
5 amber right there. 2 of it goes into port income, 1 or 2 of it into treekin, and you still have a net gain. You can then use the treekin to take out major settlements, such as Magritta, or Castle Carcassone.

You can autoresolve, but then you should be spamming gunboats because they're so easy to replace.

>b-but CA isn't abandoning the histfag crowd!

>warhammer
>good

>widely accepted as the undisputed best in the series

Is Grombrindal fun?

I have not tired Dwarf since the release, and hated them found them so fucking boring.

>anime faces
>not superior 15th century art

>widely accepted
>implying

>opinion of plebs
>ever mattering

>is regular ass manlet campaign fun?
no

Belegar is fun

>everyone but me is a pleb!

Aren't you a special snowflake? Go back to /vr/. You're not getting new games anytime soon.

Grombrindal is like Grimgor, but better. Also thisIf you can't tolerate all TW games, this thread isn't for you.

>everyone
>implying everyone agrees with your retarded opinion

Samefag

Your shitposting belongs on /v/.

man, rowan atkinson is a great actor.

Histfag games are simply an unfortunate byproduct to fund the perfect TW game. Now that the game is actually out there isn't a valid reason to touch the trash ever again.

Go piss on each other somewhere else, nobody cares who has a bigger anime reaction folder.

>tfw I tried watching that movie
>but couldn't sit through it since I'm not Chinese enough

>He's never had an autistic anime reaction image fight with someone before

Shogun 2 and Attila are better than Warhammer as it is right now imo. I enjoy being able to have a lot of variety between the games though.

I have the undisputed biggest meme folder. Nobody can beat me.

>not creating your own memes

weak

>implying its just anime reaction pics

Hussars are over-rated.

>humans with pointy sticks fighting other humans with sticks

wow.. interes-zZzZZZZzzzzzzz

>sassanids think they can take their armies to sea and bully my weak ally
>sink 8 full transport fleets in 2 turns with my top tier ships

>dudes with weapons hitting shorter or green dudes with weapons

wow.. interes-zZzZZZZzzzzzzz

Here, have a fresh meme. I call it bird question mark. Feel free to reuse it, haha!

I will murder you you fucking dragoon.

>tfw to intelligent to govern world's largest empire

You forgot pointy eared dudes, short green dudes, mutated dudes, goat dudes, sketetons, zombies, count countula, ghost dudes, big guys, and more. :)

I still love history, the empire building of historical TW games beats Warhammer by far.

r8 my hussar

name: feraud

likes: sabres, duelling, madame with the big titty, napoleon, promotions, satan, beer, weed

hates: russians, his mom, traitors like taht fUCKign d'Hubert i swear to satan will skin your balls if yuo badmouth the emperor again, sleeping at night

Any mods that make battles in TW:W last longer?

angry/10 good work

fvcking brvtal mviii