/ovg/ - VERY fast Audi R8 Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

New version of the skinning guide
>mega.nz/#!DgFzkCJC!sRlwC57TjZ9uu4qOwxDZzYPx_WEoprXc5pu2fQDMEQk

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YrrK92fQmk
gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/
youtube.com/watch?v=7kfGZUvTtuM
youtube.com/watch?v=hu3Ru35RmK4
youtube.com/watch?v=KORUFsdmcg8
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7p6w93tMds2UjViXzR3WU5hM0E/view
discord.gg/0x5w2V3vBhu9Jxo1
classifieds.canada.com/remembering/story.html?id=9acb024b-ba0b-4a9f-85ec-a959751b6115
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here if u didn't see it

>got the correct skin guide link on the first try

Well done Mr OP

As the world's biggest pCars shill, let's talk about the leaked trailer:

youtube.com/watch?v=0YrrK92fQmk

It's shit.

>build what's advertised as a highly comprehensive and technical racing simulator
>don't show anything other than pretty graphics in a trailer designed to appeal to people who won't even play the game.

I don't care for artsy shots of whatever new licenses you have. Show it in the context of a simulator. Let's see rubber build-up, how weather affects each race, improved AI, better garage menu options, the career mode plans you have, that sort of thing. This is what the people buying these games actually care about.

People already know what pCars is. They want a reason to buy pCars 2. Showing them an identically-shot trailer doesn't do shit to generate hype.

Top REEEEEEEE.

Seems they only care about console faggots and graphics...

Don't lie, watching the puddles form gave you at least a semi.

Honestly I couldn't agree more

I have pCars (bought for extreme discount) and I am not going to buy the second one (even at extreme discount) unless it is substantially better than the last one. The driving feel was just so off constantly, I could never catch a slide despite being able to just fine in every other simulator, the rain did absolutely nothing to the grip, and all the "simulation" of stuff in their fancy graphics hud never seemed to make any difference.

Honestly the only reason there is for having pCars is blasting down Mulsanne at night in an R18 - and honestly that's almost reason enough for the €10 I paid

already been done

>it's another James hates everyone and everything episode

Look at these puddles. And snow. Definitely worth the 60$ plus whatever DLC is coming out
Now if you excuse me, I'm gonna point and laugh at all these peasents that bought AC on console, thinking they would actually deserve a functioning game

I have a glitch with the PS4 version where the steering lock setup option doesn't work and every car in the game has like, 720 degree rotation. So not only do I have the wheel upside down in GT cars, driving IndyCars is downright comical. I have no idea how to fix and have tried absolutely everything. It's seriously pathetic.

Jeez it's a trailer, how are you going to show all that shit in a 90 seconds video?

That's stuff you show in the gameplay trailers not the main trailer (assuming this is even a definitive version)

You guys really love to sperg over nothing

And reporting it as a bug probably gets you banned I'd imagine

I have very little faith in them bringing out a functioning, working game for pCars2. Sure it's pretty and all, but what good is it if the game looks great if it might as well be Need For Speed 2015. That game looks fucking marvellous and it's still shit

Try this, I'm gonna assume it works with the G29's face buttons.

gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

Three ways:

>action shots from above of cars racing in packs without massive wrecks or cars wandering into the grass
>quick timelapse of cars taking the same corner in quick succession and seeing the line gradually rubber in as the sun comes up and goes down (maybe do it at Daytona to coincide with the Rolex 24)
>Show Indycars at Longbeach, stock cars at daytona, more of the DRM cars instead of a quick shot of the porsche

Boom, done.

why is there suddenly a pcars defense force here?

it's a reveal trailer, what did you expect? It's supposed to be vague

Because James

Anything James says means someone is going to disagree

I've driven the game enough through story mode and participated in 3 series in a league with it to know he's basically right, the game is not what is has been advertised to be, it looks fucking great and I love using it as a screenshot machine, but it's just... so disappointing on so many levels to drive in

There's nothing to reveal; everyone and their grandmother knew they were making it

The fuck is there to reveal? People know what pCars is and most of them aren't all that excited about buying it for very justified reasons.

>ooh puddles!
>rotating flags that change with wind direction!

No, fuck off. The first game was shit. Hit me and hit me hard as to why I should be excited at this reveal.

reveal of a new game you dumbasses. We all know that COD is the same game every year, yet they still produce a reveal trailer. That's how it works. Wait a couple weeks and a gameplay trailer will surface

And yet you regularly upload videos of yourself playing the first game on your YouTube channel.

Too late.

>first footage of a game focuses on MUH GRAPHICS rather than what the game is about

This is like a universally bad sign about the game.

t. pcars junior assistant communnity manager

They're certainly not good videos by any means.

youtube.com/watch?v=7kfGZUvTtuM
youtube.com/watch?v=hu3Ru35RmK4

James is basically Donald Trump

People lose their minds whenever they do anything

So what? Any time a game developer puts out a video, once it is public it will gain praise AND criticism. You can't do something and say "wah~ it's not fair this video was only supposed to be liked, criticising it is not fair boo hoo". Your example of CoD is apt, since they too receive criticism when they release reveals and teasers and they deal with it or just move on and ignore it.

When we interviewed him and talked with him a bit afterwards, Ian at least knows that pCars had a bunch of problems.

How much of that they're able to translate into kicking ass for the second game, we don't know. Their track record is all over the place when you consider the same team that made GTR 2 also made the Shift games.

They already showed you there is rally, rallycross, there is a deeper weather simulation and there are new car licences, which are all things that didn't exist in pCARS.
What more do you want? Seems there is already quite a lot of juice in that 90sec video.

How is a group shot from above showing anything about the game?

Come on..

I would blame the Shift games on EA to be quite frank, I could imagine they put some rules on the team to try and keep the games somewhat casual-friendly - but that doesn't explain why pcars seems to suffer from the same kind of wonky handling Shift 2 has

It's like one moment you kind of feel it's alright, then the next moment it's just fucking what

At least I hope they realize there is a point in having an absolutely gorgeous looking simulator. I'm sure it would lure in a more casual crowd as long as they keep the driving aids there and make them actually help out

>How is a group shot from above showing anything about the game?

That the AI is competent and doesn't drive 50 feet off the racing surface to hit a flagstand.

You're not very good at this shilling business.

>I would blame the Shift games on EA to be quite frank
>but that doesn't explain why pcars seems to suffer from the same kind of wonky handling Shift 2 has

:D

>At least I hope they realize there is a point in having an absolutely gorgeous looking simulator.

I think they do, but it's bitten them in the ass as PhysX is notoriously difficult for any developer to work with.

>James shits on a new game
>with valid points and ways to fix it
>the shills jump in to divert the attention from the fact it's just gonna be another shitty game
Amazing desu

Can't we go back to talking about anime skins

I'm not shilling, I don't want you to buy or like pCARS, I'm just saying you are sperging too much on a 90 second trailer that already has a bunch of new stuff showing.
That shit might as well be the game intro.

Please link me one 90sec official trailer from a racing game where you can learn everything there is to know about how the game works.

>it's another James craves attention episode

>trailer
It's placeholder intro video made for internal demo to show some progress to Bandai. Real trailer will be out in few days faggot.

NASCAR 05 trailer.

youtube.com/watch?v=KORUFsdmcg8

>three new series like everybody had asked for since Dirt to Daytona
>new tracks (I spotted the now defunct Nazareth speedway in there)
>animated cutscenes (these are actually in the game btw)
>new points system (this was a very big deal in 04)
>same gameplay with grudges and alliances system everybody liked from 04.

All in 30 seconds.

You seem to know all about the origins of this trailer and when the "real" one will be released. Hello Mr. pCars shill!

>herp derp I'm going to start from the pits and cruise around the back at Bathurst to get participation credits
>car suddenly fucking slides for no reason going up the mountain and I get fucking rekt
Thank you Kaemmer. I have literally never had oversteer in this corner in any car in any game in hundreds of laps.

>using cars on anything besides the porsche cup tires
I'm impressed with these tires honestly.

Favorite IRL anime skins. Go.

kys

chillax RBDK. I'd rather have people have talk about stuff they like instead of complaing about some bitch nigga.

you already posted it

pic related is a good one when it comes to meme value

That's why I was cruising, because I could not be arsed to care about driving this shit. Of course I had to be a low number so I bled iRating like a motherfucker.

That wasn't me

Don't make me get a fucking trip you cunts

Hey, I never claimed to be RBDK.

I am RBDK

I've had enough
You made me do this

Just don't namefag unless your identity is important

This is an anonymous imageboard you fucking attention whore

You're not me. Then I'd like you to tell me what RBDK actually is an abbreviation of, din vatpik

Notice I haven't

i love anime

Reeeeeeee
Bitch
Dick
Kraid

>pretending to be me

Fuck off. Posting my psd so you know it's really me

If it has proper triple screen support I can deal with it being not an awesome simulator.

Can confirm. I've seen the actual 4K resolution trailer.

Really Bad Drift King

Right Dirty Bastard Kommando

>It's another retard obsessed with James has to try to cause drama every time he posts episode.

And no don't call me James either you cunt

Stop stealing my work REEEEEEEEEE

I am RBDK. This is proof

I posted that pic a few threads back when I got sick you you all, note in the metadata that it's from January 21st

Wrong

Kekd irl

Anyway I've had enough of this for tonight, can't believe I wasted time on the skin guide again for this bullshit, links will be 404 from now on, I haven't wasted my time being helpful to half the fucking field here to stand for this bullshit honestly, my time is worth more than that

Call it a spergout or whatever you like, Veeky Forums cunts will be cunts any day of the week anyway.

Anyone still needing the guide can contact me directly

reporting you to Trump for identity fraud. Enjoy your last breath.

HERE WE GO

Hop ind på ogc i stedet for. Vi bider ikke

looks great senpai

I can't contain myself right now. The best thing is that the data is there, so it won't be shit.
Was there ever an 86 coupe in racing games before?

>Uironisk være dansk

Skal du fronte

Oh fuck, what's that for? Levin coupe is my jam.

Yes.
Race Driver: GRID
Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2

Yeah, I just remembered grid.
AC. There are some guys making a thicc N2 86 for a league and they are also improving the kunos physics too, so it's very promising. Model wise it's not perfect, but it's getting there.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B7p6w93tMds2UjViXzR3WU5hM0E/view

I haven't tried it yet, but here you go.

Fucking nice. I would play the fuck out of an N2 AE86 league.

Forgot pic

Holy shit that looks cool. Bets on how long it'll take Kunos to take it down for "stealing content"?

Go to Settings to Activate Windows

I was thinking of doing it too. If you have facebook, join their group. They are also posting progress pics in their discord(that's where I got them from). Looks like they are gonna do tsukuba for the first track.

discord.gg/0x5w2V3vBhu9Jxo1

Let's play another round of Ask James because I have to pick up my folks from the airport in 5 hours and need a creative reason to stay awake.

Keep the questions sim racing-related-ish if you can. Priority will go to genuinely good questions.

If you had the chance to make a sim racing game for any platform what would be the bases of the game, say what cars? What key features would you put your sweat and blood into getting in the game? DLC or no?

Nuke /r/simracing. Yay or Nay?

How do I go fast like you?

What is the best personal toilet solution for sim racing?

If you decide to farm Porch Cup at Nurburdur via starting from pits, wait until you're last out of the pitlane - one asshole who can't drive is an easy 6-car pile on the first lap.

Piss yourself and febreze the seat after. Duh.

Hi I'm Ian Bell from Slightly Mad Studios

AMA!

With the NHRA getting a bunch of airtime on Fox Sports and receiving a huge audience compared to how they'd be fucked over on ESPN2 for women's softball tournaments, now's the right time to capitalize on a drag racing game. Ron Capps would be placed in a position of importance since he has an actual degree in software engineering on top of being an NHRA champion.

Uncuck the moderators.and disallow downvoting. I don't think there's a need to nuke it, the community has just been corralled into behaving a certain way.

Practice pit stops where you run to the bathroom while the car is up on the jack. Did it for the Baja 500 and it worked out fine.

I had multiple years of private sim racing training from a guy who used to race late models (and win) against people who are currently in ARCA. And he in turn learned from his dad who raced at Evergreen Speedway in the 80's against a couple guys who made it to Winston Cup. All of my dirty tactics are straight from Washington short track racing circa 1986.

best ever

Going to do a season-review of GT3 for PRC or nah?

I think if the current season plays out much how the first two races have gone, with minimal drama, I'll do a bit of a retrospective on OVG's main series as a whole, and portray S4 as a return to form.

If the Tranny fucking autism starts up again then I'll just not do any article.

I'm enjoying myself so far though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't you thrown in the loony bin at some point?

shit, i remember someone here always said it involved his mom too, would be interesting to hear a final say on that, even if it was just some circlejerk's drama

kys

I don't really try to hide it. Had anxiety problems, still do, doctors suggested medication, it made things worse instead of better. I'm a statistic lel.

classifieds.canada.com/remembering/story.html?id=9acb024b-ba0b-4a9f-85ec-a959751b6115

It's fun for bystanders to laugh at because LOL NUTTER XD but then you realize I actually made a full recovery and within seven years started a successful website and landed a major sponsor for 2017.

Well just think this one out logically. Yes, I was really fucked up. Think of how your buddy or sister or aunt or whatever was when they were on anti-depressants or whatever for a bit. But if some of the more creative rumors were true, I'd be in jail. You wouldn't know who I am. Attempted murder in Canadian criminal law (at least, this is some of the better stories I've read about myself) carries a minimum 4 year sentence. So I'd like to know how I was posting on ovg in 2010 and playing iRacing in 2011, when according to some of the more elaborate stories I wouldn't be released from jail until 2014.

This is Veeky Forums afterall, I figured it was just drama regurgitated by whoever.

Thank you for your honest answer, and, in turn, sating my curiosity.

When will you be reviewing Whiplash?