/elyg/ - Elysium General

>What is this?
This is the Elysium general. A private server for vanilla World of Warcraft.

>Recent news
forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=45489
forum.elysium-project.org/topic/32701-our-official-response-to-nostalrius-—-elysium-will-prevail/

>Guilds:
ELYSIUM aka FRESH
Alliance guild:
Horde guild:
ZETH'KUR aka SHIT
Alliance guild:
Horde guild: N/A

/who "guild name", whisper anyone!

>Server Homepage
elysium-project.org/

>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org

>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit

>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463

>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0

>Macros
wowprogramming.com/docs/api

>Addons
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
shagu.org/pfUI/

tags: /nosg/ /wowg/ /wpsg/ /krog/ nost

we need more anime posters

WE

>tfw half of zeth's horde population is mage and rogue

Fuck man, I wanted to play mage but I feel like a sheep.

Top 5 for the Alliance

got anymore of that OP?, for research purposes obviously

DAILY REMINDER ONLY HOMOSEXUALS AND WEEABOOS PLAY FUCKING ALLIANCE

REAL MEN PLAY HORDE

LOK'TAR OGAR

GRIZZLY KEKS OUT

ok.

First time leveling in vanilla, im gonna start up a warlock since they have free mount.

any general tips?

Don't roll, you're way too far behind

the best thing you can do for your character at any given point before 60 is level up. don't get caught up in any distractions you can avoid...unless of course you're just trying to have fun.

>Put all your dots spells on your unforunate victim
>use fear
>watch as they die while not being able to do anything
>??????????
>profit

same applies for pvp

Daily reminder that horde are objectively the bad guys on elysium.

>alliance can barely quest in ashenvale because of the ganking
>shimmering flats is 100% impossible to quest in as alliance because of the ganking
>meanwhile, there are no contested zones that are off-limits to horde due to ganking

If you are alliance on elysium, it is your duty to kill every horde you see.

Why is this so fucking hard compared to actual vanilla? I feel like 1/3 of my attacks either misses or gets blocked.Mobs fucking run faster too.

no im not, isin't it 5 months untill next patch?

hello

Orcs are literally fantasy niggers. While humans, gnomes, and dwarves improved orcs sat on Draenor playing with mud and sticks. Night Elves are the least advanced Alliance race because their golden age ended and they got stuck in tree worship limbo. But they still advanced magic before any race could even light a fire.

WE
WUZ
WARLORDS

thank you, keep up the good work

sounds pretty fun.

so warlocks are good in pvp then?

where and what level can i go kill alliance scum?

>implying the orcs didnt begin azeroth's industrial revolution

k

Because your memories from "actual vanilla" come from undertuned fun vanilla servers.

Leveling has been pretty close to retail so far. Granted I'm only level 34 but still

Sit the fuck down cucks, and observe what a true alpha male is.

All Alliance are homo faggots.

Could it be that your memories of something from a decade ago aren't perfect?

No, that's impossible, you have a photographic memory and there's no wrong you could possibly not be remembering something correctly.

I played official vanilla pencil dick

I definitely wasn't having to rest after every 1 or 2 mobs in vanilla

Good, and also a bit underplayed desu. Especially considering that curses are abitch to remove and the dot spells from warlock mean you can never truely run away from battle, even if you do you will most likely die. Some of them are OP, giving more and more damage over time. So the person might think it's nothing, but the longer the curse is on the player the more damage it does and in the end killing them spontaneously.

>give in to peer pressure and play Elysium
>after a while log in to battle.net
>"Your account has been banned"

>paladins are better than shamans in pve
>paladins are also better than shamans in pvp

Horde are the true cucks.

Yes, i'm sure your 10 year old memories of a video game aren't inaccurate.

People who actually played on retail don't complain about leveling being too hard, you cumguzzler

Haha what
What the fuck did you do? We have tons of retailcucks playing around here

Nice things that didnt happen

>any general tips?
First aid is a good secondary profession to take. As a warlock you can life tap then heal with bandages to basically never go oom.

Also you don't have FD so take it easy in dungeons until you get a feel for how much damage you can do without pulling aggro.

You sound like the mentor type.

Can you give me a suggestion on talents, professions and stat priority and such etc.

i played a lock in wotlk but i imagine its very different in vanilla.

servers down?

maybe you started playing during BC, there were changes implemented after launch

if 1/3 of your attacks are missing/blocked/parried, you are probably dual wielding:
"Dual wielding adds a 19% miss penalty to both main and offhand weapons. The base miss rate for all characters is 5%, so each weapon by itself has a 24% chance to miss (19% + 5%). Prior to version 1.8, dual wield's miss chance had a hard cap of 19%, meaning that all dual-wield auto-attacks had a minimum 19% miss chance regardless of how much +hit% gear was equipped"

no a lot of people got hacked if you cant logged in you got problems and might want to change all your passwords

Thanks.

FD?

FLAVOR OF THE MONTH

>paladins are better than shamans in pve

"ha hahah ha..."

*WFcrits you before fight even starts*
*you collapse to the ground like a sack of shit*

"Better luck next time kid"

*sheathes axe*

>enhancement

Wow, you really think somebody would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Just go with the spec posted in the OP, it's mostly affliction. And that's what you should be doing, affliction is the most annoying tree to deal with (for the receiving end aka your victim). Warlock is also easy to level, I got to level 16 in no time with warlock.

Just know that Warlock is most useful with Affliction/DOTS, so this means almost all the damage you cause will be over time in PvE and PvP. You need to get a Voidwalker as soon as you can at level 10/11, because he will tank your enemy while you chill and burst spells non stop.

And seriously, use fear as often as you can. You can juggle mobs with it, you can destroy people in duels (it's like 10 seconds) and in PvP if they cant resist it you can escape from battle easily if you time it well.

>He thinks he will dps as any hybrid other than a token sp

Why is leveling a paladin so god damn boring? Im currently leveling with two friends and I went early consecration so I can tank dungeons n shit but Im so fucking squishy and it's easier to find a warrior tank anyways.

The later talents for paladin looks pretty cool with Holy shock or Holy shield, but jesus fuck im currently 26 and its so boring. I feel that consecration is an useless ability because it deals 8 damage per tick, which is as much as retribution aura.

Any paladins wanna share how their adventure is going because im nearing my breaking point.

Feign Death. Basically warlocks don't have any way of reducing aggro unlike most other dps classes so if you aoe too early in some fights you'll get rekt.

thanks alot pal.

(you)

REMINDER that TROLLS are the first ever race of Azeroth and the ancestors of everyone (except orcs).

>Start playing
>Join friends on Anathema, Horde
>tfw no Beta Elves, Goblins, or Pandering daren
I'm...I'm home

>not leveling as ret
>he actually specd to tank leveling dungeons

Leveling dungeons are piss easy and you don't need any kind of special spec to tank them. There's no reason not to go a dps spec while leveling if you're a hybrid.

>aoe
>as warlock
wat

NP have fun, I wish I rolled Warlock when I originally rolled on Nostalrius. I wasted like 25 levels on Shaman (I really did not like it). I tried warlock completely randomly and it's the most fun class in the game for me. And if you're a poorfag later on it's great cause you get a welfare mount lol

Alright, so basically just dot and wand so i don't aggro shit?

what minion should i use for dungeons?

would it be smart to have ww out IF i get aggro so he can take aggro instead?

Any last words before I ban you from Discord, retard?

>aoe warlock

Hellfire has the best AOE DPS in the game retard also Rain of Fire.

Paladin leveling is boring but super safe. Would you rather boring and unsafe like Warrior? If you want to have an ez fun time better to play a Lock or something
It doesn't get better unless you find good gear as Pallys are reliant on gear like warrs. But the free 60% mount is fuckn neato especially when you see all the poor saps in their early 40s still running on foot because they can't afford a mount

Every class is like this in vanilla desu senpai, I'm playing Mage and you just spam frostbolt most of the time

This is why I prefer tbc and Wotlk, they built upon the vanilla classes before Cataclysm came in and cucked all the abilities and talent tree

How come the servers and the mainsite get taken offline so damn often?

I've never seen anyone aoe as warlock ever, you're just supposed to spam shadowbolt, mages aoe.

>be token sp
>pvp with main tank all the time
>have steadily collected insane amount of loot
>nobody cares if my dps is bad
Living the life

u retarded m8

its up

vrykul are the ancestors of humans and undead.
titans are ancestors of gnomes and dwarfs
trolls are ancestors of high elfs, blood elfs and night elfs.

that being said.

Taurens are older than trolls, they originate from the beast gods, which means they were made before azeroth was formed.

Leveling as ele shaman. I dont give a shit bout being ahead of the pack or ling downtime.
Yay or nay?

Hey faggots hows the 12 hour downtime? I'm on retail raiding right now with my guild hahaha, have fun guys. Hope you survive it and don't kill yourself lmfao.

You can use consecration for aoe grinding, works well because of plate armor and healing. I think I remember it being too mana inefficient at low levels but somewhere around 30-40 it gets good. Better to stay ret until then. I love how versatile paladin is, best class imo.

O-oh ok :^)

They didn't. Dwarves started it ages before the first war, and gnomes were inventing their crazy shit too.
That they later found some Rhodesians (Goblins) who upgraded their shit mud hut standards to actual architecture only makes them look even more like niggers.

Its not very good, but do what makes you happy.

>on retail raiding right now

so doing Mario-Party-tier arcade bosses?

What? You can RoF hounds in MC (for example) also if you are ally you can be bubbled and go all out with Hellfire if you feel like it.

Oh so it's two instances of which is just for alliance, lol, "all the time" really.

>Alright, so basically just dot and wand so i don't aggro shit?
Get a threat meter of some kind once you're in high level dungeons so it's easier to tell what you can get away with.
>what minion should i use for dungeons? would it be smart to have ww out IF i get aggro so he can take aggro instead?
Wouldn't hurt, but imp would be better for easy extra dps if you're confident in managing threat.

Hahahaha, how does it feel being cucked by your own providers to the point where downtimes are 12 hours and entire communities split because they're too busy sucking retailbulls cocks? Enjoy your downtime lmfao, I'mma keep leveling because my servers never go down for more than 30 minutes.

Please shut this thread down just like the server.

>Vanilla cinematic
>Night Elf looking for artifacts from the golden age of Night Elf civilisation
>Tauren shaman divining from the wind, with a Tauren city visible
>Dwarf hunter on patrol in Dun Morogh, with his trusty gun and trusty bear
>Human mage, masterfully flinging spells at infernals
>Undead warlock, releasing the powers he gained through studying demons and forbidden arts

>And a retarded orc nigger beating around with a stick and yelling really loud

you get a free max lvl char with every purchase, why are you leveling?

Actually was very wrong. Gnomes were robots and dwarf were made of rock by the titans.
Not sure about humans but you are surely right. Some undeads are belfs also (like Sylvanas).
Only the elves originates from the trolls after drinking from the well of eternity.

Both Trolls and Tauren are native to azeroth. It's never ever mentioned which came first, if any.

But honestly. Trolls have entire giant empires with intricate politics, struggles, and warfare. Tauren have a big rock with windmills on it and they huff the peace smoke all day.

Humans descend from Vrykul, who were also Titan constructs once.

Trolls have several fallen "empires", which fell because Trolls are retarded apes.
For a real life equivalent see Liberia.

sylvanas was never a blood elf. she was made into a banshee after defeated by arthas as a high elf ranger

High Elves and Blood Elves are the same thing, just a different name to commemorate their slaughter at the hands of Arthas

So, for somebody that never got into raiding in vanilla but did later in the game, could somebody tell me what the gearing progression is like?

Like, strat/ubrs/scholo then mc/ony then aq? I'm assuming crafted gear won't last long

>trolls came from elves
Is this some of that new and revisited lore they introduced in legion?

Literally

What is the maintenance for?

Dragons come from proto-dragons, which were indigenous to Azeroth and after they wrecked Grakkarond they were uplifted by Titans.

>Oh so it's two instances of which is just for alliance
What? I did not say that. You can go all out with Hellfire if you are Ally that's it but you can also use Sacrifice as a Horde.
Can you scrubs ITT please stay away from Warlocks and stop talking about it? I mean despite that jerk avatarfag I've only seen shit here about them.

the ears dont lie.

The one thing Vanillafags should be acutely aware of is how fucking terribly simplistic raid bosses are. I know you're in crippling denial but you should be at least that self aware.

>crafted gear won't last long

>trolls from elves

>but you can also use Sacrifice as a Horde.
Yeah I'm sure people will wait for you to summon a voidwalker and sacrifice him for every group pull, don't be retarded.

This chart seems like it was made in tbc and never updated.

simplistic raid bosses > Mario party minigame encounters

Yes, because it's literally the other way around. Elves come from trolls.