World of Warships Admiral /wowsg/

Big stern guns edition.

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>Mostly updated guide
pastebin.com/mAat47Cb (embed) (Kuma) (Khorosho) (Nanodesu) (Poi) (BurningLove) (Elephant) (Lady) (Daijoubu)

>5.16 LIVE
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-notes-0516/

>0.6.0 Public Test
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/public-test-060-key-feature/

>Plans for 2017
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/whatsinthebox/

>Premiums on sale/Atlanta leaving soon
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/you-were-askin-for-em/

>January Event Calendar + Ship Class specific boosts
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/failed-resolutions/

>Captain Skill restructuring+XP caculator
shipcomrade.com/captcalc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ak36oGXq8cTaZdv9_i5R-6P407suCshYvErkUVT3E_s/edit#gid=1917108882

>Christmas Luckboxes (Chance for premiums or show love for your favourite /wowsg/ until Jan 18)
santa.worldofwarships.com/en/#/
santa.worldofwarships.eu/en/#/

>Leaked info from Russian Server
thedailybounce.net/2016/12/20/world-of-warships-some-information-from-russian-server-7/

>Graf Spee and Tier 6 camo+ship missions
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bobbarkersfaveship/

>Statistic tracker - is for fags:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/
wowstats.org/
maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/index.html

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully_ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Precisionista FULL
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlisquare FUYeah right
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121 FULL

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/soviet-destroyer-incoming/
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_0-patchnotes/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ak36oGXq8cTaZdv9_i5R-6P407suCshYvErkUVT3E_s/edit?usp=sharing
worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-060/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for lady botes.

xth for ded botes

>No mention of Russian DD branch
user...

Shamfur dispray user
RU DDs INCOMING
>>worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/soviet-destroyer-incoming/

Tier VIII Italian Premium Littorio Class BB Roma when?

It's other anons that bother editing the OP, I just copy the old one and get a new thread going when it's clear that nobody else can be bothered to make one.

After RU BBs. )))))))))))))))))))

Best hotel. qtest/5 stars

Kill yourself

Make me
Oh wait, apparently you can't make anything :^)

What will italy's national peculiarity be?
Will they shoot meatballs and explode in spaghetti?

low damage

fuck off bully reeeeeeeee get out of here

Literally.

Ship can scream "Vincere" and reveal all enemies on the map for 0.5s

what should i do with captains before 0.6.0?

What do?

check em

Breed them.

Try to get them to 10.

If you like German BBs she's still a pretty fun bote, and that is a decent discount
it's up to you user, if you want to give WG your shekels or not

don't do it

fuck give me that offer wg

The Ability to switch sides, when Loosing or to be just useless in general.
It depends if they are first or second WW Ships.

Do it if you're close to get the tirpitz camo from the campaign.

Patch notes are up:
>worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_0-patchnotes/

TEAMKILL MOSH.

>Radio positioning skill really is making it to live
ebin

They set up the skills tier 1 skills, forcing you to pretty much either go Incoming Fire Alert, Expert Loader or Priority Target, unless you're a carrier, which all seem a little useless for anyone with decent situation awareness. Expert loader is terrible, IMO.

Thoughts?

Priority Target seems at least mildly useful for cruisers, for knowing when it might be safe to turn or make a risky move.
Though still that only confirms what you should be looking out for yourself anyway.

>hey guise 10 million xp for the 19 point now only 300k!
>grinding new captains harder now, encourage transferring commanders using jew shekels to grind that sweet sweet commander xp :^))))

Direction Center for Catapult fighter on BBs and CAs, Prev. Maintenance for DDs

BaDDies blown the fuck out!

I suddenly feel like fucking a slug

You're right. That's the way to do it.

Extra catapult doesn't seem bad at all, actually, considering how nice it is for spotting, and complementing the already impressive AA on a BB.

More like IJN DDs blown the fuck out.
Now it's even easier to bully them with gunbotes. Nothing of value was lost.

>slightly harder to level new commanders
>50% is slightly harder

>French BB line still not announced

fucking kill me

Too bad they also reduced the duration to 90 seconds. Oh well, still better than the rest.

>worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_0-patchnotes/

Why do SEAmonkeys get the best WG staff? I swear, pretty much every patch announcement appeared on SEA first.

Direction center on BB and CAs is now mandatory, mostly because how useless the rest of the skills are.
It's a meme skill. You can get the same information by just looking at enemy BBs and timing their shots. All you need is some simple situational awareness.
Prev maintenance is pretty useless.
If you're running a DD that needs to keep his engine/rudder at all costs, like a good gunboat, you're already running last stand.
If you're running a DD that gave away last stand in exchange of extra seconds on torps or something, the small bonus is not going to make much of a difference anyway whenever you're caught in a situation where you need to run away ASAP

Really my main issue with the patch is not RDF, but how useless the T1 skills were made to be. BBs go through it mostly unscathed, tho still lose big on no T1 BoS, which is not so basic anymore.

SEA offices are desperate to keep everyone from just leaving for better servers.

Lunatic please.

>Direction center on BB and CAs is now mandatory, mostly because how useless the rest of the skills are.
And for all the BBs and CAs that don't have fighter planes?

The sun rises in the East, user. SEA lives in a time ahead of us, in every sense.

Low tier trash nobody cares about. Soviets can choose p much anything since it doesn't matter as all other 1pt skills are trash.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say we're going to see a lot of destroyers complain when a BB expert loads into HE and fucks him up.

You're right, server migration for stat padding and sealclubbing purposes should be discouraged. If a 55% shitter on SEA can get 70% on NA, imagine the shift in balance if there was a mass exodus. Droves of native NA players would just up and quit in frustration.

They're fucked and get to pick a meme skill.

Really, Direction Center for Catapult, with the old plane duration, would've made for an interesting alternative to T1 BoS and BFT.

AP deals a shitton of damage to DDs anyway, and has the potential to outright one-shot it. No point in wasting 15 seconds to re-reload when you already have a perfectly good shell in.

AP can already deal massive damage to DD if it angled

>all BBs below T7
>Bong CLs
>RU Crusiers
>high tier US CAs

I don't mind the idea of it becoming more of a powerful but shorter lived cooldown, it's just a shame that everything else you can chose from there is such garbage so the difference between ships that have fighters and ships that don't is so dramatic.

how come amagi perma camo so cheap? only 1k dubs?

Because it looks like fucking shit, just like every IJN camo, so they know people won't want to pay a bunch of shekels to cover their ship in puke.

hello peoples im the normie who wanted to make a social clan for the tag since botes is full of autists and with no extra vacancy for any other autists

the clan not only wont be expanded above 30 members, it also costs significantly more that i was able to shove on it.

if someone wants to make [NOPAN] you can go ahead, unless jake can literally gift me 2k doooobloooons.

>just got the Yorck
>first game, get my citpussy ravaged by a North Carolina bow-on during the opening salvo
>explode

PT would work on DDs if RPF wasnt a thing. would tell them how many invisible DDs they have to evade to hide

>warships.today is broken again
>can't jerk off over my own stats for each day
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Not really, not every DD would be targeting them, which means they wouldn't show up on the number.

No point in making another clan. Clans are getting expanded to 100 players. Timeline is early spring. Before that there are plans for clan modes, so no point in making more.

>You were supposed to get free xp as compensation for nagato and amagi in ST
>Now its ship xp
GG WG.

a qna said it wont be that much.

im expecting 50 wich should leave ~15 out of botes

>free XP'd both of them
>that's over 60k free XP just gone
Ebin WG, just ebin.

And the newest QnA confirmed that it will be that much.
>1. The size of a clan will initially be limited to 30 members. We plan to expand to 100 members this Spring. The maximum size might reach 300 members eventually.
thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/01/16/wows-qa-16th-january-2017/

But I want a cool Clan Tag and maybe some spontaneous divs.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if someone did make one just out of impatience before they get expanded.
And then we'll be stuck with multiple half filled clans.

>2-3x the grind to level up commanders till higher ranks.
>33% more XP to get from New to 13pt commander.
>XP needed for 14-18 is 20% less

>Total XP to go from New to 18 points is 8.5% less than it had been before.

So the grind is a bit shorter overall, but will feel like utter shit for players training new commanders for the first 12-13 points

The 10,000,000 for 19 point commander was fucking retarded on their part.
>Makes it 85% cheaper grind now vs then when counting New to 19pt.

>BoS is now NSBS
Kek.

>Timeline is early spring
>Clans had been coming soon™ since early 2015 and only arrived at the end of 2016
I'd recommend making another clan with the idea it could be wiped out/abandoned whenever the size increase actually happens and players pick which name they enjoy more. Because otherwise the cost'll increase, or perhaps there will be some unforeseen delays that bumps it out to summer, or fall, or soon™.

>Still believe in coming soon™
It's ok, user, I did that too in the beginning.

>what should i do with captains before 0.6.0?
Put them in more fights so they can evolve. Be a good Trainer.

>Be Italian captain
>Actual spaghetti falls out of pocket.

That's a mistake on the article. Real price is 3k.

There are no clan mode planned before the roster cap increase. There's literally no point in making new clans in the meanwhile. The Veeky Forums chat is perfectly functional for div assembly and general conversation; even if the list bugs from time to time, people still read and reply.

By the time the roster limits are eliminated, we'll have infighting over who should merge with who, and end up with at least two anemic underpopulated clans that can do nothing. And bitter resentment.

Get all your captains to 13 points and put them aside.
14 point on is when it gets cheaper XP wise

the New to 10 point grind is 44% slower and New to 13 point grind is 33% slower.
But from 14 points on the grind is faster.

Or if you have all the 13 point commanders you could want, grind on commanders with the highest XP you have for more commander XP and booster mentioned in the notes

Same, I love that deep purple.

>watching the positive difference on my winrate each day

>Completely forgot about captain retraining costs
God Damn the grind is going to be painful.

For a slightly more detailed look, try this out:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ak36oGXq8cTaZdv9_i5R-6P407suCshYvErkUVT3E_s/edit?usp=sharing

In addition to telling you if WG is going to make you grind more xp on the captain come next patch, it'll tell you how much xp WG is going to jew you for in 0.6.0, so you can figure out which ships to prioritize captain grinding on.

So it doesn't just delete your progression anymore?

I want to have tea time with the Bongos. :(

>tfw you will never have a little bongo model bote

You can buy them.

Yeah but I don't have the skills to make a good one, especially painting it.

This is completely retarded.

They introduce this system that effectively punishes new players at a time when the game needs more new players, especially on NA.

And it is set up in a way that most new players will nevr make it to higer commander ranks because they'll just see the fuckhuge cost of getting to 13 or 14 points and simply quit, or just keep playing new ships with new commanders for a bit and then quit.

This is more of the retarded 'money now, get the goyim to buy one ship and then leave, fuck next year and sustainability' mentality that almost killed this game on release.

It's like they forgot everything that made WoT a success.

>And it is set up in a way that most new players will nevr make it to higer commander ranks because they'll just see the fuckhuge cost of getting to 13 or 14 points and simply quit
Not really. "15 points" is no longer the grail for a captain. With everything now capped at 4 points, a 10pt captain is what everyone would be shooting for, and though the xp requirements for 10 points is a bit higher than it was before, it's still within the realm of possibility for the average casual player. There will no longer be any effectively unobtainable 5-point skills, and that'll make the average joe feel better.

>hurf durf I am le maymay and will post this in every thread even though they basically confirmed it

a semi decent EU thing worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/patch-notes-060/

World of Tanks crew grind is arguably more unforgiving in my opinion

At least everyone has sixth sense in WoWS

You used to not have sixth sense (situational awareness) in wows too

>The xp requirements for 10 points is a bit higher than it was before
>44% more is 'a bit'

Tbh WoWs is just way more friendly to new players than WoT is, this change actually supports that in a way because now players can get any captain skill in the game within 183k captain XP, as opposed to needing to grind 647k XP to be able to get stuff like CE or AS.
Sure getting those initial tiers of skills is more of a pain in the ass because they jacked up the cost of those 10 points, but overall when combined with the reduction from 5 tiers to 4 more than balances it out.

I'm just a little annoyed about the influx of low tier dds with concealment, it was pretty fun seal clubbing in farragut/kamikaze

That's one of the things I like most about it.
Seeing sealclubbers sad makes me amazingly happy.

OK, that's true.

WoT did not have Sixth Sense for the first two years, and crew skills were almost an afterthought.
Apart from certain TDs and medium tanks with camo crews being literally Klingons and certain heavies with full repair crews being able to pretty much keep driving no matter what.

Only after they added 6th Sense, Safe Stowage and Preventative Maintenance (to stop the permanent German transmission fires) plus BiA did a real jump in performance between a base 100% crew and a 3 or 4 skill crew become apparent.

I agree that WoWS is a lot more noob-friendly in this regard, but if you come right down to it the new make-or-break will now be 14 points concealment + RDF (or manual secondaries + RDF)

>183000 aggregate xp
wow_it's_fucking_nothing.jpg

>no 333% flags
>no 250% camo

>b-but just play 10k exp games with kraken and you'll have it in no time

Yeah, as opposed to needing to grind almost 650k XP to get certain skills like it takes now?
I'm sure new players are real sad about that.

What panties are your bote currently wearing, /wowsg/?

Fuck off cant you see he is a broken man?