/pg/ - Persona Genera

Previous thread: NEWS
>Free 20th anniversary PS3/PS4 theme plus PS4 avatars: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-theme-p5-costume-dlc-released-free/
>New Persona games to be announced 2017: personacentral.com/atlus-to-announce-several-games-in-2017-includes-the-persona-series/
>P Studio's comments on 2016: personacentral.com/p-studio-2016-retrospective-interview/
>New Atlus studio "Studio 0" to create new RPG named Re Project Fantasy: personacentral.com/atlus-project-re-fantasy-concept-video-site-update/
>Persona 20th Anniversary radio CD announced: personacentral.com/persona-20th-anniversary-radio-cd-detailed/
>Take Your Heart and Steelbook Editions for NA up for pre-orders at Gamestop and Amazon
>P5's English Cast: personacentral.com/persona-5-voice-cast-revealed-protagonist-trailer/
>Persona 5 Dual Audio confirmed for April 4th 2017: blog.us.playstation.com/2016/11/16/persona-5-launching-april-4-2017-will-feature-dual-audio-on-ps4-and-ps3/

SCANS
archive.is/U8Ka0
archive.is/FaYLc

INFO
>P5 Info
pastebin.com/MJuR9h0S
GUIDES
>General Guide
pastebin.com/eCHRjKCZ
>PQ Guide
pastebin.com/Bq16HvJh
>P4U2 Guide/Resources
pastebin.com/M3MPepKb

DOWNLOADS
>Art, Guides, Music, etc.
pastebin.com/Vh0CdRit
>P4 Dengeki Comic Anthology
mediafire.com/?4kjjaf0jtw2jyj3
>Persona image collection
mediafire.com/?9j3us2v34coua
>Persona 5 Resources
pastebin.com/Mjs1kdES

MANGA
>Scans
personascans.tumblr.com
mediafire.com/personascans#unst48ukbu457
pastebin.com/L3WXvsf3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZjQK6GzZD-w
oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2017-01-16/?ref_cd=jstw007
nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889888
vocaroo.com/i/s0OtDgWQYbrh
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Security_Intelligence_Agency).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naicho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I updated the P5 resources pastebin to include the cutins mega, by the way. That's why the link is gone from the OP.

>Anne is sweaty!
>Anne is buxom!
>Anne is beautiful!
>Anne is wet!
>Anne is cute!
>Anne is flexible!
>Anne is an angel!
>Anne is lewd!
>Anne is sad!
>Anne is silly!
>Anne is for kisses!
>Anne is stylish!
>Anne is for sexual!
>Anne is awesome!
>Anne is sultry!
>Anne is pure!
>Anne is amused!
>Anne is quality!
>Anne is Lovers!
>Anne is canon!
>Anne is an actress!
>Anne is a model!
>Anne is Santa Claus!
>Anne is Anne, not Ann!
>Anne is best girl!

making a neet cry!

I want to hug a traitor!

Does anyone have the new 110 track album as a ZIP? Someone uploaded it on leddit but their dropbox was disabled

youtu.be/ZjQK6GzZD-w

>previous thread mentions

>91 goro (75 goro, 15 groo, 1 goor)
>39 joker (18 potter, 16 joker, 5 phantom)
>49 anne (24 were the anne is guy, so this number is closer to 25)
>19 makoto
>15 yusuke (1 autuistic fox)
>13 futaba (5 neet)
>10 ryuji
>8 haru
>4 morgana

tfw phantom loses to goro in the polls and in /pg/

and half the potter mentions are from posts that mention groo

>91
>39
protagonists on suicide watch

Is goro jun+ryoji+adachi+sho done right?

oricon.co.jp/rank/ja/d/2017-01-16/?ref_cd=jstw007

p5 ost now first on oricon chart

sweet

I WILL FOLLOW MY HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

>protagonists on suicide watch
Joker is a shitty protagonist. All the other protagonists at least were the better looking guys of their respective teams.
Joker is behind Goro and Yusuke, and with the glasses on I'm not sure if to say he is any better than Ryuji.

>Jun
Not even similar.
>Ryoji
Even less.
Adachi and Sho, yes.

not really seeing the adachi comparison, like at all

with sho there are definitely parallels but they differ pretty heavily in practice. goro doesn't have any of the aimless aggression that kinda defined the way sho lashed out at everything

>discussions: Eng > Jap
2ch going full retard about rules aside.
West, as a whole, is pretty retarded when it comes to discussions. We can only operate and judge things based on a translations instead of pure source, we don't have any access to 90% of material , we miss all cultural nuisances and apply western values to everything. To this day a great majority of people who played P4 didn't understand the message at all and continue talking about how "Naoto's trans issue was mishandled"
/pg/ alone won't change the fact that Eng fans have no idea what they're talking about most of the time, I doubt discussion is actually better than Jap.

Someone should put the OST link on the OP

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=889888

Anyone have the mea link?

Yusuke's hair is gross desu.
It looks greasy. It probably is greasy.

>Joker behind Yusuke
nah

really? joker's look is way more appealing to me than any of the previous protagonists. i like how he has a cunty grin, for one. his sleek design in combination with the sex-hair and overall thief aesthetic is delicious, too. fuck yu's faux bowlcut and i don't even know what's going on with tatsuya's hair either to be honest.

What's the future occupation for P5 casts?

vocaroo.com/i/s0OtDgWQYbrh

This
Previous games' boys were pretty meh appearance wise, too.

youre cute girlnon

Ryuji will be a janitor
Yusuke will die of starvation few years after HS

riding a motorcycle makes you exponentially more cool and attractive, its just a fact

we need to do a /pg/ sings except it's reading the anne is copypasta

ok that's fair. i can't really argue with that one.

I'm not the one who recorded, I just thought it was worth saving and reposting

Shit taste. Potter is sexy and cute.

would it kill you to keep the dream alive user

do you actually want me to pretend to be a girl

i like joker for his versatility, desu. like MC was always just cute, tatsuya mostly gave me this "cool guy" impression. joker can both be very cute but also a gaudy and smugass edgelord

Say what you want, but the fact is Joker keeps losing to Goro while the other protagonists were undefeated.

>Joker = Private Investigator and open his own detective agency
>Ryuji = Syujin P.E. Teacher replacing Kamoshida.
>Anne = Stick as a model
>Yusuke = Assistant Curator of Art Gallery, eventually become Curator himself in the future.
>Makoto = Police Detective like Tatsuya and Akihiko
>Futaba = Programmer of Security Tech. Company
>Haru = Either continue his Father's Food Manufacturing company or divert the company's asset into Industrial Agriculture.
>Goro (if he's alive) = Either become Cafe Master replacing Sojiro or join the Government's Intelligence Agency (PSIA en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Security_Intelligence_Agency).

>i like how he has a cunty grin
That's precisely what I hate the most about him.
I actually thought he was pretty cute when the first pv was released. But after seeing he was a chuuni with shit-eating grin I could never see him cute anymore. I like my protags quiet and autistic.

i think this is because persona 4 didn't have a character like goro in the main party, though.

imo more than anything it's just the way that drawings of tatsuya stick to kaneko's style of drawing hair as one smooth uniform piece (you can see what i mean on maya too) that makes it look weird. otherwise it's just a center part, really.

that's because people like goro

I like how versatile both he and his destiny tragic rival is. I want Potter to get more points.

fair enough if that's your personal taste, but they already have yusuke and futaba so the mc being yet another autist would be a bit too much

Plausible if only because Persona games seem like they have some baseline minimum level of detectives and aspiring detectives that have to be shoehorned into every installment

>very cute
Let's not get wild here. I give you sexy and that he has more than one appeal. But he is only cute in the cut-scenes because everyone has a babyface there.

That's because in P4 nobody could ever outshine Yu.

Another thing because the Police is heavily involved in P5, so the PT must know how the police works in this case.

desu the cutest thing about him are those suspenders

Fujos like Goro. And fujos were the ones who liked the protags better in the other games. Maybe it was just bad luck he had a character that fujos like more in his own cast. But the thing is he lost.

he's nothing like adachi

joker didn't go to juvie so you assholes could keep bullying him like this

No. He is still cutest.

Would have Goro win over Yu if he was in P4?

potter losing to goro doesn't mean potter is bad, it means that they like goro

I could see it going either way, but it would be close

You are still posting cutscenes. He looks hideous in the 3D model, and cool/sexy in Soejima's drawings.
If you say he is cute because the cutscenes gave him a babyface, then I can say he is fucking ugly because he looks like a rapist npc in the 3D model.

user you need to stop being so fatalistic because joker is still very popular despite losing to goro. joker still gets tons of fanart, still more than goro. this game just happened to have a second teenage male character that was both cute, relevant and tragic enough to grab fujos' attention.

It's very hard to tell, but since Yosuke did, it won't be surprising.

Honestly though, the twitter poll had a certain bias because fujos on twitter all encouraged each other to vote. And it's because Goro kept getting cucked in the merchandise people just wanted the creators to take notice. Potter is still objectively the most popular male.

Bad or not, he failed either way.
The previous protagonists weren't better than the other characters and yet they were first.

>join the Government's Intelligence Agency
I guess kinda fitting for him since he's able to put a perfect facade on everyone.

Kinda funny though if Goro become secret service agent or spy like James Bond.

the psia is only famous for being ineffective, its a perfect fit

portraits/soejima drawings > models

Isn't Naicho the ineffective one ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naicho

Get Smoked

He didn't "fail", he just let goro take the spotlight for a while because he wants goro to be happy.

the previous games didn't have boys cuter than them in the party

>not thinking potter has best mc design by sheer virtue of his symbolic devil horns

naicho is more pork-barrel but the psia's major operations are just failing to catch the JRA when it mattered and then doing the same with aum shinrikyo

It was sly of Atlus. A boy just as cute if not cuter than the protagonist, having parallels with the protagonist surpassing MC/Ryoji and Yu/Adachi, yet they don't let you keep him in the party.

the second a character who wasn't just dishwater in terms of personality, history or design was added to the main party, it should be obvious that the main character who is also a silent protagonist would lose in terms of popularity. especially if it's a character who is kind of on the bad sude but not really and makes people wish they could save him. goro was just the right combination of all these things.

goro even looks cuter than protag with protag's glasses on.

thought that's futaba from the thumbnail

sauce?

I still love Potter. Though sometimes him being treated like a faceless rapist in doujins, or ship fodder or the trophy to be won kind of irks me. But I guess that's what you have to put up with for being the protagonist.

kek same

sglll_lll

yay

I had to go through that with MC. So I know how it feels.
At least you get more fanarts than anyone else. Even when the game is old and busted, the protagonist will appear in protagonist group pics.

This is definitely what adds to his popularity. Having a tragic character so closely interconnected with the protagonist to the point where they were designed to match each other from the get-go can only lead to one thing and they knew what they were doing.

homo rules

They were smart. They saw how much fujos liked Ryoji and MC though the connection is purely storywise and the characters themselves don't have a single meaningful interaction. They just had to do it right to drive them crazy.

Someone make a mega please for the new album

man fuck ryoji

He was a stepping stone for Goro. Don't be mean to him.

hes just a store brand kaworu, but they even somehow fucked up that formula

there is literally nothing wrong with ryoji

well, except the whole "I must summon the being that will destroy the world" thing

>add a cute boy with a tragic backstory and tons of "what if" elements with lines like "I feel like when we're face to face, i can tell you anything" with the MC being his only actual bond in the end before sacrificing himself to help the PT
they absolutely knew what they were doing

Phantom is from Sumaru City!

If they wanted to go the Kaworu route with Ryoji they really fucked up by having him fawn over the girls the whole time while having absolutely no meaningful interaction with the MC

as someone who has been coming here since before p5, i'm amused but also a little surprised at how much goro and homo talk there is in this general now. in my opinion p4 was the game with the most fujo pandering between yosuke and yu. p5 definitely had some but it seemed pretty toned down? yet we never saw this much discussion about p4 homo in here. then again i'm not a fujo so maybe i don't understand what it is that gets them going.

I can't tell if it's multiple people complaining about Joker's model being supposedly ugly or just one guy sperging. Which one is it?

>just one guy sperging
it's /pg/, this is always the safer bet

>they absolutely knew what they were doing
On several levels. They didn't gave fujos the perfect ship. They did it without needing to add real gay to the game that could scare off otakus. They managed to make a waifu game with the perfect fujobait.
If anything, Hashino is getting good at keeping the two completely different groups that like his games.

There is no way I can avoid sounding cocky about this but here goes potter and goro is the canon pair of p5

i dunno about deliberate fujo pandering but they basically gave them the perfect ship with shuake because of reasons in and also goro is cute

>Can't get lewd with sensei
>Only a hizamakura

Tae save the game so far

yu & yosuke was just boring as fuck and no one liked yosuke. /pg/ may be a bunch of dirty degenerate homos and fujos but they've got standards

I think what sets Goro apart from Yosuke is that with Goro the moments are never played off as a joke or like something that makes the character uncomfortable the way it did with Yosuke. Fujos tend to enjoy that more, like when it's subtext but part of the story and not just tacked on for no reason other than a wink wink nudge nudge.

What happened to more canon than the girls posting?
Yu/Yosuke sucked, Shuake is the only Persona BL I've ever liked desu

So which Japanese Intelligence Agency is most the effective?