Flying cars are a stupid dream

>flying cars

They already exist. They are called light aircraft and helicopters.

Do these idiots really believe that air traffic control will allow untrained idiots to join their airspace?

Driving needs a licence.
Flying needs a licence.
Just have people get both to be able operate flying cars and it'll keep the idiots away.

You underestimate how physically and technically difficult it would be to coordinate air traffic at the volume and density that would be reached by rush hour commuting.

There'd be lanes like on the street

the average roadtard can barely drive in a straight line without striking someone else and killing them. what makes you think adding another dimension of movement is a good idea?

You could set different heights based on direction. Basically have the ecu autocorrect your direction till you reach the right direction

the only problem with helicopters is they use an absurd amount of fuel and cost more than a fixed wing to buy

They already exist in controlled airspace. They're called airways and minimum separation distances are 1000 ft vertically or 3 mi laterally when flying IFR

Its takes more effort to get a pilots licence then the average point A to point B driver is willing to exert. Also, untrained idiots can already fly in ultralights without licenses but you dont see people jumping all over those.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think flying cars are going to really go anywhere beyond being an airplane you can drive to the airport, so I dont see much future in them either.

you're not understanding what he's saying mang

Thats why they need to have the flying licence to be able to operate it, to weed out roadtards.

fucking cirrus
i learned in a 172 and will only ever like the 172. it's god in plane mode

>not flying a 737 as your daily flyer

Think of all the reasons why light aircraft operate in and out of airports and are not allowed to land and take off on any roadway that looks good. These are all the reasons there won't be "flying cars".

>Not volunteering for the USAFA/CAP.
>Not getting someone else to pay for your flight training and license.
>Not getting to fly and maintain a Cessna 172 off of someone elses money.
>Not getting the bragging rights of saying you are a volunteer search and rescue pilot.
Do people not understand that this oportunity exist?

You can't track enemy aircrafts because so many people will show up on radars everywhere

Can I volunteer if i'm from another country?

>Not wearing a gay flight suit and strutting around like a real military pilot flying your 172.
>Not getting laughed at by real pilots behind your back everywhere you go.
>Not fucking things up all the time and sounding like a complete retard on the radio.

>Government sponsored paramilitary group dresses in military fatigues.
Why not? The CAP is the official auxiliary of the USAF.
>Real pilots laughing at volunteers who conduct search and rescue operations.
Are you making that up because you're bitter about your failing libido?
>Fucking anything up and untactfully communicating.
I think you fail to realize just how vital keeping well trained pilots is to the largest fleet of prop aircraft in the world.

>Not volunteering for the CAP
I did though, fucker.

That is exactly why flying cars are not around.

> Need a flying license to fly it
> Can only fly between runways anyway
> Nobody's going to get one for just a flying car
> Nobody's going to buy a flying car as a result
> No prototype is going to get into production
> Technology still isn't there for the original dream of 'WE'LL JUST FUCKING AUTOMATE EVERYTHING AND CONTROL IT WITH A COMPUTER'.

Gridlock on the roads, or gridlock in the air...
I'd rather morons not run out of fuel in mid-air.

Flying cars are a bad idea from the start. Roads aren't safe as it is, and need to have the vast majority of cars automated.
> MUH FREEDUMS
Shut up, america.
You can still apply for an advanced license that will be more in line with european driving tests, and will need re-tests periodically, and to meet minimum safety standards for your vehicle
> MUH FREEDUMS TO DRIVE A RUSTED DEATHTRAP WITH NO SEATBELTS
Kill yourself now, safe someone the effort of scraping you off the road.

>factory new Cessna: $370k

Not likely to outpace automobiles any time soon.

>people can't read paper maps of roads anymore
kek good luck reading a sectional map...

i'm not instrument rated yet reeeeeeeeeeee